watch now

Author Topic: Mineral Makeup Thread 32  (Read 91353 times)

Piccos_Girl

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2011, 05:14:53 pm »
Recently bought makeup from Pur Minerals and so far, I'm loving it! I got their starter kit which includes foundation, blush, bronzer, and a flat top kabuki brush. I love that they're all in pressed form!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 06:00:45 am by Piccos_Girl »

asongforyou

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2011, 05:21:48 pm »
I love Pur Minerals, too. The bronzer is really good but the flat top Kabuki is a bit scratchy. Still, the starter kit is worth it (I have the one in Tan). The blush is the only blush that looks good on me (I'm a bronzer girl because I normally look "dirty" when I wear blush). :)

inakisgurl

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2011, 02:21:07 am »
How much PUR minerals sis? diba meron sila sa rustans?

sis herroyalbleakness, sent you PM.

san po ba may reseller ng JOPPA and Pure Ananda?

Piccos_Girl

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2011, 12:48:59 pm »
^ P1,950 for the Start Now starter kit. Yes, available sa Rustans. :)

^^ I agree, it really is worth it. :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:53:42 pm by Piccos_Girl »

barbiedoll

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2011, 01:03:49 pm »
i love jane iredale in bisque :) and last week i tried milea mineral loose powder this is nice ha and very cheap pa,expensive kase jane iredale almost 3k yung powder nila.i prefer mineral make up talaga :)

shatz

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2011, 05:55:10 pm »
I received an email from certain Carol Ozawa,. anyone who have any  idea regarding earthen glow?  I've bought MMU [textspeak!] from EG before e,.. pls. read:

Hello,
 
My name is Carol Ozawa and I formerly worked for Earthen Glow Minerals.  I was their lead formulator and made All of their over 800 cosmetic products.
 
I am contacting you to apologize for the dishonest practices that went on at Earthen Glow Minerals.  The ingredients that they posted on their products
 
and on their Ingredients list were Not the ingredients used.  This company uses many chemicals known to be unsafe in their lotions, soaps, skin care and they use
 
Talc and Bismuth Oxychloride in all of their foundations and the liquid and mousse foundations are loaded with unnatural chemicals...not what is stated on the website.  I know this to be a fact because I created all of their products.  I have no intention of opening or working for another
 
cosmetic company, I simply believe that you as a consumer should not be lied to. When you believe that you are purchasing natural products that is what you should
 
receive.
 
The owner of the company, Dexter (David) Hardin experienced legal problems and that is why the company immediately closed.  He is also known as Diane and Lori to his clients.
 
He and his sister, Michelle Del Pardo have plans to reopen the company and will be contacting all of you to provide you with the exact same products.  I know this because his
 
inventory has been held in storage and...
 
these are the same products that I made, some over 2 years ago. I quit the company when I became aware that they were intentionally deceiving their customers and refused to
 
stop.  There are many honest companies available to the International World and as a former Insider of Earthen Glow I suggest all of you to taking your business elsewhere if
 
natural is what you want.
 
Sincerely with my apologies,
 
Carol Ozawa

rhumbafrapp

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2011, 07:49:55 pm »
Sana di siya totoo =( Madami pa naman love ang EG Minerals. Di kaya smear campaign ?

daisychain

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2011, 03:46:46 am »
Oh my gosh. Ganun? ??? Isn't Bismuth Oxychloride an ingredient also used in the Bare Escentuals foundies? I thought it was that ingredient which made BE mmu feel itchy on my face, pero yung sa EG Minerals, di naman ako nangati. Kahit sa liquid foundie. Pero nagtaka nga ako nung parang bigla na lang sila nag close.

cindylulu

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2011, 11:45:57 am »
per mmu technical reviews in the US: mmus should be talc and bismuth oxychloride-free. it should be of the highest mineral purity. it shouldn't be diluted with inorganic materials. mmus' ingredients should only be mica, iron oxide, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide to be considered organic and pure. Talc is a pore-clogger and an allergen. Bismuth is a by-product of lead and copper. some big cosmetic companies jump on the mmu bandwagon to cash in but the so-called mmus are chockful of chemicals, not really minerals, thus ageing and harming the skin in the long run.  :)   

OD

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2011, 12:47:52 am »
there's only one way to determine if the whistle-blower is spewing nothing but noxious truth, to have random testing of products but that'll be very costly. Sayang, I love Earthen Glow's lien of foundie and blushes. Quality's nearly close to Lumiere but cheaper.

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2011, 01:00:38 am »
I haven't visited this thread for such a long time and that email surprised me a lot. I remember liking EG minerals before, their foundation and their blushes. I'm hoping it's not true. Why did that certain Carol Ozawa continue doing it, making those products, and taking part in the "deception" of consumers, before she quit? Because she was not aware of it? Grabe naman yun, may lokohan nang bongga sa paligid mo sa matagal na panahon, hindi mo pa alam. Hindi kaya sabotage lang yan? :)

WhizDy

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2011, 08:47:55 am »
havent tried EG minerals, pero sana the email's a hoax lang.

cindylulu

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2011, 10:32:45 am »
i haven't tried EG. i'm loyal lang to only one brand since 2009, blusche. blusche has only 5-6 organic ingredients. the lesser kasi the better, but the essential ingredients of mmus talaga are mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxide and zinc oxide. i've read a comparison of the ingredients of mmus somewhere sa Beauty Brains way back 2009, and most big mmu brands use bismuth.  :)

try googling "mineral hygienics and comparison of mmu ingredients". i tried to insert the link here but the site's asking for authentication. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 10:01:08 pm by cindylulu »

shatz

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2011, 08:52:27 pm »
malalaman din natin yan,. i'll wait for further email,. hehe,. mukhang randon nya lang ginawa ang email,. kase I'm expecting mga sis natin dito mkakatanggap ng same email,.

jansy

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2011, 05:33:54 pm »
naka-receive din ako ng email same as shatz.
i think, yung mga nasa newsletter or dati nila customers ang na-sendan lang niya.

di ba ito yung nagclose down after their bogo sale sometime 2009?
madami nagreklamo na hindi nila nareceive yung orders nila.
( http://www.beautyfrugalista.com/2010/01/earthen-glow-minerals-review.html)

(yung sa akin, okay naman. :)).

sana nga, they are back in business and hindi totoo yung email.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 05:37:15 pm by jansy »

jjjjj3

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2011, 08:06:40 pm »
meron rin akong same email from EG minerals. carol is the one answering my emails before.

rainebowbrite

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2011, 11:20:32 pm »
I just ordered samples from Ellana. First time to try MMU. I still have to get to BDO to pay for the shipping though. Kakatamad kasi because of the rain.

inakisgurl

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2011, 11:33:39 pm »
nagka break outs ako sa Joppa..
weird ba ako..ako lang yata sa mundong ibabaw ang nag break outs sa mmu..
=(

ycka29

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2011, 09:37:08 am »
I've been using ellana MMU for several years already (babydoll pa yung name before) and ok yun saken. :)

But right now, gusto ko magtry ng ibang MMUs. alin ba pinaka-okay yung coverage, easily available sa market and di naman masiyado expensive?

tia!

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Mineral Makeup Thread 32
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2011, 01:06:15 pm »
nagka break outs ako sa Joppa..
weird ba ako..ako lang yata sa mundong ibabaw ang nag break outs sa mmu..
=(

You are not alone. I realized that mmu's the culprit kung bakit hindi ako nawawalan ng pimples before. One after the other, as in may pumapalit lagi pag nawawala yung isa. :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close