watch now

Author Topic: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner  (Read 36717 times)

alluka

  • Guest
How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« on: December 08, 2010, 07:07:04 pm »
Hi girls, eto nga pala mga set of questions na kailangan ko alamin bago ko talaga ituloy to habang buhay

- ano mga exercise videos na pwede pang beginner?
- hindi ba dapat muna kumain bago mag exercise? or may kinakain kayo protein bar bago mag simula?
- tuwing kelan ba mageexercise: umaga, tanghali o gabi?
- paano ba talaga ma-maintain ang pageexercise pag busy ka na?
- 2k lang ang budget namin for food, ano mga healthy meals na pwede gawin within that budget?
- kaya ba talaga mag healthy lifestyle kahit on a tight budget?

enlighten me girls, habang maaga pa, gusto ko ma-practice ang healthy living kahit paunti-unti

thanks a bunch  ;D


aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 07:44:51 pm »
Start simply:       Take 30min walks each day.
                         Eat nothing fried.
                         Drink lots of water.
                       
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 07:47:03 pm by aquacharly »

caeca

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 09:59:34 am »
- hindi ba dapat muna kumain bago mag exercise? or may kinakain kayo protein bar bago mag simula?
as a beginner, you don't need to eat a protein bar. they're usually high in sugar, which you don't need. besides, extra expense yun. :)

Quote
- tuwing kelan ba mageexercise: umaga, tanghali o gabi?
whenever it's most convenient for you. what's important is that you get to exercise on a regular basis.

Quote
- paano ba talaga ma-maintain ang pageexercise pag busy ka na?
gawin mo syang priority. as in part of your routine, just as important as taking a bath. :)

Quote
- 2k lang ang budget namin for food, ano mga healthy meals na pwede gawin within that budget?
- kaya ba talaga mag healthy lifestyle kahit on a tight budget?
2k for the whole month? kaya naman to eat healthy on a budget. buy lots of veggies and fresh food from the market. stick to unprocessed food, and don't spend your money buying things like softdrinks, iced tea and packaged juices. cook your own food so you can monitor both the healthiness of it, and the cost.

ishko

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 10:06:50 am »
i would also like to start a healthy lifestyle.. thanks for the info..

more info please..  ;D

alluka

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 10:08:06 am »
as a beginner, you don't need to eat a protein bar. they're usually high in sugar, which you don't need. besides, extra expense yun. :)
whenever it's most convenient for you. what's important is that you get to exercise on a regular basis.
gawin mo syang priority. as in part of your routine, just as important as taking a bath. :)
2k for the whole month? kaya naman to eat healthy on a budget. buy lots of veggies and fresh food from the market. stick to unprocessed food, and don't spend your money buying things like softdrinks, iced tea and packaged juices. cook your own food so you can monitor both the healthiness of it, and the cost.

so ano kakainin bago mag exercise?

2k/week
may alam ka site for pinoy healthy meals or something para may masundan ako?

problem rin kasi sis, I wake up late (mga 10am) kaya iniisip ko baka hindi effective ang exercise kung gawin ko kahit sa hapon.


--
thanks so much for the responses you two :)

pandora23

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 04:22:17 pm »
you really have to start making smart choices to achieve the shape and figure youve always dreamed of.

every one knows its hard but its all in the mind, really. :)

alluka

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 07:30:36 pm »
you really have to start making smart choices to achieve the shape and figure youve always dreamed of.

every one knows its hard but its all in the mind, really. :)

what kind of smart choices did you do when you first started sis? para may idea ako
thanks

smitten

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 10:56:41 am »
smart choice of foods and drinks. well, everything we buy sa grocery lagi nila sinasabe - we have this, we don't have that, we can do this, we can make you thin.

for me try mo lang which is good for you, that shows results.
sabi ng friend ko kapag good ang digestion mo it will work.

showermist

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 11:44:47 am »
try to avoid mga high sodium food/condiments, thats a start too :)

raven03

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 01:21:14 pm »
Download torrents ng exercise videos  :) Then do them
Brown rice might be more expensive but its more filling and healthier.
Try to eat more vegetables and fish.
Kung busy ka na, try to incorporate small exercises at work. I used to do wall push ups sa restroom kapag nag weewee ako. And when I watch tv I stand up instead of sitting down and move my feet up and down.

