watch now

Author Topic: best dsl connection  (Read 100162 times)

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2013, 01:02:46 pm »
^magkano ang 3MBPS ng Globe sis? thanks!

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2013, 01:33:51 pm »
php1499/month sis :) with landline na yan

hisana

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2013, 04:38:40 pm »
Called the hotline about it. It's worse than I thought. I'm charged with an extra unli BB add-on,  activated daw eh yung free calls to TM and globe which I did not avail of, plus locked in pa ako ng 24 months. Gad, where the hell did they get that information. I availed of the basic 1299 plan with absolutely no add-ons, lock in period for 12 months only. Ang simple lang, di ba. Tsaka theoretically, if they're charging me an extra 99, so dapat lock-in lang nya is 12 months lang talaga (not 24 months, if free). So bakit I'm charged with the extra 99 AND I'm locked in for 24 months?! Tapos they're saying hindi pwede yung downgrade ng length of contract. Eh kung sana ginawa nila trabaho nila ng mabuti, I wouldn't be in this situation.

Grabe, the incompetence.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 04:50:31 pm by hisana »

msals2007

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2013, 07:43:40 am »
Ako nag avail ng unli calls sa globe and TM. P99 per month nga yun but they offered na free na lang basta I extend my locked in period, i cant remember if for another year o 6 months lang ata eh. I agreed naman so hindi na nila ko chinacharge ng P99 for the unli calls to Globe and TM.

Ang napansin ko lang na nakakasar sa kanila they add charges pag late ang bayad mo. Last month kasi na delay ako ng bayad i think for 2 weeks ata. When my latest bill arrived, may charge ako nasa 40 pesos ata. Sila lang ang utilities na nagchacharge for late payment parang credit card naman. To think na di ba may advance payment naman tayo kasi upon installation you have to pay one month advance. Hindi ko na lang tinawagan wala na din namang mangyayari baka mastress lang ako. Lesson learned na lang wag mag palate ng bayad. Grabe tlaga ang globe. Pero i think mas grabe pa rin ang PLDT.

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2013, 10:25:54 am »
hisana, how did you apply? kasi when i applied, they were pretty transparent with me na 24 months lock in period, free globe and TM calls, etc etc.. even the installer briefed me about this.

hisana

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2013, 11:07:46 am »
little_princess, I applied through their website and an agent got in touch with me. The irritating thing is, the agent, the installer, and another guy over the phone all offered the free calls with 24-month lock-in period, and I repeatedly said no, no, no to all of them. So okay, 12 months lock-in lang daw kung ganun. I said, fine, that's exactly what I want. I said I'll be availing of the 1299 package without any add-ons. So I was really surprised na ganito lalabas sa bill. Para saan pa yung paulit-ulit na confirmation, mali naman pala ilalagay. And now they're saying they don't do downgrades. So ako pa pala ngayon may kasalanan! I don't know who screwed up, but I have email confirmation that I did not avail of any add-ons when I applied online, kaya hindi ako papayag talaga.

msals2007, thanks for the warning, ganun pala sila. Di rin ako totally happy with PLDT's customer service kasi ang baaagal, but in the years I had my account, I very rarely had problems with billing or the phone and DSL connection itself. Pag nagkaproblema nga lang eh sobrang tagal ayusin tsaka complicated pa minsan. Hay, mukhang every provider talaga has its major problems.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 04:51:35 pm by hisana »

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2013, 11:52:17 am »
make a complain and talk to their manager na lang if you have proof (show them the email) and tell them to find a way to fix it. madaya naman kasi yan kasi they we'ren't transparent with you. sana i won't have the same problem when our billing arrives

cody23

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2013, 09:31:16 pm »
@hisana i have a similar problem with them but was quite some time ago, they added a feature which i didn't request , can't remember exactly what it is, good thing was i have a copy of the application form with me stating what type of plan/service i availed only, they have no choice but to refund those they had billed me for.

hisana

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2013, 07:22:20 pm »
cody23, good for you. I'm starting to think I won't be as lucky. Got an update on my complaint only now, after so many days. Tapos, instead of offering a reasonable solution, pinaikot-ikot lang ako, kesyo the BB Bundle is not an add-on. What the f*****g hell does he mean by that, so lahat ng new accounts may automatic na BB Bundle? Because that's the only explanation that makes sense with what he just said. And don't they have a record of my online application? Dun pa lang, klaro na what I signed up for.

