watch now

Author Topic: Baptism Gifts  (Read 38448 times)

cutiepie_honeypie

  • Guest
Baptism Gifts
« on: August 09, 2010, 12:15:16 pm »
What to give and what to ask for?

Pansin ko kasi pag binyag minsan useless yung mga nireregalo ng mga bisita sayang naman

i remember nung wala pa akong baby, I gave a feeding bottle set to my inaanak na may melaminE!

jdu23

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 07:37:20 pm »
i actually have this dilemma right now. mag bbinyag na rin kasi yung baby ng bestfriend ko. nung binyag ng baby boy ko, kinuha ko sya as a ninang and she gave a food maker set. now i dont know what to give, ayaw ko naman na money kasi parang hindi ineffortan and gusto ko yung magagamit ni baby nya.

depende rin siguro sis sa age ng baby. some suggestions are:
1. nursing pillow,
2. comforter set,
3. diaper bag.
4. onesies or clothes
5. feeding bottles (BPA free)

yan din kasi mga natanggap ko nung baptism ni baby boy ko :) tsaka as much as possible kasi ayoko mag gift ng toys eh, gusto ko yung magagamit nya. :)





whiteflower

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 07:52:52 pm »
^sis i prefer money or gift certificates as my gift for baptismal, para yung parents na lang ng baby ang bibili at choices pa nila kung ano yung gusto nilang bilhin for the baby.  ;D

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 08:34:49 pm »
money and stuff that i chose for my baby registry :)

Yummi

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 08:43:35 pm »
hello!

my gift will depend on the age of the baby. i once gave an inaanak stuffs from enfant, bag with all basic things na need nya etc, nail cutter, thermometer, kneepads, washcloth, etc... kasi 2 months pa lang siya. I once gave naman MILK, as in kung ano yung milk nung bata. I asked kasi her dad what gift he would prefer, sabi nya milk, practical kasi. So I gave her milk, the largest size and a gift check worth P500. :)

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 02:09:00 am »
Cash or gift certificates are always welcome gifts to parents

IF I am 1 of the ninangs, I may give a gold medallion/chain on a gold chain. 

bluekaren780

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 03:16:20 pm »
money, milk, and diapers... super useful

butterkookie

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 03:46:04 pm »
I love giving knicker socks. I find those super cute and practical. ♥

I was the first in our barkada who had a baby so my friends didn't know what to give me. I remember that the most practical gift I got was diapers. Most of what I received had to wait til my daughter was much older --some clothes nga, she started wearing when she turned 5!  ::)

vanillamist

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 01:51:12 pm »
Cash or gift certificates are always welcome gifts to parents

IF I am 1 of the ninangs, I may give a gold medallion/chain on a gold chain.

wow sis gold.hehe.pwede ba kita gawin ninang  ;D

mintlair

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 04:14:09 pm »
I usually give clothes (a size larger), diapers, and cash.  Sometimes, I ask the parents directly kung ano pa ang kailangan nila.  Sayang din kasi kung magbibigay ako ng mga feeding needs niya tapos meron naman na pala. 

During my son's baptism, nagpa-register kami sa SM Baby Company. Karamihan ng gifts are clothes and toys pero we also received milk, diapers and container box na puwede for clothes and toys. But most of my guests gave cash which I used to start a junior savings account for my baby. :)

domestic diva

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 06:14:02 pm »
Usually we give cash, a gold medallion chain, clothes or if the parents request for anything the baby may need.

kreez

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 06:18:18 pm »
^ako din sis I normally give out cash nalang or [textspeak!] gold/white gold necklace plus angel na pendant  :D

purplelime

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 06:56:20 pm »
We usually give nappy cakes with clothes and accessories. :) The baby will definitely be able to use the diapers, and generic clothes will always be useful

If we do not have time to order a nappy cake, we try to look for items that are not commonly given (diaper changing pad for travels, baby carrier, etc.)  :)

tentendelight

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 09:31:41 am »
Hello! Ano ba ang ideal na amount pag cash ang gift? I'm totally clueless. :-\

