watch now

Author Topic: Birthday Stories and Photos II  (Read 277908 times)

drpeewee

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #480 on: September 22, 2013, 05:52:05 pm »
^sis, your pics can't be viewed. Would love to check your Bigoli Eastwood party.

Bel_84

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #481 on: September 23, 2013, 02:23:33 pm »
Celebrated my 1st daughters birthday at Big Mike's Grill House Batangas City

reserved 110 plates adults and 25 plates for kiddos- super happy dahil malaki ang serving nila..:)

birthday cake by fadge cravings- im happy with the presentation of the cake, but i guess yun lang talaga binayaran namin..hindi masarap kainin.


dessert buffet- diy! :) gummies by gummies haven- sarap! pompoms from celebrations partycentral pastries by ann's home cakes...mabilis naman naubos ang nasa table halos wala na ako nakain  :'(

magician- bon joker grabe ang aga nya sa venue..3 pm ang party 11 andun na sya. :) nag enjoy ang mga kids pero ako narinig ko na kasi yung ibang jokes/gimmicks..but i guess my guests enjoyed his show and games kasi tumatawa naman sila at nag cla clap :)

giveaways-ipad pillows c/o shop til u drop medyo may hassle lang ng konti because of the habagat and all na delay daw production nila..but they were humble enough to deliver the goods a day before the party..and madami natuwa at nacute-an dito..sad to say nakalimutan ko na sya papicture-an...


http://www.flickr.com/photos/102426723@N07/

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #482 on: September 27, 2013, 03:04:20 pm »
Zoe celebrated her 3rd birthday last September 22nd at McDonald's Filinvest Marcos Highway. It was a relatively small and intimate party, we only invited her first cousins.

In relation to that, here is my mini supplier review for her party.

Venue: McDonald's Filinvest Marcos Highway
Peso Power: P7,072 for 34 sets of Spaghetti and chicken, cheeseburger, fries, drinks, and sundae; P3,000 for 30 sets of lootbags and prizes, P500 1 hour extension
Review:
We reserved the venue back in June simply because I'm an overly excited parent who always wants things done ahead of time. Naturally, I was also expecting that if there were any kinks to the party, then I should be made aware AHEAD of time. This wasn't my first choice of venue, it was supposed to be McDonald's Libis but we settled for this branch because of our decision to have a short guest list. Let me enumerate the disastrous events that happened:

1. I pencil-booked September 22nd 2pm-4pm and was told that the slot won't be given to anyone else without informing us. This was back in May, I came back in June to make a deposit but was told that  somebody had booked the function room from 3:30PM-5PM on the said date. Fine, I adjusted and booked 12:30PM-3PM

2. They called me the NIGHT BEFORE my daughter's party to inform me that there were no Toy Story amenities available and they can only provide Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I didn't make any fuss since my daughter also likes MMC. Sure.

3. On the day of the party, they told me that there were no AVAILABLE LOOTBAGS and the party favors will only be distributed to the kids.This was when I lost my patience and almost ate the crew alive. WTF?! Even if this was just a small party, it deserved the respect deemed for all their other parties. They will hand out the party favors to the kids?? I booked and paid 3k in June, couldn't they have ordered their supplies then? Even if it was their supplier's fault, didn't they have MORE THAN AMPLE TIME to inform me so I could have at least bought themed lootbags?? Nakakabwisit! I went out of the party area and really shouted at the crew members. Kakabastos eh. They were frantic and they offered to put the party favors on McDonald's brown bags. Yes, the ones they use for take out food. Hinde ka ba maha-highblood nyan? San napunta 3k ko? Hay grabe. Super bwisit tong branch na to. Another thing, parang walang utak ang 2 hosts. Alam nilang 3-year old yung may birthday and the kids are also very young, yung games nila parang mga 10 steps yata kahaba ang instructions. Nag-react tuloy the parents of the kids. Bobo lang??

Lastly, Ronald McDonald decided to crash the event. OK lang sana, additional entertainment eh. Kaso he was so rude to plug his appearances in that branch ON OUR PARTY and stole the limelight by asking the guests to POSE with HIM FOR PHOTOS when my daughter was already seated in front and parang naiwan tuloy sya. I said talaga to the host and Ronald's assistant to get him out of our party
 area.

Photography: For Keeps Photography
Peso Power: P3,500 (4 hours of coverage, 40 5R prints, and DVD of edited photos)
Review:
I found out about For Keeps through GT. They have so many good reviews and their photos are so nice talaga. When I contacted them back in June, they didn't even require a deposit so mejo nagulat ako.
On the day of the party, I texted David to remind him that the party will start at 12:30PM. Lo and behold, ang alam nya pala was 2PM because I gave him the details of our pencil-booking with McDo so when I adjusted the time because we were bumped off, I forgot to inform him. I got surprised pa when I got a text from him saying that I told him the party was at 2PM. When I checked my email, that was what I told him nga. I already accepted that he will be late because it was my fault. I was super amazed when he got to the venue way BEFORE it started.

