Author Topic: Is eating less rice will make you slimmer?  (Read 225058 times)

hushush

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Is eating less rice will make you slimmer?
« Reply #580 on: March 03, 2017, 12:11:05 pm »
Ang pagkakaintindi ko sa tanong ng TS : "is eating less rice make you slimmer?"

Given na SLIM ka (on your own disposition) and you are eating the same amount of food and physical activities, say 1800-2000cal per day, then bigla mo binawasan yung rice intake mo daily let say for 1month..ang sagot ko dyan ay Yes..you will be SLIMMER.. :)

But if you are overweight (or hindi slim) and eating the same amout of food or carbs at bigla ka nagbawas ng rice intake mo for at least one month, it wont make you slimmer, but may cause you to drop some weight or binge more on bad carbs (pasta, bread, pastries, junks, sweets) to compensate for the sudden decrease in rice consumptiom. :)
importante yung starting weight, eating habit at physical activity para masabi natin kung yes or no..some will say No kasi nga depende yan kung anong weight mo nun nagbawas ka ng rice AT kung gaano karaming rice ang binawas mo sa usual mong kinakain.... :)

If you cant cut or give it up, you may substitute your white rice with colored ones like: balatinao rice, brown, red, black and pink.. :)

NeilRudecat

• GirlTalker
  • The Truth on Informed Choice & Women Empowerment!
« Reply #581 on: March 03, 2017, 04:19:33 pm »
No.  I don't think it will make you slimmer.  If you lose weight and get slimmer, it wasn't because you ate less rice.

What can make you gain weight is when you eat fried rice.  Again, it's not the rice.  It's the oil that will make you fat.

Eating rice in it's unpolished polished form (like the Brown or Red variety) can, in fact, make you slimmer. 

This myth about a Low Carbohydrates Diet and other Fad Diets began in the 2000's by some Western Cardiologist writing about The South Beach Diet

Myth: Grain products such as bread, pasta, and rice are fattening. I should avoid them when trying to lose weight.

Fact: A grain product is any food made from wheat, rice, oats, cornmeal, barley, or another cereal grain. Grains are divided into two subgroups, whole grains and refined grains. Whole grains contain the entire grain kernel?the bran, germ, and endosperm. Examples include brown rice and whole-wheat bread, cereal, and pasta. Refined grains have been milled, a process that removes the bran and germ. This is done to give grains a finer texture and improve their shelf life, but it also removes dietary fiber, iron, and many B vitamins.

People who eat whole grains as part of a healthy diet may lower their chances of developing some chronic diseases. Government dietary guidelines advise making half your grains whole grains. For example, choose 100 percent whole-wheat bread instead of white bread, and brown rice instead of white rice. The For More Information section offers helpful links to these guidelines and the ChooseMyPlate website, which provides information, tips, and tools on healthy eating.

TIP: To lose weight, reduce the number of calories you take in and increase the amount of physical activity you do each day. Create and follow a healthy eating plan that replaces less healthy options with a mix of fruits, veggies, whole grains, protein foods, and low-fat dairy:

- Eat a mix of fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products, fruits, veggies, and whole grains.
- Limit added sugars, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and saturated fat.
- Eat low-fat protein: beans, eggs, fish, lean meats, nuts, and poultry.

The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Health Information Center
https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/weight-control/myths/Pages/weight-loss-and-nutrition-myths.aspx
(http://)

wandergirl1980

• GirlTalker
« Reply #582 on: March 03, 2017, 07:20:13 pm »
Matakaw din ako sa rice but since bumibigat na ako I decided to avail the low carb diet program of sexy chef. Walang rice, pasta, or bread as in puro ulam lang and lunch and dinner. Sa breakfast nagr-rice ako pero half na lang. Nung first 2 days nagugutom talaga ako. Pero ng sumunod na mga araw ok na. Nung Monday lang ako nag-start. From 106 naging 101 lbs na as of weigh in ko today. So i think it's not getting rid of rice per se ang magpapabawas ng weight but reduce carb intake talaga :)

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #583 on: March 04, 2017, 12:36:28 am »
Eating less rice will not make you slimmer. Eating a well balanced diet will. Eating rice does not make you fat either. Just think about this, in the US or Canada, they rarely eat rice. But look at the obesity rate.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

NeilRudecat

• GirlTalker
  • The Truth on Informed Choice & Women Empowerment!
« Reply #584 on: March 06, 2017, 08:34:48 am »
I agree with kvandenhaak

I think there might even be a motive directed at hitting on the rice industry by individuals and entities endorsing a less-rice or no-rice fad diet.

