as promised, mommies. here's the kwento/supplier reviews:
PHOTOS:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150634081964750.443862.658159749&type=1First Birthday Party - Minnie Mouse Theme
Color/Design Motif: Pink, White, Black, Red - Polka Dots and Zebra stripes
Venue: Filinvest 2 Clubhouse- a given because we're residents, taking advantage of the special/homeowner rates
- glass windows/doors --- natural daylight
- newly renovated --- cool aircon, clean amenities
Decor: Pops & Petals by Rose Ang Ngo Ching- I consider myself a suki of Rose because I have availed her services before in behalf of a friend who asked me to organize the party of her daughters, hindi ako napapahiya sa friend ko everytime I get the services of Rose, kaya alam ko na magaling talaga sya

- For my baby's party, ayaw ko sana ng too much balloons (I feel sad and nanghihinayang kasi when it's time na to pop the balloons -- economy and ecology wise -- not really practical. Aside from that, i saw some minnie mouse-themed parties from US-based blogs wherein they use pompoms, lanterns, and the likes instead of balloons! I immediately fell inlove with those decors.
I contacted a number of decor suppliers and asked them to quote me for my venue and to personalize a decor theme for me, what I got kasi na quotes were usually the parang template na -- like Styro backdrop sa front, balloon sa ceiling, etc etc..some can't even get the idea I have in mind na MINNIE MOUSE ang bida sa theme..not Minnie and Mickey, and definitely not Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! Si Rose lang ang naka-gets sa gusto ko, or baka sya lang ang willing na i-execute ang idea ko! And I am sho happy she is =)
- Since naging client nya na ko before, di na ko nahirapan makipag usap sa kanya, lalo na sa payment, and other requests, sa email lang kami nagcommunicate, we only talked sa phone 2 days before the event to finalize details and instructions.
- I really loved the venue decor, it was really how I was imagining it to be (and more!), I texted her the following day because I can't stop admiring the photos of the event, and she said she enjoyed doing my party because it's a little bit different from the set-ups they normally do =) She told me to congratulate myself also for a well-thought of and well-planned party (aww touched ako hehe)
Host: Jen Belen- my panganay requested for a female host, so I gathered the reviews for female hosts around (as early as April last year, I think).
And that is how I discovered the very talented, very entertaining, very professional and organized Jen Belen. And we (my daughter and I) also loved the idea that she wears themed costume!
- during the party, while I was table hopping to make chika-chika with the guests, almost everyone I talked to asked where I discovered her, super galing daw and they ask me how much, super sulit daw the price I got her for!
Even my father was all praises for her, he even approached Jen after the program to compliment her and say that she must be doing what she does because it's her passion, coz it shows- when a person is doing something she's pasionate for, that person really shines!
My husband (who, normally scrutinizes the cost of the suppliers i got no matter how nice the item is, he still always has someting to say against), but he told me MANY times that Jen Belen is magaling and worth the price

- needless to say, her games are great! she's good with kids, the kids were very attentive to her (even the adults), and her show too was very entertaining! She sings, dance, all-around performer talaga! her magic show is not the usual magic show I see from parties we've attended.
I love it also that her games and show are educational and with a theatrical feel

Cake: Gervy Santos of Gervy's Amazing Cakes- I am a loyal client of Tita Gervy, since the baptism of my panganay 5 years ago!
- With her I don't have to particularly say what design i want, basta sinasabi ko lang yung theme and color, or show a photo for her inspiration, and I always say "bahala na po kayo tita" - because I trust that her cake design will turn out beuatiful! And she never fails me

- Sure, there are other bakers na super magagaling na din ang design, I checked a lot of other websites before contacting her, but why do I always end up going back to her? Aside from the super duper (seriously, as in!) yummy cakes with fillings, she is so nice and gives me freebies, ang sarap nya talagang maging "Tita Gervy"