David was a joy to work with. He never stopped taking photos, he had a lot of nice ideas for poses, and he had good camaraderie with the guests. In two days time, he already had Zoe's teaser photos uploaded in his FB site and Weebly site (zoebday.weebly.com). I highly recommed For Keeps.

Cake: Swirls n Sprinkles (Nadine Abraham)
Peso Power: P2,000 for a 9" cake with 12 free cupcakes
Review:
Nadine has always been my cake supplier from Zoe's christening to birth month celebrations to birthdays. I've also recommended her to friends in and out of GT and they all had good things to say about her.

For Zoe's 3rd birthday, I decided to order just slightly bigger cake than her 1st birthday cus I wasn't planning on getting cupcakes anymore. However, Nadine gave Zoe 12 cupcakes as her birthday gift. I was super happy =). My husband and I asked Zoe what cake design she liked and since she chose Toy Story as her McDonald's party theme, she also said she wanted Toy Story for her birthday cake. HOWEVER, she changed her mind about a week before her party and said she wanted a Doc McStuffins cake instead. It's a good thing that nadine still had time to come up with a design.

Nadine delivered the cake for free, ang hilig sa free ng babaeng to, ako na nahihiya hahaha. The cake was delivered even before we got there. When Zoe saw it, she was just enamored. I think we could've gotten away with not pushing through with the party basta katabi nya lang her cake :P I gave the cupcakes to the kids after the party and we kept the cake. It was too beautiful to eat, honestly. It broke my heart when we cut a slice to give to my brother and my nephews.

Zoe's outfit: Peach dress from Gingersnaps and gold studded T-strap shoes from Marie Antoinette Baby
Peso Power: P800++ for the dress and P650 for the shoes
Review:
I tried almost all the clothes in Gingersnaps cus I was unecided on the look that I wanted for Zoe. I didn't want it to be too dressy cus it was a simple McDo party and I wanted her to be able to move around without dress constraints. I thought of a shorts ensemble, pants ensemble, several dresses, jumpsuits, the works. I finally settled on the peach dress that I've seen couple of store visits ago and sure enough, it was the winner. I also bought another top as an alternate but she didn't get to wear it anymore.

I had been wanting to buy the shoes from MABC for Zoe but kept on holding it off cus the first pair that I bought for her wasn't very comfortable and she ended up only wearing it twice. This pair however is not only very pretty but quite comfy too (according to Zoe). My only comment is that the shoes had a different hook; I thought it was like most kids' shoes that comes with a 'belt-like' strap that you can close securely. It came with that design but it wasn't made to be closed like that, you simply hook the strap to an L-shaped metal. For kids who like to jump and run, the shoes can easily unhook itself.

Photos here: zoebday.weebly.com

gian18

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #483 on: September 29, 2013, 11:44:18 pm »
I started planning my baby's party when she was 7mos old.  I asked my husband if I can go a little overboard on our usual bday party budget, and he agreed (since she's our only girl).  Here are my suppliers ratings

VENUE:  RAMON MAGSAYSAY HALL
PESO POWER:  20k

Wedding receptions and debuts are usually held here but since Manila area has limited party venues, I decided to have it here.  Max is 200pax but I only invited 120adults and 50 kids and the venue is still spacious.  My only problem was that it was that spacious that it looks super konti ng guests (not to mention meron pang mga hindi nakarating.)

CATERING/STYLIST:  PASSION COOKS CATERING INC.
PESO POWER: P125,700 
440/adult, 200/kids (food), 30k (ceiling decor), 20k (stage decor)

I was so happy when they waived the 10%SC and 12%Vat.  Super dami ng servings and of course their food is super yummy.  Some of my guests even went for 2nd round.  The styling is super ganda.  They followed everything that I requested.  Their attention to details is grabe, wala akong guest na hindi nagustuhan yung set up and food nila..

PHOTOGRAPHER:  JOSHUA DE GUZMAN PHOTOGRAPHY
PESO POWER: 12k (10% discount if you get Passion Cooks as caterer)

Since Joshua can't be there personally to handle the event (he has a wedding that time), he gave me a free family portrait (that costs 7k din).  I love how they're enthusiastic to get super daming pics.  My 2 boys kc (5 and 3yrs old) were running around parati, and they really took time to have them seated with my baby girl and get a nice pic.

VIDEOGRAPHER:  OBSCURA
PESO POWER: 7k

i got their 7k package kasi feeling ko super kulang yung 5k package since the video will run lang kung gano katagal yung song (mtv style) e yung 7k with camera angles na,etc. 