Anyway, let's be more informed and empowered by knowledge from authoritative sources:

EATING COLD RICE, POTATOES CAN HELP LOSE WEIGHT
http://www.doh.gov.ph/sites/default/files/news_clips/061416-0010.pdf
http://www.doh.gov.ph/node/6410

Eating less rice will not make you slimmer. Eating a well balanced diet will. Eating rice does not make you fat either. Just think about this, in the US or Canada, they rarely eat rice. But look at the obesity rate.
(http://)

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #585 on: June 17, 2017, 04:34:51 am »
Girls! Huhuhuhu. :( i need reassurance.

This is the basic principle I live by: "if you burn more calories than you eat/drink, you will lose weight". I literally monitor my food/drinks and exercise via myfitnesspal (i know it's not 100% accurate, but it is effective in setting the mindset of being "cautious" about what i eat and how much i exercise).

My normal routine is that I only eat salad for dinner. HOWEVER, in the past 2wks, i have been INSANELY BUSY and have been coming home very late at night so sarado na ang go-to salad place ko so i end up eating RICE even for dinner.

I still make sure i "maintain" my weight by not eating more calories than i burn (BMR + exercise) or TDEE.

But because of this "infamous" reputation of rice, i am panicking if i will end up gaining weight even though i burn the same calories i eat, just because what i eat is RICE.

Pero my mind reminds me na as long as i burn the same calories that i consume, i will not gain weight (even though i eat rice). Tama naman di ba?? :(

I know i sound stupid now and i sound like i'm answering my own question. I'm so paranoid that i was avoiding the scale until i go back to my normal shift when i can eat salad again for dinner. Baka kasi madepress ako pag nag-weigh ako. Stupid i know. Huhuhuhu.
“I travel the world. I take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time and leave nothing but footprints.” ― Maarten Schäfer

tischarmedlife

• Super Mommy
  • Super GirlTalker
  • a warrior and a survivor
    • TisCharmedLife
« Reply #586 on: June 18, 2017, 08:46:50 am »
For me no. Eating less rice is not enough lalo kung kakain ka rin nang maraming junk food. You better eat less rice, stay away from salty and oily food, consume lots of water and then exercise. Tama yung iba nating mga sissies, you should burn more than what you eat para mabawasan ka ng timbang and be slimmer.
"I think, therefore I am"

http://tischarmedlife.wordpress.com/

khaleesiCersei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #587 on: June 18, 2017, 09:08:08 am »
Nope. Less sweets, less oily and salty processed food.. exercise. Yan, ang mga talagang makakapag papayat sa yo.

minabey

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #588 on: June 19, 2017, 02:46:14 pm »
In my experience, YES, it does.

But only because I don't replace yung ibinawas kong rice sa ibang forms ng carbs.

For me kasi, ma-carbs talaga ako - rice, pasta, noodles so hindi pwedeng wala. Eating carbs makes me feel fuller longer. So what worked for me to lose weight/fat is a combination of eating lesser rice, chewing thoroughly every mouthful, and try to move around more as much as possible by fidgeting, walking around while talking on the phone, etc.

So far I've maintained my weight for the last 8 months since I started this feb 2015. I've lost 13-14kg without serious exercise and even though I'm really sedentary and SAH.

Absant

« Reply #589 on: July 01, 2017, 10:31:20 pm »
Share ko Lang opinion ko. Ako kasi  I believe this is true. Yung mom ko, Hindi kumain ng rice for 1 month and she lost so much weight. Ang sabi niya, eat whatever you like, basta no rice. Hindi naman niya sinabi Kung pati bread tinigil niya. Basta I know ang carbs kasi if you eat a lot, your body will only use the carbs you consume for energy. At the same time mataas din calories niya. So instead of using your fats as energy source, yung carbs na kinakain mo yung ginagamit. Kung Hindi ako nagkakamali, this is where the ketogenic diet comes in. Instead of using carbs as your main source or energy, you use the fats in your food as well as your body fats. Kaya nga Lang I read din that it takes a while for your body to convert using fat as your main energy.

Rory_Lorelie_Gilmore

• Super GirlTalker
  • Live and let live. Love and let love.
« Reply #590 on: July 02, 2017, 03:31:58 pm »
As for me, tried and tested na whenever I feel I'm gaining an excessive amount of weight, I cut back or remove white carbs (white rice, bread, pasta) pumapayat ako in a week immediately, tanggal bloat and feels lighter agad maski 3 days palang.

Lalo na pag sinamahan ng light work out, good/clean foods, and detoxing.

choco_monster

• full-time orakul dba at part-time
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #591 on: January 25, 2018, 04:07:06 pm »
If you have intolerance sa rice, YES, eating less or ditching rice will make you look slimmer only because your are no longer bloated.  One of the reasons why we are bloated is because of food intolerance.

Eating less rice wont make you slimmer. What makes you slimmer is by having calorie deficit and of course workout :)  Cutting 500 calories of you daily intake is already good.  2 cups of cooked rice are already 500 calories. If you remove it from your diet and replaced it with pasta ( 1 cup of noodles is almost 250, more calories if with sauce) just cancels out everything.

