watch now

Author Topic: Favorite Quotes/Lines..  (Read 45644 times)

luckypal

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2013, 11:17:52 pm »
pa-join :)

“Why is there ever this perverse cruelty in humankind, that makes us hurt most those we love best?”
― Jacqueline Carey, Kushiel's Chosen

“It is my observations, though, that happiness limits the amount of suffering one is willing to inflict upon others”
― Jacqueline Carey, Kushiel's Dart

“Let the warriors clamor after gods of blood and thunder; love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. ”
― Jacqueline Carey, Kushiel's Chosen


pinkk

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 11:38:27 am »
“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

gorgeous_me

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2013, 05:27:13 pm »
“One of these days you’re going to fall in love, son. Don’t settle for just anyone. Choose the girl that doesn’t come easy; the one you have to fight for, and then never stop fighting. Never.”
- Walking Disaster

tomatostellar

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2013, 10:33:15 am »
“Real love changes and grows with time and discovers new ways of expressing itself.” - Veronika Decides to Die

katrinac

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2013, 08:18:27 pm »
“I love you more than anything on this earth; more than anything in the universe. I love you more
than life, more than my family, and I love you more than I love being with you in that way.”
― Jamie McGuire (Requiem, Providence #2) ♥♥♥
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 08:25:23 pm by katrinac »

entwife

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2013, 08:34:36 am »
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy something we don't need.  ~Fight Club

rheinfall18

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2013, 05:08:04 pm »
"true love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be."

- Dear John, Nicholas Sparks

so far eto ang di ko pa malimutan sa lahat :)

ladychris17

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2013, 02:45:59 am »
Currently, because this is my latest fiction that's actually good.

"back into reality: the appalling present, the awful reality–but sublime, but significant, but desperately important precisely because of the imminence of that which made them so fearful."

"He woke once more to external reality, looked round him, knew what he saw–knew it, with a sinking sense of horror and disgust, for the recurrent delirium of his days and nights, the nightmare of swarming indistinguishable sameness."

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand.”


All from brave New World by Aldous Huxley (I can't choose from ALL the books I've read! Haha)

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2013, 10:29:46 am »
Quotes from The God of Small Things (Arundhati Roy)

And the air was full of Thoughts and Things to Say. But at times like these, only the Small Things are ever said. Big Things lurk unsaid inside.

***

But what was there to say?

Only that there were tears. Only that Quietness and Emptiness fitted together like stacked spoons. Only that there was a snuffling in the hollows at the base of a lovely throat. Only that a hard honey-colored shoulder had a semicircle of teethmarks on it. Only that they held each other close, long after it was over. Only that what they shared that night was not happiness, but hideous grief.

Only that once again they broke the Love Laws. That lay down who should be loved. And how. And how much.

***

The way her body existed only where he touched her. The rest of her was smoke.

***

He folded his fear into a perfect rose. He held it out in the palm of his hand. She took it from him and put it in her hair.

***

"D’you know what happens when you hurt people?" Ammu said. "When you hurt people, they begin to love you less. That’s what careless words do. They make people love you a little less."

***

When she listened to songs that she loved on the radio, something stirred inside her. A liquid ache spread under her skin, and she walked out of the world like a witch.

***

She wore flowers in her hair and carried magic secrets in her eyes. She spoke to no one. She spent hours on the riverbank. She smoked cigarettes and had midnight swims...

Escapaira

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2013, 11:38:03 am »
“I'm going to smile, and my smile will sink down into your pupils, and heaven knows what it will become.”
― Jean-Paul Sartre, No Exit

“I am always saying "Glad to've met you" to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though.”
― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

“Mothers are all slightly insane.”
― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
― C.S. Lewis

katrinac

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2013, 07:36:06 pm »
No.One.Comes.Before.You -  Rush Finlay

mimiku

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2013, 11:45:57 pm »
Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—‘Wait and hope'. Edmund, The Count of Monter Cristo

Kabisadong kabisado ko yan. Super love the novel.

jelliebean28

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2013, 03:54:15 am »
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye
- The Little Prince

a.k.a. HELGA

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2013, 04:34:37 am »
“I will follow you to the ends of the world.” - Tariq, A Thousand Splendid Suns

“I was a relationship retard. I kicked, shoved, and punched people out of my life, so they never had a chance to hurt me.” - Olivia, The Opportunist




jazzlawyer

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2013, 01:51:26 am »
"I didn’t think it was possible to love Gideon more than I already did, but he somehow kept finding ways to prove me wrong." = Eva tramell, Entwined with You

quinone

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2013, 02:37:10 am »
“I belong to my beloved, and my beloved is mine.” - Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire

a slightly different version...

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine"
-Bible, Solomon 6:3

Escapaira

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2013, 08:55:22 am »
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.” — Harper Lee, To Kill A Mocking Bird

terriblegallantsex

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2013, 09:20:53 am »
On love.
“I really don’t know what ‘I love you’ means. I think it means ‘Don’t leave me here alone.’”
-Neil Gaiman

On monogamy.
“You shouldn’t eat so much flour,” Owen said, taking a single pancake for himself. “Even when I’m stoned I don’t each much flour. The other reason, of course, is that I’m a staunch monogamist. In practice, if not in theory. I can’t help it. Do I acknowledge the oppressive, regressive nature of sexual exclusivity? Yes. Do I want that exclusivity very badly for myself? Also yes. There’s probably some sort of way in which that’s not a paradox. Maybe I believe in love. Maybe I just badly crave my mother’s approval. Hang on a sec.”
-Chad Harbach, The Art of Fielding

And the best one for me, cuts through the bone:

On life.
“You should tell them the truth. Tell them that if they hold on too tightly, love might cut them. Tell them to hold on tightly anyway. Tell them everything is worth it and that the richness of life is only ever enhanced by its inevitable, brief flashes of sadness and loss.”

charmedwitch776

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2013, 09:44:37 am »
Fave line  :)

Hakuna Matata (no worries) - Lion King

Today is a new day - Chicken little

Escapaira

  • Guest
Re: Favorite Quotes/Lines..
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2013, 12:55:16 pm »
"I don't have to be the hero, but atleast let me be the main character of my own life" - I am a Hero

"My mind is a mess now. I don't know which way to go " - Horimiya

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close