watch now

Author Topic: Chosing a career thats different from your field  (Read 48808 times)

wowry

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2013, 05:50:09 pm »
Nung bata ako ang dami ko gusto. Gusto ko maging field reporter,pre-scool teacher or Flight attendant. Broadcast Communication natapos ko but during OJT hindi ko nagustuhan ang field kasi feeling ko bago ka pa maging reporter sobrang tagal at ang baba talaga ng sweldo kaya ginawa ko nag-apply ako as Flight attendant at nakapasa naman ako. FA ako for 8 years but then ang pangarap ko maging prescool teacher ayaw mawala wala haha so ngayon kakastart ko pa lang magwork sa school as school coordinator then plano ko mag-aral to get license to teach ;D

yonamarie

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2013, 11:26:22 pm »
I think I have to vent this out.
I just graduated last April 2013, BS Nursing. I would take the boards by December.
I got pregnant last April 2012. So yeah, I have a kid. I really wanted to be a Doctor. But unfortunately, mas in demand ang Nursing noon and my Dad pushed me to take Nursing as my pre-med. I learned to love it. Pero when I graduated, I was like parang gusto ko magFA, parang gusto ko magaral uli, gusto ko sa office lang, gusto ko maging teacher. i guess na pressure ako humanap ng trabaho because I have a child already. Luckily, I landed myself with a PArt time job as a teacher. I went on trainings.. then my baby got admitted due to prolong coughing. dun ko narealize na dapat talaga may job na stable. i guess im pressured with all the careers i have in mind. parang gusto ko itake lahat, but i cannot kasi nga i still have to take care of my child and double kayod for financial need. parang ang pangit ng reason ko, pero i feel like i needed to do something about it. sorry if i vented out much. ang hirap humanap ng trabaho.

wowry

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2013, 04:31:13 am »
^ I feel you. Ang hirap magdecide ng course lalo na bata pa tayo tapos minsan kung ano sabihin ng magulang sinusunod na lang kasi hindi rin sigurado kung ano talaga ang gusto. Naisip ko nga dapat kung hindi pa alam talaga wag muna mag take ng bachelor degree kasi sayang lang kung hindi mapapakinabangan. Kaso sa Pinas after highschool dapat college agad hindi katulad sa ibang bansa na okay lang technical/vocational course muna then kung makadecide ka na talaga sa career path na gusto mo saka lang magaral sa college.

rachi_01

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2013, 04:49:40 am »
I think I have to vent this out.
I just graduated last April 2013, BS Nursing. I would take the boards by December.
I got pregnant last April 2012. So yeah, I have a kid. I really wanted to be a Doctor. But unfortunately, mas in demand ang Nursing noon and my Dad pushed me to take Nursing as my pre-med. I learned to love it. Pero when I graduated, I was like parang gusto ko magFA, parang gusto ko magaral uli, gusto ko sa office lang, gusto ko maging teacher. i guess na pressure ako humanap ng trabaho because I have a child already. Luckily, I landed myself with a PArt time job as a teacher. I went on trainings.. then my baby got admitted due to prolong coughing. dun ko narealize na dapat talaga may job na stable. i guess im pressured with all the careers i have in mind. parang gusto ko itake lahat, but i cannot kasi nga i still have to take care of my child and double kayod for financial need. parang ang pangit ng reason ko, pero i feel like i needed to do something about it. sorry if i vented out much. ang hirap humanap ng trabaho.

sis, try mo dito apply sa amin. UHG name ng company here in taguig.mostly licensed RN ang need dito or USRN. just to help you. :)

rachi_01

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2013, 05:18:27 am »
just something to think about: would you rather be in an office (in the Philippines earning P16k/month) or be a blue-collar worker (abroad earning P16k/week)?

