watch now

Author Topic: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2  (Read 237084 times)

Prunella

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2012, 10:05:51 pm »
I think mine is starting to come out. OMG. I don't wanna go through extraction. :(

purrple

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2012, 08:02:03 pm »
Does anyone know the current mobile number of Dr. Uy? I've tried the old one but it seems to have changed already. My bf needs to have a difficult extraction and I trust that Dr. Uy is our best bet. I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

riandrew

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2012, 02:57:35 pm »
question for dr. uy's previous clients:
same day ba gagawin yung check up, panoramic xray, and extraction? balak ko kasi mag leave ng 1 day..

purrple

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2012, 03:25:48 pm »
Better to go for a consult first before the actual procedure so that you are prepared.  Make an appointment with him to sure he is in the clinic.  :)

riandrew

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2012, 04:07:30 pm »
^ thank you
i already called him yesterday, ok sana sked ko on sunday kaso sya naman daw ang out of town. so i think weekdays ako talaga pupunta.

Frozen Toes

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2012, 10:15:58 am »
question for dr. uy's previous clients:
same day ba gagawin yung check up, panoramic xray, and extraction? balak ko kasi mag leave ng 1 day..

No. First visit ko - panoramic x-ray and he gave me options kung yung katabing tooth eh ipapaextract ko na rin or root canal. He also made me take antibiotics for a few days before the day of the actual extraction. Second visit - extraction na.

riandrew

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2012, 10:18:40 am »
^ i see. dalawang visits pala talaga.
thanks dear  ;)

jessieboadilla

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2012, 02:49:14 pm »
mga sis, pwede pahingi ng contact numbers ni dr. uy and dr. tseng? and pano pumunta sa clinics nila from pasay rotonda, im from cavite pa kasi.

lonely-gurl

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2012, 02:57:23 pm »
Hi question Lang base sa experience nyo girls.. I had my 4 third molars removed last monday maga parin medyo makirot the until now Hindi ko mabuka mouth ko ng full half Lang.. And everytime open ko mouth ko may sensation na parang hinihila tongue ko and medyo numb parin till now left side
Ng tongue ko.. Normal Lang ba yun or need ko na mag worry? Girls may na experience ba Kayo na ganto?

dr.smile

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2012, 03:43:40 am »
Numb sensation is  paresthesia. It should be gone after few days.. Sometimes epekto ng local anesthesia. Wow. You are one brave girl to have 4 third molars removed in one day! Ordinary extraction lang ba eto? Most commonly medications are given.. You should have 1 wk post op recall with your Dentist. Kailan ang recall mo?


Post modified. Please use the ^ or @ sign instead of quoting long posts. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:19:49 am by mama squeak! »

jessieboadilla

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2012, 10:04:11 pm »
I am scheduled for wisdom tooth exraction on Monday. Nakakakaba! i have 2 impacted wisdom tooth pero sabi sakin one at a time lang ang pagtanggal. di sabay sabay. after a month na daw ulit. :)

FABems

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2012, 08:04:18 am »
Had my 2 wisdom tooth extracted yeterday left and right lower kay Dr Uy. Sabi niya kasi okay rin na sabay na rin tatanggalin para isang gamutan na lang. One tooth lasted for 30 minutes. Mabilis lang and ang pain lang na naramdaman ko eh yung pagturok ng anesthesia. Inuna yung sa right ko, sabi ko kapag wala akong naramdaman dun,isasabay ko na rin yung left. The procedure was so swift. So go ako sa left, and napansin niya na may infection or abcess yung sa left, medyo may kirot kasi nga infected pero mabilis lang rin natanggal. Buti na lang rin pinatanggal ko kahit di ako nakakaramdam ng sakit nuon kasi iniisip ko baka ito yung cause paminsan ng bad breath, so yun nga, may food debris nga raw na naipon dun sa right ko. Eeww lang pero buti na lang I had those removed na.

atrabida

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2012, 11:15:10 pm »
ever since my wisdom tooth was extracted, numb na yung tongue ko.

gaano na katagal na numb ang tongue mo? ako naman yung left side ng lip, at yung chin numb pa rin. sana mawala na numbness
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:11:47 am by atrabida »

Dacian

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2012, 06:37:22 pm »
@atrabida
ang tagal na.  years na nga eh.  so i don't expect na maaalis pa.

puglover

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #134 on: May 29, 2012, 10:18:18 am »
any recommended dentists ortigas area na di masyado mahal? thanks

billy

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #135 on: May 29, 2012, 10:32:51 am »
napost ko na yata before, yung daughter ko dalawa ang pina-extract, impacted din. kakainis dahil sa wisdom tooth na yan, nagcrowd ang lower teeth niya, pina-brace pa namin siya nung 10yrs old siya. ganda-ganda ng ngipin niya tapos biglang nag-crowd. ayun, after 7 years or so, balik-brace siya para magpantay uli

imyourangel

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2012, 05:48:53 pm »
If I'm not mistaken 3.5k yung bayad ko sa ortho ko. I had two wisdom teeth removed.