Easiest for me to do: let go of any carb na white (pasta, rice, bread)
I don't eat potatoes, I eat carrots instead
No softdrinks

I was a fat kid growing up but my weight has been pretty steady between 51 to 54. On good days I can still fit in my college clothes (27 na ko)

hisana

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 07:48:34 pm »

I remember when I completely removed softdrinks from my diet, my weight went down by 5 pounds in less than a month. Nagulat ako, LOL.

Nice tips from everyone, by the way. Thanks.  :)

ckay

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 12:31:40 pm »
for me the most effective method is taking baby steps. the more na binibigla mo, lalo ka nag gigive up or nabuburn out. Me, i dont deprive myself of anything esp on food. ginagawa ko is more or less.

Ex: more water, less juice / soda,
more fruits, less pastries / cake
more grilled, less fried etc
more yogourt, less icecream

im the type kc pag binawal parang lalong [textspeak!] maalis sa isip ko. Then sa exercise, add pa konti konti after a week or two.

runea

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 06:01:24 am »
i agree with ckay. everything in moderation siguro talaga ang key plus exercise. atsaka maganda rin siguro yung meron kang tinatawag na goal setting. kasi mahirap yung bigla mong imo-modify yung lifestyle mo kasi pag ganun short-lived lang. take it one day at a time, pag medyo nagkamali - wag ma-discourage. effective sa akin yung tinatawag na 21-day rule in creating good habits. anything that you constantly do for 21 straight days becomes a habit. halimbawa, kung gusto mo na laging may fruits at vegetables sa meals mo, start including it for the next 3 weeks and surely, hahanap-hanapin mo na siya. same with exercise...pag lagi mo ginagawa it becomes second nature.

anyway, hope this helps! kaya natin to! ;D

Craig66

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 04:52:57 pm »
This discussion is very healthy for the health and fitness fir the beginner.
I hope The beginner will get advantages after reading this thread because of
effective information.

isnabero

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 04:45:33 pm »
I agree with all what others have mentioned here. Although I want to share how I started my "healthy living" diet plan. I initially did it because I wanted to lose weight. I actually started a year ago. April 1. That's a Maundy Thursday. I told myself that since it's holy week, I'm gonna skip meat and eat fruits, veggies, and fish instead. I also removed softdrinks (sobrang lakas ko dito before, almost everyday meron), iced tea, and most sweets from my diet. I substituted them with skim milk and fresh fruit juices. Una I said I'm gonna do it for a week lang then after a week, I felt like I can go on for more so sabi ko sige try ko for a month. After the first month, I noticed I'm already enjoying it and I already got used to my new eating habit so I decided to go on. I didn't do any exercise yet kasi based from previous experiences and diet plans, nagugutom lang ako agad after mag-exercise so I tend to eat more. So sabi ko kelangan masanay muna body ko in my new eating habits before ako mag-exercise. I also started to cut out on other foods na din by that time (like rice, oily, etc). I only started any sort of physical activity after about 3 months na. And now, 1 year after, I've lost around 70 lbs already. Maybe more coz I didn't really track my weight at all. Until now I still stick to my diet plan. Although it's no longer a diet plan I guess but more of a healthier eating habit na. And I'm loving it. =) Hope this helps.