HOST:  THE JIVE by Chubi del Rosario
PESO POWER:  17k - The Jive Toddies

I got their package where they will play 6songs pero parang they sang and danced more than that.  At first, the kids were parang na shock bakit may nag sasayaw and nagssing infront, but on the second half of the program, they adjusted na.  They joined the group in dancing na din.  Yung sound system lang nila medyo hindi ganun ka audible, parang nag eecho.. They facilitated the games na din..

PHOTOBOOTH: 
PESO POWER:  P5k

I have a friend na business nya to, so sila nlang binook ko since invited din naman sila.  4hrs ata yung 5k.. Sadly, I don't have a single picture kasi I was super busy going around..

FACEPAINTING:  FACEPAINTING BY CAMILLE
PESO POWER:  2k

Had her on my 2nd son's birthday and still got her now.. Galing pa din :)

GIVEAWAYS:  Diviland

Of course, Divi is the best place to buy loots db?

LOOTBAGS:  DIY

SOUVENIER:  DIY
Toadstool pops.
Had the top marshmallow buy pa from Australia since wala dito and sa US nung parang shape ng kisses.  Then we lovingly made them nlang :)

CAKE:  DIY

Fondant was my first choice sana, but super kinulang nako sa time kaya I did buttercream nalang.

Here are some pics that I got from my guests

http://www.flickr.com/photos/103670734@N04/

hunny_ally

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #484 on: September 30, 2013, 07:35:30 pm »
Had my daughter's baptismal and first birthday party yesterday:

Cake by Swell Sweets - 10/10

As always Gel is very easy to transact with and maganda and pulido ang pagkagawa. Even one of the waiters in the resto commented that the cake was really nice.


Party Crafts by Ava - 10/10

Jen is very easy to deal with. We only communicated through text. She was kind enough to tailor a package me for considering I only have few kiddie guests. She and her other partner were very nice to assist the kids.

I also got the host from her to facilitate the games. Of course, not the same caliber as the more famous hosts in this forum, but pretty good enough considering her fee does not cost an arm and a leg. I was happy too she did story telling for the kids.



Mom and Tina's Bakery and Cafe (C5 Libis)

Food: 10/10

Everyone is still raving about the food. The rolls are so yummy. Some expat guests were raving about them. The pumpkin and bacon soup was surprisingly good. I was expecting it to be on the sweet side pero hindi naman. The chicken spinach lasagna is good as always. The cream vegetables was good too. Everyone went back for a second (some even for a third or fourth) serving of the roast beef. They had big servings and we were still able to bring a lot home.

For the desserts, we had Caramel Cake, Carrot Cake and Dulce de Leche. I find the icing of the caramel cake a tad sweet for my taste but the cake itself is very good and light. The Dulce de leche was so-so according to my husband. The carrot cake was sooo yummy.

For the kiddie meal, we had spaghetti, chicken lollies, fries, sausage roll and beehive cuppies. I tried the spaghetti and it is good.


Value for Money: 9/10

For Php 616/head I find this a little steep lalo na when I discovered after paying the full bill days before the event that the drinks are not included. Thats an additional Php 67/head.

My husband naman found the dessert/candy bar a highway robbery for Php 3.5k. I told him that it is a good price na considering we had crinkles, meringue, oatmeal cookies, gummy bears, 2 types of mallows, yogurt sticks. Told him it is more expensive with other suppliers.


Service: 7/10

for the wait-staff I'd give them a 10/10. They are very helpful and attentive. When I finally had time to eat, I discovered that the mashed potatoes need refilling. I was surprised that the waiter sent some to my table cause I sat down already after getting food

I gave them though a 7/10 because of the following:

1) The compound can be quite crowded on weekends. The guard though was kind enough to reserve 3 slots for us. But the other guests had a hard time getting one.

2) Though it is my fault that I assumed that the drinks were not included, they could have noted it in their packages and website that drinks are not included. No one even told us when we first paid reservation. In fact, we made 3 visits to the store and we were only told about it on our last visit when we paid for the balance.

3) Bawal to bring in food and that includes even giveaways. I even had to get a dessert/candy bar from them.
 
4) They charged me Php 750 for "corkage" for bringing a cake. Now this one really pissed me off. I ordered the cake before booking with them. I was told ok lang since I wont serve and it will only be for candle blowing. Then I received an email from their Operations Manager that I can only bring it out come candle blowing then i have to keep it after. If I want it displayed, take note DISPLAYED and not served, I will have to pay "corkage". I understand paying for corkage for drinks and food you'll consume in a resto, but come on, pay for just displaying it? I'm suspecting tuloy they are doing that to force people to order the cake from them. I know Php 750 is not big, but paying that much for something like this is not justifiable. So kahit masama sa loob ko, I paid for it kasi anong klaseng kids' party yun if the cake is not displayed.

