Author Topic: BLAH DAY/s -- What do you do?  (Read 33825 times)

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
BLAH DAY/s -- What do you do?
« on: August 14, 2010, 07:52:28 am »
Well, great if everyday we wake up and feel bouncy, or sufficiently motivated to attack the day head-on.
But there, we do get BLAH DAY/s -- you know, when you have no physical ailment yet you have no interest nor energy to tackle the day ahead of you.   
Yung sabi ng lola ko na:  walang ka gana gana para sa mapaklang araw na ito.  :)

WHAT POSITIVE thing do you do to snap out of it?
        (o, that eliminates answers like act/s of Misplaced Aggression; kicking the stray cat; spreading your malaise in the office/home...   :) )

Me? 
I say an extra prayer for more patience for the day;  breathe extra deep for a few minutes;  then swipe on red lipstick (fave now is Russian Red from MAC) and tousle my hair.  Go!

My Atchi goes to Mass;
my mom goes to the salon for her lash extensions;
a sister fixes herself a European expresso (yung, hehe, can make the hairs on a horse stand out straight. boink!)

What do you do?  Wish you all  another good weekend! 
God bless all.

hisana

• Super GirlTalker
Re: BLAH DAY/s -- What do you do?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 08:56:19 pm »

Oh, I just had a blah WEEK two weeks ago. Hirap kalabanin, kaya it lasted that long. Had no interest or energy for work, exercise, shopping, going out with friends, surfing the net, reading...I thought I was going into depression. Pati yata kumain nawalan ako ng gana. Then I took a day off and just hung around this building's rooftop pool most of that day, lazing around, daydreaming about celebrating my birthday in SG. Ayun, okay na. Narevive ako. LOL

But in less extreme cases, usually a good action movie can bring me out of the doldrums.

Joycy

• Living life with integrity and order...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • is in love with Kakashi Hatake
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 05:18:29 am »
I consider a BLAH day as a blessing in disguise. Kasi im so busy and sometimes, life can be very overwhelming. And the one day that i don't have anything to do, yun na lang yung "ME" day ko. The day where i get to be lazy and just listen to the music and just think. No pressure, no anything and it usually energizes me.

On some BLAH days, i just go out by myself and just walk and people-watch. Or sometimes, i just sit in a coffee shop somewhere and think.  :)
God tied u and I together by our little fingers with a long red string. This bond of destiny cannot be seen and there is no map leading to u. So i will fall in love with u when i meet u.

follow me @ www.twitter.com/Venus914

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 09:40:25 am »
HISANA,  yeah  that is another take to what triggers "blah" days ... perhaps these are indicators of  creeping "burn out"   :)

JOYCY   I envy how you spend your blah days.

sweetubeng

• love to travel , shop, eat, read and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 08:44:33 pm »
I think we all have our own Blah days, that's the time i can think about just nothing, i just stayed at home, daydreaming about good things, read books, meditate, eat a lot and laugh out load lol! ;)

smile that life is easy i just believe that i can do all things and i can make all things possible despite those challenges and trials that come my way. it's a good way to release my tension and just get up the next morning and feel blessed about it. so blah days is a good way for me to energized and face life with a big smile on my face ;)
Jeremiah 29:11 says, " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "

LIVE A LIFE that pleases GOD... not People.

eternalpink

• Hitched
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 09:16:15 pm »
If I'm having a BLAH week I usually take a day off from work, in the middle of the week, to break the monotony of office routine.

On weekends naman, I text my girlfriends and ask them out to get coffee and/or have a pamper/salon day. :)
Officially Mrs. A!

silverlilac

• Super GirlTalker
  • Lovin' My Life...:)
    • A World of Serendipity
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 12:07:27 pm »
I'm a writer and I work from home, so I consider those days when I don't have the inclination (even if I force myself to do so) to write and be productive as BLAH. I know this sounds capricious, but kasi if I work naman, talagang tuloy-tuloy that I can produce tons of articles...so maybe my BLAH days are those days when my brain and body go on reboot/shut down mode. :P

Anyway, I spend those kinds of days doing no-brainer things:

-reading a book or magazine that have light topics and won't need too much concentration
-going out to meet with friends, or just to have coffee by my lonesome (or sometimes with hubby)
-online surfing mindlessly (blog- and link-hopping can be so fun sometimes!)
-just watching TV/DVDs for a while.
-playing with my 2 lovely nieces (one 6-year old, the other 1.6 years old)

These "no-brainer" activities really do wonders to re-energize myself, and my will to be a productive human being once again.  :D
"It's just something that happens as you grow up: You realize it's less important to have many friends, and more important to have REAL ones..." - Richie Rich

http://aworldofserendipity.wordpress.com/

sistah!

