watch now

Author Topic: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II  (Read 219631 times)

chardonnay

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #120 on: February 19, 2011, 03:06:52 am »
Hi sisses,
Anyone here who feeds their baby Royal Canin? I tried switching to it from friskies kaso parang napansin ko mahina na kain nya. I am thinking na katulad ng sabi ng iba na since it's premium, the cats tend to get full in lesser amount. Kaso parang pumapayat naman si ming ming ko. Parang gusto ko na tuloy bumili uli ng friskies and isabay na lang. Anyone who has the same experience? Anong mas okay gawin?

Thanks!

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #121 on: February 19, 2011, 06:48:03 am »
I feed my cats RC. I used to feed them friskies but they started getting mouth sores. I switched to RC as recommended by my vet. Since then nawala yung sores nila & their poop/pee is not as smelly as before. As to their appetite, magana sila kumain. What I do I give them RC mixed with wet cat food for breakfast. Lunch & dinner nila is purely RC.

chardonnay

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2011, 02:10:48 pm »
^tnx sis! I'll try introducing more wet food siguro. As per experience ko naman, sa whiskas  nagkakasugat sya sa tenga. I twice a day ko na rin pansamantala yung vitamins nya.

snix

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2011, 04:04:09 pm »
mga sis yung baby ko meow ng meow ilang araw na to the point na hindi na kami makatulog..

he gets plenty of food water and tlc from us so i don't think that's the problem.. tinignan ko kung napaaway o kung may sugat wala namab, ano kaya problema eh usually tahimik lang siya

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2011, 05:03:54 pm »
^Hindi naman kaya in heat sya?

chardonnay

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2011, 02:29:03 am »
^ I second da motion :D

Does she wants to be touch/pet? Tipong pag hinimas himas mo eh feel na feel nya and she rolls pa? ;D Does she sort of offer her behind by sitting na medyo nakaangat yung but area while her tail is positioned sideways? Does she makes ngawngaw (like how my baby sounds) at the top of her lungs?

If yes, congratulations! Welcome to a series of sleepless nights  :o
may dalaga ka na.

hannab80

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2011, 02:13:09 pm »
^i agree.

the first time na nag-heat yung cat ko, hindi nya kami pinatulog sa ingay nya. then this month, sabi ng dad ko i-pa stud ko na daw para hindi na maingay. and now, i am hoping na maka-conceive sya.

excited na maging lola

chardonnay

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2011, 02:42:23 pm »
^ haha congrats sis. Si chin chin ko di pa pwede, 7 mos pa lang sya and aga nya nagladi, 5 mos!!! grabe tagal pa nang hintayin ko  :-\

hannab80

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2011, 05:13:07 pm »
^ thanks sis!

i would know by this week kung successful ang pregnancy nya.

Pink_Sugar

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2011, 12:49:00 am »
first time ko mag alaga ng kitten, napulot ko lang kasi sya siguro mga 2-3 weeks old sya (mulat na ang eyes nya), nakahandusay kasi sya sa tubig sa side walk tapos naiyak sya, parang wala na syang lakas, as in nakahiga na lang sya tapos nabuka bibig nya kasi naiyak sya. naawa naman ako kasi alam ko may magagawa ako. nung una di ako maka-decide kung pupulutin ko ba o hindi.
binigyan ko sya cerelac pero parang nagdiarrhea sya. so bumili ako sa vet ng biomilk (for kittens and puppies). bihasa ako mag alaga ng puppy kasi since 2005 nag aalaga na ako ng mga anak ng mga aso ko. may mga special treatment ba na kelangan or same lang pag aalaga sa puppy? 2 days na sya sa akin.

krisslim

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2011, 03:52:29 pm »
Kudos to you sis pink_sugar..  :)

Ako den nagaampon ng mga kuting sa kalye pero yung mga naampon ko siguro mga 1 month na. CatSip milk lang saka kitten food ang pinapakaen ko sa kanila. Tingen ko wala namang pinagkaiba ang pagaalaga ng puppies sa kitten halos same lang. Dont forget to bring her/him sa vet for deworming.  :)

Pink_Sugar

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2011, 04:47:47 pm »
^sadly namatay na din sya this morning sis.  :'( nilibing na ni bf sa garden.

omneecka

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2011, 05:55:57 pm »
ouch! nakakalungkot naman yan sis..   :(

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2011, 06:28:23 pm »
^^oh, so sorry to hear that! :(

trishpassing

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2011, 02:01:14 am »
Hello sissies

I'm new here. And I am addicted reading threads here in FN. I am glad to came across this thread. I am a "naynay" for 7 lovely cats (no breed cats). Recently, one of my mother cats died of poisoning (who ever did that to her, may karma get him/her). Anyway, this mommy cat left me with a new born baby kitty. I have been a pet owner since I was a little but this is the very first time I took care of a week old baby kitty.

Hopia (Hope - ia), as I fondly call him, can now pee and poop. I've read that you just have to stroke the kitty's back softly to make them weewee or poop. But my problem is, I feel like I am not giving her enough food. Though she sleeps right after I give her milk, I feel like I should give her more. I feel sorry for her for being an orphan in such an early age.

Does anyone know where I can find KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement)? I've been looking for days now and I can't seem to find one. And a nursing bottle too. I want her to suck the milk instead of using syringe. I feel like she's very uncomfortable with it.

I want her to live. That's why I name her Hopia, with the word HOPE in it.

raven03

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2011, 03:50:17 am »
^That's great girl! I hand raised an abandoned kitten myself, pero 3 weeks na siya then. KMR is hard to come by at least dito sa MidEast, pero you can prolly get it from the vets in the Philippines. When we got the kitten hubby and I checked youtube videos to see how they should be raised every week of their life, kasi super important yan until 12 weeks.

I have the best wishes for Hopia! You guys can make it. =D

trishpassing

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2011, 12:42:19 pm »
Thanks for the response raven03.

My mom woke me up early today worrying too much about Hopia. She's not drinking her milk daw and she's wet. So I hurriedly went to her box and she's cold nga because she's on top of her wiwi.

So Hopia and I went outside to give her a little sunshine (yes, just like a new born baby) and my other kitty "jampong" is right beside her, probably making Hopia warm. I am glad that Jampong is not jealous and seem sensitive to Hopia's needs.

I am praying before I sleep for God and his angels to make her warm all night. I know I sound ridiculous saying that but just like a mom, I want her to grow fast and enjoy the wonderful, playful life of a healthy kitty.

Tomorrow, I'll be in QC still in search of some KMR and a nursing bottle.

raven03

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2011, 04:37:59 am »
Naku, yung mga kwento mo reminds me of my early days with our cat. I used a small fan heater to keep him warm when he was little. Lagyan mo na lang siya madaming blanket or put a warm bottle under her blankets to warm her up.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2011, 07:41:17 am »
^^If you can drop by Tiendesitas you can check out the pet supply stores there. I remember some earlier post that there is a branch of Vets in Practice there. If not try to drop by at their hospital (yes, it's a hospital na) in Mandaluyong near the city hall. They're open 24/7 and the vets there are very good.

 :)

trishpassing

  • Guest
Re: CAT: Food, Health, Care Tips,Supplies,Toys etc.. Part II
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2011, 01:16:28 am »
 :( Hopia joined her Creator yesterday morning. I know Hopia's in good hands now together with her mom. :(

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close