We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on FemaleNetwork.com. By continued use, you agree to our privacy policy and accept our use of such cookies. Find out more here.
Remember Me
Oops! Sorry!
A message has been sent to
johnjones@gmail.com
Click on the link in the email to set a new password.
Click on the link to activate your account.
Some of my daughter's classmates transferred to ICA this year. Cheaper daw kasi plus they're Chinese so mas pabor sa kanila because of the Chinese curriculum.Sabi nila if hindi daw Chinese, malakas daw discrimination sa ICA, how true?
Hello! Hmmm...I was a Miriam student from CSC until high school. That was years and years ago, but even then bullying was already common. I myself was a victim of bullying. I was a pretty easy target kasi; I was quiet and shy, and when I was in grade school I was a pretty dismal student din, so I guess the more aggressive girls thought that gave them the right to pick on me. You cannot single out Miriam though for bullying. I am pretty sure that happens at any school. As for the girls that don't seem to have manners and hindi pino kumilos, like what Sis Marose had mentioned, I also saw some girls like that na taga Poveda. One of them was with her Mother pa, and I just found it so strange, kasi the Mom seemed so prim and proper naman and her daughter was the complete opposite. Bottomline is, I think it all boils down to our parenting skills.I am biased though, because of my experiences with Miriam, I really have no desire to let my daughter study there even if it were the last all-girls school on earth. I may be exaggerating, but nakakatrauma talaga ang nagiging victim ng bullying. One thing I did notice though, I was no longer picked on when I learned to stand up for myself. I guess the bullies lost interest because they saw that they couldn't hurt me anymore. But it really depends din kasi on the student. My Ate had no trouble at school. She practically had the best time of her life at Miriam. Malas lang siguro ako nun.
Ang mahaaaal! Yeah mas mura nga tuition in ICA than Miriam.
How much sa ICA sis?
I can only speak for Grade 1 tuition fee as I inquired about it last year. It's 74,000.
In my opinion, LAHAT ng schools ay may plus-minus. Those who give negative feedback are probably those who did not get to enjoy their years there. Yung iba naman, ok, happy, so positive feedback. My daughter attends Miriam Grade School now, she's in Grade 1. There are only 30 students in a class, so still not overcrowded in my opinion. Yung Atenista ko 45 sila sa klase, pero he still thrives and is a consistent honor student. So sometimes it also depends on the kid.Ang masasabi ko na lang between these 2 choices, these 2 schools still are among the best around, compared to the other hundreds lesser known schools. I know a lot of graduates of both schools get into the best colleges also, eh yun naman ang habol nating mommies di ba, that they get the best primary school education, to get into the best colleges. Ang sa akin lang, kung itong dalawa din lang pagpipilian, then weigh in also on what will be more practical and convenient also.
30 nalang in a class now? nung time ko umaabot pa kaming 47 ah.. maybe less people enroll in miriam now.
not true about the discrimination part.. i had around 10-20 filipino batch mates and they blended well. in fact my filipino classmates were loved since they were chosen as leaders in our class.