Author Topic: NorCal : San Francisco Bay area, Sacramento, Sierra Nevada, etc.  (Read 25040 times)

Vera

• Super GirlTalker
San Francisco Bay Area has to be one of the most beautiful places in the United States. You have everything here: museums, excellent food, the best chefs in the world, music and arts, gardens, Victorian houses, hiking trails, lakes, Napa Valley, Yosemite, Golden Gate, Alcatraz, and wonderful microclimate.

I've been to other places in the US but nothing compares to Bay Area and that's why I love living here.

Anyone here who's plans to visit?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 12:18:47 pm by mama squeak! »

dovey

Re: San Francisco Bay Area
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 08:43:50 am »
is it near sfo airport?  :D

Vera

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 04:05:42 am »
SFO is part of Bay Area.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 09:27:34 am »
I get to visit SFO at least once a year since my brother lives in San Jose. Hubby and I love Haight-Ashbury. Lots of cool stuff to see. Napapaghalataan ang edad! LOL!

;D

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 06:06:28 am »
I'll be in San Francisco for a little over a week to visit the Google office for training sessions. Their address is 345 Spear Street San Francisco, CA 94105. Ano mga nice places to visit na malapit sa area na yan?
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 09:56:59 am »
^Talking about Google, I find Google Earth very helpful every time I plan trips. You can see lots of interesting places to visit with a mere click of the mouse. One can even see the street level view kaya when you get to your destination everything seems familiar.

junetwentythree

• San Franciscan at heart, Brooklynite in attitude, Manhattanite in mind
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Hammie is our angel..she's watching us from heaven
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 01:33:37 pm »
I'll be in San Francisco for a little over a week to visit the Google office for training sessions. Their address is 345 Spear Street San Francisco, CA 94105. Ano mga nice places to visit na malapit sa area na yan?
Walk along the Embarcadero. You'll see the Bay Bridge from there. That's downtown SF so there will be a lot to see.

Where in the bay area are you Vera?

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 08:57:09 pm »
I love SFO! :)  We stayed (for 3 days.. hehe) right across South San Francisco BART station and very near El Camino Real School at a relative's place.  I miss the weather and the homey feel of SFO.

Vera

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 05:06:35 am »
June, i'm in East Bay (San Leandro). How about you?

blooming

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 09:03:29 am »
Aside from Yosemite, I remember there's another place that you can go to an overnight trip.  would you happen to know that other famous place as well? Or baka Yosemite lang yun. I remember dalawa yung gusto kong puntahan that time.

junetwentythree

• San Franciscan at heart, Brooklynite in attitude, Manhattanite in mind
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Hammie is our angel..she's watching us from heaven
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 12:02:32 pm »
@Vera: I grew up in the North Bay (Sonoma area). I lived in San Francisco for awhile before moving here to NY.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 12:11:09 pm »
If we hit the US, we gotta hit San Fo for hubby to kiss the sacred ground.. haha... no, he just loves San Fo best.   I also will have sleepless nights if I do not get to make the rounds of the shops at Union Square.  Hubby occupies himself while I shop around... he parks himself at that cafe on Union Square and amuses himself with sightings of so guapo men kissing each other.  hehe

We exercise in the mornings, by walking from the jetty sticking out across the Ghirandelli "hill"  all the way to Pier 39 for an early breakfast.  I like the SFo MOMA... compact exhibits but really well edited. 

BTW, thereabouts is where I caught a really totally nude bike-protest a couple of years ago.  Have the pictures! hubby said kamuntik na akong madapa sa kaka angle.  hehe  Only in interesting, culture San Fo!   

Vera

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 12:18:38 pm »
Aside from Yosemite, I remember there's another place that you can go to an overnight trip.  would you happen to know that other famous place as well? Or baka Yosemite lang yun. I remember dalawa yung gusto kong puntahan that time.

Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, Monterey?

Vera

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 12:19:37 pm »
@Vera: I grew up in the North Bay (Sonoma area). I lived in San Francisco for awhile before moving here to NY.

Wow, we're off to Napa Sonoma next week to tour the vineyards

blooming

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 07:49:53 am »
^^ thanks sis.

Lake Tahoe :)

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 08:38:11 am »
Wow, we're off to Napa Sonoma next week to tour the vineyards

Be sure to have a designated driver who won't be drinking at all.

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 01:14:21 pm »
We had change of plans and we're in Santa Clara right now. We're visiting the google offices in Mountain View. I hope to be able to get around and do some shopping before I fly back to Manila on the 4th.

orangepulp

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 09:37:28 pm »
This thread makes me miss the Bay Area particularly Union Square, Westfield Shopping Center and Santana Row for shopping, Pier 39 for Clam Chowder with Sourdough Bread, the beautiful public library at Mountain View (I visit various libraries in the vicinity kasi when I visit family in the Bay Area) and the museums in downtown SFO.

When I'm in the area, I also make it a point to visit Lake Tahoe and Napa Valley for their vineyards.
@foodgalore88

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2010, 05:46:17 am »
^The clam chowder on sourdough bread at Boudin was really good. I didnt get to finish the entire thing but people there really eat everything to the last bite.

maple8

• Probationary
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 04:24:12 pm »
hi, would you know any hotel in San Jose, yung reasonable price and safe naman. TIA!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close