watch now

Author Topic: How to deal with this pain alone?  (Read 100673 times)

petlovah

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2011, 11:32:11 am »
What I did was to pray, pray, pray and cried until nothing falls from my eyes.. I did miss him during those times since I was able to set my future with him, literally and figuratively, pero I now know that the break up was a blessing from God. It was a painful experience indeed but that made me realize that I am not alone and in time, I will be okay. Well, until now, after 1 year may kirot pa din pero I just brush it all off. Kawalan siya, oo.. What I didn't noticed were the blessings that came/He gave me because I am too busy dealing with the pain and my past..

One of the things I also learned, never be afraid to stay single. If in case walang maging bf/asawa, blessed singleness ang tawag dyan.. Just always look at the brighter side of things.. :)

gurlzat03

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2011, 01:51:21 pm »
^ very well said sis... very effective talaga ang advice mo. sadness is part of moving on, pero ang importante we learned our lessons well..
I just want to share what I've done during the holy week. before kasi, I was so angry with my ex. But now, I'm little by little helping myself to forgive & forget everything that had happened. everytime i feel sad, i remind myself one word: "ACCEPTANCE". Sabi nga ng isa nating sis dito, there's no such thing as closure in a relationship, but accepting the fact that some things are really not meant to be... For now siguro, I'm not closing any doors for possibilities, pero for this year, I promised myself to stay single muna. then if there is someone that will come my way, i hope he can wait for a year... goodluck to all of us!

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2011, 02:32:35 pm »
eto biblical to.. cry if you need to cry there's time for weeping.. sorry i cant remember the exact verses.. so if you think you need to cry cry... ipagluksa mo ang pain na yan. until such time na masabi mo sa sarili mo na ayoko na. ako i am not sure if napagluksa ko na ng todo ang heartache ko pero nagdecide kasi ako na i will move on & will accept the fact kung ano ang nangyayari at nangyari.

tama ka sis @gurlzat03 accept the fact the some things are really not meant to be & bound to happen. ika nga everything happens for a reason di natin alam for now bakit nangyari but sooner or later malalaman natin ang reason. one more thing GANON TALAGA :) hahaha yan na lang iniisip ko ganon talaga e diba? cheer up girls kaya natin to :)

gurlzat03

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2011, 02:47:07 pm »
Aja gurls! we can do it! :) isa talaga sa nagpapalakas ng loob ko ang GT, naalala ko tuloy nung fresh pa ang breakup namin. As in dito ko binuhos lahat ng sama ng loob ko, tapos dito rin ako natutong bumagon. :)

petlovah

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2011, 03:23:41 pm »
Ako, this bible verse struck me talaga. It was actually nerve-catching for me since there were really doubts and questions then why we have to separate our ways. It felt so unfair, really. I even questioned God though after sometime I said sorry naman for questioning Him.. Here's the verse din timely when I read and highlighted it sa Didache:

"What I am doing, you do not understand now, but you will understand later." ~John 13:7


....Sometimes we find ourselves confounded by the many challenges in our lives. It may appear that God is not doing anything about them so we end up doing things which make our situation even worse. Then we ask God a question many have asked before - why He allow bad things to happen to good people....... REFLECTION: What may seem unpleasant at this time may turn out to be God's greatest blessing in our lives.

......God invented the greatest cleansing ointment in the world - forgiveness. He uses it all the time. He never hangs on to old hurts. Once you forgive, your wound, your wound starts to heal. Forgiveness doesn't heal the wound instantly. You'll still feel the pain but it lessens overtime.... REFLECTION: Are you nurturing hurt in your heart? Why not let it go now and start the process of healing?

 
 
Sabi nga ng friend ko, the key in any break up is forgiveness. Once you totally forgive that person, you will be able to let go of all the hurt and pain and eventually move forward. Ako kasi I thought before naforgive ko na siya pero I was haunted still so nasabi ko na tama nga, I haven't fully forgiven my ex. Healing process takes time. Just don't force it.. Pain is inevitable, minahal mo kasi yung tao eh.. ;)


chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #205 on: April 25, 2011, 04:12:01 pm »
^ thanks for sharing sis.. may question ako sis.. so kahit di nag aask ng forgiveness ibibigay mo yung forgiveness tama ba? :)

petlovah

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2011, 04:32:12 pm »
^yeah, from what I have learned. Forgive the person for all the things he has done kasi from there the hatred will fade away then eventually pati ang pain magsusubside na din.. :)

graceriabel

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2011, 09:42:16 pm »
^ sis sobrang nakakaencourage naman ang mga sinabi mo :)
Nakakatuwa ano kasi God is sovereign over all these things! Eh kamusta ka naman na ngayon?
Fully recovered ka na ba?

petlovah

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2011, 08:34:26 am »
I have recovered but not 100%. I must admit that I love him still pero sabi nga nila, time heals all wounds so I don't force myself to forget nor curse him for bringing so much pains and sufferings to me... Si God na bahala sa kanya on what lessons he MUST learn sa mga kasalanan niya.