RAC

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 08:45:45 am »
^during my son's baptism, we received cash gifts varying from 1k to 3k. may nareceive kaming 500 cash pero may kasamang material gift.

prefer ko rin practical gifts. i'm not shy to ask for what i need para mareceive ko yung gusto ko. since bibili na rin sila ng gift, magsusuggest na ko. like during my baby shower, i requested for toiletries and bath stuff. so wala halos nagbigay ng clothes dahil super daming clothes na ni baby galing sa states.
dahil humingi ako ng bath stuff, wala na ko halos binili for my baby. i got shampoo, bath foams, tub, washcloths, towels, etc.

mslcgrey

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 09:03:28 am »
kami ni hubby, cash gift for baptism especially if less than 1 year old pa si baby. my reasoning here is usually may mga gamit na si baby at least for the first 6 months of his/her life na nabili ng parents so if may kulang sila mas nakaka-alam. hirap din kasi manghula ng brand na prefer ng parents for their baby. at least with cash, they can buy what they really think their baby needs and what brand. they can also use the cash to set up a savings account for their baby.

hubby and i are also expecting our first baby. if ever may magbibigay ng cash, we plan to invest it in the stock market for our baby's future, sort of pamana namin sa kanya when she reaches 18 or college graduation gift. aside pa yan sa savings na plan din namin na gawin.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:59:13 am by mslcgrey »

bagaholic_chewy

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 11:49:38 am »
Cash pinaka-practical gift for a baby. Tama isang sis na nagpost sa taas, most parents already bought stuff for their baby. Pag cash or gc, at least they can decide kung ano bibilhin nila na kelangan pa. Or, if you're close sa parents, you may ask kung ano preferred nilang item.

For my baby's binyag, cash gifts we received ranged from 800-24k. Madami din nagbigay in-kind gifts - ayun, me toys na doble-doble (me 3 pa, haha), meron naman clothes na maliit na for baby, etc. Yung ibang nadoble or maliit na clothes, tinabi na namin para pwede I-recycle pang-regalo din. Haha.

Some of our friends asked us ano brand ng diapers (and size) and toiletries gamit namin for baby. And yun ang binigay nila. Some naman included a gift receipt sa gift, so we had the option to exchange the item sa pinagbilhang store. We exchanged only one gift, a baby bouncer. Alanganin na for baby, baka 1-2mos lang magamit. And me swing na din kasi sya, halos same gamit yun with bouncer. Buti me gift receipt, so we just went to the store and had it exchanged for a high chair (nagdagdag na lang kami).

If you'll give clothes, I suggest buy 1-2 sizes up (or kahit 3 sizes up pa). Kasi some brands have small sizing. And some babies naman are big/tall for their age. Like my baby, she was 4mos sa binyag, but already wearing mostly 6-9mos or 9-12mos clothes kasi matangkad and medyo bilog si baby. So yun, yung ibang gift na clothes e maliit talaga..

blackgreen

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 12:38:39 pm »
Cash palagi ko binibigay, kahit nga nagbibirthday na yun inaanak ko cash pa rin. Either bigyan ko ng bagong money or bili ako ng GC sa SM.

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 01:52:57 pm »
When I had my own kid, I realized what are considered 'valuable gifts'. Mga clothes and shoes kase, i prefer to buy them on my own. Now, whenever I attend baptisms as a godparent, I make sure to give gifts that can be used for a long time plus a little bit of cash:

1. Scrapbooks/Memory books (I have one for my daughter that I bought in Rustan's. It's by Gibson)
2. Skiphop backpack with Playtex strawbottle and eating utensils inside
3. SM/Rustan's GCs

pret_ty68

  • Guest
Re: Baptism Gifts
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 03:32:49 pm »
If ninang ako I give toys from fisher price or lamaze minsan sinasamahan ko rin nang cash. Minsan tinatanong ko rin ang parents kong ano ang kailangan. Bihira ako magbigay nang mga gamit like feeding bottles or toiletries kasi most of the time meron na and minsan may preferred brand ang mga parents. Sa clothes hirap mag estimate kung kakasya kaya bihira ako magbigay.

If guest lang ako I usually give cash.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close