watch now

Author Topic: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)  (Read 187340 times)

viellemacey

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #400 on: May 22, 2013, 03:26:23 pm »
^hehe. i think i got that "lip" thing na yan sis.

mayayit

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #401 on: May 22, 2013, 03:30:17 pm »
^^sa Gourdo's po meron nyan.

annrimatsui

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #402 on: June 11, 2013, 02:24:24 am »
Hello!

Mga sister tanong ko lang if may alam ba kayong recipe ng cupcake na close sa Lil Orbits Mini Donuts (if you have tried one) ang lasa?

I was looking for it all over the web and wala akong makita.

Anyone na may alam na cupcake recipe similar to it? Please respond. Thank you and God bless!  ;D

misteryosa

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #403 on: June 16, 2013, 06:33:22 am »
you can also steam it instead of baking, tried it many times.

venus_boyer

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #404 on: June 19, 2013, 11:34:53 am »
Pano po [textspeak!] steamed cupcakes....curious po ako dun....

lakwatsa

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #405 on: June 19, 2013, 12:36:44 pm »
^think about puto sis. ganun sya. :)

happy_pomelo

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #406 on: June 19, 2013, 02:42:19 pm »
How much is the usual rate of 1 dozen regular cupcakes in the market today (home based, yung mga FB-FB sellers)?

I ordered online (mocha cupcakes) for my daughter's first month and I paid P500.00.  Ok naman, nice packaging and great flavor.  Mura ba or mahal? Some sell it cheaper pa ata.

Anyway, I have tried baking cupcakes and my problem is always the buttercream frosting.  It always end up grainy kahit na-sift na ang powdered/confectioner's sugar.  Is there a brand of powdered sugar that is super fine?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 08:26:56 pm by happy_pomelo »

lexi_girl

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #407 on: June 19, 2013, 07:25:40 pm »
^for me, tama lang yung price sis. Parang lumalabas na P40/pc plus P20 packaging. Sa ganyan din amount naglalaro cupcakes ko P40-60/pc.

zee87

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #408 on: June 29, 2013, 02:59:34 am »
Sis happy_pomelo, as long as you mix it very well, ok na un... just remember though, frosting should be made atleast a day before you will use it para magblend ng husto [textspeak!] ingredients. :)

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #409 on: June 29, 2013, 03:42:14 pm »
I'm not a big fan of cupcakes but when I make them, here's what I do:

1- I substituted sugar na with Splenda granules.Same sweetness but no calorie-hindi pumapait or nagiging bland unlike Equal.I had gestational diabetes kasi and ever since then, I vowed to bake "healthier".

2- I substituted butter with canola oil in the cake batter.I add a bit of water to help keep the batter moist.So far ok naman, I cant detect the difference (but my waistline would, for sure) in the taste of the cake itself.

3- not a fan of buttercream frosting.not healthy! I'd rather do a low fat cream cheese (Philly's has a 60% fat reduced tub) based frosting.2 of the deadliest things are in butter cream icing-butter AND sugar! I don't miss the taste of it, but I've never been a big fan of butter cream anyway. If you do substitute a low-fat version of butter though, be prepared it's not going to look as fluffy as it normally would.The fat content is necessary for baked things to look "fluffy"

lexi_girl

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #410 on: June 29, 2013, 05:42:47 pm »
^i don't use butter also in my batter but keep in mind, sis, that most oils has lots of calories! A tablespoon of canola alone has 120 calories already. I use palm oil instead of canola to make it budget friendly. Some recipes use applesauce to substitute fat but i haven't tried it yet, i'm scared that it will make my muffins and cupcakes dry. :)

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #411 on: June 29, 2013, 08:14:24 pm »
^Most batters for cakes require melted butter.That is easily replaced by any vegetable oil, but in my case I prefer canola.It has about 1/3 less fats (and no trans fats) vs.normal butter. I've also tried applesauce, just not on cupcakes.I used it to make carrot cake. Ok naman, but I'm not sure this would produce the fluffy, sponge-like normal cupcake consistency.I guess for quick breads you can just increase the liquid portion by adding fruit puree (prune puree, apple sauce,mashed bananas)and cut the butter content by 1/3 and check  the consistency.I won't substitute more than 50% of the recipe's requirement for butter (or oil, in my case) as, yes, it will produce dry cakes.I tried it with Greek plain yogurt too and it did become dry.If you can find butter milk, that's also better.Pare pareho lang presyo ng mga yan dito sa Oz eh.Observe lang ni hubby na dry nga talaga pag yogurt gamitin ko instead of butter (or oil).

ilykeee

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #412 on: July 30, 2013, 02:04:30 pm »
May nakagawa na ba dito mga sis ng Melted marshmallow frosting? pashare naman ng recipes for frosting na good for pink and mint green ang gagamitin na color. TIA  :)

j27

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #413 on: July 30, 2013, 09:51:34 pm »
just sharing some photos of my birthday cake & cupcakes:
http://s55.photobucket.com/user/dkny27joyce/media/20130726_135125_zps65b93dbc.jpg.html

my chocolate ombre cake covered with chocolate frosting and detailed with swiss meringue buttercream
http://s55.photobucket.com/user/dkny27joyce/media/20130726_135220_zpsedc78ddd.jpg.html

filled with chocolate frosting and pink fluffy cream with chocolate chips
http://s55.photobucket.com/user/dkny27joyce/media/20130729_222057_zpsdc59b9df.jpg.html

my cheesy chiffon cupcakes
http://s55.photobucket.com/user/dkny27joyce/media/20130726_135213_zps58b1e9e1.jpg.html

my chocolate cupcakes topped with swiss meringue buttercream
http://s55.photobucket.com/user/dkny27joyce/media/20130726_135230_zpsfabaea4a.jpg.html

anniegurl

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #414 on: July 30, 2013, 10:27:12 pm »
sis pa share naman ng recipe ng cheese cupcakes/ thanks

mayayit

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #415 on: July 31, 2013, 11:22:06 am »
How much is the usual rate of 1 dozen regular cupcakes in the market today (home based, yung mga FB-FB sellers)?

I ordered online (mocha cupcakes) for my daughter's first month and I paid P500.00.  Ok naman, nice packaging and great flavor.  Mura ba or mahal? Some sell it cheaper pa ata.

Anyway, I have tried baking cupcakes and my problem is always the buttercream frosting.  It always end up grainy kahit na-sift na ang powdered/confectioner's sugar.  Is there a brand of powdered sugar that is super fine?

Peotraco has premium confectioners sugar which is more fine than the economy variant. :)

mayayit

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #416 on: July 31, 2013, 11:38:06 am »
meron po ba kayo tried and tested recipe for crinkles??? been looking for one e

cmax

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #417 on: August 01, 2013, 08:24:56 pm »
^sa dami na ng sinubukan ko di ko na alam alin ang alin tee hee!! I started with the Betty Crocker's recipe.

happy_pomelo

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #418 on: August 01, 2013, 09:15:30 pm »
@mayayit

Thanks for the lead.

Try to look up Panlasang Pinoy's recipe. I tried it and my mistake was the batter was not frozen - epic fail kasi bumagasak at naging malapad. ;-)

hotmom

  • Guest
Re: All About Cupcakes! (recipes and tips)
« Reply #419 on: August 02, 2013, 06:39:55 am »
may easy recipe ba for first time I want to learn sana for my kids pero prang complicated gawin pa share ng easy bake pls...

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close