Pero whenever I feel sad, I just pray and read bible verses which I have jotted down when the break up happened. Di ba nga if you love the person, you will set him free if that's what he wants kasi nga you love him and you wanted him to be happy. For me, it's LOVE and SACRIFICE.. Kaya, let go.

Anyways, I'm sure that God has BETTER plans for me - better future without him, more so a much much much better guy saved for me. So live and let go. Be happy kasi he already is, unfair naman na ikaw na nga ang sinaktan tapos ikaw pa rin ang nagmumokmok sa kalokohang ginawa niyang iwan ka. Best revenge yun to be happier, to look prettier and to be spiritually healthier.. ;)

For now, I still don't have communication with him even if a year has already passed since our break up. Totally ZERO. I blocked him sa fb, removed him from my YM list, deleted majority of our common friends/his relatives/his family, deleted in my and my parent's phonebook etc.

Iba iba naman ang moving on process per person eh. Some would take weeks, months and even years. It depends on the situation and how much hurt it had brought. Through His grace, I will be 100% ok in time. I'm getting there anyway. Basta leave it all to God and do TRUST Him. He knows what He is doing and whatever challenges He gives, He has His every reason for them... :)

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2011, 02:31:45 pm »
^hi sis natutuwa ako sa mga sinabi mo parang nakikita ko ang sarili ko sayo  one year na din pala ang lumipas when you broke up with your ex bf.. ako naman 6months have passed na since the break up. Ako din I can’t truly say that I am OK 100% na. or fully recovered ika nga kasi 2 weeks ago lang a very not so good thing happened na super nahurt ako ng todo akala ko kasi ok na kami I mean civil may closure na pero di pala.. long story e pero gist is parang binad mouth niya ako or kung ano anong masasamang salita ang pinagsasabi niya sakin ewan ko galit ba siya sakin pero bakit eh siya nga ang nakipag break. At nagusap na kami nung February when I went home nagclosure na kami tapos hindi pala. So ako after that incident I decided na wag na lang kami magcommunicate talaga good thing diko siya ka FB, & yung number niya binago niya na din pero he gave me his new number but I cant remember that whold 7 digits at all good thing!!! I have started deleting all photos of us together. His family is very dear to me diko pa magawa na mag detach sa kanila esp sa mom niya kasi magtatampo talaga yun sakitin pa naman nakakakonsensha naman na di ko na lang pansinin diba agad? Siguro gradually pero pag kausap ko naman ang mga kapatid niya we don’t talk about their brother kaya better din para lang silang normal friends na we talk about everything except their brother I don’t ask din any update about him nor sila they don’t give any update siguro gusto na din nila ako mag move on talaga nakita naman nila how painful the break up was for me they saw how much I suffered from the pain their brother caused me. I am really looking forward to the day I will completely healed & have forgiven him. Kaya nga ni-ask ko kahit ba hindi nanghihingi ng forgiveness ifforgive mo na. tama dapat nga i-forgive so we can totally heal ourselves. Yes time heals all wounds, sabi nga diba ni Mariah Carey Love takes time to heal when it hurts so much hehe gaya mo sis, tama ka if you love the person set him free. Siya din kasi ang umayaw na sakin or sa relationship LDR kasi kami mahal daw niya ako pero ayaw na niya ng set up, yun lang ang diko magrasp talaga pa fully. Anyway I will get there kaya diko na pinilit na makipagbalikan pa siya sakin or pilitin pa siya sa situation na ayaw na niya. So even if I love him so much I’ve let him go I’ve set him free. Kasi ayoko na siya makitang nahihirapan, I don’t know if he’s going to be happy with that but he wouldn’t ask for it kung hindi diba? Hindi na siya Masaya sa set up naming. So like you, it’s indeed LOVE & SACRIFICE… it was a 7-year relationship. & I ended up to let it go.

