watch now

Author Topic: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7  (Read 206531 times)

guavaorchard

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #320 on: October 08, 2016, 07:55:09 am »
Last year nung nagkaroon ako ng maraming pimples (yung tipong may pus and blood) ito lang yung ginamit ko: Dove bar (yung for sensitive skin) in the morning tapos Belo kojic soap at night. Plus moisturizer (di ko matandaan kung ano yun basta yung normal moisturizer, nothing fancy) at sunscreen. Pansin ko kasi sa skin ko pag marami akong nilalagay mas lalong lumalala. Buti na lang gumana yung routine na ito sa akin. May pimples pa rin ako pero paisa-isa na lang (usually pag malapit na period ko) at hindi naman sobrang laki.

glorifiedkusinera_MD

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #321 on: October 14, 2016, 03:56:16 am »
Hello girls. First time ko magreply sa mga Comments dito, though I've been reading threads if there's anything I would like to try para sa mga legit reviews.

Allow me to share my experience with breakouts. During my early teenage years I had breakout na, around 2nd to 3rd year high school and got rid of it using Cetaphil bar soap. After that kinis na skin ko, hindi ako pimple prone kahit na may times i would go to bed without washing my face. Hindi rin ako sensitive sa kahit anong makeup ilagay sa skin ko.

Until 3 years ago, I started using Mac face powder and had one big cystic pimple on my cheek. It disappeared, then nalipat sa other side. Nun nawala na sila, i noticed tiny bumps sa forehead ko so i decided to discontue using the product. Medyo nag worry na ako nun, so i bought Body shop tea tree oil and facial wash but did me no good. It actually got worse. So I just used Cetaphil bar again, hoping it was just like nun high school ako. Then I went to a dermatologist, she pricked my pimples and prescribed an antibiotic toner and oral doxycycline for a week. She said continue Lang with Cetaphil. I didn't return to her because after that mas lumala breakout ko. After nun natakot na ko magpaderma. So I decided to treat it on my own. From VMV products, just Cetaphil, Apple cider toner, epiduo, etc. Nothing worked for me. It was a cycle of having cystic acne every 2 months. Basta sobrang lala. After a year I decided to consult a derma (different from the first). I had my skin peeled Yun black peel tawag nila and Tetralysal antibiotic. She also prescribed me with antibiotic toner and tretinoin. Nag clear yun skin ko talaga but after 3 months ganun pa rin. I began to have cystic acne na namaaan, one after the other. Basta everyday may bagong tubo. Huhu.

I was thinking of taking isotret na kaya lang sobrang high maintenance, wala ako time nun plus I don't have work para makabili. Then I read from a journal of dermatology in the US of what spironolactone (Aldactone) can do. It is actually an anti hypertensive/Diuretic pero an aldosterone blocker din (high aldosterone levels may cause pimples too.) There had been studies showing na for those who doesn't want to take isotret, this could be an option lalo na if the root problem of acne is pcos or any hormonal disorder. I don't have pcos though. But I tried it Kasi sobrang desperate ko na nun. I took 50mg tablet once a day, it costs 28.50. Still less expensive if nag isotret ako. According to the journal, you would notice the effect after 3 months daw. But in my case, 1 month pa lang nagstart na mag clear skin ko. :) sinabayan ko din pala sya nun S. O. S (clarithromycin solution) na nilalagay ko sa area na may pimples lang. I started taking it last May. If ever magka pimple man ako, ang liit na lang. Unlike dati na magkakadikit sila and cystic. By August sobrang laki na ng improvement. Pimple marks na lang and yun pa isa isa na pimples everytime na magkakaron na ko. Really happy with the result!!!! Not sure though Kasi nabasa ko sa reviews nun iba, some lost weight while others gained. Ako  I gained weight. Pero it made my breast bigger and butt ko rin. Yun kasi napansin Friends ko. I dunno if it's because of the medicine or baka nag gain lang talaga ako. Pero wala na kasi ako pakialam kahit tumaba ako basta importante nawala yun breakout ng face ko. Hehe!

geraldita03

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #322 on: October 14, 2016, 12:00:33 pm »
^ano nga ulit tinake mo sis?

geraldita03

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #323 on: October 14, 2016, 12:05:10 pm »
Hi mga sis! I wanna share about my regimen which is effective for me in drying my pimples. Carrot health soap lang at Klenzit CMS. I don't moisturize kasi takot ako magka pimples. I drink more water nalang at fish oil. Sometimes i drink conzace. Before i used cetaphil cleanser but it made my pimples worse kaya nag Carrot health soap nalang [textspeak!]. As of now, dry na pimples q s forehead. Marks nalang ngayon. By the way, i switched to anti dandruff shampoo na din and i used moringa o2 conditioner. 😊

honeybunny

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #324 on: October 14, 2016, 09:55:55 pm »
^^^over the counter yan sis? anong brand?

angel..