Reiha E

• Probationary
« Reply #592 on: March 29, 2018, 12:29:53 pm »
I just started this diet 2 days ago and yes, I lost an incredible 1.5 kg. Instead of rice, I eat veggies and an apple for meal, I eat twice a day and drink lots of water, 8-10 glasses a day. I hit the gym for 2 hours too doing almost cardio and a little muscle strengthening.

kvan

• Introvert, Demisexual
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Accidental Cougar
« Reply #593 on: March 29, 2018, 10:19:51 pm »
^Baka extra fluid lang yung nawala? Two days does not make any difference in real weight. One week siguro pwede.
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

hushush

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #594 on: March 30, 2018, 03:12:58 am »
^uu nga. Retained body water lang yun for sure. Lalo na kung overweight.. In my experience, malaki na yung 0.1-0.2 every other day na fat loss at nagpakagutom pa ako nun haha! 😂

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #595 on: March 31, 2018, 01:59:49 pm »
Sorry, I don?t think it is physiologically possible to lose 1.2kgs in 2 days.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

quencher

• GirlTalker
« Reply #596 on: April 10, 2018, 12:01:20 pm »
Hmm, agree ako sa comment ni sis Hushush.. Ako kasi, nasa normal weight, pero malakas mag-rice.. Maggain ako ng konti at kasama nun ang paglaki din ng tyan. So if I want to make my tummy smaller, i will cut down my rice intake to 50% less, at effective siya for me. Liliit talaga ang tummy ko.
But then again, effective to siguro since normal naman ang weight ko at healthy eater ako in general.
Hindi mapag junk foods, iwas na iwas sa processed foods, hindi mapagkain ng sweets, lagi may gulay or fruits sa meal etc. Nakakatulong din siguro to maintain my normal weight.. Yung paglaki ng tummy talaga ang problema ko.. hehe
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:03:13 pm by quencher »

lovehatemanila

• Junior GirlTalker
    • SMDC.  SUN Residences.
« Reply #597 on: May 16, 2018, 02:00:46 am »
For me, NO.  In fact I don't eat rice, well maybe, once in a blue moon ganyan.  Not cause diet ako, I just don't like it and guess what?  I'm over weight.   :'(

What makes me fat are sweets and junk foods.  ;D
So I think the key is, if rice is what makes you gain weight, then it is what you need to cut down.  Easy to say, hehe, but I can't give up my cakes.

lalee888

• Chinay American in The City
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #598 on: May 16, 2018, 03:19:05 am »
This is a debatable topic simply because doctors and corporations have deliberately (and sometimes not deliberate naman) misled the public about carbohydrates for decades. Rice is a type of carbohydrate, just as refined sugar (complex carb) is. Fruits contain sugar too but they are simple carbs. Sugar, when entering the body and is not used as energy, stores itself as fat.

Corporations and doctors have made us believe that Animal Fat (Good Fats) is bad for you, and that Carbs are what you need to fuel your body. WRONG. That is completely wrong (and i know my post will be an unpopular one). For years I also believed that carbs is what we need for energy, but it's completely wrong, and it will be hard, if not impossible, to tell the world otherwise.

The short answer: carbs are bad for humans, and fat is the fuel humans need for their daily activity.

There is a documentary about this that's a very short watch but will enlighten you as to why for decades humans have been misled to eat carbs (agriculture business) -- it's called the Magic Pill and it's available on Netflix. This documentary examines the Ketogenic Diet and no one will benefit from the outcome of that documentary, instead it exposes the misinformation about carbs/fats that we have been subjected to for decades. Remember, no one company benefits from ketogenic dieters because it's not a meal plan, it's a lifestyle of eating. eating carbs, on the other hand, benefits (drives revenue $$$) the entire agriculture industry, manufacturing industry (cereals, quaker oats, bread, etc, etc).

I would really encourage everyone to educate themselves and not 'accept' the common knowledge/status quo. so see for yourself na lang and watch the documentary.

gab54

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #599 on: May 21, 2018, 10:38:05 pm »
I think iba iba naman ang paraan ng losing weight. Hindi kelangan mag debate coz kanya kanyang style at hindi lahat ay hiyang sayo
Last Sept 2017, I weighed 143lbs which was my highest. So I started counting calories, 1200 calories a day, may protein (eggs, meat) , veggies at carbs(brown rice, noodles). Nahirapan ako mag prepare so I opted to get delivery sevice from Fit Kitchen. By Nov 2017, I lost 7lbs, 136lbs nalang ako. Then I thought about doing Keto and Intermittent fasting, by April 2018 Im already 115lbs. This month I decided to slowly reintroduce carbs again, my still maintain my weight at 115-117 lbs

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close