watch now

Author Topic: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2  (Read 360345 times)

purple_girl

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #300 on: October 05, 2013, 07:07:05 pm »
finished day 1 of ny driving lessons and so far okay naman, though, madalas akong namamatayan kasi nabibitawan ko yung clutch, hopefully, tomorrow hindi na. okay yung instructor sa society, mabait siya and patient magturo lalo na pag nagpapanic ako at nalilito kung anong dapat kong gawin next. looking forward to day 2 tomorrow. :)

bec_succubus

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #301 on: October 06, 2013, 07:46:06 pm »
Just finished my Smart Driving Session in Smart Espana, if any of you girls are going there, look for Carl as your instructor, super bait and super cool magturo.
Had 2 other instructors before him, pero I decided to continue my one on one sessions with him. 

lonesyndrome

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #302 on: October 30, 2013, 09:19:22 pm »
For those in QC area, I'm currently enrolled in Globe Driving school (congressional branch). Just finished my second session and so far okay naman. Not completely happy though. Took the 10 hour-course. Five days, two hours a day.

First comment is that I hate the course rates. All driving schools are actually quite expensive but Globe is the cheaper alternative to more expensive driving schools like A1. I wanted to enroll in SMART due to cheaper rates AND reputable for their awards, but Globe's location was more convenient for me.

Second comment is that I don't completely understand why they have to switch instructors. I mean it probably has something to do with the schedule since Globe in congressional has quite a lot of students so it would be hard to fix their instructors' schedules. But really, why do I have to pay additional fee if I want only one instructor to teach me for my entire course? Thing here is that various instructors handle my sessions and each of them have very different techniques and driving principles that I get frustrated on who I should really follow.

The first instructor was annoying since he kept on holding the wheel whenever I turn. Okay lang naman yung occasionally for guidance pero this instructor  was basically doing all the turns to the point na hindi na ako natuto mag uturn, left turn, or right turn nang mag-isa kasi lagi niya ako pinangungunahan. I want to experience turning by myself because it's the only way I can learn. The second instructor was more lenient on this one. He allowed me to explore my turning skills by letting me grasp the wheel by myself alone but he sometimes still butts in and holds the wheel for me. It's frustrating. I can very much learn verbally. They don't have to actually do the driving for me. What more infuriating is that the second instructor kept on stepping on the break pedal on his seat. Siya na ang nagpepedal. I tried to let go of the break pedal at one point when there were no cars and when it was safe to do so just so I can see if he is the one stepping on the breaks. Turned out, he really is the one stepping on the breaks. It was infuriating.

When I was almost done with my second session, he taught me how to park the car. Technically though, he was the one stepping on the breaks and handling the steering wheel. When the car was parked he told me "Oh ayan ang galing mo kaya mo na magpark" and in mind I was like "EH IKAW NA KUYA YUNG GUMAWA LAHAT" but I was too tired to speak and cause commotion. And really, I didn't learn anything at all from our session.

I am pretty annoyed so far. If tomorrow during my third session they will still not let me handle the wheel on my own, I might complain already.

eilsel05

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #303 on: November 27, 2013, 03:12:17 pm »
I will recommend smart since natuto naman ako. :-)

sushiandshoes

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #304 on: December 04, 2013, 11:17:45 pm »
Hello! I'm currently enrolled in A1! 10 hours for Manual and 10 hours for automatic! So happy naman kahit orientation palang ako! I will start learning how to drive this Monday! I'm so excited! I also want to get a non-professional license na rin para makapag drive na ako anywhere! :)

superpinya

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2013, 09:02:43 am »
3 months lang pala validity ng 7 hrs ko sa smart driving. :( sayang huhu

purplemoon

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #306 on: December 06, 2013, 05:17:47 pm »
I'm currently enrolled in Smart for their 10-hour M/T course. I got the Smart course, wherein you can choose to have either just 1 instructor or 1 car for the duration of the course. I chose 1 instructor lang; I based my selection from a couple of blogs that I read which both had good feedback for the instructor. Pero ewan ko, parang yung experience ko hindi kasing ok as I was expecting, and not as good as the bloggers'.

Although hindi naman nya ko sinisigawan or sinasabihan outright na pangit ako magdrive, I can sense the disappointment in my instructor's voice everytime na mamamatayan ako ng makina, or mawawala ako sa lane, or may iba pang maling magawa. And in terms of the actual teaching / sharing of techniques, parang nakukulangan ako. Gusto ko kasi yung thorough magturo/lecture, parang ganito: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ykLgAV8lDw (I'm not sure kung saang driving school to, just found it in youtube.) Feeling ko kasi yung instructor ko, parang wala masyadong gana magturo.