it depends on your priority and preference sis. :)

rachi_01

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2013, 06:06:47 am »
i've been in the bpo industry for almost 7 years now however i'm a graduate of bs.accountany but i didn't pass the board. i wanted a normal life now but my fear is the salary range. i must admit, i'm earning better compared to normal office employee. i'm getting confuse what path to take especially now that i have a 5month old baby. :(

tomatostellar

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2013, 06:25:42 am »
I don't have a "field" =(. I took up BS Biology coz my Dad wanted me to be a doctor. I wasn't interested sa medicine, but I obeyed anyway.
Hindi rin ako natuloy sa med proper, and I tried to stay w/in that "field" and got a job as a med rep, pero di rin ako nagtagal.
I'm now w/ a telecom company and I'm not exactly happy going to work. I am satisfied w/ the pay though. I don't think I can sacrifice the pay in search for the job that I'd be passionate with.


Myealexis21

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2013, 07:26:57 pm »
graduate ako ng industrial psychology - so dapat HR line ko.  I have a few jobs there sa Pinas na di naman nagtagal.. months lang usually.  Until wala sa plano napa-abroad ako. 

Naging Guest Relations Executive (receptionist) ako sa isang restaurant in a 5 star hotel dito sa dubai.  I wanted to go back to HR kaso everytime may chance, may sasabay palaging offer from a different department and ang ending dun ako napupunta sa kasabay na offer.

Right now Personal Assistant ang work ko.  And I am happy with the job, the pay and benefits.  Very easy at less pressure ang work ko kase mabait ang amo ko.  I hope someday makabalik talaga ako sa HR field - especially recruitment.  But if not, kuntento na ako kung nasaan ako now :) I love my work and I love that I have a life after work :)

rachi_01

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2013, 11:20:59 pm »
graduate ako ng industrial psychology - so dapat HR line ko.  I have a few jobs there sa Pinas na di naman nagtagal.. months lang usually.  Until wala sa plano napa-abroad ako. 

Naging Guest Relations Executive (receptionist) ako sa isang restaurant in a 5 star hotel dito sa dubai.  I wanted to go back to HR kaso everytime may chance, may sasabay palaging offer from a different department and ang ending dun ako napupunta sa kasabay na offer.

Right now Personal Assistant ang work ko.  And I am happy with the job, the pay and benefits.  Very easy at less pressure ang work ko kase mabait ang amo ko.  I hope someday makabalik talaga ako sa HR field - especially recruitment.  But if not, kuntento na ako kung nasaan ako now :) I love my work and I love that I have a life after work :)

sis, if you wouldn't mind. may i know how did you apply, was it thru tourist visa or agency here? if agancey, may i know the name and location? i'm planning to apply abroad before i reach 30 years old. baka kasi mahirap na apply kapag more than 30 years old na eh.

yonamarie

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2013, 02:27:49 pm »
sis, try mo dito apply sa amin. UHG name ng company here in taguig.mostly licensed RN ang need dito or USRN. just to help you. :)

Hi sis! thank you for replying and helping too! may I just know a little background of the company? my fear is kasi, kapag pumasok ako sa BPO baka masilaw na ko sa money. I am not a hypocrite, i wanted to yes, earn a big salary as those company na nagooffer ng super like BPO's. i actually decline a job from a company kasi i am taking care of my baby. with regards of your baby, i suggest you atleast make a lot of time for your baby. confused din ako noon pero i dont wanna be stuck sa bahay so I really looked for a job. But since the incident that my baby was hospitalized, natrauma na ko. from full time part time na lang yung work ko. it sucks kasi parang sayang e. but i realize na mas kailangan ako ng anak ko. and my husband to be is working naman so i think we can suffice the needs of our baby, but still i am looking for a job na pwede homebased so i could work at home while taking care of my baby :)

gorgeousKayeD

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2014, 02:39:29 pm »
Hi sissies! im 25 years old already turning 26 next year, I'm looking for a bigger challenge to grow my career, I really wanted to be in a sales position, doing field work, that's why I decided to gave up my career in Unilab as an admin assistant. 1 month na akong jobless, mostly they offered me same position (admin asst) pero dine-decline ko kasi gusto ko na talaga ng fieldwork. am targeting Nestle, Unilever, San Miguel, Monde Nissin, URC, Pfizer, MSD, Novartis or GSK any suggestions? thank you! :)

purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2014, 12:41:43 pm »
A lot of people feel lost kasi naman we're made to choose our career path high school pa lang di ba.

