watch now

Author Topic: Favorite Quotes/Lines..  (Read 45703 times)

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2014, 11:57:26 pm »
"The window rattles without you, you bastard. The trees are the cause, rattling in the wind, you jerk, the wind scraping those leaves and twigs against my window. They'll keep doing this, you terrible husband, and slowly wear away our entire apartment building. I know all these facts about you and there is no longer any use for them. What will I do with your license plate number, and where you hid the key outside so we'd never get locked out of this shaky building? What good does it do me, your pants size and the blue cheese preference for dressing? Who opens the door in the morning now, and takes the newspaper out of the plastic bag when it rains? I'll never get back all the hours I was nice to your parents. I nudge my cherry tomatoes to the side of the plate, bastard, but no one is waiting there with a fork to eat them. I miss you and I love you, bastard bastard bastard, come and clean the onion skins out of the crisper and trim back the tree so I can sleep at night."

- Adverbs (Daniel Handler)

fall2pieces

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #121 on: September 13, 2014, 05:37:09 pm »
You only need one man to love you. But him to love you free like a wildfire, crazy like the moon, always like tomorrow, sudden like an inhale and overcoming like the tides. Only one man and all of this.

C. JoyBell C.

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2014, 12:47:53 am »
"If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf."

- Horseradish (Lemony Snicket)

purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2014, 02:37:21 pm »
"If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf."

- Horseradish (Lemony Snicket)

Love this! Haha.

redhead69

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2014, 10:33:56 pm »
I will never stop trying, because when you find the one. You never give up.

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2014, 11:27:18 pm »
"There must have been moments even that afternoon when Daisy tumbled short of his dreams -- not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion. It had gone beyond her, beyond everything. He had thrown himself into it with a creative passion, adding to it all the time, decking it out with every bright feather that drifted his way. No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart."

- The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald)

tomatostellar

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2014, 10:02:45 am »
"I wish I could stop being in love with Sam. I really do." ― The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2014, 10:23:30 pm »
"We weren’t ourselves when we fell in love, and when we became ourselves – surprise! – we were poison. We complete each other in the nastiest, ugliest possible way."

"Yes, I am finally a match for Amy. The other morning I woke up next to her, and I studied the back of her skull. I tried to read her thoughts. For once I didn't feel like I was staring into the sun. I'm rising to my wife's level of madness. Because I can feel her changing me again: I was a callow boy, and then a man, good and bad. Now at last I'm the hero. I am the one to root for in the never-ending war story of our marriage. It's a story I can live with. Hell, at this point, I can't imagine my story without Amy. She is my forever antagonist.

We are one long frightening climax."

"What are you thinking? How are you feeling? Who are you? What have we done to each other? What will we do?"

- Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:27:22 pm by Frozen Toes »

purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2014, 11:11:40 pm »
Another one from Gone Girl:

"All of a sudden you see reading in bed and waffles on Sunday and laughing at nothing and his mouth on yours. And it's so far beyond fine that you know you can never go back to fine. That fast. You think: Oh, here is the rest of my life. It's finally arrived."

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #129 on: October 20, 2014, 11:46:15 pm »
"As if to build a fence around the fatal emptiness inside her, she had to create a sunny person that she became. But if you peeled away the ornamental egos that she had built, there was only an abbys of nothingness and the intense thirst that came with it. Though she tried to forget it, the nothingness would visit her periodically - on a lonely rainy afternoon, or at dawn when she woke up from a nightmare. What she needed at such times was to be held by someone, anyone."

- IQ84 (Haruki Murakami)

redhead69

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2014, 04:58:47 am »
"Well, there are all kinds of men, and you are the wrong kind." - Gone Girl

simplykristine08

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2014, 02:54:36 pm »
If you stay, I’ll do whatever you want. I’ll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I’ll do that, too. Maybe coming back to your old life would just be too painful, maybe it’d be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I’d do it. I can lose you like that if I don’t lose you today. I’ll let you go. If you stay.

- Adam Wilde (If I Stay)


But I’d do it again. I know that now. I’d make that promise a thousand times over and lose her a thousand times over to have heard her play last night or to see her in the morning sunlight. Or even without that. Just to know that she’s somewhere out there. Alive.

- Adam Wilde (Where She Went)

purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #132 on: December 10, 2014, 10:42:24 am »
"Loving someone always requires you to not love others." - Battle Royale

Miss Taken

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2015, 02:41:56 am »
"There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is only the comparison of one state with another. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. It is necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.....the sum of all human wisdom will be contained in these two words: Wait and Hope."
— Alexandre Dumas (The Count of Monte Cristo)

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up."
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones

samanthasola

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2015, 04:12:50 pm »
People build up walls, Not to keep others out but to see who cares enough to break them down.

Miss Taken

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2015, 10:23:38 am »
’D'you know what happens when you hurt people?’ Ammu said. ‘When you hurt people, they begin to love you less. That’s what careless words do. They make people love you a little less.’
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy

When you’re scared but you still do it anyway, that’s brave.
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman.

All endings are also beginnings. We just don’t know it at the time.
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.

mango_shake

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2015, 11:36:17 pm »
I know people always talk about love like it’s a realization you have one day – a sudden
moment of clarity where you realize you’ve been slowly falling in love with that person for days or
weeks or months. People talk like it isn’t really falling at all, but instead, a gentle recognition that
you’ve already hit the ground.

It wasn’t like that for me.

It wasn’t a slow epiphany, or an awareness that I’d floated down into love weeks ago, without
ever realizing it.

It was as sudden as a flashflood, as violent and terrifying as diving headfirst off the side of a
skyscraper. I hadn’t fallen; No, I was free-falling – spiraling down into an abyss and waiting for the
ground to rush up and meet me.

I didn’t even bother to brace for impact, because my landing was inevitable. Gravity was
pushing me down, speeding my descent. Faster, faster, faster, I crashed down into love, with no hopes
of ever pulling myself back up the side of building to safety.

When the pavement below came into view, canvased in a sidewalk-chalk tableau of broken
hearts and crushed expectations, I waited for the forthcoming pain of impact. My arms didn’t flail, my
legs didn’t bicycle the air. With detached acceptance, I anticipated the hit; the splintering of bones, the
splattering of flesh and marrow on concrete as love – that horrible, destructive, immovable force –
destroyed every atom and particle of my being.

So, when that inevitable crash happened – when I landed so hard against the realization I that
loved Finn, it stole my breath and nearly made me stop singing – I was shocked that no parts of me
shattered.

My bones didn’t break, my lifeblood didn’t spill, my heart wasn’t pulverized. Instead I felt the
telltale crumble of every wall I’d ever barricaded my heart with, as they fractured to dust against the
ground.

When the debris settled, and I found myself standing unharmed at the bottom of an impossibly
tall skyscraper, I realized that I’d done it.

I’d jumped. And, more importantly, I’d survived the fall.

~Like Gravity by Julie Johnson ~

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2015, 08:52:52 pm »
I wondered if that was how forgiveness budded; not with the fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering its things, packing up, and slipping away unannounced in the middle of the night.


lizatorres

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2015, 06:24:46 pm »
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say what you cannot do"

FayeP

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2015, 12:24:00 am »
"Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering." - By the River Piedra, I Sat Down and Wept


all time fave quote

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close