To add, may mali raw sa info. Fine. This, I'm blaming the agent. Texted her, she's not replying. Well, nakuha na nga naman na kasi akong client, bakit pa nga ba sya mage-effort to help me out now ::).  Warning lang to anyone who wants to apply for anything sa globe: Just go to the center and apply there. Wag sa agents, wag sa website ng globe. Go to the center and do it in person, otherwise you'll probably suffer the same fate.

I wonder kung konti lang ba ang employees ng globe, or disorganized lang talaga sila, or they're really just all about the money.

I swear, the moment my lock-in period is over, never ever again.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:28:13 pm by hisana »

cody23

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2013, 10:44:41 pm »
^ hope you'll get your problem resolved soon, hassle nga talaga yan. I just applied for a globe dsl at one of our place yesterday (via phone to your customer service), wala naman na metion about BB plans, hope hindi nga siya hidden package, they offered the unli calls to globe and tm for p99 (since i want 12 months lock in lang) or free daw if 24 months locked-in, and also the wireless router if i want to avail. Hope things will go smoothly.

hisana

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2013, 12:06:36 am »
^
Thanks, and good luck, minalas lang talaga ako sa kanila. Unahan mo na, pagdating pa lang ng installer, say that you don't want the BB Bundle! :P Globe is so slow to take action, even slower than pldt. Hay, kung alam ko lang. Nasa huli ang pagsisisi. I don't wanna pay for something I'm not gonna use, kahit 99 pesos lang sya. But one very good thing though is I'm satisfied with the internet connection itself. Aba, kung pati ba naman yun eh unreliable, ewan ko na lang.

little_princess

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2013, 09:33:34 am »
so far ok naman connection namin with globe, we got our billing na and may bb bundle na naka charge but then they reversed it as well.

babythug28

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2013, 09:45:24 am »
we're PLDT subscribers for as long as i can remember. pero recently their service sucks. it's been a week since nagreklamo kami about our landline and internet connection.
up to now nganga pa din kami. i'm just using my smart mobile to browse (naka wifi ang laptop sa phone).

and prior to this. we also waited 1 week para lang mapalitan yung nasirang modem nila. grabe!

freelancer

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2013, 03:46:27 am »
may bandwidth cap na din ba sa globe? for smart kasi 15gb lang :( ang hassle na magdownload.

cody23

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2013, 01:02:10 pm »
^ yes meron

izzie7

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #195 on: October 06, 2013, 11:56:59 pm »
Ang bagal ng pldt dsl namin, plan 999 dapat 1.5 mbps pero .86 lang. Tapos nag ask ko kung pwede maupdate na yung modem namin since sobrang tagal na, pwede daw dalin lang siya sa business center tapos papalitan, when i called again para ideliver na lang may bayad na daw. Ang labo lang nila kausap. Free naman yung modem sa new subscribers pero sa sobrang tagal na may bayad buti sana kung mabilis yung net, plus may pupunta daw para macheck kung bakit mabagal wala namang dumating. Ang poor ng services dito magaling lang sila pag magaalok at mag send ng bill and disconnection notice pero ang services naman walang kwenta.

tiggerlily

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2013, 04:03:00 am »
@babythug28 & @izzie7 saan ang area nyo? bayantel kami ngayon and lately naiinis na kami kay bayantel to the point na gusto na rin namin bumalik kay pldt. globe is not an option kasi congested na sya sa area namin.

mom.of.inchikoy

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2013, 01:29:40 pm »
Im not sure if this is the right thread... Ask ko lang if any of you mga sis experience na hindi umabot yung wifi connection sa 2nd floor (if nasa ground floor modem-router) or sa ground floor (if nasa 2nd floor naman yung modem router). Ano ginawa nyo?
Nag pa ka it kasi ako ng sky, and so far ok speed. Yun lang yung area ng coverage ng router hindi abot sa ibang area ng bahay.

cody23

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2013, 02:06:36 pm »
^ there are a lot of factor to consider to determine the maximum wifi signal

- structure of the house (grnd flr / 2nd flr) - is it wood? concrete? acoustic? or others
- type of wifi router / ap used - some have greater distance than other
- interference / traffic on the wifi channel you are using
- distance

there are application you can use on your mobile to test the area of wifi signal to get better location

some wifi router/ap gives you option for connecting external antenna to boost its distance

another option would be to put additional access point or repeater.

freelancer

  • Guest
Re: best dsl connection
« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2013, 06:08:54 pm »
^would you know ilan yung limit ng globe? I thought sa mga wireless lang yung fair user policy so pati yung globe dsl meron na din pala.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close