watch now

Author Topic: Rainy Season Get-up  (Read 32324 times)

~aShLiE~

  • Guest
Rainy Season Fashion
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2013, 01:59:17 pm »
Since it's rainy season, what are your fashion styles.

Post your tips and what nots.

Any suggestions for shoes, raincoats. Looking actually for a good coat. Hmm. Where to buy?

trishevil

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Fashion
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 04:31:45 pm »
This is actually my problem nowadays.

Sa shoes, I have my rubber or latex shoes (Brand: Jessica and Duralite, both from SM Department Store) which I wear whenever I'm commuting and I just change my shoes when I reach the office. Mas cute and style ng latex shoes ng Jessica pero mas comfy ang duralite.

Sa clothes, I have jackets, blazers and cardigans. Ang problem ko is I don't know what to wear as bottoms. Dahil binabaha ang Manila, parang inadvisable na mag-slacks kasi madalas yung hem nadudumihan.

Found this thread: http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php?topic=224318.0
HTH!

~aShLiE~

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 04:01:12 pm »
Ooh, didn't see this thread.

I experienced being stuck in the rain and I was so wet so I plan to buy a transparent poncho, so kita parin yung outfit ko. Haha! And umbrella has always been a must have in my bag all year round. I hate getting my feet wet kaya as much as possible I don't want to wear sandals/flipflops. I have been wearing Prima Crocs ever since pero pumapasok parin sa loob, same with my other flats kaya isip isip on what other options. Thinking of buying rainboots or leather boots, rubber shoes (eyeing Skch+3).

trishevil

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2013, 06:12:31 pm »
^ako naman, I was thinking of wearing a trench coat para di ako mabasa kaso mukhang OA naman kung magsusuot ako nun sa Metro Manila tapos nagco-commute lang ako hehe.

swim_fatale

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2013, 07:32:04 pm »
^Sis I bought a red trench coat from the online store of Tomato and nasusuot ko naman sya kahit commute lang ako kasi di naman OA yung pagka trench nya. Besides, one ride lang naman ako from house to workplace, aircon bus. Tomato has it in other colors like navy blue and grey or beige ata. :)

~aShLiE~

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2013, 02:53:01 pm »
^ Nice. I recently purchased something from Tomato pero I have not seen yung trench coat nila. Will check it out. I'm into navy blue pa naman right now. :)

trishevil

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2013, 04:45:07 pm »
@swim_fatale - ako rin one ride lang kaso jeepney ride lang..minsan walkathon pa kasi malapit lang. Yung trenchcoat ko kasi yung heavy type pero maganda gamitin pag rainy season kasi water-resistant.

bluegintonic

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2013, 11:22:24 am »
I don't work in an office but makiki-join ako ;D

SAHM mom here and I wanna get clues if OA mag-boots in Manila in September? I hate the dirty water puddles everywhere in Manila!I have rain boots disguised as a normal boot from Crocs in brown, a bit higher than ankle length which I'm planning to bring as my ONLY shoes during a week's stay.I love boots and I actually love boots more than any other shoes (winter here in Aussie now so it's actually boots weather).

TIA!

Misis_Maku

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2013, 11:52:16 am »
I don't work in an office but makiki-join ako ;D

SAHM mom here and I wanna get clues if OA mag-boots in Manila in September? I hate the dirty water puddles everywhere in Manila!I have rain boots disguised as a normal boot from Crocs in brown, a bit higher than ankle length which I'm planning to bring as my ONLY shoes during a week's stay.I love boots and I actually love boots more than any other shoes (winter here in Aussie now so it's actually boots weather).

TIA!

I don't think wearing boots in Manila would be OA especially during the rainy season but, I personally do not wear one unless the weather is chilly enough. I don't feel comfy when in boots because of the warm weather here in PH, even when it's raining.  ;)

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2013, 02:05:05 pm »
makikijoin din!

simula June, I have been checking our Megamall to find boots, steardy umbrellas and waterproof flats.
I find Leggings more convenient to wear nowadays..I had bought 6 printed leggings online and I love them! I am planning to wear a long top, more on formal/casual to match with it, kasi corporate attire kami from Mon-Thu then casual on Fridays.