& Like you as well I have faith that God is very busy right now writing my new love story =) He has indeed better plans. & yan din ang motto ko now BE HAPPY kasi ayoko dun super mukmok while he is having the time of his life & having so much fun tapos ako miserable? Eh may choice naman ako to be happy diba? Taaammmaaahhhh ako na nga iniwan & nasaktan ako pa mukhang miserable? It’s a NO-NO. I can say I am getting better every day & sooner I’ll be fully recovered, few months back my heart is in ICU not sure if it’s still there.. I hope it’ll move to recovery soon or sana andun na ako sa recovery room para in time ma-discharge na =) God is so great in healing thos who are wounded. Just want to share this verse to all of you:

“What I am doing you do not understand now, but you will understand later.” – John 13:7 in short Everything has a reason.

gurlzat03

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2011, 03:05:53 pm »
nice sharing mga sis.. sa totoo lang, naiiyak ako while reading all your post...  :-[ super touched lang to know na madami din pala ang kagaya ko. grabe! as in pare-parehas pala tayo na galing sa super tagal na relationship which we don't expect to end... pero sabi nga, everything happens for a reason... Ako, I promised myself to forgive my ex and accept the things that happened between us.. it's part of my reflection during the lenten season, and I know, for now, kino-condition ko pa ang sarili ko to forgive him, that's why I'm always reminding myself the word acceptance para masanay na rin ako at dumating ang time na talagang mapapatawad ko na sya. i just wish him well & safe always..

petlovah

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2011, 03:42:23 pm »
It really is acceptance.. good read din ang CLOSING CYCLES by Paulo Coelho which helped me moved on:

http://paulocoelhoblog.com/2010/12/31/closing-cycles-eng-espa-port/

some of my favorite lines:

~ One always has to know when a stage comes to an end. If we insist on staying longer than the necessary time, we lose the happiness and the meaning of the other stages we have to go through.....

~ You can tell yourself you won’t take another step until you find out why certain things that were so important and so solid in your life have turned into dust, just like that. But such an attitude will be awfully stressing for everyone involved......

~ Things pass, and the best we can do is to let them really go away......

~ Let things go. Release them. Detach yourself from them......

~ Stop turning on your emotional television to watch the same program over and over again, the one that shows how much you suffered from a certain loss: that is only poisoning you, nothing else. Before a new chapter is begun, the old one has to be finished: tell yourself that what has passed will never come back.

~ Remember that there was a time when you could live without that thing or that person – nothing is irreplaceable, a habit is not a need.


I would also like to share with you something in my file folders and it's about God's plan, something that is a good read too:


GOD’s PLAN

Some things are beyond planning.
And life doesn't always turn out as planned.
You don't plan for a broken heart.
You don't plan for a failed business venture.
You don't plan for an adulterous husband
Or a wife who wants you out of her life.
You don't plan for an autistic child.
You don't plan for spinsterhood.
You don't plan for a lump in your breast.
 
You plan to be young forever.
You plan to climb the corporate ladder.
You plan to be rich and powerful.
You plan to be acclaimed and successful.
You plan to conquer the universe.
You plan to fall in love - and be loved forever.
 
You don't plan to be sad.
You don't plan to be hurt.
You don't plan to be broke.
You don't plan to be betrayed.
You don't plan to be alone in this world.
You plan to be happy. You don't plan to be shattered.
Sometimes if you work hard enough, you can get what you want.
But MOST times, what you want and what you get are two different things.
 
We, mortals, plan. But so does God in the heavens.
Sometimes, it is difficult to understand God's plans
Especially when His plans are not in consonance with ours.
Often, when God sends us crisis, we turn to Him in anger.
True, we cannot choose the cross that God wishes us to carry,
But we can carry that cross with courage knowing
That God will never abandon us nor send something we cannot cope with.
 
Sometimes, God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes, He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, God allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, God sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, God allows illness so we can take better care of ourselves.
Sometimes, God takes everything away from us
So we can learn the value of everything He gave us.
 
Make plans... but understand that we live by God's grace.. =)

petlovah

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2011, 03:46:18 pm »
sorry mga sis if my posts are long.. pero i do hope that soon, everything will fall into proper place na.. pick up the pieces and start anew  ;)

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2011, 03:52:44 pm »
^ sis you are such an inspiration :) thank you.

graceriabel

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2011, 10:51:51 pm »
sis may tanong ako, do you still love them padin ba? Are you still open for that another chance?
Share your opinions nga sis. :) thanks!

petlovah

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2011, 10:22:56 am »
^^thanks sis!  :-* we all should be an inspiration to each other. mahirap mag-move on and ang healing process takes time.