Good thing their food is really good or else I would shy away from this establishment for good. One thing for sure is I won't ever ever have any events at this place. Yes I'd still come back to dine but never to have an event. 


purplezun

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #485 on: October 25, 2013, 08:04:35 am »
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 08:19:51 am by purplezun »

carxs

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #486 on: October 25, 2013, 09:46:02 am »
Here's my son's 2nd Birthday pics last Sunday. Super saya!!

DIY: Candy Buffet (gummies and candies are from Divisoria, even those jars)
       Candy Buffet balloons
       Lootbags are made of cartolina then nilagyan ko na lang ng design using the washi tapes.
       The cake I made graham lang kasi based on my experience last year hindi rin napansin ng mga kids yun cake so I made a simple cake lang, kasi the kids only focused on the candy buffet.
       
https://www.facebook.com/etted/media_set?set=a.10151751802107424.1073741850.649457423&type=3
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 09:48:24 am by carxs »

meandmyhoney

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #487 on: November 13, 2013, 04:27:33 pm »

for the meantime List of suppliers muna ibibgay ko  :D ( gerard Earnest 1st Birthday ) November 9, 2013

DIYS  ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93195388@N07/10833588893/

details :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93195388@N07/10833530113/in/photostream/

Venue: NFWC Escoda St. Ermita Manila
Caterer: Bell Catering
Photographer: For Keeps
Videographer: JV All events
Balloons: Friend ko ( balloons divi)
Cake and Cupcakes : May Duque ( sweets Creations)
Styro Backdrop and Welcome Signage : Creative Minds
Photobooh / LCD projector / Led lights / Bubble Machine : Pikmoko Photobooth ( Olan Mercado)
Foodcarts : from groupons ( Precious Foodcarts) ( Nachos , snowcone and Hotdog)
Facepainting : Friend
Souvenir : Ministool (Handicrafts)
Party Hats : Mi arte
HMU : Khite Bautista ( loyal client  ;) )
Baby outfit: coat (patahi lang 200.00 ) / onesies ( its my birthday) carters from GB / shoes SM Dept store
Mommy’s outfit : Jumpsuit ( from my online store  :) ) shoes : old sandals
Hubby’s oufit : Lacoste polo shirts / shorts from dockers
DIY’s
Invitations
Souvenir Tags
Name tags / candy bar tags
Game booth (shoots that Ball / catching games / pop up the balloons)
Candy Bar ( candies from Divi and Reese Gummy ) jars sa SM ko nabili umaabang sa SALE  ;D
Kiddie table paraphernalia
Table numbers
Registration table
Buntings
Letters
Tela ( stripes red and white / polka red ) from divi
Paper straw / candy cups / paper cups from divi lahat
Wrappers from divi
Table frames : ginamit ko na to last wedding naming ( color yellow) bumili lang ako red paint  total damage [textspeak!] nasa 150.00
Acutally naka 3 times ako pumunta sa divi para lang sa mga toys and kaarteha ko  sulit ang pagod dami naka appreciate ng mga nagawa ko  :D

 Stressful but funny ang preparation especially first baby naming mahirap talaga kapag wala coordinators  :( buti na lang I have 3 sisters na willing talaga tumulong  ;D

Side kwento : kala namin hindi matutuloy kasi dumating si Yolanda , Saturday morning gumanda naman weather  :D



kreez

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #488 on: November 26, 2013, 10:43:10 pm »
My daughter enjoyed her party immensely.  Just wanted to share our experiences with our suppliers.

Charlie's 4th Birthday Bash
17 November 2013
One Cafe Events Place, Ortigas

Venue/Catering: One Cafe Events Place - 8/10

The venue was pretty and it was even prettier after it was styled with balloons and other decors.  Weng was the one who handled our event and she was very accommodating and easy to talk to.  She was very obliging to most of my requests and gave suggestions on how to make the event better. 

The food was good, but nothing special.  We had Honey Pepper Chicken, Parmesan Crusted Pan Fried Dory, Linguini Alfredo, Chosuey and Fruit Gelato for dessert.  I found the fish to be bit dry.  The servers were polite and attentive.  Everything was in order, the only reason I gave 8/10 is that it seems the food wasn't enough, although nakakakain naman lahat.  I had a package for 75 adults and 25 children and me and my husband were one of the last ones to eat.  Pagdating ko sa buffet table wala ng pasta and chicken so I counted if we exceeded guests and I counted less pa nga yung guests namin but naubos na yung food, tapos I also counted the children, it was less than 25 pero I heard that some of the children were not given the children's meal. 

