watch now

Author Topic: Online hotel bookings  (Read 14729 times)

wickedbone

  • Guest
Online hotel bookings
« on: July 04, 2010, 01:33:34 am »
Hi GT!

What online accommodation sites have you tried so far? What are your experiences? How trusted are they? I have always booked directly through the hotel's website but I found some online booking sites that offer even lower pa than the rate that is available sa hotel website.. i want to try to explore naman these online services.

TIA!

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 07:27:18 am »
Aside from the hotel's own website, I've tried Hotwire and Expedia. So far no problems naman. But I still prefer booking direct with the hotel specially if they are accredited with my loyalty card so I can get the points. 

crashing waves

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 02:38:14 pm »
I usually book directly from the hotel's website for faster bookings. I also tried DirectWithHotels when looking for a hotel as they usually offer low online rates. Got no problems with them so far.  :)

neeners

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 03:34:02 pm »
I recently booked through Agoda. Yung rate kasi nila mas mababa than what was offered by the hotel. What I like about Agoda is that they accept Paypal payments, although yun nga, dapat bayaran na in full. So dapat if you're booking through them, dapat sure na yung trip mo.

mitch2526

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:09:43 am »
I love booking online, but never directly through the hotel's website. It's more expensive if you do that.

I like Agoda's search functions because the pictures of the rooms are enough to have a general feel of the place without having to read much.

And for booking, (once I decide on the hotel via Agoda), I like asiatravel. The prices are shown inclusive of everything, it's MUCH cheaper, even compared to Agoda, and it's hassle free. You can opt for pre-pay or not (I think) but I usually pay because if by any chance there was a mistake and the room was unavailable, all decent hotels will upgrade you. :) So that's my experience.  ;D

traveltechie

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 03:49:33 pm »
I've been using booking.com for two years now.  Never had a problem with them.  They offer the lowest rates daw and if you find other sites na lower ang price, you can inform them as well.  I guess they would match the lowest price on the net, I'm not sure though, coz I haven't experienced getting a lower price than booking.com's.

What's great about booking.com is that you can reserve the hotel/accomodation you want, without having to pay for it.  You will pay sa hotel na when you get there.  Also, you can cancel/modify your reservation up to 2-3 days before the reserved dates for free (depends on the hotel's policies).

feline13

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 11:46:55 pm »
eto naman sis, offers 0% for 3 to 6 months sa major credit cards for travel packages www.vacationpackages.ph
reliable naman yung site. :D

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 01:40:15 am »
I always book our hotel stays through www.asiatravel.com. They have lower rates compared to most websites and they're very accomodating. I've never had problems with them.

m_lim

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 10:31:19 am »
^mas mura ba asiatravel than Agoda? magbobook sana ako ng Venetian Macau. mas mura sa Agoda.

mitch2526

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 12:23:33 am »
saang website ang okay lang magcancel ng bookings up to like some days before at no charge?

aside from bookings.com? :)

any info? hehe

pandada

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 02:21:02 pm »
Recently booked our SG hotel, Victoria, thru Agoda.  No problem naman, just went there straight from the airport, did not need to call for confirmation.

orangepulp

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 12:03:26 am »
I've tried expedia and so far I have not had any problems with my bookings.

the_missus

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 01:48:14 pm »
I've tried Asiarooms and Agoda. Ok naman so far lahat ng bookings ko.

redmicki_ea

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 11:10:56 pm »
if ever ba magbook ako thru asiatravel for a antel spa hotel sa makati ave this month for my wedding this coming april2011 hinde na ba mababago ang rate nun if ever magincrease sila next year? my promo kasi sila ngayon for and valid siya until april 2011. yung 6800 na room, 4k+ lang sa asia travel that is for april 2011 na ha.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 02:58:39 am »
Generally, no price increase coz a done deal is a done deal.
But best to inquire before you book.

aquacharly

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 03:00:31 am »
If you bank with an international bank, inquire with your account manager if they can help you with your hotel requirements.  They usually are able to get discounts under their corporate account tie-ups, but only at certain hotels.    The difference is at least 20%.

wickedbone

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 09:04:49 pm »
what if you're an elite member or a priority club member ng hotel and then you booked through online booking, walang maki-credit sa account mo?

betty

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 02:56:17 pm »
gusto ko sana magbook sa asiarooms problem is they are asking for the 3 digit sa cc eh hello, sa website ng hotel mismo di yun tinatanong, tas sa kanila required. parang too much info naman dapat ibigay.

meannelopez

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 11:43:40 pm »
tanong lang mga sis, sa asiatravel.com you have 2 modes of payment sa hotels di ba. one is Prepay and the other is Pay at Hotel. kapag Prepay ba yung option dun sa hotel na napili mo, ano ba yun, would you just pay a certain percent or a fraction of the total amount to be paid sa time ng booking mo, then the rest, you will pay it na lang upon check-in or check-out? or you will pay as in the whole amount na pag nagpabook ka?

yung sa Pay at Hotel naman sinasabi kasi dun na parang guarantee lang nila kaya kinukuha yung credit card details pero hindi pa actually ichacharge sa CC yung total amount. babayaran lang yun, when you arrive na sa hotel or upon check-out din yata. tama po ba?

tonette815

  • Guest
Re: Online hotel bookings
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 01:39:59 pm »
tried asiarooms.com mura din ang rates nila plus you can pay directly to the hotel when you check in. they just ask for your credit card details upon reservation to guarantee your book but they don't charge you anything yet.

asiatravel, agoda and directwithhotels offer good rates too but i think best pa rin if you contact the hotel directly baka may promos sila especially if you are a member of their club.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close