Gabrielle Andre

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 07:51:04 pm »
^ tama ka sis, mas maganda talaga daanin sa lifestyle change yung pag lose ng weight rather than go on crash diets, and self deprivation and extreme exercises na na mahirap naman i maintain, so babalik at babalik ka rin sa dating katawan mo, and probably even worse.

may finorward saken yung kaibigan ko na article about this elimination diet thing and maganda siya.

pareho din tayong beginner sa lifestyle change na to, and the best thing is to take it one step at a time, I was a junkfood addict since my elementary years until 2 months ago, so thats like 20+ years...bakit addict? kasi I couldn't sleep at night without consuming at least 1 big bag of chicheria in a day, and since my college days, kaya kong umubos ng 1liter of softdrinks/day, plus I dont eat fish, i like eating only spaghetti, pizza,burger, chicken, tapos mga ulam na meaty and greasy like adobo..pero kumakain naman ako gulay IF meron pork na sahog, and I drink at least 4 cups of coffee/day and eat kopiko/coffee candy every hour that Im not drinking coffee. I had the scare of my life when I was diagnosed with pre-hypertension.Okay pa naman kidneys ko, pero dahil nga sobrang overweight and unhealthy na ako , kahit active naman lifestyle ko, at risk pa rin heart ko.

Ive been coffee and softdrinks free for 2 months now, i started it one day at a time, mahirap sa umpisa pero pagtagal , masasanay ka rin, kahit makaamoy ka ng kape you wont crave it anymore. yesterday , i tried drinking a cup of coffee, yun sumakit ulo ko!! Ive stopped eating chicherias na rin for 6 weeks na!!! Minsan pupunta ako sa grocery, kukuha ako ng 1 big bag of lays sour cream or kahit red na chippy, pagdating ko sa counter , i leave it kasi parang nasusuka na ako sa itsura niya.

all it takes is determination, a burning desire to live a healthier life, do it slowly, para maging lifestyle mo na talaga yung being healthy at hindi lang passing fancy na lilipas din pag pumayat ka or what..

kulitkidz

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 08:35:15 pm »
when you say walking as a form of exercise need ba talaga brisk walking? how about if you're 9 mos. post pregnancy na? pwede na ba walking for 30 mins. straight?  :)

SweetieNela

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 10:08:55 pm »
ako mahirap akong pumayat pero ang bilis ko tumaba. ang exercise ko lang every weekends kasi dito sa lugar namin walang lugar na pwede makapag exercise..

need ba talaga everyday? or ok lang if every weekends? kasi kung may work ako.pag dating sa bahay kainn tulog nalang sa sobrang pagod. iba daw kasi ang trabaho sa exercise..

mizizlim

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 03:22:13 pm »
- ano mga exercise videos na pwede pang beginner?
>zumba 20 minute express video - you can download torrents for this.  it's fun and easy, and it's a great cardio exercise.  :)  but 1 exercise i really like is running.  try to research on the net yung mga couch to 5k programs.  it'll help you get started on running.  parang at first, alternate running and walking ka lang.  1 minute run, tapos 2 minutes brisk walk.  3x a week lang ito, for mga 30 minutes.  eventually after 8 weeks, i can already run straight 30 mins!

- hindi ba dapat muna kumain bago mag exercise? or may kinakain kayo protein bar bago mag simula?
>i don't believe in protein bars e.  they have very high caloric contents.  i think the rule is to rest 2 hours after meals before exercising.

- tuwing kelan ba mageexercise: umaga, tanghali o gabi?
>fitness experts usually refrain from answering this question kasi it serves as another excuse for not exercising.  :)  it doesn't matter what time of day you exercise, just make sure that you exercise.  pick a time that's most convenient for you.

- paano ba talaga ma-maintain ang pageexercise pag busy ka na?
>alam mo for me this is a misconception that you're too busy to exercise.  a good workout can be as fast as 30 minutes.  that's only 2% of your time per day.  If you exercise 30 mins, 3x per week, that's a total of 90 minutes only for the total week, 1% lang yun!  :)  it can be done, you just have to have the determination to do it!

- 2k lang ang budget namin for food, ano mga healthy meals na pwede gawin within that budget?
- kaya ba talaga mag healthy lifestyle kahit on a tight budget?