At first I was really reluctant since baka di ko kayanin. Pero need ko kasi I had braces. Hindi pa naman lumalabas yung wisdom teeth ko, kaya ang ginawa hiniwa yung gums saka kinuha yung nakabaon na teeth. Grabe!! Iniimagine ko nga afterwards, ano kaya feeling nun na hiwain yung gums ng walang anesthesia? Hahaha :D

Thank God I survived kahit may konting pamamaga a few days later! :)

purplewanderer

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2012, 12:25:08 pm »
Buti nalang I found this thread! Sayang at dapat pala nagresearch muna ako before having my first 2 impacted wisdom teeth removed. 10K each kasi dun sa doc ko sa Paranaque. Ang sakit sa bulsa. :(
Kailangan ko rin paalis yung 2 wisdom teeth naman sa other side, I think I'll try Dr. Uy since madaming good reviews and way cheaper pa. :D

I'm searching the net for more info on Dr. Uy and I found this: http://tontoronton.blogspot.ca/2011/04/goodbye-impacted.html
Hehe baka hubby niyo sya? Ang kulit lang ng blog! :D

newsoul

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2012, 06:27:42 pm »
Had my upper and lower left impacted wisdom teeth extracted na by dr.macasiray. He's really good and relaxed lang while doing the operation. Didnt feel pain pero mejo bleeding lang afterwards. Swollen din sha pero ice lang ang solusyon and other pain meds and antibiotics.Im doing my other two impacted teeth on my right side sa july 3 but before that they have to remove the sutures first. My wounds are beginning to heal slowly and i can go back to my regular activities soon :)

monkeybusiness

  • Guest
Re: Wisdom Tooth Extraction - Thread 2
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2012, 06:17:58 pm »
Sharing my Wisdom Tooth Extraction experience...

July 17 - my tooth ached so badly that I needed to take a leave from work.  Dentist said it was an impacted wisdom tooth (lower left) and has to be removed immediately.  Sabi nya I have to take pain reliever and antibiotic for 7 days before magawa yung procedure.  But before the procedure, I need to have a panoramic x-ray done first to check the severity, etc.

Dahil sobrang kulit ako and I don't want my SL na masayang, I went out to have my x-ray and for second opinion na rin.  In short, same yung diagnosis, odentectomy ang solution.  Two different surgeon but the charge was both P7000-P10000, depending on the result of x-ray.

Di pako nagconfirm for an appointment with the oral surgeon because I want to research first.  Good thing that GT never fails me talaga.  I saw the raves about Dr. Uy so i  tried researching more.  I found out that he has a clinic in QC (Panay corner Timog).  I did contact Dr. Uy directly and fortunately meron sya clinic sa Panay today (July 18).  I made an appointment for extraction agad.

July 18- My appointment was 10am.  Around 9:15 we were already in the clinic.  Around 9:30am dumating na si Doc with her GF(?).  Procedure started at 9:45.  Positive point na agad kasi I was expecting late sya dadating (you know, doctors).

Through the x-ray that I have, he explained to me everything.  Nakakatakot lang yung anesthesia at start pero no worries kasi may topical anesthesia naman.  Yung sakin naramdaman ko lang yung turok kasi mine is infected, may pus/abscess kaya daw masakit.

Some doctors kasi wait for the antibiotic course to be finished first before doing the procedure for the reason that they want the infection (pus) to be drained before the surgery.  Kaso ang nagiging problem with that is sometimes hindi 100% nung infection is nadadala ng antibiotic, may natitira pa rin kaya during the procedure itself, masakit pa rin kahit may anesthesia na.

Again, mine was infected and with pus/abscess na.  Sabi nya ayaw na nya rin hintayin to finish the antibiotic that I'm taking kasi nga naman after the procedure I need to take another set of those for the wound.  Gusto daw nya for his patients, iirrigate na agad yung abscess during the procedure itself thru the anesthesia to not prolong the agony anymore.  So yung sakin pagka-inject ng anesthesia, he washed/irrigated yung infection and made sure na wala nang abscess before starting the procedure.  When he was taking those out, mejo masakit pero parang kagat lang naman ng langgam.  He washed it about 4 times hanggang sa wala na ako nararamdaman at all, and he said it was because all the pus was out already.Then he proceeded with the extraction.  I just felt pressure but NO PAIN at all.  My procedure took about 30 mins only.

The only problem that I encountered was that the anesthesia wore off so quickly (masakit na sya 20 mins after the procedure) to the fact that nasa cab pa lang kami sobrang sumakit na agad.  As in super sakit to the point na tumutulo na kusa yung luha ko.  Dumaan kami drugstore to buy the meds (pain reliever and Hemostan).  Nakainom nako ng Ponstan pero walang effect.  I texted him right away.  He was shocked kasi sobrang bilis naman daw mawala effect saken.  He told me to just eat something cold, apply cold compress and the pain will be gone on its own.  That's the most painful thing na naencounter ko talaga.  Pero it's not the fault of the doctor.  I believe it has something to do with my metabolism, etc.

The pain went away after a few hours.  I'm taking Ponstan every 4 hours just to relieve my pain.  So far I have no bleeding, sana tuloy tuloy na.

Overall, my experience with Dr. Uy was superb (except that the anesthesia wore off too quickly; of course it's not his fault).  Not to mention that his service is so cheap.

and Oh by the way, I would agree with our sisses here, he's so charming as well as his GF.  Not really sure if she's her GF, hehe, pero they're so perfect together :). 


 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close