watch now

Author Topic: Birthday Stories and Photos II  (Read 278078 times)

UCLA--CCP/ACP

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #400 on: February 04, 2013, 09:36:30 pm »
finally, done with my son's 7th birthday party last 1/27. will post some pics & ratings later :)

jp_jameop

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #401 on: February 05, 2013, 09:21:36 am »
^congrats sis. :)

m@m@

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #402 on: February 05, 2013, 02:12:42 pm »
^congrats sis jp_jameop .. all the hardworks in preparation had been paid off... sulit ang pagod di ba :)

jp_jameop

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #403 on: February 05, 2013, 04:51:04 pm »
^ tnx sis! :) sa uulitin! tee hee!

jp_jameop

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #404 on: February 06, 2013, 08:58:08 am »
^congrats! paid off ang pagod at gastos. tee hee!

kaice

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #405 on: February 11, 2013, 02:52:32 pm »
chrislovestintin - i hope you are well... the batgirl birthday was really great :) kasi we were there haha!

jp_jameop - clap clap!!!

izabelle  -thanks for the rating :) next week, ako na ang mag supplier's rating :)

jp_jameop

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #406 on: February 12, 2013, 08:41:49 am »
^wow next weekend na pala si baby kate! goodluck! :) for sure ok na ok yan.. :)

jp_jameop

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #407 on: February 19, 2013, 09:09:07 am »
^bon joker rate - 5.5k -09282391997

lhen peralta - di ko sure how much sya ngayon - 09153447502

chiclifestyle07

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #408 on: February 26, 2013, 03:26:06 pm »
Hi Mommies! I got almost all of my suppliers here in GT kaya super thank you talaga!! Here's my suppliers rating:

Venue: Celadon Park Condominium - 8

The place was nice, bago pa kasi. But the airconditioning was ok lang. Hindi naman mainit pero hindi din malamig. Medyo kulang lang din ng signage yong place and no parking for the guests. They have to park pa in SM San Lazaro pero malapit lang naman.

Caterer: Passion Cooks - 10+++

Very generous servings and food was yummy including the desserts. Waiters were very nice and maasikaso.

Event Stylist:  :(

I don't know if I should disclose the name of the stylist pero eto lang ang bagsak sa akin. Me and my hubby felt like hindi worth it yong styling. Maganda naman siya pero parang kulang. I booked them few months before the event. Pero parang 2 weeks or a week before the event lang sila nagocular. With the amount that I paid them, I thought mapapa-wow na ako sa styling. I didn't realize na wala pa palang ceiling decors until I saw the place. They sent me a contract pero I didn't notice na hindi kasama ang ceiling decors kasi it's my 1st time to plan an event on my own. Hindi rin naman sila nagsuggest kung ano sa tingin nila ang kulang or mas makakaganda sa event. Since they are the event stylist, I beleive na dapat marunong sila magsuggest kung ano mas ok or ano dapat idagdag etc.

Maganda naman yong details ng styling pero kulang na kulang para sa amin ni hubby. When we arrived at the venue an hour before the event, sabi sa akin ni hubby "Eto na ba yon or may gagawin pa sila?" And I think nakulangan din yong guests. One of sisters nga even asked me "Hindi ka na nagpa-style?"

Originally, dapat may balloons ako. I informed them na nakapagbook ako ng balloons before I booked them. I asked them if they needed the balloons or if they can use them for additional styling kasi iniisip ko baka naman maging over decorated. Sabi nila, pwede naman gamitin pero individual balloons lang dapat. So pagkakaintindi ko parang hindi na ganon ka kailangan so I cancelled the balloons nalang and decided to give them as a gift to my sister who will also be celebrating her daughter's bday party on April.

Nagsisisi tuloy ako na I cancelled the balloons. If I only knew na walang ceiling decors and the venue would look so bare, sana pinadagdag ko na yong balloons as ceiling decors. The venue looked so plain. The stage backdrop was ok. I mean, maganda naman yong backdrop.

I paid 41,500 for the styling and it only included the stage backdrop, dessert table with 5 local candies, 18 rented centerpieces, linens for the guests table, kiddie tables, treats and prizes tables. Yong linens na ginamit nila for the tables yong nasa gitna lang kasi the my caterer provided the white linens naman to cover the tables.

Maganda naman sana ang service ng staffs nila who were there during the event pero it was just wasn't worth it. Wow lang sa picture pero sa actual, the place looked so bare talaga.

Photo/Video: Shuttercount - 10+++

We were very satisfied with the service. Maaga sila dumating and they were all nice din. I don't have the photo/video yet pero I believe na magiging maganda ang outcome bcoz of all the feedbacks here in GT.

Host/Magician: Mr. Alex Lagula - 10+++

He's very good. Enjoy naman yong kids and adults. All the guests were laughing when he asked the daddies to dance gangnam!  :)

Food Carts:

Sweet Services - 10+++


I got 250 servings of FIC and 200 servings of Nachos. The guests loved it especially the ice cream. Masarap talaga!!

Ton of Fun - 10+++

Got 220 servings of Hotdog and 2 Game Booths. Ok din ang service. Staffs were nice.

Cakes:

Yummy Piece of Cake - 10+++


I ordered 40 pcs. Cake Pops and 40 pcs. Oreo Pops. Wasn't able to try them kasi naubos agad. But Ms. Yumi was very accomodating.