>yes, it can be done.  you basically can eat naman the same food, pero in smaller portions.

my first step actually when i changed my lifestyle was to count calories.  if you want to lose weight, i think the recommendation is to consume a maximum of 1,200 calories per day.   nag-log talaga ako ng lahat na kinakain ko na food (pati mentos!) using an app i downloaded from itunes.  it helped me become aware of the things i ate.  basically, what i realized after doing that for 1 month is that regular food such as rice and ulam is ok.  my diet killers were mga junkfood and sweets kasi these are very high in calories.  so yun yung mga tinanggal ko at first sa diet ko. 

after that, i incorporated na exercise.  kasi nakakaburn sya naman ng calories...at first, ang iniisip ko lang was that it's a way to offset yung mga calories na kinakain ko.  :)  example, running for 30 minutes burns about 200 calories.  so if i run, i can eat 2 chocolate chip cookies for that day.  on days naman when i don't run, i stay away from sweets.  ganun lang.  :)

i've been doing this for almost a year na, and i've lost (and kept off!) mga 50 lbs na.  :) 


Bab_z

  • Guest
Re: How to begin a healthy lifestyle as a beginner
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 10:25:46 pm »
- ano mga exercise videos na pwede pang beginner?   I like Hip Hop Abs... madaling sundan.. 
Pero mas gusto ko tumakbo, or mag shadow box kesa sumunod ng videos.

- hindi ba dapat muna kumain bago mag exercise? or may kinakain kayo protein bar bago mag simula?   Ako, I eat light first. Kasi lunch time ako nag-gy-gym. So, eat muna ko ng half rice and gulay, then wait for mga 15minutes then I work-out.  I dont eat protein bar kasi ang taas nun sa calories.
   
- tuwing kelan ba mageexercise: umaga, tanghali o gabi?  Depende to sayo Sis. Kung kelan mo feel.
  Ako kasi I work, so ang ginagawa ko is tuwing lunch time ako nag-gy-gym. Sa gabi naman, If hindi ako pagod from work, sumasayaw lang ako sa room, or mag-sha-shadow box or abs. I make sure na tulog na yung baby ko before I excercise sa house. So naka-earphones ako mag-excercise kasi baka magising.
Tapos once a week may badminton session ako, after office hours to.
Weekends, nag-wa-walking lang ako sa mall. Or laro with my kid. So eto yung parang rest day ko.


   - paano ba talaga ma-maintain ang pageexercise pag busy ka na?Dedication sis.
May goal kasi ako e... that's what keeps me going. Pag nag-we-weigh ako, and I lose weight, mas ginaganahan ako. Kaya na-sque-squeeze ko yung excercise sa daily activities ko. You can do, what I do, during lunch break... Or, better yet, wake up earlier, then go to the gym earlier. Mas masarap yun... Di ko lang magawa gumising ng maaga.


- 2k lang ang budget namin for food, ano mga healthy meals na pwede gawin within that budget?Healthy food doesnt have to be expensive.
Mas mura nga ang fish and chicken kesa pork.  Tapos mura din ang gulay. So mas makakatipid ka, mas magiging healthy ka pa... And, this was advised to me by a nutritionist, iwasan ang kumain sa labas, kasi yung mga fast food, ang ta-taas sa calories nyan... Di ba tipid???

- kaya ba talaga mag healthy lifestyle kahit on a tight budget?Yep... no doubt. Mas tipid nga ako sa lunch e. Kasi di na ko nag-so-softdrinks. Tapos I walk instead of taking a cab. Sa Umaga naman, oatmeal ang agahan ko.  Mura lang din yun... Tapos I count the calories that I take, so di na ko bumibili ng mga sitsirya and chocolates, yung calories kasi na ma-ga-gain ko sa chocs, mas mabuti pang sa rice ko na lang i-allocate, mas busog pa ko... so mas tipid pa nga talaga.
Noon kasi puro kami kain sa labas ng hubby ko. Tapos pag nag-grocery kami, puro chocolates... now na health concious na kami, bawas gastos na sa mga ganyan...

Kaya mo yan Sis... Sa umpisa lang mahirap.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close