watch now

Author Topic: Favorite Quotes/Lines..  (Read 45679 times)

starlitgrove

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2013, 01:17:09 pm »
Pang kilig lang:

Quote
Where is your compassion when I need it the most? Open your eyes, love, and see what is right before you: that I am not merely a friend, but a man deeply, desperately, in love with you.
- Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

bibsibs

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2014, 06:04:49 pm »
"Don't be scared of making mistakes, be scared of making none. Because if you're not making a healthy number of mistakes along the way, you'r not really living life to its fullest"

"Happiness is simply collecting and remembering all the good moments in your life, kinda like beads on a necklace."

"I don't just want a good love, one of those everyday loves that you hear about. I want the kind of crazy love we've been warned about. The kind of love that makes your heart skips a beat. The kind of love that makes you want to dance in the rain and bottle up the sunset while screaming at the top of your lungs. The kind of love that authors write about, musicians sing about, and lovers dream about."

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew."

"Life may not be pretty, but it's always beautiful. We may only see the ugliness on the surface. The s*** that only the world chooses to notice. But, if we dig deep, if we get to the heart of life, where there's no pain or fear, where we can just be who we are and love freely without judgement, it's really beautiful." - S.L. Jennings, Fear of Falling

"Maybe there was something safe in the not knowing, something that made it feel like all the mundane questions you were usually required to ask were not all that important after all."

"We omit things all the time. Everyday. In all walks of life. If we told every person we came in contact with every truth and fact about our lives, we'd die all alone."


MisCalculus

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2014, 08:50:04 pm »
‘Where would we be without tomorrows? What we’d have instead are todays. And if that was the case, with you, I’d hope for the longest day for today. I’d fill today with you, doing everything I’ve ever loved. I’d laugh, I’d talk, I’d listen and learn, I’d love, I’d love, I’d love. I’d make every day today and spend them all with you, and I’d never worry about tomorrow, when I wouldn’t be with you. And when that dreaded tomorrow comes for us, please know that I didn’t want to leave you, or be left behind, that every single moment spent with you were the best times in my life."

- how to fall in love by cecelia ahern

MisCalculus

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2014, 12:35:57 am »
“There are memories I'm better of without. Things better lost forever"

- SJ Watson, Before I Go To Sleep


chichi143

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2014, 12:52:10 am »
'There's a difference between loneliness and solitude.'

chichi143

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2014, 01:01:10 am »
"Is fat really the worst thing a human being can be? Is fat worse than vindictive, jealous,
shallow, vain, boring, evil, or cruel? Not to me.”~ J. K. Rowling

purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2014, 12:03:18 pm »
That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt.

I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.

- Both from The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green

blackshirt13

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2014, 02:30:08 pm »
"Words are like seeds, I think, planted into our hearts at a tender age. They take root in us as we grow, settling deep into our souls. The good words plant well. They flourish and find homes in our hearts. They build trunks around our spines, steadying us when we’re feeling most flimsy; planting our feet firmly when we’re feeling most unsure. But the bad words grow poorly. Our trunks infest and spoil until we are hollow and housing the interests of others and not our own. We are forced to eat the fruit those words have borne, held hostage by the branches growing arms around our necks, suffocating us to death, one word at a time."

– Juliette, Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

simplepink

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2014, 01:56:51 am »
“I like myself better when I'm with you.”
― Mitch Albom, Tuesdays With Morrie

MisCalculus

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2014, 11:04:06 pm »
“If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.”
 - Adam (if i stay by gayle forman)

---
Lapit na yung movie :)

fornarina

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2014, 07:18:34 pm »
"Edward knew what it was like to say over and over again the names of those you had left behind. He knew what it was like to miss someone. And so he listened. And in his listening, his heart opened wide and then wider still."
....
“Look at me, he said to her. His arms and legs jerked. Look at me. You got your wish. I have learned how to love. And it's a terrible thing. I'm broken. My heart is broken. Help me.”
....
""I'm done with being loved," Edward told her. "I'm done with loving. It's too painful.""
....
""Open your heart," she said gently. "Someone will come. Someone will come for you. But first you must open your heart."
The door closed. The sunlight disappeared.
Someone will come.