- for this event, I requested for Cappuccino Butter Cake (see..pangalan pa lang yummy na!) with Vanilla Cream and Mocha Kalua fillings (argh...now I'm craving!!!)
- I also ordered cake bars assorted flavors (dark choco, white choco, choco marble, cappuccino, and lemon butter) -- medyo yung character topper lang (made of choco mould) hindi kamukha ni Minnie hehe...pero keber!! pati ang topper super sarap (sabi ng mga guests ha!), kaya simot!
Costumes: Myra Centeno- I saw her costume creations before because I have a friend na ginawan nya ng costume before, and I just thought of checking her shop one day (as re-affirmed na din by my friend, sabi nya magaling daw talaga gumawa ng gowns/costumes)
- so I checked out our friendly neighborhood in Kamuning Market, showed the design that I want for my 2 girls =)
- got a lot of praises on the costumes also! Well, totoo naman super cute and I love how fluffy and flowy the skirts are!!
Caterer: Verleo- provided the adult and kid buffet and choco fountain
- My family had experience already of availing the catering service of Verleo, all feedbacks were good naman, aside from masarap, super dami pa ng food nila, hindi tinitipid -- to think na hindi ito managed buffet, self-served sya and guests can get as they please

- A friend of mine couldn't stop raving about the Lasagna, so tinikman ko, and yun na...ilang araw ko yatang pinapapak ang lasagna nila after the party! super creamy and sarap nga!
- I also liked their boneless chicken teriyaki, pero wala na yatang natira nun kaya di ko napapak after-party

- my only reklamo (slight lang naman) sa kanila are some of my insturctions wren't followed, like the no-napkin sa baso (ayoko ng ganung table setup!), yung flower centerpiece mababa lang dapat, pero okay din naman kahit mataas. Another reklamo ay yung mga waiter nanunuod din ng program!! Kitang kita sa photos na nag-eenjoy sila...hayy..oh well, si Jen Belen kasi eh. LOL
Foodcarts: availed through Pops & Petals- okay lang, di ko na-tikman at naramdaman, hehe di kasi ako lumabas, mabilis din sila nagpack-up hehe, but I'm hoping nasulit naman
Lechon: Elars- Do i still need to review Elars? hehe, suki na ang pamilya ko dito.
Photographer: Photo Treats (hubby and wife tandem, Adlin & Joel)- Admittedly, I implusively booked Photo Treats out of frustration from a photog na kukunin ko dapat which I won't name anymore, na-stress lang naman kasi ako sa pakikipag usap sa photog na yun kasi everytime I communicate with him/her/it re; my event he/she/it always asked me "Who you?" hehe well not exactly WHO YOU pero gets nyo na, nakakastress ang paulit ulit na pagpapakilala diba

- Photo Treats was referred to me by my sis in law, ka-officemate nya si Joel and also, photo booth provider and prenup photog nya nung wedding nya, maybe because I haven't read feedbacks from elsewhere about Photo Treats kaya hindi sila yung first choice ko.
- But I am soooo glad that I booked them! Ang bilis at ang ayos ng pag-uusap namin ni Adlin! And the shots are sooo nice! They really captured everything that tells a story about the party! I am so satisfied with their photography!
- The teasers are posted immediately the following day (sunday), and the cd with the photos are delivered to me tuesday! super fast and super great service!
Photobooth: Smile Factory- Photobooth is one of the suppliers I booked early (August pa lang of last year) so I got a really good deal with Smile Factory before they had price increased for their new touch-screen technology.
And I am so happy I did booked them early, kasi ang ganda talaga ng touchscreen techonology that they offer! Guests can choose from 4 layouts kung ano gusto nila, fast din yung system, hindi nagha-hang or whatsoever hehe --yun kasi unang concern ko na baka magtagal ang queu because of the layout options, pero di naman pala
- And they are true to what they claim, they have clean props, maayos and new! Even their booth (box) and the step stools and other tools/equipment are clean and organized!
- We just had a little problem with the promised freebie na 30-minute extension, may miscommunication siguro kaya hindi na yun naibigay sa akin, sayang lang kasi 73 photos lang ang prints ko, I think my guests and family could have more pictures than that if they stayed longer

but nevertheless, we enjoyed having Smile Factory photobooth!
Videographer: John Aguas- wala pa, hindi ko pa nakukuha hehe..within 1 month pa daw. So I'll just give feedback when the vide's with me na.
Welcome Give-aways: Minnie and Mickey headband - 168 Mall, Divisoria
Prizes/Lootbag contents: Divisoria, Waltermart, Ebay
DIY's:Minnie Mouse head table centerpiece - made of styro (with the help of my brother and hubby)
Invitation and save-the-date - layout by me
Nametags - layout by me, cut by hubby
Lootbags - Polka dot fabric (pink-white and red-white) sewn by MIL, tags by me
1-12 months Photo gallery - by my brother and me