watch now

Author Topic: All about the AIRPORT  (Read 119165 times)

freelancer517

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2011, 09:26:20 am »
I stand corrected  :P

PinKisH_23

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2011, 10:08:23 am »
Manila to Cebu terminal tax is P200, Cebu to Manila is P200.

ceejhei

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2011, 10:21:29 am »
bakit ang mahal ng international fee sa mga airport? kakaloka

anngomez

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2011, 11:39:13 am »
bakit ang mahal ng international fee sa mga airport? kakaloka

yeah! Bakit nga kaya? :( One time I was flying alone to China and it slipped my mind that I had to pay P1600 extra fees pa for airport/travel tax if I remember correctly... I only had Chinese currency in my wallet (exchanged them earlier) and around 1000 worth of peso nalang, I was thinking I wouldn't need them anyway... >.< buti nalang my relatives who took me to the airport hadn't gone far so they came back to the airport and gave me money. whew!

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2011, 11:47:42 am »
^sis if you bought your ticket online with either 5J or PAL, you will have to pay the Philippine Travel Tax (Php1620) at the travel tax counter at the airport before checking-in. The PH Travel Tax is different from the airport tax or terminal fee. The airport tax/terminal fee for international travel is Php750 and you pay this after check-in at the airport tax counter located just before you enter immigrations. Lalabas ang total mong gastos before leaving will be Php2370.

 :)

ceejhei

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2011, 12:53:50 pm »
^ oo nga sis eh, magagastusan ka kagad ng almost 2500! eh pano if from let's say singapore ka galing, another travel tax ba ulit ito? at airport fee?

angeljolie

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2011, 06:23:34 pm »
^Hindi ka na magbabayad ng travel tax from another country. Kasama na yun sa binayad mo sa tickets. Terminal fees, wala atang ganun sa ibang bansa, tayo lang ata hehe.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #127 on: March 17, 2011, 06:29:40 pm »
^ oo nga sis eh, magagastusan ka kagad ng almost 2500! eh pano if from let's say singapore ka galing, another travel tax ba ulit ito? at airport fee?

No more na. The PH travel tax is only for Pinoys departing ex Philippines. As to the airport fee in SIN, incorporated na sa ticket yun just like other international airports. Tayo na lang yata ang naiwan na hindi nag-iincorporate ng terminal fees sa tickets.

 :)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2011, 06:32:33 pm »
^Hindi ka na magbabayad ng travel tax from another country. Kasama na yun sa binayad mo sa tickets. Terminal fees, wala atang ganun sa ibang bansa, tayo lang ata hehe.

sis, meron terminal fees sa ibang bansa hindi lang natin ramdam kasi kasama na sya sa pagbayad sa tickets. Yun airline na mismo ang nag-reremit ng terminal fees ng mga pasahero nila sa mga airport authorities.

 :)

angeljolie

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2011, 07:04:02 pm »
^So yung naka-incorporate dun sa ticket is terminal fee and not travel tax? Hehe basta ang alam ko may airport fee na dun sa ticket.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2011, 07:20:45 pm »
^sis, airport tax and terminal fee are one and the same and for other countries naka-incorporate na ito sa mga tickets. Tayo na lang so far ang alam ko na naniningil pa ng terminal fee/airport tax outside of the tickets.

The PH Travel Tax naman is incorporated in the ticket if you buy it from a travel agency or direct from the airline ticketing office. Pag online transaction, you pay the PH Travel tax sa travel tax counter at the airport except for Delta/NW and KLM. DL/NW and KLM has an online facility wherein you pay na the PH Travel tax together with your e-ticket online.


angeljolie

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2011, 07:25:57 pm »
^I see. Thanks! :)

Sana iincorporate na nila lahat noh para hindi na pabayad-bayad pa sa airport.

ceejhei

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2011, 09:33:10 pm »
^salamat sa infos. akala ko another bayad nanaman! mas mahal pa sa ticket yung mga tax na yan kung minsan. haha

blue_angel02

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2011, 06:44:46 am »
hi sisses, ask ko lang does anyone of you heard about Airport Pass? Basically ID daw yun, tapos you will be allowed to go until the  Boarding Gate even if you are not a Passenger, I have a cousin who values 2 hours worth kasi LDR sila nung boyfie nia kaya need niya sana makapasok to spend few more hours with him while waiting daw. hehe.  Just trying to help her.

Anyone knows or heard how someone can get one ?  ;D

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2011, 02:50:13 pm »
^before MIAA used to give those basta legitimate ang reason like meeting or assisting unaccompanied minors, elderly, government & diplomatic officials. Now they are very strict in issuing airport passes since we are trying to get back our category 1 status with the FAA. Unless may connection your cousin with MIAA, I don't think mabibigyan sya ng airport pass.


tennisgirl

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2011, 03:12:18 pm »
^^kung airline employee ka pwede ka maissuehan ng airport pass especially if you're assigned at the airport ticket office. i used to work in a local airline company and yung mga officemates ko na naka-assigned sa airport ticket office merong airport pass.

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2011, 03:25:18 pm »
^yup but your access will be limited Kung saan ka lang naka-assign. They're so strict now even the annual pass for regular airline employees ginawang bi-annual issuance na para daw sa added security checking ek-ek. I've been working at the airport for twenty plus years now and this is the first time I experienced yung pagka-strikto nila.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 05:13:19 pm by mama squeak! »

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2011, 11:32:21 pm »
^I've heard that when they changed the management, they limited the access passes of EVERYONE. My hubby said super strict na nga daw. I planned on letting him accompany me and the kids to the counter pa naman sana like always.

Before, I can easily get a sticker pass just to go to the banks at the arrival lobby at T1 even when I wasn't working anymore.

Some, if not all, airlines have special passes for town office staff that need to be in the airport on official business but you need to clip it together with your official airline ID. The pass just needs to be signed by the station manager. I don't think that is being allowed now with the way things are.

Naabutan ko pa before all access pass for T1, which included ramp and cargo, but when we (airline staff at airport operations) renewed, they removed the ramp access. This was ilang yrs ago na din ha. Anyway, the only time I used the ramp access naman was when I had a STCR case to NRT. Hard to go down there if you're a female in a skirt, with matching smell of crude! That was for regular airline staff ha. Our GSA staff had their access passes changed into the sticker pass and more limited access.

Good to hear they're beefing up security kahit papano. True naman kasi, yung sa annual pass, even if ilang months na wala yung employee, active pa rin yung pass pag di agad na-surrender ng airline.

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2011, 12:02:57 am »
I hope my question is not OT, but since this topic is about the airport (not limited to MNL, I guess), can anyone recommend a good prepaid sim I can buy at McCarran International, and where exactly can I get it there? I plan on purchasing one immediately upon arrival sana kaso I'm getting confused with all the promotions and plans of Sprint, AT&T and such. Thanks!

blue_angel02

  • Guest
Re: All about the AIRPORT
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2011, 06:59:52 am »
Thanks mga sis! So it's been strict na pala nowadays, mala-telenovela kasi ang drama nun, hagulgol effect so sobrang nanghihinayang siya sa Two hours waiting to Board. Hopefully pala we can find someone na talgang MALAKAS...or maybe she can try to plead na lang sa Securities just like on the Movies... :P

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close