Bella Cupcakes Manila - 7

I ordered 100 pcs. Baby Cupcakes pero hindi nasarapan yong guests. I have around 20-30 pcs. left na naiuwi ko and when I tried it, hindi rin ako nasarapan.

Loot Bags and Prizes: Divi - 10+++

I used 25 red eco bags and 25 blue eco bags. Inside the bags were beach pail and sand set, coloring book with stickers, cotton candy, glow stick bracelet, jackstone for girls and lego toys for boys, rubiks cube keychain.

Naghanda din ako ng 250 prizes for the games and game booths.

Party Outfit: Since theme was nautical, I just bought a sailor costume from multiply. Mine was just a plain blue dress from Mango and for hubby's naman, just a plain blue polo shirt from F&H.

Overall, perfect na sana but i'm not satisfied just because of the styling.  >:(
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:37:12 pm by chiclifestyle07 »

UCLA--CCP/ACP

  • Guest

jp_jameop

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #410 on: February 27, 2013, 09:34:28 am »
^^sis puwede mo naman idisclose [textspeak!] stylist mo para ma-warn na din [textspeak!] mga kukuha sa knaya di ba? if ok lang sayo. pero if di ka comfortable, ok alng din. :)

anyway congrats!! :) for sure super yummy ng food nyo. :)

chiclifestyle07

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #411 on: February 27, 2013, 10:50:07 am »
yes sis, super yummy ng food ni passion cooks!  :) enjoy naman yong guests sa food and kay mr. alex lagula. sayang! perfect na sana for me kung naging ok lang yong styling. nakakafrustrate!

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #412 on: February 27, 2013, 03:16:49 pm »
Here are my ratings for my daughter's first birthday.

Stylist: Spark + Twinkle - 9/10
I didn't give her a perfect 10 as during the planning process she was a little difficult to get in touch with during the planning, but she exceeded my expectations! I was so nervous driving up to the clubhouse but as soon as I got to see inside, my heart melted. I loved it!! Kathleen was still there when I arrived so I got to meet her. She had 2 staff remain during the party to help me get our the additional favors and lootbags. I had a little fiasco where hubby's relative also got her as a stylist and our theme was very similar! Luckily Kathleen agreed to change my decor up a bit so it wouldn't be obviously similar.

Venu: Valle Verde 4 Clubhouse - 8/10
The venue fit our shabby chic theme and budget was just right so I went ahead. The admin guy is a very unpleasant man to work with AND the venue was a little warm as the air conditioning wasn't enough. I had to close the doors leading outside to keep the venue cooler.

Photog: Ging Lorenzo - rating to follow
Photos to be released in 2 weeks,though she was at the church before us and went around to take photos. She was nice naman, but again, truth will be in the photos!

Caterer: Bistro 109 - 10/10
The food was amazing!!! All the guests raved about the food!! Even my aunts and in laws liked the food and they don't like any non-Chinese food! Everyone kept asking me for the caterer, luckily she was my guest too so I introduced her to everyone. So easy to work with and they decorated the tables and buffet beautifully. We had a ton of leftovers that the lingering guests were happy to take home. Food worth getting - fish crusted parmesan and maple crusted pork with apples!

Dress: Ryan Madamba - 10/10
Everyone kept wanting to touch my daugher's dress. She looked like a cupcake or a little walking cotton candy ball. I gave him full reign of the dress design and we are so happy with the outcome! Sayang the venue was hot so we had to change her halfway thru the party

Here are some guest photos:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151326023403543.456826.749193542&type=1&l=dbe642dc69

aleng_maganda

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #413 on: February 28, 2013, 12:10:23 am »
Sharing some pictures of party details of my son last december.

  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151247019323527.458177.726548526&type=1&l=de7bbe01b5

twelve5

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #414 on: February 28, 2013, 07:57:08 am »
i enjoy reading this thread. so helpful talaga.  :)

kriseeee,  i super like your party decors! sana girl nalang nephew ko so we can have cute parties like that. hehe... may i know where you got the stuffed owls? i want one for myself.  ;D

UCLA,  cant view your pix. i dunno if its just me.

chiclifestyle,  that sucks. minsan talaga miscommunication happens no matter how thorough you are. but im sure your guests enjoyed the party naman, and the bare ceiling will be forgotten.


khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #415 on: February 28, 2013, 09:59:39 pm »
^thank you sis! my sister was the one who made the owl dolls - they're keychains and were part of the giveaways to our guests :)

twelve5

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #416 on: March 01, 2013, 12:49:01 am »
^ wow! lucky guests!!...  your sister is crafty. i wish i had magical hands like her... your party has renewed my liking for owls. im wasting my time on etsy again.  : ;D

thanks.  :)

chiclifestyle07

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #417 on: March 01, 2013, 09:31:25 am »
This is the styling that I got for 41,500.  >:(
http://theglamourcollection.multiply.com/photos/album/203/Nautical-Party

Do you think it was worth it?

khriseeee

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #418 on: March 01, 2013, 11:00:38 am »
Saw the photos - although the party was nice, I agree, kulang. for 41K I expected something more.

jojo19

  • Guest
Re: Birthday Stories and Photos II
« Reply #419 on: March 01, 2013, 11:48:37 am »
@ sis chiclifestyle07, yup. for me, kulang din. buti na lang the venue was nice. at least, kahit na bare, mukha pa din malinis. pag medyo oldie na kasi yung venue, ang sagwa tignan e

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close