Author Topic: Would you date an atheist?  (Read 11457 times)

snooky

  • Guest
Would you date an atheist?
« on: August 26, 2010, 07:22:59 am »
Would you date an atheist? Please explain your answer.

Me, yes. Atheist i know are usually very smart and open-minded. They are not boxed into social norms.

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 10:14:01 am »
probably not. i've maintained na eh na i want someone who shares the same faith and although i am not a strict Catholic, i want someone who shares the same values. ayoko na ng masyadong maraming differences kasi magulo talaga, promise.

:P

young_maiden

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:23:18 am »
Okay lang. Being a non-believer of God does not make a person bad. :)

design21

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:33:33 am »
I will not because my religion (catholic) plays a big role in my life. I don't want any conflicts or arguments when it comes to this topic.

9eisha

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 11:36:55 am »
i don't see why not. you just have to set certain parameters about religion issues (eg. he respects yours, you respect his, etc)

piggyxoxo

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 11:43:29 am »
I am engaged to one.

I am more on the agnostic side.

We want our children to have the freedom to consciously choose their religion/beliefs and not be conscripted into one.

mitch2526

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 02:33:38 pm »
si bf ay isang atheist! at totoo, napakatalino niyang tao. ako naman catholic talaga, pero matalino din  ;D haha ang gusto ko sa kanya ay mas marami siyang principles sa akin na pag idefend niya, napakalogical and well thought of. ako hanggang.... "ah, bawal eh" lang ang reasoning ko!  sa kanya iba!

nung una hinihila niya ako sa "dark side," lol pero ayaw ko sabi ko respetuhan, and narealize niya masyado akong importante sa buhay niya so hinayaan niya na lang ako hehe.  ::)

hindi siya magpapaconvert, haha pano na ang church wedding namin?! hehe ayan ang issue ngayon  ;D

try dating an atheist na matino! :)

caterpillar-girl

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 10:25:24 pm »
I did, once. He was great. Super matalino, mabait, at cute pa. Hehe. He's so nice, he would even go to mass with me even if he doesn't believe.  Sasamahan lang daw nya ako. So he'd sit, and stand and kneel but he wouldn't do the sign of the cross or take communion of course.

It didn't work out, not just because of his being atheist, although that played a part. Like mooncake, ayoko rin ng magulo. I'm a practicing Catholic and I like to be able to share that life with my husband-to-be.  My faith is such a huge part of me, although I'm not a perfect Catholic. It wasn't just normal differences like he's a cat person and I hate cats, or I would rather watch Cinema One and he'd rather see Shark Week on Discovery. It's more fundamental than that, and we can't bridge it.

ylisza

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 10:41:18 pm »
i'll date an atheist at isasama ko sya sa congregation namin.. at least man lang makapakinig siya ng aral na galing sa biblia para mabuksan ang kaisipan niya at magsimula siyang sumampalataya na may Dios..

matatalino nga sila, mga cute, at may sense kausap. pero walang kwenta ang ganon kung mananatili sila sa paniniwala nila.

sabi sa biblia "Ang mangmang ay nagsabi sa puso niya, Walang Dios. Nangapahamak sila, at nagsigawa ng kasuklamsuklam na kasamaan; walang gumawa ng mabuti." (Psalms 53:1)

nakakaawa naman siya kung hindi siya maakay na may Lumalang sa kanya, at may dapat siyang Paglingkuran, at nararapat na Sambahin,


spacemonkey

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010, 03:09:51 am »
yes. because im also an atheist.

my boyfriend still believes, though. he said he even used to be a Mormon. it never really became an issue between us. religion just never comes up as a conversation topic.

luisacart

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 10:29:30 am »
no. I thought I could but I dated an atheist before and it turned out that I can't be with someone pala who doesn't believe that there is a God.

mitch2526

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2010, 02:53:04 pm »
haha well actually naniniwala si BF na may someone, something out there, kung ano man tawag sa kanya. what bf does not like is religion! how do i call him?  hehe :)

kung ako feeling ko religion binds people together, based on his experiences blind faith ruined lives so i can't really blame him.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 11:03:02 am »
IMO, an atheist isn't necessarily  smart/smarter.  Same way a Catholic isn't necessarily  a good person.

What's wrong with dating an atheist?  So long as he lives in accordance with Universal principles/values  as respect for life, orderly living, love for family, maximizing one's potential, etc etc etc.   

BUT preference is another issue to consider.  As in, yeah, if I were single I would date an atheist with the end view of gaining a true friend or even for just having a good time.  But I would prefer a non-atheist if my end view is a more-than-friends long relationship. 

sheh-la22

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 03:51:43 pm »
ako di pwede e.di pwede magkaiba kami ng paniniwala pagdating sa Dyos.....malaki pagpapahalaga ko sa Dyos..

pero bilang kaibigan..walang problema.

bmitch

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 06:13:34 am »
I'm catholic and he's an atheist.

Love conquers all!

jem_pristine

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 07:51:53 am »
Yes. I would date someone even his an atheist.
It's not a big deal with me tsaka who knows na his belief might change pa rin naman. Nonetheless it's completely fine with me.

snooky

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 07:28:56 am »
I'm catholic and he's an atheist.

Love conquers all!

Can you give more details about your relationship? Usually pag "love conquers all" ang battle cry, medyo rough ang situation.

laviere

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 06:08:36 pm »
yes. basta i won't force my beliefs on him, and he shouldn't force his non-beliefs on me.

i'm currently dating an atheist, and he's one of the smartest people i know. yun nga lang medyo nagiging heated ang discussions namin when we try to discuss atheism. ang dami kong tanong and he ends up being sooo defensive. ::)

cutie_angel

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 01:43:06 am »
I dated one once.. and it didn't work out...

E23203

  • Guest
Re: Would you date an atheist?
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 02:08:37 am »

Yep..!  My ex boyfriend does not believe in God.. He only believes in Good and Bad Karma, but he's very smart. I'm a Catholic as well, and sometimes we argue about religion but just a healthy argument. We broke up, not because of our beliefs.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close