Ako I took UPCAT to take computer engineering or computer science. Did not pass both hahaha. So I took journalism and then worked as a writer and copy editor for international clients. Then I decided to go into the IT field. Wala e, start over. Pero pag gusto mo naman ginagawa mo it pays naman.

Marami rin ako kilala iba nagiging work nila from their college course. Accountancy grad tapos mapupunta sa marketing. Mga ganun.

I read somewhere that it will take a person 7 years to master something. Meaning in one lifetime ilang beses ka pwede magpalit ng career. You have to take the risk, siyempre, and be willing to start from scratch. Sa mga may financial responsibility lang did practical yung ganito.

bisous

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2014, 08:39:25 pm »
I changed my careers as well.

I was really analytical about the move.  I looked at the work experience of the people that I aspired to be (as well as the people that I did not aspire to!), and the 'supply vs demand' in terms of skills that I would need in the future. It also meant doing a certain degree of risk, doing a cost vs benefit analysis. 

I was willing to take one year off from working (I have been working for 5 years) to pursue the career change.  This meant moving back with my parents, declining a lot of opportunities to work so I can have "time to myself", not seeing much of my friends and generally being really isolated.

I would say that, right now, I'm not 100% 'happy' because I'm not making money, I'm not independent. At the same time, I wasn't happy when I was working and it was better for me to do this rather than NOT do it.  I spent the last 2-3 years wanting to do a career change and I really do feel that I can stand up to myself because it takes a lot of motivation to do what I did.  I was living in London, I had a job offer to stay there, an OK salary, but yeah I thought to myself "I can do better!" :)

Just wanting to share a message, I hope that everyone has had a good year and an even better one next year.

Th3rd

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2015, 04:20:47 am »
Prayers lang mga Sis! In my case I graduated at UST with an Engineering degree. Apparently I am almost 8 years in Information Technology industry.

I did not regret if my profession right now as a SAP Financial Accounting I.T. Consultant is minimally relevant to my engineering degree.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:56:46 am by Th3rd »

tomatostellar

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2015, 04:27:18 am »
Hi sissies! im 25 years old already turning 26 next year, I'm looking for a bigger challenge to grow my career, I really wanted to be in a sales position, doing field work, that's why I decided to gave up my career in Unilab as an admin assistant.

Did you pursue sales sis? I remember when I joined Nestle, may batchmate akong galing reaserch and development ng U.R.
Ganon din reason nya gusto nya field work -- ayun last I heard nag tagal naman sya

sweetsweet

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2015, 06:50:59 am »
Is it too late for my age (39) to go OJT?

I'm a Fine Arts graduate but I want to apply as an HR assistant in a BPO. Reason is, super convenient ang location and top company sya.

Jcblue

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2015, 12:05:42 am »
papost heheh

littlekinselle

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2015, 01:21:41 pm »
I'm 25 and still dont know what to do with my career.. planning to take a short IT course in UP.. hayyy  :-[

Angelite

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2015, 11:36:28 am »
sis, follow where your heart is. What is your passion? What do you like doing? Pag alam mo na sagot then you will know which kind of work to take. May companies naman who are willing to train people.

MsIndependent

  • Guest
Re: Chosing a career thats different from your field
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2015, 05:48:00 pm »
I read the posts here dahil gusto makalearn sa experiences ng iba. I'm a fresh grad, almost a month nang naghahanap ng work pero wala pa talaga. Depressed na depressed na ako at nang mabasa ko 'to, yung depression ko nadagdagan ng confusion. I need a job asap dahil gusto ko nang maging financially independent and para makatulong na rin sa family. But then napaisip ako kung ano ba talaga yung passion ko :(

At bakit hindi pa ako nahahire. ;(

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close