When I was settling the bill, I asked if we exceeded the number of guests and Weng even said that no we did not so I was just wondering bakit parang naubusan sila ng food.  However, everyone was able to eat but like in our case we didn't get to taste the other things in the menu na.  Good thing pala we didn't exceed the number of packs. 

Cake: Les Sucreries 9/10

As always, Ms Vhe did not disappoint.  Everyone loved the cake.  Pulido ang pagkagawa.  Medyo humihinto lang yung rotating topper, buti nalang naayos nung isa sa mga waiters.  And unlike the other cakes that I ordered from her na unique, this cake was already done for a previous client na. 

Styling/Decors: Mr Balloonatix 10/10

The place looked so pretty.  My hubby was very happy and he was even saying that he is not sure whether he liked Mr. Balloonatix styling vs our daughter's first to think that I only paid a small fraction to this crew.  It was also super hassle free, since I didn't have a coordinator, I dropped by the venue to check and at 11 am (the party was at 2:30) they were almost done setting up.  It was also a breeze talking to them, they delivered much more than what I expected.  Highly recommend them. 

Photographer/Videographer: For Keeps 11/10

I was actually swayed on getting for keeps because of the very nice reviews that they have here in GT and I have nothing but high praises for this team.  They are so dedicated, ang dali nilang kausap, walang hassle.  They were so early in the venue and they took photos and videos non stop.  I even asked them to take a break to eat first but they didn't stop.  What I super love about them is their consideration for their clients.  I told them that we'll be leaving on the Friday after the event and I told them that I understand that we won't be able to get the outputs before then so we'll just have them delivered.  But they were so nice and Jet delivered the photos (including the photobook) and the video right in time for our flight.  And when I was looking at the output hindi mo naman pwede sabihin na minadali coz the shots were great and the photobook was very pretty. 

I'm sure this team will go a long way if they will not change their dedication to their craft.  I have hired more expensive photo and video teams but I didn't get the kind of service that they have given me.  Highly recommended talaga sila!

Entertainment/Host: Flooch 9/10

He's really good at what he does, fluent in English, hindi pilit.  He was able to capture the attention of both the kids and the adults.  Kaya lang parang ang ikli ng magic show nya parang super sandali lang pati yung ventri nya parang ang bilis, well comparing to the one who hosted my daughter's other parties.  Pero lahat naman natuwa sa kanya.  At saka pala the other reason why I gave him a 9 instead of a 10 is because while he was fixing his things dahil tapos na yung show he was still inside the venue tapos nagsmoke na sya (hindi ko nga alam na pwede pala magsmoke dun), it was more of a personal preference.  I know tapos na naman yung show but still the kids are still there and it would have been nicer kung he waited nalang na makalabas naman sya ng venue before he lit up. 

Kiddie Saloon: Art N Faces 10/10

Super sulit.  My daughter loved going to the kiddie saloon.  Ang galing din ng ayos nila sa hair ng mga kids.  Balik sya ng balik dito tapos all the guests including the adults talagang nag enjoy.  I would really get them again for our next event.  Nako nahiya pa nga ako kasi I was supposed to give the artist some tip kasi talagang natuwa ako sa kanila kaya lang I was only holding the envelopes na bilang na and appropriated na for the outstanding balances for suppliers so I went to get money pero pagbalik ko umalis na sila.... I feel bad tuloy. 

Photobooth: JASM Printing 10/10

Great value for money.  Easy to talk to and the guests enjoyed them.  The quality of the prints were also good, marami din silang props and they gave the CD of all the pictures right after the event.  One thing I've noticed though, parang hindi na masyodong napapansin ang photobooth ngayon, not like before na pinipilihan talaga, now parang hindi lahat nagpapapicture sa photobooth. 

Candy Buffet: The Chocolate Addict 10/10

I got them through GT then and it was a blessing in disguise that all my choices for candy buffet were already booked.  Greize was very easy to talk to, she even catered to my requests tapos yummy yung mga treats na nasa candy/dessert buffet table.  Cute din ng set up, one of my guests even said,  "ang bongga naman ng candy buffet".  They were early din sa venue and wala din akong hassle which really helped specially wala akong party planner so I really appreciate these hassle free  suppliers.  Pinilahan talaga ang candy/dessert buffet pero at the end of the party meron pang left overs na binigay sa amin.  Great experience and another treasure found through GT.


Food Carts: Precious Party Needs 10/10

I got them through Ensogo and at first I was a bit doubtful.  But my doubts were completely unfounded.  They were early in the venue, nakaset up na agad sila.  Nice din yung set up nila, very efficient and professional yung servers nila.  great value for money.

Giveaways/Prizes/Lootbags: Divi/ToysRus/Toy Kingdom

Nothing beats divi talaga when it comes to giving value for your buck.  Toys r Us and Toy Kingdom are also great sources for your lootbags and prizes. 

