watch now

Author Topic: How to Keep a Good Posture  (Read 21904 times)

le_zar

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 05:45:03 pm »
I agree with doing Yoga.  When i was active pa sa yoga, dumerecho back ko even when sitting but now that i've stopped, bumalik ako sa bad posture ko.

Yoga and Pilates pala.  Pilates strengthens your core including back muscles din.

junichi406

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 12:14:29 am »
Yoga :)

redsoul

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 02:00:38 am »
San po ba nakakabili nung brace pang-correct ng posture? How much?

Thanks po

junichi406

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 12:08:32 pm »
San po ba nakakabili nung brace pang-correct ng posture? How much?

Thanks po

Hi there! why do you need a brace?

Kettlebell_gurl

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2011, 06:55:42 am »


Kettlebells heal pains and aches and restore muscle balance in the body. Kettlebell training is also a great prevention tool that will preserve the balance, strength and functionality.

Kettlebell training is so powerful because it uses highly functional movements that often involve full body effort. Kettlebell exercises reveal misalignments, compensations and weaknesses in the body and proceed to fix them. As the body returns to the aligned state, musculoskeletal pain is relieved (Gluckman, 2001).




junichi406

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2011, 11:02:36 am »
Yoga, Especially Iyengar Yoga pala, when it comes kasi to alignment strict sila, I've been to there shala(studio) already, sa studio nila they dont care if your flexible, they teach you the proper way of doing the posture to keep your alignment intact! Love the teachers, love the props too

I practice at there place because it gives the foundation I need in other asana sequences I practice

Oh i forgot to mention, rates are cheap too! People love yoga in that studio

I'm saying this because I love yoga so much. I came from the gym,did free weights, and nothing amazes me but the practice of yoga.

And like what Tristan Choa of Bikram yoga Manila said during an interview "It supports other daily activities you do like running, gym, etc."

Sa sobrang dami ng mga fitness trends I find maybe your having a hard time to choose whats good for you, most kasi deal with the physical lang. Others are marketing fitness products lang.  :(




SweetieNela

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2011, 01:37:48 am »
same problem.. :( mahiyain kasi ako ,saka malaki talaga bust ko as in parang gusto ko ngang pabawasan sa bigat. :( lately sumasakit na likod ko. dami nagsasabi na magstraight body ako. eh kaya lang kasi yung bust ko para namang isinasagala ko kapag nakastraight ako. lahat ng nakakasalubong ko dun nakatingin. :( hindi ko ito napapansin nung una..eh ngayon marami na nagsasabi..

OD

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2011, 09:08:52 pm »
Hello sis..  I backread your posts when I found out you're a yoga instructor.  I've been wanting to do this but am not sure if I can because of my scoliosis.  I'm happy to learn from your post that a person with scoliosis can do yoga too.  Hope you can find time to answere my queries :

1.)May I know what kind of yoga class I should be enrolled in? 

2.)Do I let the instructor know first that I have this condition? 

3.)Will I be given a set of poses or same poses for everyone regardless of illnesses / levels like beginners / etc.? 

Sorry, daming tanong.  Hope I can join your class, do you have a link where I can find out your location ; class schedule and fee?  Thanks very much!

bumping this set of questions as I share the same concerns(Q1 and Q3). In addition, what if a beginner has some sort of knowledge already and can adopt a few asanas with no hitches but only needs to learn if it's being done correctly, is there still a need to undergo the basic class?

raerjinx

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 09:49:32 am »
been doing Iyengar Yoga, and I noticed that I have this sharp pain in my hip-thigh joint area. I have no back pain whatsoever. It's painful when I move around. Was just wondering if it's normal since I'm new to yoga or maybe I just did the postures incorrectly?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:31:51 am by raerjinx »

avesoriano

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 07:51:03 am »
Lunges help. And a good stretching. A constant mind is important. I admire those people na parang reflex lang sa kanila. As in 24/7 silang upstraight

gypsiechick

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 10:20:37 am »
Hi can relate din ako, lagi ako naka-slouch and i really want to correct my posture. Mas magandang tignan kasi talaga kapag maayos yun posture mo and parang nakakadagdag ng height pansin ko lang.

pinklilac

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 09:06:16 pm »
guilty rin ako rito.  sayang walang sumagot kung magkano yung brace. baka sakaling makatulong na masanay akong mag straight body

vixenpixie

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 01:01:27 pm »
Hi, I think yoga + pilates also help to correct bad posture.
Dati na ok na yung posture ko nung nagyo-yoga ako.
Pero due to hectice sched, di ko na maintain so balik
na naman ako sa pag slouch. I plan to take yoga classes again
pag mejo ok  na sched. :)

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 06:07:31 pm »
I'm guilty of slouching. But since I do yoga at home, my posture is getting better now.

pinklilac

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 07:19:56 am »
ang ganda naman ng feedback sa pag yo yoga.sana ako rin ma try ko..medyo pricey nga lang ..

wowry

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 08:03:03 am »
i bought brace before hindi rin effective for me. eversince hindi ako nag uunan when sleeping para straight likod kahit sa pagtulog man lang.my bed is orthopedic type din so medyo matigas siya. yoga helps too.

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 12:38:19 am »
^^You can do yoga at home sis. You can buy a video. I do yoga poses at home na natutunan ko sa yoga classes sa Fitness First :)

wowry

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 07:24:11 am »
^^^ Ang technique diyan sis attend muna few classes of yoga until you get the hang of it then buy a video to do it at home when you're ready :) Mahirap din kasi to do it on your own agad agad kasi if you're not doing it right no one will correct you. That's what I did. Yung brace na nabili ko way back HS was like 1,000 pesos yata ayun nakatambak lang sa bahay.

hanshellite

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 04:09:36 pm »
May particular type of yoga ba na i-aattend na intended for posture correction? thanks...

Escapaira

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2013, 06:12:57 am »
Saan kayo umaattend ng yoga class?
my pag asa pa ba mastraight yung back ko kahit 20 years old na ako?  :'(

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close