^i must admit. a year has already passed since the break up pero i love him still. although not that strong anymore compared before. hindi naman mawawala ang love for that person lalo na if you became a couple for years. it's not wrong to admit.. ang iba kasi in-denial kasi some do denials as coping mechanism, making oneself believe that she doesn't love that person anymore, as in 0%..

open for another chance? i don't think so. pero don't close your doors. pray for it especially if the time comes that the person goes back to you again asking for another chance to work it out again... pero in my case, no.

a LOT of my friends say that once bumalik ang ex, WAG NA. Kahit na nagbago na siya and all.. Actually i don't know their reason/s for saying that pero I know they are concerned about me. Love makes a person blind. You try to cover up for his mistakes, his imperfections, his beliefs. It's like living in world of fallacies - mahal mo eh, you want him to stay with you for long.. eeerrr.. "longerrrrrrrr".

only then i remember the line we always joke about (which is true naman to most) 'once a cheater, always a cheater..' - magbago man yang tao na yan, he would always have his way of cheating you, may it be small or full-sized lies..

gurlzat03

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2011, 12:50:11 pm »
^ nice post sis. truly inspirational. naalala ko tuloy 'yang closing cycle ni paulo coelho, nung time na super down ako, once i opened my laptop pagdating ng office, 'yan talaga ang paulit-ulit kong binabasa para maka-move on. it helped a lot talaga, but initiative should come from oneself! ;) happy moving on to all of us!  ;D

graceriabel

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2011, 09:13:55 pm »
^^eh sis bakit naman no na para sayo? Dumating na ba yung time na he tried to come back to you?
Wala lang sis napapaisip lang kasi ako eh, ayokong isara yung buong katauhan ko for him just in case dumating yung sweetest revenge ko na yun or should I say yung justice ni God for us.

Pero parang nitong mga nakaraang araw, last sunday nagkita kami sa church, parang gusto ko ng magdecide na I should leave it up God na lang, anyway He knows everything naman eh besides it is best kapag si God ang kikilos for that one (if that time comes). Ayun, I have decided naman na ngayon na talagang i-let go na lang ang mga bagay bagay at bahala na si Lord sa kanya.

I know God is always in control and He is sovereign. Kaya sa Kanya na lang ako nagtitiwala above all.

Pero sis tama bang I should not close the doors for him? pero nandoon yung pag-allow na si God na ang mgatake control, and magmomove on na ako. Anong opinion mo dito sis petlovah?

petlovah

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2011, 09:05:27 am »
There were things that happened in the past with us kasi that my friends think that I should say No na if ever he does come back. If I were to ask, I would accept him again wholeheartedly pero I realized that my friends were right. They won't advice such if they don't know our relationship. In fact, they love ours... Kaso there are things not meant to happen. Actually until now may hopes, pero they're fading away kasi he is of marrying age na din.. a lot of factors sa totoo lang kaya I don't think he will still come back pa. May mga nanliligaw naman daw sa kin that they and my family know na matino so why submerge myself in asking what if he comes back.

Did he tried to come back? Yes, a few times. He even used God and the bible. I saw the sincerity naman.. long story... Pero the next thing I know, we already separated our ways.

Naiinis na nga sila sa kin kasi I am too kind daw and hindi ako nagagalit or naiinis kaso ganun lang talaga siguro if you have already surrendered everything to Him - sama ng loob etc... Ipokrita naman ako kung hindi ako mainis pero slight lang tsaka panghihinayang kasi we've been together for years and soon to be married kaso ganun talaga... Bahala na Siya.

Being a stranger to you and only knows some details, for me, again I reiterate that this this just my pov, you may NOT close your doors BUT don't expect. For now, let go and move on. Kung kayo talaga for each other, time will come that he will come back to you.. kesehodang nagkaron na kayo both ng kanya-kanygang bf/gf.

To cite one example, I have a friend whose relationship didn't worked out when we were still in highschool. Theirs lasted for years din ah! Kala nga namin for good na eh but they broke up. Then they've had their own bf/gf after that relationship. My friend had her next bf nun college for 3 years din ata or more pa pero nagbreak din sila. Then after 5 years, her ex when we're still in highschool came back and wooed her. Now, they are happily married and already has a kid.

Nice love story. PERO not all love stories are bound to go that way. Always remember that those who have hurt you still have the chance to change. Lahat naman ng tao may chance na magbago eh, ang question lang is yun sincerity sa pagbabago.. Ang problem kasi with opening such doors is EXPECTATION, yun hope that he WILL really come back.. :)

chicgurl

  • Guest
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2011, 01:31:39 pm »
^ sis pwede ka ng maging kagaya ni papa jack hahaha corny ko.. or ni Joe d Mango hahaha galing mag payo ah.. hehe i am making this thread lang light.. ang heavy kasi eh hehe..

@ sis graciabel sasagutin ko yang sagot mo in a bit busy lang sa office hehe re: if love pa or bibigyan ng chance..

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close