Some Pics:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.553792588036971.1073741939.359706234112275&type=1

jov18

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #489 on: January 22, 2014, 10:26:59 am »
Hi Mommies,
 
Sharing / long read - Our bunso celebrated his 1st birthday last Sat, Jan 18 at Papa John's in Annapolis Greenhills. We had about 110 guests (80 adults 30kids), and spent P38,625 for the party. Initially, we wanted Shakey's Galleria, where our twins had their 1st bdays, but they are super strict now. Since we were working with a small budget, i searched online and was lucky to have found Papa John's.
 
VENUE and FOOD: Papa John's, Annapolis Greenhills / Look for Andy - 7222612
PESO POWER: P26,000 - 9 sets of Championship Meal which includes 3 pizza, 4 pasta, 12 pcs chicken drumettes, onion rings, and 12pcs softdrinks, arranged Buffet-style. We also ordered food during prep time. At the end of the party, we were able to take home 2 boxes of pizza.
RATING: 8 - We occupied their entire 2nd floor, which was well air-conditioned. They were very accommodating to all my requests, like having table linens, reserved parking space infront of resto, balloon colors, etc. They also waived the extension fee since there was no party after us. We brought in ice cream, BBQ, hotdogs, cake and gelatin cups with No corkage fee. This sealed the deal for me. We also added food on the day of the party and they were able to serve immediately. The reason I scored 8 is because their softdrink dispenser broke down so serving of softdrinks was slow. Over-all, we were happy with the staff and service of Papa John's.
PHOTO: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=653521564711325&set=a.653487494714732.1073741839.100001604622552&type=3&theater
 
PARTY AMENITIES: Papa John's, Annapolis Greenhills / Look for Andy - 7222612
PESO POWER: P5,000 -  mascot appearance, host, sound system, 30pcs invitations, 30pcs lootbags with activity book and crayons, placemats, name tags, thank you cards, standees for the stage, balloon cake arch, 2 pillar balloons for the stage, 50pcs stick balloons, ceiling balloons, and birthday gift (choose either bike or kiddie laptop). They also gave tumblers and discount cards during the party. We were not required to avail their party amenities but I did some computations and i think P5k is reasonable price for everything included in the package.
RATING: 9 - We all know how much venue decors cost these days so I was really happy to see standees and many balloons during our party. I think the over-all decor looked great. We chose the bike as birthday gift and we think its a really nice gift. The reason I scored 9 is because the mascot's dance performance was short and simple.
PHOTO: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=654372814626200&set=a.653487494714732.1073741839.100001604622552&type=3&theater
 
PARTY HOST and MAGICIAN: Dale Rubio - 09323878780
PESO POWER: P3,000 - Hosting for entire event and 30mins kiddie magic
RATING: 9 - I was looking for an affordable magician. Dale was referred to me by my officemates. He came early and made a few magic tricks with the kids who also came early. He speaks English well and had no green, cheap jokes. He facilitated 4 games. His magic was interactive style and it appealed to the kids. Our party lasted 3 hours, and he was full of energy from start to finish.
PHOTO: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=653649181365230&set=a.653487494714732.1073741839.100001604622552&type=3&theater
 
CAKE and CUPCAKES - Tous Les Jours (cake) and local bakery (cupcakes)
PESO POWER: P1,435
RATING: 10 - Bought a 3-layer white cupcake tower kit from RM Boxes, P220. Bought Cutie Bear from TLJ Megamall, P598. Ordered 35pcs cupcakes with marshmallow icing and candy sprinkles from our local bakery, Sola Gratia in Brookside at P14 each. Bought 3 sets of cupcake toppers from Anding's in Divi at P30 for 12pcs.
PHOTO: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=653487378048077&set=a.653487494714732.1073741839.100001604622552&type=3&theater
 
PINATA and CANDIES: Divisoria and SM Supermarket
PESO POWER: P840
RATING: 10 - I bought the pinata from Divisoria outside 801 store Tabora for P140. For the candies, I got them from SM supermarket -flat tops, potchi, judge, ben ten cola candies, hello kitty jelly, marshmallows, goya gold coins and lollipops, P700. I added small pieces of crepe paper inside and long crepe paper outside the pinata. During the pinata activity, we tossed coins on the floor.
PHOTO: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=653499711380177&set=a.653487494714732.1073741839.100001604622552&type=3&theater
 
GAME PRIZES: Divisoria and Vente Starmall
PESO POWER: P880
RATING: 10 - Bought 15pcs assorted toys from Vente store in Starmall at P20 each -stencil, toy cars, toy helicopter, toy cellphone with battery, jumping frog, etc. In Divisoria, I bought kiddie wallet which we placed inside the lootbag -P100 for 12pcs. I also bought 25 assorted toy items, at P9 each (originally P10 but i made tawad) -lego-like planes, lego-like motorcycle, stationery set, etc. I also bought a dancing minion toy with battery, P200, as grand prize for one of the games.
PHOTO: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=653488758047939&set=a.653487494714732.1073741839.100001604622552&type=3&theater
 