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #325 on: October 15, 2016, 03:06:07 pm »
@glorifiedkusinera_MD spironolactone sounds like something that needs to be prescribe in order for you to be able to purchase it. I see this med on acne.org pero iniignore ko lang kasi mukhang kailangan ng prescription. Did you get yours sa Pinas?

glorifiedkusinera_MD

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #326 on: October 15, 2016, 03:41:48 pm »
Bought several times na at Mercury Drug and Southstar. They didnt ask for prescription.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3315877/

That's the link to the research study I have read. I suggest that if anyone has plans of taking it, read this muna thoroughly. And of course, ask your doctor.

Ako honestly, hindi na ko nag ask advice sa derma. I just checked on my potassium level before taking it kasi it has an adverse effect of hyperkalemia. Then nagpa laboratory ulit ako just to monitor my potassium. After 3 months of taking the 50mg dose, i decreased the dosage to 25 mg. Didnt experience any major side effect, except sa weight gain.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 03:51:34 pm by glorifiedkusinera_MD »

martiella

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #327 on: October 26, 2016, 08:47:47 pm »
Sis, yung rejuv set mo kay dr alvin ba yan.diba na face out na yan yung kojic set na ang bago nila. Hindi kase ako nahiyang sa kojic set nila sa rejuv lang talaga. Sana ibalik na lang yung rejuv set.

budzwhiz

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #328 on: October 26, 2016, 11:38:45 pm »
^^ May kasabihan nga tayo, don't try to fix what ain't broken. Madalas din sakin mangyari yan, yung okay naman yung ginagamit ko, okay na yung skin ko, tapos matetempt mag-try ng iba. Sa huli magsisisi lang na sumubok pa ng iba. Lesson talaga lalo na sa skincare yung sticking with what works for you. Wag magpadala sa mga trend trend lalo pa't skincare naman is YMMV. ;D

sassy_gal18

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #329 on: October 27, 2016, 08:34:48 am »
True that sis budzwiz, pero sana after ng pimps ko mahiyang ako sa k.skincare. Kasi gusto ko yung glow na hatid eh.

Ah kaya pala bagsak presyo rejuv set kasi may bago na. Nabili ko saken sis sa quaipo yun mga stall mga pampaganda. 140 lang bili ko sa rejuv set pero yung isa 350 daw ayun pala yung bago. Haha inookray ko pa si ateng tindera. 😂Sabi nya kasi pareho daw yun sabi ko naman hindi kaya ate. Haha

pocahontas

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #330 on: October 31, 2016, 05:09:33 pm »
my skin broke out 3 weeks ago dahil sa pond's. complete skincare lineup ba naman ginamit ko e di pimples galore. ang ginawa ko nag switch muna ko to cetaphil gentle cleansing bar tapos eskinol with clindamycin morning and evening. aside from those two wala na muna ko ginamit na ibang products sa face ko even sunblock (i know, my bad). within 1 week my pimples cleared up. ngayon yung scars na lang problema ko kung pano magfade. tiis ganda lang talaga kasi 1 week no makeup pero ok lang kesa ma-irritate lalo face ko.

FOURever

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #331 on: October 31, 2016, 08:40:40 pm »
Hmmm. Mukhang gusto ko itry spironolactone. Interesting. Especially on me. I had history of pcos. Pero regular na ako now and tagal na ng last pcos checkup ko. Tinigil na rin pills ko. And 8years na akong regular. I dont think i need to take pills ulit to control unless may anti-androgen na pure. Let me know...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 08:42:16 pm by FOURever »

Stormblessed

  • Guest
Deep Acne Scars (Laser Resufacing)
« Reply #332 on: November 10, 2016, 11:19:19 pm »
Hello everyone!

This is going to be a long post. I've been a long time lurker here. Finally decided to make my first post after reading any information I saw regarding acne/acne scar correction.

I'm one of the unfortunate ones who went through a long battle with cystic acne (I still break out from time to time). I think I've spent thousands on countless treatments already. I went to some of the best dermas, though admittedly I'm lazy when it comes to skin care regimes. So partly this is all my fault (oh regrets) haha. I also did the full course of Accutance before (again few of the 1/3 (according to my derma (s)) who went into relapse after a couple of years.

I am now much better. I get occasional breakouts but nothing serious. Unfortunately, I'm left with a scarred face and it's really taking a big hit on my self-esteem. You just feel eeky all the time.

I have all types of scars (box, rolling and ice. Weee 😂) I already did a couple of tca cross for the ice pick scars, about 5 sessions of derma roller (derma pen) and recently subsicion. Although I saw improvement, it's nothing significant. I know there's no 100% cure for but even 40-60% improvement would be welcomed.