Masyado lang kayang mataas yung expectation ko sa driving school/instructor? I'm thinking tuloy if ireretain ko ba yung instructor since naumpisahan ko na, or if ipapalit ko nalang for the remaining sessions.

odessa17

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #307 on: December 08, 2013, 08:24:36 pm »
Meron ba kayo feedback sa Jolour or any driving school sa mandaluyong? Gusto ko na matuto magdrive.  Nakalimutan ko na yun pinag aralan ko dati way back 2004 kasi hindi ko naman na practice. Ngayon need ko na. Sana matuto agad ako.

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #308 on: December 08, 2013, 10:22:58 pm »
If you're going to enrol at A1 Savemore Anonas Branch, I recommend Sir Albert and Kuya Jojo as driving instructors. :D Just make a request as you enrol. (:

sushiandshoes

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #309 on: December 10, 2013, 12:57:24 am »
Ako naman as A1 The Fort nagenroll!

Today was my first day. Okay naman kahit na medyo naiinis sa akin yung instructor haha! Hindi ko masyadong nasusunond mga instructions niya. Nalilito ako! Omg! Muntikan na nga kami mabangga sa poste eh! Omg. Ayoko na mag manual. Nakakatakot ahaha pero keri, kakayanin! Day 2 tomorrow and I'm still so excited! Shet.

meandmyhoney

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #310 on: December 12, 2013, 02:59:22 pm »
Any recommended instructor (smart driving) Caloocan branch??
Thanks sisses

how much na rate ng smart driving?

gorgeous_mommie

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #311 on: December 12, 2013, 06:41:46 pm »
any good and decent driving school recomendations here in binan laguna? thanks sisses!!!

Baby Madeline

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #312 on: December 16, 2013, 09:40:40 pm »
I really need to learn how to drive! It's super duper long overdue na! :'(

I'm based sa Alabang and I'm eyeing the following driving schools:

Gear1 (along Alabang-Zapote road, malapit sa BF Pilar)
SMART (along Alabang-Zapote road, malapit sa BF Almanza)
A1 Southmall branch
Socialites Starmall branch

May naka-experience ba kumuha ng driving lessons from these schools recently? My husband got both his beginner and refresher lessons at A1 so he's suggesting A1 kaso parang na-turn-off ako sa ibang reviews na naninigaw yung ibang A1 instructors. He didn't mention naman before na sinisigawan siya pero baka dahil lalaki siya? And hopeless na makuha from him yung naging previous instructors niya  ::)

Parang interesting yung Honda Driving Safety Center. Will check it out as well. Thank you! :-*
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:42:45 pm by Baby Madeline »

molybdenumstudios

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #313 on: December 16, 2013, 09:58:24 pm »
Sis Baby Madeline, mag-request ka kung sinong instructor ang gusto mo kapag A1.

If you're going to enrol at A1 Savemore Anonas Branch, I recommend Sir Albert and Kuya Jojo as driving instructors. :D Just make a request as you enrol. (:

Those are my suggestions, and I think this applies to ALL branches. (: *wink*

geekchiq

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #314 on: December 20, 2013, 08:21:04 pm »
^^i had mine at gear1. Mababait instructiors and they will teach you the basic. Pero I had mine sa may Muntinlupa branch but I think same instructors lang. Never naman ako nakaexperience na sinigawan. But basic lang talaga matutunan mo like sa akin 10 hours lang kinuha ko. I learned the techniques thru everyday driving.

Baby Madeline

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #315 on: December 20, 2013, 08:35:27 pm »
Thanks geekchiq and molybdenumstudios! I'll update here kung saan ako natuloy.  :)

sushiandshoes

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #316 on: December 26, 2013, 05:49:26 pm »
Tapos na ako sa 10 hour manual ko sa A1 and last day ko na ng automatic sa A1 rin! I love A1. I love how professional their instructors are! ♥

heyitschel

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #317 on: January 09, 2014, 12:13:10 am »
Quick question, ilang hours ang advisable to learn manual? 5 hrs or 10 hrs?

sushiandshoes

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #318 on: January 10, 2014, 04:07:54 pm »
Got my driver's license na (non professional) courtesy of A1!

purplemoon

  • Guest
Re: BEST DRIVING SCHOOL Thread 2
« Reply #319 on: January 15, 2014, 05:09:32 pm »
Quick question, ilang hours ang advisable to learn manual? 5 hrs or 10 hrs?

I think it depends on your learning curve sis. Most driving schools recommend a minimum of 10 hours for beginners, but some also have comprehensive courses na up to 30 hours. Ako I just finished with my manual driving lessons sa Smart, I got 16 hours pero feeling ko kelangan ko pa ng more hours haha!  :P Although my instructor was magaling and patient naman, but I really just need to practice more.


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close