ADDITIONAL FOOD: BBQ, hotdogs, Nestle ice cream cart, gelatin cups
PESO POWER: P1,370
RATING: 10 - 150pcs pork BBQ which we ordered from our village, P1,500. 60pcs hotdog on stick with marshmallow which we cooked at home, P370. Papa John's lent us chaffing dishes so we can put them on the buffet table. For the ice cream cart, I ordered from Nestle via https://icecreamparty.ph/ -150pcs assorted twin popsies, kimy and drumstick. This was sponsored by my mom, P3000. My MIL sponsored 150pcs gelatin cups.
PHOTO: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=653496931380455&set=a.653487494714732.1073741839.100001604622552&type=3&theater
 
WELCOME BANNER:
PESO POWER: P100
RATING: 10 - I had my friend do the layout and I had it printed in Safe Signs in Shaw MRT for P100, size 2x3. It was perfect for the entrance door.
PHOTO: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=653487461381402&set=a.653487494714732.1073741839.100001604622552&type=3&theater
 
Breakdown:
Food and drinks - P26,000 (for 110 guests)
Party amenities - P5,000
Host/magician - P3,000
Cake w/ cupcakes - P1,435
Pinata w/ candies - P840
Game prizes - P880
Additional food - P1,370
Welcome banner - P100
TOTAL: P38,625

funky f

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #490 on: January 23, 2014, 12:40:52 am »
My turn to share.  So after 6 months of planning (8 months if you count researching on the internet and inquiring), here's my kwento :) warning: long read.

My third daughter's 1st bday party:

Venue: The Columns, P5k rental.
Ok naman this venue kasi, considering how it looks, very affordable na conpared to others.  Mahiap lang ang parking and kailangan ng sponsor.  But still, happy ako to find this venue since ok location, ok rent and the function room looks clean and maliwanag.  Maluwag din sila in terms of special requests like early set up, etc.

Caterer: Queensland.
Total of almost P28k for 80 adults and 30 kids.  Sobrang value for money talaga.  Medyo matagal lang magreply sa email and texts yung AE that was assigned to me pero ok na din kasi they delivered naman.  Yummy the food and ang daming sumobra considering mga 90% attendance naman ng guests ko.  All the suppliers plus the housekeeping of the venue were able to eat plus marami pa kami natake home.

Cake: The Pastry Garden, 2.5k for a 3 layer cake na 2 layers styro, 1 layer cake.  Ang galing ni Ruby!  Binigay ko lang peg ko sa cake and super nakopya nya.  Super mura, super dali din kausap.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152148212797235&set=pb.690852234.-2207520000.1390442324.&type=3&theater

Dessert Buffet: Sweet Creations, 3.5k package plus addtl 1.5k for Ferrero Cupcakes, Snickers Cupcakes and Oreo stuffed cookies.  Yummy also and very pretty.  Maliit lang nga yung table naprovide sa min kaya medyo siksikan the desserts pero super hit pa rin.  Tuwa din ako kasi May knows her clients too well, alam na nya na super busy ang mom and dad entertaining para kumain kaya may sinet aside na sya agad for us para itake home.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152140033666620&set=a.10152140030881620.1073741849.647896619&type=3&theater

Food cart, game booth and inflatable: Precious Foodcarts, 3.5k.  Super sulit. Yung inflatable was super hit sa mga kids.  Ang dali din kausap ni Dianne, the owner.  She gave me the Ensogo price kahit wala na sa Ensogo yung foodcart nya.  Super cheap yung 3.5k for those 3.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152140065411620&set=a.10152140030881620.1073741849.647896619&type=3&theater

Host: Kuya Mau.  We wanted to try a different host sana since we got Kuya Mau na before pero since nag enjoy guests namin sa kanya before, sya na rin kinuha namin.  Sadly, hindi ko talaga napanood program coz super busy ako table hopping.  But naririnig ko naman ma super tawa kids kaya OK na rin.  I asked my other kids din and they said they enjoyed the show esp. The puppet show daw.

P&V: JV all Events.  Eto super thank you ako kay sis ceejhei.  I initially bought thinkart voucher but after hearing they've temporarily ceased their operations and all yhe negative feedback, I panicked and cancelled and asked for refund.  Buti na lang,
JV was able to accommodate me pa kahit late na ko nagbook sa kanila.  Sis ceejhei offered pa to give their 2013 rates kaso dyahe, hehe...