I am determined to undergo laser resurfacing. I've been asking around for the best lasers out there so any help/recommendation would be greatly appeciated. (My current derma doesn't have a laser except for pixel.)

I'm currently torn between Fraxel Co2 and Sciton. I've researched that lasers are mostly about the brand of machines.

I inquired in Belo (through email) regarding their Fraxel laser and they said they have the Erbium Yag Laser. Medical City according to my research has the sole Sciton laser in the PH. I've heard that this promises great results but has a very long downtime.

I have a very high pain tolerance and I really don't mind the downtime. As for the cost, well if it works then I'll just close my eyes and wing it haha

Anyone tried these lasers?

Thank you for reading my overly long post haha Any reply would greatly appreciated.

fashtag

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #333 on: November 26, 2016, 07:36:40 pm »
Sa very rare times that I get pimples, I don't usually do or apply anything.  It only happens when i have my period anyway.  This time, I read lang that baking soda does something to the ph balance of the skin so i used, and massaged on my face and i don't know if its just placebo, the pimple i have on my right cheek just subsided. 

mango_shake

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #334 on: November 26, 2016, 08:55:41 pm »
i used to have cystic pimples din. so after reading your posts, i ended up having this regimen which suits me so far..

morning - i use tea tree soap and vitamin e soap from healthy options. yelo after. then tea tree toner from the bodyshop.

pm - safeguard pink, tea tree soap and vitamin e soap. then i use, maxipeel and acv solution alternately. if may pimple na susulpot, i use maxipeel.

so far it works. nagkakapimples pa rin ako but not like the way it used to. pa-isa-isa and maliliit na lang sya. and my officemates noticed na clearer ang face ko unlike before. i used to hide behind heavy bb creams and face powder. i still use bb cream but yun hindi na ganun ka heavy, i can even use loose powder na lang after. prob lang talaga si mabagal siya makatanggal ng pimple marks but so far ok na sya sakin. my goal lang naman talaga before is pano matitigil ang pimples ko. kung wala pimples, walang pimple marks.  ;D ngayon, i just need to find solution para mas mabilis matanggal pimple marks. careful lang ako. ayoko na ng madami pimles.. lol.

sassy_gal18

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #335 on: November 30, 2016, 06:59:25 pm »
So yeah, yung rejuvenating set nakatulong para matuyo ang mga pimples ko sa cheeks and chin and some on my forehead. Those parts I mentioned are very rare tubuan ng pimple until this year lang. 

But after I finished up my 1 set of rejuv set, skin colored bumps na super itchy started to appear again on my forehead. Then one by one nagiging cystic pimples sila.

 narealize ko sige babalik na ko sa derma. May medyo rant ako about sa derma na yun sa ibang thread. Going back, she recommended kojic soap sa affected areas lang, 4% erythromycin gel sa mga mapupula at magang pimples,  at .5% acne cream sa mga skin colored bumps na feeling ko tretinoin lang din naman.

It's my 4th day of using those pamahid na, those skin colored bumps are starting to dried up pero may pailan ilan pa rin ang namamaga at namumula. I am starting to lose hope here na pero sige I will this regimen a week.

tischarmedlife

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #336 on: December 01, 2016, 05:03:04 pm »
I recently had breakouts din and walang um-effect sa mga previous soaps na nagamit ko like Carrot soap nor tea tree soap. Since I was in a panic mode na talaga, I heed my uncle's advise to use a sulfur soap.  ;D
In two weeks, isa na lang tumubo na bagong pimple. Scars na lang muna iisipin ko paano mawala agad  :P

bluebeads

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #337 on: December 02, 2016, 05:05:50 am »
Have you guys tried a toner with witch hazel? Super effective niya for me, I don't get breakouts.

Also, when I have a pimple or two (this might sound weird) but I put a dab of white toothpaste and it heals faster, if not naman, I use Tea Tree Oil - one dot! hehe

About the white toothpaste, I've seen this online on beauty hacks, etc.
The first celebrity na dun ko talagay natutunan tong toothpaste is kay Alicia Silverstone hehe

justuazon

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #338 on: February 13, 2017, 01:23:12 pm »
Ano ba yung tawag sa tiny bumps na walang kulay, di naman sya pimples talaga pero marami sa noo ko at sa cheeks, di ko lam pano matanggal any help mga sis :(

Ireneeeeee

  • Guest
Re: All About Pimples & Acne - Thread 7
« Reply #339 on: February 16, 2017, 04:08:41 pm »
recently discovered about pimple patches. I must say ok na ok pala sya sa mga cystic acne nakakadry agad! I tried next care then cosrx next..

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close