watch now

Author Topic: CrossFit  (Read 74345 times)

beachgirl

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »
^ i'm not sure what the trial WOD is now but if you're not sure yet if you can do box jumps, you can do step ups and use a shorter box (12").

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2013, 10:24:17 pm »
^ That's good, pwede magmodify. :) What's your opinion on the criticism that CrossFit puts too much pressure/strain on the joints? I read may Foundations class naman where they teach newbies the basics such as the correct form and how to avoid injuries.

beachgirl

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2013, 05:41:29 pm »
^ yes, the coaches will never force you to do something you don't feel comfortable with or can't do yet. :)

everyone who enrolls in CF is required to do foundations, where correct form and technique is taught. kung tama naman ang form and technique mo and you're using the correct weights for your level, you shouldn't have to worry about injuries. of course, as in any sport, people still get injured. pero sabi nga ng friend ko, kahit naglalakad ka lang pag natapilok ka pwede ka pa din ma-injure.

ac0425

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2013, 12:30:43 am »
I know a coach from Crossfit Insurrecto and she is tough as nails pero marunong kunng hanggang saan ka ipupush. Has anyone gone to Crossfit Insurrecto?

beachgirl

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2013, 02:28:49 pm »
^ i've never tried going to insurrecto but some of their coaches used to coach at crossfit mnl libis.

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2013, 10:14:50 am »
Finally did bootcamp last night and I am smitten as a kitten. My body failed me a few times and it was sore when I woke up this morning, but hell, it feels sooo good. It's the addictive kind of pain.

Made the mistake of wearing shorts though, so I have small bruises on my knees and elbows. I'm thinking maybe I should buy knee/elbow support to protect my joints next time.

I'll stay in bootcamp for one month then I'll go through Foundations in January.

It's too fun. I can't wait to go again tomorrow. Will do a little Ashtanga today to calm the muscles a bit.

beachgirl

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2013, 04:25:12 pm »
^ that's great! bad news though, you'll always have bruises here and there. especially when you start doing regular WODs. have fun!

kachich

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2013, 08:39:36 pm »
^sayang! sana you waited until december! libre if you have a member friend! Just Kidding ;) So glad you enjoyed it! :)

Miss you sis beachgirl!

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2013, 09:38:32 pm »
Since there's a Bring a Buddy promo, isasama ko female friend ko next week. Excited na sya. Haha.

Having second thoughts about going purely bootcamp. Parang I want to do WOD even if I'm new to CrossFit.

beachgirl

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2013, 10:21:48 pm »
^^ sis kachich how's the makati box? sad that tanner's abs are leaving... haha!

kachich

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2013, 10:11:43 am »
^masaya din sa Makati Box! You should visit! Tanner left na :( He's one of the best coaches for me.

beachgirl

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2013, 01:39:53 pm »
^ some of us are really planning to trespass sa makati box. maybe one saturday then kain daw sa salcedo. i'll let you know! sayang no more 3rd fittest man in asia. :(

kachich

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2013, 03:44:31 pm »
^yes please! :) See you guys! :)

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2013, 12:51:47 am »
Signed up for WOD! Woohoo. Will attend Foundations tomorrow (if hindi macancel).

Sarap ng bootcamp kanina. CF is really making me very happy. :)

beachgirl

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2013, 02:08:33 pm »
^ that's good to hear! i'm glad you're enjoying CF. :)

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #155 on: December 12, 2013, 09:29:50 am »
CrossFit. All I think about. All I talk about. All I care about. Found bruises on collarbone area after WOD one day and I felt so proud. Haha.

kachich

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #156 on: December 12, 2013, 09:59:04 am »
Hahaha! It can really get addicting! :) Buti nga ako nag tame na. I can skip some days na without feeling guilty na namiss ko ang wod (not because hindi ako naka exercise - but because sayang ang opportunity to get stronger)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 10:05:24 am by kachich »

beachgirl

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2013, 02:07:27 pm »
battle scars yan. :) we call them barbell hickeys! when you start getting calluses you'll feel even prouder.

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2013, 02:49:55 pm »
I have small ones on my palm, just below the fingers. Nakafingerless gloves na ko nyan ha. Haha.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 03:12:21 pm by Frozen Toes »

beachgirl

  • Guest
Re: CrossFit
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2013, 06:56:00 pm »
^ ooh sometimes the gloves can cause calluses too, so you need good ones. or just accept that you'll get torn calluses from time to time.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close