watch now

Author Topic: How to Keep a Good Posture  (Read 21905 times)

shinta

  • Guest
How to Keep a Good Posture
« on: July 28, 2010, 09:43:43 pm »
I think I've been slouching since I was in elementary. then naka-add pa yun while growing up, I realized I am busty so lalong I tend to slouch tuloy. Many, many years later I realized na di talaga magandang tingnan ang bad posture (parang nakakatanda) so I want to correct it.

Pero since lagi lang akong nakaupo, madalas di ko napapansin na naka-slouch na pala ako. At dahil din medyo matagal na akong ganito, mahirap baguhin. I correct my posture when I notice it pero most of the time, I don't notice it talaga. Parang nakasanayan na.

Kaya I'm looking for tips or exercise on how to keep a good posture. Baka meron kayong alam. TIA!  :)

cherub.rock

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 01:35:03 am »
same here! i have a very terrible posture, whether i'm walking, sitting or standing. eechh. i tried to correct it but just a few minutes later i unconsciously slouch again. the only 'exercise' i can remember was practicing to balance a book atop your head while walking.

hot_pink04

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 01:52:37 pm »
Ako rin eh. Kuba ako. It started when I was in grade5, nahihiya ako kasi medyo malaki boobs ko compared to my classmates.

I actually just ordered from Avon their posture corrector. Parang elastic "backpack" without the bag, mahirap idescribe eh. Sa Monday ko siguro makukuha. Update ko kayo mga sis kung helpful sya :)

snooky

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 01:58:03 pm »
Strengthen your muscles with a weight training routine. This will tighten your back muscles and automatically correct your posture.

Meron din mga brace for physical reminder.

clermont

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 01:58:49 pm »
Pasali mga sis. Hehe. Slouch din ako pero I'm really trying to sit properly nowadays kasi sumasakit na likod ko.

I remember ko dati si Princess Diana. Sabi nila, mahiyain daw talaga sya so lagi syang nakaslouch at laging down ang ulo. Pero nung naghiwalay si Prince Charles, lahat nakapansin na nagkaron sya ng confidence. Hindi na sya nakatungo at dun daw nag-umpisang gumanda ang posture nya. Inspiring di ba?

shinta

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 02:30:12 pm »
thanks mga sisses!

@sis hot_pink04, update mo kami ha. everytime i catch a reflection of myself sa mga malls, naiinis ako sa posture ko.

ibong nepomuceno ora

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 11:06:19 pm »
Hey!

My advice... Yoga.  Believe it or not it helps a lot not only with muscle toning but improving your posture.  Most of my students complain kasi of backaches and bad posture.  some of them... even scoliosis.  it really helps a lot when you do yoga kasi it corrects your posture.  even your bone structure... not even sure how to explain it here.. kelangan nyo kasi makita... macocorrect nya.  :) 


shinta

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 05:11:14 pm »
^mukhang ok din yang yoga. usually how much per session?

how about pilates? may nakita akong book kanina about pilates exercise and how it can help to strengthen muscles in the back, shoulders and neck. sana pala binili ko na.

ibong nepomuceno ora

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 07:49:10 pm »
Hey!  prices differ depending on the studio that you go to. :)

If you go to Yoga studios talaga.. the big ones would cost 500 per session.  though they also have packages kaya mas magmumura.  meron din yung small studios... usually 300 to 350.

syempre meron ding libre... like the one in fitness first , etc.  or syempre meron ding VCD's available.

What's nice with going to yoga studios is that mas maganda yung turo... kasi there are adjustments done in the poses and hindi lang basta basta pinapagawa yung poses.  and na adjust ang turo based on the needs of the students. 

If you do choose to get CDs... just be careful.  syempre it is always best to see a professional kasi these poses if done incorrectly either no effect or hindi pa maganda ang effect.

as for pilates.... it is actually close to Yoga.  halos pareho rin ang effect nya.  ang only difficult part is that Pilates usually require "materials".  like yung ball, and other things.  while as yoga, just bring yourself... and your mat.  and you should be ready to go. :) 

I hope this helps.

bailey_marithe

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 11:15:57 pm »
pa join mga sis!

ako din naka slouch (as we speak hehe) gusto ko din nun parang brace para lang reminder na mali na posture ko... hay pano na kaya ito...

hotmom

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 04:53:41 am »
same here! i have a very terrible posture, whether i'm walking, sitting or standing. eechh. i tried to correct it but just a few minutes later i unconsciously slouch again. the only 'exercise' i can remember was practicing to balance a book atop your head while walking.
yan din gawa ko in my college years before kasi nga i get to slouch sometime but when i joined a pagent in my school somebody told me to put a book on top of my head it really helps alot.

jan888

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 08:24:40 pm »
Hey!

My advice... Yoga.  Believe it or not it helps a lot not only with muscle toning but improving your posture.  Most of my students complain kasi of backaches and bad posture.  some of them... even scoliosis.  it really helps a lot when you do yoga kasi it corrects your posture.  even your bone structure... not even sure how to explain it here.. kelangan nyo kasi makita... macocorrect nya.  :)
Hello sis..  I backread your posts when I found out you're a yoga instructor.  I've been wanting to do this but am not sure if I can because of my scoliosis.  I'm happy to learn from your post that a person with scoliosis can do yoga too.  Hope you can find time to answere my queries :

1.)May I know what kind of yoga class I should be enrolled in? 