—The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 07:20:23 pm by fornarina »

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2014, 08:10:15 am »
Maybe this is just me, because my priorities have changed as I’ve gotten older. But now I don’t want to be “sort of dating” someone. I don’t want to be “kinda hanging out” with someone. I don’t want to spend a lot of energy suppressing all my feelings so I appear uninvolved. I want to be involved. I want to be sleeping with someone I know I’ll see again because they’ve already demonstrated to me that they’re trustworthy and honorable—and into me. Sure, in the beginning you have to be somewhat cautious about how much you give away. But that caution shouldn’t be to make them feel more comfortable; it should be because you know that you are ultimately a delicate, valuable creature who should be careful and discerning about who gets your affection. That’s what I’m doing now. And it’s not going so badly.

-- He's just not that into you

purple.strawberry

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2014, 05:54:00 pm »
"Edward knew what it was like to say over and over again the names of those you had left behind. He knew what it was like to miss someone. And so he listened. And in his listening, his heart opened wide and then wider still."
....
“Look at me, he said to her. His arms and legs jerked. Look at me. You got your wish. I have learned how to love. And it's a terrible thing. I'm broken. My heart is broken. Help me.”
....
""I'm done with being loved," Edward told her. "I'm done with loving. It's too painful.""
....
""Open your heart," she said gently. "Someone will come. Someone will come for you. But first you must open your heart."
The door closed. The sunlight disappeared.
Someone will come.

—The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

Aw. Eto ba yung sa My love from another star? Gusto ko tuloy basahin.

prettykyla

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2014, 08:06:21 pm »
“Grace isn't something we deserve, Gabriel," Julia said softly. "It comes from love. And God wraps the world in second chances and sticky little leaves and mercy, even though some people don't want them.”
― Sylvain Reynard, Gabriel's Rapture

“It isn't God who's evil-it's us.......Everyone wants to know where evil comes from and why the world is riddle with it. Why doesn't anyone ask where goodness comes from? Human beings have a tremendous capacity for cruelty. Why is there any goodness at all? Why are people like Grace and Richard so kind? Because there's a God, and he hasn't allowed the earth to be entirely corrupted. There are sticky like leaves, if you look for them. And when you recognize them, you can feel his presence.”
― Sylvain Reynard, Gabriel's Rapture

~ anna ~

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2014, 03:30:19 am »
He kept making her feel like it was safe to smile.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

"No, you're way past mourning.  You're dying.  Fizzing out.  Fading away before my very eyes.  And it burns my butt."
- The Book Club by Mary Alice Monroe

angelita

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2014, 07:58:04 am »
Roger Bannister: Oh, I feel like Nancy Drew in the mystery of the mid-life crisis.
(The Stepford Wives)

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2014, 02:37:34 am »
After many long weeks, I finally finished Jodi Lynn Anderson's Tiger Lily... in tears.

"Now there are days when she is content, and days when she’s restless. But there is never a day when she doesn’t see Peter everywhere. Things hurt, and don’t hurt, and hurt again. Eighty years later, and she can still feel surprised that he’s gone. And then so much of the time, she’s glad. But just as she looks for Tik Tok in everything around her, she looks for Peter in the woods, out gathering, in the lagoon, in the burrow that is now abandoned. She goes up on the cliffs from time to time and stands there for hours, continuing her long good-bye. It’s not for lack of loyalty to her husband. It is just that she was fifteen once for the first time, and Peter walked across her heart, and left his footprints there."


TysLolakins

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2014, 01:35:33 am »
The Three Laws of Robotics (by Isaac Asimov)
1.  A robot may not injure a human being or through inaction allow a human being to come to harm.
2.  A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3.  A robot must protect its own existence as long as such existence does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2014, 08:42:20 pm »
"They called her a witch, because she knew how to heal herself."

"One day I will laugh and no loneliness will fall out."

-Here We Are, Reflections of a God Gone Mad (Te' V. Smith)

duchessxspeaks

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2014, 05:03:23 pm »

"Stars, too, were time travelers. How many of those ancient points of light were the last echoes of suns now dead? How many had been born but their light not yet come this far? If all the suns but ours collapsed tonight, how many lifetimes would it take us to realize we were alone? I had always known the sky was full of mysteries—but not until now had I realized how full of them the earth was."

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close