• sistah!
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • proud mom to four doggies :-)
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 12:20:21 pm »
i drag myself out of bed (which i do whether or not it's a blah day anyway), get ready, put on a dress (i tend to overdress to compensate for the dullness), get in my car, plug in my ipod of christian music and sing LOUDLY.

that usually perks me up or drives me to tears. either way, my insides wake up and i feel better. never fails.
arf! arf! woof! woof!

blow_fish

• you gotta be!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • twitt me @jeespot
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 12:24:36 pm »
during my BLAH Days, simply go out talk to the people i love or sometimes nasa coffee shop,beach mag isa lang....
► Play the moments ▌▌ Pause the memories ■ Stop the pain ◄◄ Rewind the happiness.

girlpower

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 01:23:58 pm »
had a blah day yesterday.

went to n2 derm+ for a massage, had a haircut at tony and jackey, shopped a bit then went home to watch dvd - Up.

AnneMP

• All that babble made me a
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Larawan Mo
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 09:52:25 am »
Here's what I am forced to do on my blah days:

- take a bath numerous times (more than my usual 2)
 - eat numerous times (more than my usual 6)
 - try reading a book (I said try)
 - watch food channel (or channel surf)

ra_84

• Probationary
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 03:14:25 pm »
I tend to just listen to happy music and start dancing. and think about what's bringing me down. eventually something will snap me out of it. =)

on really bad days, i eat a lot...chocolates/chips/soup.. my comfort foods =)

scrapbookjunkie

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I am a potential grown-up.
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010, 04:53:48 pm »
Eat dark chocolate, instant perk-me-up.
Don't judge me by my relatives.

kittykittycat

• Probationary
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010, 04:34:42 pm »
I go thrifting! It's cheap and I love shopping and new things always make me happy :D

greenwood05

• GirlTalker
    • N + A
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010, 09:27:41 pm »
Sobrang hirap pag "blah" days, lalo na pag natapat na may exams and projects. Kaya nga I have a playlist "Psych Up" sa phone ko e. Pag sa morning naramdaman ko na yung blah-ness, kinig na ako kagad while on the way to school para kahit papano, madagdagan yung pagiging "in the mood" ko.

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 03:12:40 pm »
I make a mad dash to the nearest chocolate or cupcake shop for my sugar fix. That never fails to pick me up. :) On intense blah days, I hit the spa and/or the clubs.

Joycy

• Living life with integrity and order...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • is in love with Kakashi Hatake
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 03:56:31 am »
Just had a blah day today.  ;D

Then my bff in LA called out of the blue. Yun lang, nawala na. I was having too much fun talking to her.
God tied u and I together by our little fingers with a long red string. This bond of destiny cannot be seen and there is no map leading to u. So i will fall in love with u when i meet u.

follow me @ www.twitter.com/Venus914

chengkii

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 03:52:02 am »
On the day/s i feel BLAH...ironically, that's when I remember to pray when I get up. On those days...i think i would really use the 5 minutes of my first 15 minutes awake to ask God to give me an inspiration for the day.

If after eating my first meal, di pa rin ako ok...or I still don't really feel...how do you call it?...ok, I call up my nieces. It usually cheers me up a bit.
For every action there is an equal reaction. :)

beck19

• addicted to photography, coffee, and TRAVEL. :) and an inspired
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Pay It Forward
    • beckster multiplies
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 04:01:43 am »
Waking up on a BLAH day is not something new to me.. I always have a BLAH day once/twice a week.... What do I do????

Pray. Prettify. Smile.

Pray. I always ask Him to help me be "extra" productive at work.
Prettify. I skip wearing slacks and try to put in a, uhm, cute dress. :)
Smile. To keep the BLAH from my day.
"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively "

http://beck19.multiply.com

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 10:39:21 am »
... And I spend extra time playing with my beautiful dogs.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close