2.)Do I let the instructor know first that I have this condition? 

3.)Will I be given a set of poses or same poses for everyone regardless of illnesses / levels like beginners / etc.? 

Sorry, daming tanong.  Hope I can join your class, do you have a link where I can find out your location ; class schedule and fee?  Thanks very much!

kewlwooter

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 08:08:51 am »
For Beginners, maybe you can first try establishing your primary posture at the comfort of your home..you just need a mirror, yourself and a very imaginative mind (since you will be doing a lot of imagination to really get the instruction I listed)..

1.   Stand in front of a Full length mirror..
2.   Bring your hands to the side of your body
3.   Then stand your feet 4-6 inches away from each other or hip width apart. Your toes should be pointing in front now sideways. All four corners of your feet should be firmly rooted on the floor..from your big toes to your small toes down to your heels.
4.   Soften your knees, meaning bend it just a little.
5.   Keep your hips level and square..Meaning, di masyado naka stick out yung butt or masyadong pushed forward in front. It’s just in the middle  (that’s what level and square means). ;D
6.   Engage your core by pushing your navel (your pusod) all the way to your spine..(Note: you’re not going to use your hand to push your navel ha, just imagine there is an invisible force sucking your belly in. Or you can also imagine there is an orange juice in between your navel and your spine and you want to squeeze that orange)
7.   You should have that natural curve in your spine..Meaning your not arching your back (Check you knee’s if there still slightly bent if you see your arching your back)
8.   Keep your chest open here.
9.   Relax your shoulders..Try not to hike your shoulders up in your ears so your neck is long and you’re elongating your spine.
10.   The top of your head is reaching up (Imagine there is a string pulling the top of your head all the way to sky but your feet stays grounded on the floor so just feel your body lengthen here)..

Now if you have established your primary posture, take a few deep breath and just feel your body in this position (it might feel weird at first but you’ll get used to it after a while)..Do deep breathing for ten counts.. Remember not to arch your back, we were always taught in school that good posture means sticking your chest out so you will not be slouching, but that’s not actually recommended since your over extending the natural curve of your spine..So just the things listed above and hopefully you’ll achieve the proper posture.


 Try to do this every morning (if you can). And when you go out of your house be conscious of how your body is as compared to your primary posture.  ;)

airish_2

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 08:39:07 pm »
sobrang nakarelate ako lagi ako sinasabihan ni mama na para akong kuba pag maglakad.

jaded1025

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 11:10:06 pm »
Im a slouch din, at lately sumasakit likod ko na nagraradiate sa chest. Sabi ng friend ko baka daw scoliotic ako.

ylisza

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 06:01:56 am »
my mom is super ma-slouch, she never taught us anything about good posture.. si mom kase medyo boyish, don't know why.. because of her, naging conscious tuloy ako sa posture thingy na yan.. natuto tuloy ako na always maging aware kung papano maglakad, umupo, na hindi kuba..

lalo na ngayon, tumatanda na ako lalo.. mas lalong dapat tandaan na slouching is a no-no..

ShoesAndTravel

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 05:18:37 pm »
Yeah I heard Yoga daw ang solution for bad posture and scoliosis. Coz I asked around na about this. Because sumasakit madalas likod ko. And I think hindi na pantay shoulders ko, I dunno lang ha.. But yeah... Will try yoga soon. Pag may time na. haha

PINKAHOLIC

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 01:15:59 pm »
Medyo hukot din ako, pag naman pinipilit kong mag straight body sumasakit lang ang likod ko,
mataba kc ako e.

chacha.12

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 07:56:04 am »
ako din super terrible posture talaga. and lately nararamdaman ko na nga yung sakit sa likod ko. yun bang madaling mangalay. and last time na nagpamedical check up ako, may mild scolio na daw ako.  :( pero madali naman daw ikorek yung ganitong case. ewan ko ba bakit di ko sinusunod yung sabi ng PT grad friend ko na magseek na ko ng advice ng doctor for management and para na rin marecommend ako sa therapist. hehe

may nakita akong thread for yoga. i wanna try bikram yoga sa t. morato kasi ito yung pinaka accessible for me. kaso parang kinakabahan ako baka di ko kaya yung init and yung mga postures.  :-\ and not so sure kung makokorek to sa yoga or lalapit ako sa doctor (PT, ortho or chiro?) sino nga ba ang doctor sa ganitong back problem? (sorry mga sis kung OT?) TIA  ;D

ma'am ibong, where do you teach po? sana nga po yoga is one solution. atleast maayos na posture and at the same time ma-tone pa muscles  :D

stupidgal

  • Guest
Re: How to Keep a Good Posture
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 11:47:29 pm »
Same here, this is really my problem ever since pero ngayon lang ako nakakaramdam ng back ache. Ngayon tuloy hindi ko na alam kung naka straight na ba yung likod ko or hindi kasi super ngawit siya lagi.

And yeah, I have mild scolio. tinuruan ako ng pt friend ng exercise but nandun pa din yung ngalay feeling.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close