watch now

Author Topic: Best local nail polish  (Read 77005 times)

strawberryswitchblade

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 05:51:16 pm »
Just want to add to my first post:

Klik - wide selection of colors, opacity is buildable (3-4 coats, formula is not thick)
SanSan - opaque color, trendy shades, like their cremes, slightly thick formula though
Bobbie - their cremes/solid colors are too sheer for me but their shimmers/glitters are really nice for layering
Caress - ok, some colors are interesting, pero minsan madali matuyo sa bottle.
24k - their glitters and flakes are nice, they have some interesting duochromes

ones I dislike:
Chic and Caronia - usually too sheer, very thick ang formula and doesn't dry fast. These are the local brands I like least, I'm disappointed with the quality.
Cutex - has the same colors as Bobbie. they're overpriced IMO and not unique.

Careline was great in terms of quality and opacity (I loved their black and white cremes) pero parang discontinued na yung line, sadly.

pink_stardust

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2010, 06:14:03 pm »
i gave caronia another try, and i must say they are even less prone to chipping compared to my tfs and elianto polishes.

ginamit ko yung caronia without my usual sally hansen topcoat, i thought baka tanggalin ko din yung caronia after a couple of hours, expecting na magchichip agad, but i was wrong. i wore my caronia polish for a week, and there were barely any chips. walang topcoat yun! tried the frosty orange, violet, and green colors. lahat sila okay.

yung tfs and elianto polish ko, kahit may top coat nagchichip.

i think it's because mas madaling matuyo ang caronia kesa dun sa 2 brands. and pangit lang dun, mbilis ding matuyo sa bottle. they're clumpy na now, and i have to use a thinner everytime i wanna use it.

yung elianto, tfs, and sally hansen polishes ko, the consistency is still good even after a year or several months.

dreamer08

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 12:58:34 am »
super fave ko talaga Sansan nailpolishes.  I am a big fan of the colors and the pigmentation.  Matagal din sya sa nails.  I also like the Allue nailpolishes. yung bago. ang bango nya. di katulad ng ibang nailpolishes na amoy chemical.  pigmentation is great too and cheap pa pareho.

Caress din is ok for me.  They have sheer ones and super pigmented ones.  I love their gray color.  Diamond Gay ata yung name.  I love the brush kasi mataba.hehe

Bobbie naman has a wide range of colors. Nakakadisappoint lang minsan kasi most of the polishes from them that I tried hindi true sa bottle nila and madali sila magchip sa akin.

Caronia, I like their glitter polishes. super pigmented din sila!


mga sis, ano bang magandang local na topcoat? i am in the hunt kasi e. Iyong matagal ang staying power sana.

thanks :)

« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:28:48 am by FN Administrator »

rosey

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 11:01:30 am »
^ok ang caronia top coat ;D

belle_in_pink

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 05:02:36 pm »
ayaw ko sana share pero share ko na nga,haha. Klik brand, i buy it from metro department store. The gray shades are so pretty,kaso they go on a bit sheer,you need 3-4 coats but they're 14pesos lang so its okay

I super agree!  I like the assortment of colors of Klik (kaloka ang name haha) but they're so sheer. :(
Meron bang nail polish na big 3-free? 
I've noticed na wala na yung Big 3 Chemicals sa ibang local polishes like Bobbie.  I think the new ones don't have these.

Shucks, super late reaction ko dito sa thread na to!  Haha!

Of all the brands I've tried the best talaga ang Sansan hands down.  I love the formula.  Best best best.  Di ako makapaniwala I'm using a local brand, it beats the ass ng ibang difficult to work with imported nail polish ko. :)  I love the colors pa.  Sana they come up with more colors!

Allue is also nice though they only come in mini bottles since this line is for teens.  As opaque and as easy to work with as Sansan.

Caronia sana the best brush in my opinion pero my goodness, panay frosts!!!!!!!  Grrr!!!!

Bobbie naman kahit mini bottles nila nice yung brush!  Love their new colors too.

Ang must-have for me are the 24k brand polishes - unique duochromes and nice formula. :) 

Caress, ok sana ang assortment ng colors pero sheer din and the brushes are not easy to work with.

Ano pa ba?  Super addict kasi ako. :D 

lytblu

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 05:21:39 pm »
anong mga local base coat pwede nyo i-recommend?

faerydoll_kilen

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 05:47:35 pm »
Mutya Nail Polish from Rustans
they have great colors.  :)

lovey_leng

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 07:20:57 pm »
Sassy nail polish in watson's store. The colors are really pigmented and lasts on the nails for days. doesn't chip off that fast. Very cheap at 15 php for a small size.

belle_in_pink

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 01:44:58 am »
anong mga local base coat pwede nyo i-recommend?

Actually isa pa lang ang base coat na alam kong base coat talaga produced by a local brand - Caronia.  Ok naman sya.  I use this when swatching.

^^ Uy oo nga, Mutya!  I forgot about that!  Love the polish names too, very nationalistic. :)  I like the concept behind it.  Bobbie rin ang may gawa ng Mutya.  Sana they market it pa and grow that brand.

nina0205

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 04:04:35 am »
Super agree with Belle on San San. I'm really impressed with the formula plus it's Big 3 Free! I just hope they come out with more colors. 

belle_in_pink

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 04:44:24 am »
^ Nakakatuwa ang Sansan noh?  tapos parang wala akong nakitang RED!  O diba first yun...isang brand na walang red polish.  I mean from the new line.  I think meron silang red from the old line (hindi square yung bottles).

rosey

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 12:28:22 pm »
magkano ang san san polish? ndi ko pa to nattry ;D

m i k m i k

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 01:08:33 pm »
Any local nail polish na color turquoise?

twiist

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 01:19:00 pm »
^Meron atang turquoise ang San San.

Which Rustan's branch has Mutya nail polish? Meron ba nito sa Shang?

belle_in_pink

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 02:05:24 pm »
^^^^ It's just 35 pesos! and it's not a mini bottle! :D

^ Yep, merong turquoise ang sansan! :)

^ Before nasunog, Rustan's Shang supermarket had Mutya.  Not sure lang ngayon when they reopened.  Once in a while I'll see Mutya in a random SM store.  Nakita ko rin sa Metro Market!Market!.

itsmekmia

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 02:25:29 pm »
sa local, bobbie pa lang na try ko na okay.
usually ok for me yung elianto and orly..
interesting yang sansan, ma try nga. =)

faerydoll_kilen

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 05:03:15 pm »
^^gateway rustans carries mutya.. not sure sa shang parang hindi pa ako nakakita dun.

michipoo

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 07:52:03 pm »
Sansan nail polish is 37 pesos, 12 ml.

kakabili ko lang kanina nito, cloudy gray yung shade. okay naman 2 coats lang ang ganda agad ng color :)

nobodybutyou

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2010, 09:31:51 pm »
^ agree ako jan. kakabili ko lang din niyan kanina. ;)

micci

  • Guest
Re: Best local nail polish
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2010, 12:19:59 am »
how about sa rustan's makati meron bang mutya?how much?

gotta check out san-san's nail polish line too! :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close