Balloon decors and styro backdrop: Daniela's, 8k.  This supplier nahanap ko lang sa sulit before for my daughter's binyag and since affordable packages nya and very easy to transact with, sila na rin kinuha ko.  Gusto ko sana si Mr. Balloonatix kaso booked na sya when I inquired pero happy and satisfied naman din ako kay Daniela :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152140036276620&set=a.10152140030881620.1073741849.647896619&type=3&theater

Giveaways: Handicrafts' minibasket.  Very cute and value for money also. Natuwa din guests ko.  Madali din kausap and delivered on time :)

Invites, personalized coloring books and centerpieces: Fabrint Creations.  Super value for money din.  Actually, feeling ko she sould price her items higher pa kasi they're really cute.  The invites were so intricate pero p30/pc lang charge nya.  Medyo hassle lang kasi she's from calamba and dun lang meet ups nya.  Some of her items are bulky and either di pwede iship or mahal iship.  Luckily, I have a friend from Los Banos kaya napakisuyo ko sa kanya.

https://www.facebook.com/events/196199127235890/

Prizes: Market Market.  Range is 18-25.00.  Tumblers, bubbles, accessories kits, etc.

Baby's outfit: Baby Fashionista

Headband and Shoes: on line store lang

Total expense: 72k.

Akala ng mga guests, sobrang ginastusan ko party but di nila alam, masipag lang ako maghanap ng value for money, hehe. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:07:35 am by funky f »

nhalie

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #491 on: January 23, 2014, 02:28:32 pm »
Hi Funky F.... May contact number ka ba sa The Columns??

funky f

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #492 on: January 23, 2014, 05:21:05 pm »
909-0015.  You need to have a sponsor, though.

nhalie

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #493 on: January 24, 2014, 12:09:31 pm »
I already tried to call them unfortunately they are not allowing "outsiders". If maybe someone can help fine a sponsor for "The Columns" please.....

pink_love1989

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #494 on: January 24, 2014, 12:29:27 pm »
Hi Mam's , can you recommend balloonist? Yung mura lang..
thanks in advance!

ceejhei

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #495 on: January 24, 2014, 03:48:46 pm »
^congrats sa party sis funky f kasabayan ko siya sa party planning and we share almost the same supplier. ill make kuwento also after my event tomorrow.

sis yung pics mo finollow up ko na. received na din the flashback photos of callah. :)

and nahati mo na ba yung cake? super ganda. excited na din ako sa cake ko.

odhaderamos

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #496 on: January 24, 2014, 08:22:39 pm »
Hi girls,

This is my first ever post here.  Although in the past I have been quite a lurker.  I only got to know about girl talk because of google.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you my suppliers (and some kwento) and photos from my daughter's recent 7th birthday party.

My suppliers are mostly through my party planner, Yan-ple, and I am very happy with everything.

Party Planner: Yan-ple
Styro backdrop and balloon decorations:  Yan-ple
Lights and sounds (including the led dance floor): c/o Yan-ple
Venue:  Oasis Manila (Orchard venue)
My daughter's dresses:  Baby Fashionistas
Photo:  Ging Lorenzo
Video:  c/o Yan-ple
Caterer:  Hizon's
Cake:  Kitchenkrafts c/o Yan-ple
Host:  Madz of Jive  c/o Yan-ple
Entertainment: Balloon Show by Jiggles the Balloon Lady, Jive Show, Magic and Ventriloquism by Lou Hilario c/o Yan-ple
Side Entertainment: Kiddie Salon (c/o Yan-ple), Face Painting (c/o Yan-ple), and Photobooth by Piktography
Food carts:  Starbucks, Potato Corner, Tender Juicy Hotdog, and Dirty Ice Cream (all c/o Yan-ple)
Prizes and tokens:  Divisoria

I was very happy with everything.

Here are some photos:  https://www.facebook.com/odha.lahaylahayderamos/media_set?set=a.10202710586355008.1073741829.1509527900&type=3

funky f

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #497 on: January 25, 2014, 12:20:56 am »
Sis ceejhei, havent sliced the cake up to now.  Bukas siguro, we'll eat it na, haha!

princess lorraine

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #498 on: January 25, 2014, 05:37:47 am »
^^nice party sis! Sis, may i ask kung how much ang rent sa oasis? Thanks  :)

odhaderamos

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #499 on: January 25, 2014, 06:50:33 am »
^^nice party sis! Sis, may i ask kung how much ang rent sa oasis? Thanks  :)

Thanks!  Not sure kung venue lang eh... I got their package kasi (venue + catering).  For my chosen venue (Orchard), the package is Php114,800.  On top of that, nag-add kami ng 2k for the use of the bridal suite for the preparations, 4.5k electricity charge because we had a led dance floor, and 2k for electricity charges for the food carts using electricity.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:13:55 am by odhaderamos »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close