I have been looking online too for rain boots kasi wala sa Megamall.
I spotted a few na..I want sana yung ankle length and below the knee length

I saw in IG too na may transparent boots with shoestring, tapos colored lang soles niya,ang cute tignan, maglagay lang siguro ng colorful/plain socks sa loob, parang ganito itchura niya, pero the pastel colors, not the shocking neons:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/clear-rain-boots

I wonder if ito bagong pauso? lol. i wonder too if the rain will go in the holes sa shoestrings?
I was also thinking about this kind of boots, not sure lang if enough height niya :
http://www.themall.ph/product/2733/boutique/readyforrain/baby-doll-rainbooties/


Anyway, aside from leggings, boots, payong..add to that na the waterproof/resistant na jacket with below the butt length :) it would be also practical to leave extra clothes in the office, lalo na if super typhoon na kalaban mo  :D

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:08:04 pm by momentum »

trishevil

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2013, 03:06:02 pm »
@momentum - sis, I think I saw those laced-boots at an online shop in FB called the LYRA Shoppe. I don't knw how reliable that online store is so I cannot vouch for it. I was  looking for some waterproof shoes too that's why I stumbled on that shop. I think it's a bit cheaper than those posted on ebay. The one posted naman in themall.ph, I saw those in FN's repost of Cosmo's Waterproof shoes. If I'm not mistaken, it sells for P850 at Plueys.

I'm really interested at those laced-up boots. Has anyone tried buying one from TheLyraShoppe? I don't normally buy stuff online (especially footwear). Accurate ba ang sizes nila?

(Edited: dami kong typo error. hehe sorry)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:44:13 pm by trishevil »

momentum

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2013, 09:45:05 pm »
^hi sis wow mas mura nga if a Plueys yung boots na may ribbon but seems like out of stock sa Plueys ATM

Sis mukang ok yung sa The Lyra Shoppe ah! Mura pa ha, sa iba 1k+
I want the black one, kaso yun nga yung shoestrings .. Di kaya pumasok tubig dun?

DV

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2013, 11:42:03 am »
Ganda sana ng Plueys but I feel I'm too old for them. Hehe. I bought my daughter a pair last year, and bought a pair of black Aldo rain boots for myself. Ayaw na ayaw na ayaw ko talaga ang nababasa ang paa ko. OK lang sana kung basa lang pero inis ako dun sa may kasama pang putik between the toes and under the soles tapos talsik talsik pa sa likod ng legs.

I also wear a water-resistant jacket, at staple ang automatic umbrella. I don't like the big golf umbrellas kasi mas mababasa ka pagsakay mo ng sasakyan kapag isasara mo na.

sk8rboyswife

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2013, 02:33:20 pm »
since it was raining earlier, i'm wearing my knee high leather boots on my way to work. i always pair it with sweatshirts and my usual skinny jeans or my pleather leggings then my furla candy bag. buti na lang casual wear kami this whole week.

megumiii

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2013, 03:00:00 pm »
My rainy season get-up consists of one of my fashionable tops, my favorite dark wash skinny jeans, army green ankle-high wedge boots with fur lining, my Longchamp Autour de Halong bag, and lastly, my recent favorite army green water-resistant parka. When I feel like dressing down, I'd don a simple tee, cargo pants, durable sneakers, but same old bag and parka. ;D

Anyway, I don't take the public transportation but here are my replies:

- do you bring extra clothes with you? and wear flipflops muna?
As much as the girl scout in me has been dying to, I don't. Bringing spare clothes with me would make my already heavy bag ultra heavy. Besides, they just wouldn't fit in my bag, and I don't want to carry another bag containing excess cause it would ruin my get-up. I'd most probably leave my extra clothes in the car instead as I can't very well leave them in school. But I've been planning to get a pair of foldable shoes so that in case my footwear gets any mishaps, I'd be able to change quickly and be up and about in no time.

Regarding flip flops, even if I were taking the public transportation on a daily basis in this weather, I wouldn't wear them (unless it's summer and the weather isn't bipolar). Just the mere thought of water from dark and murky puddles (and possibly from the canals) coming in close contact with my skin irks me a lot and gives me chills. I wouldn't risk contacting some weird disease. I'd rather wear the most inaesthetically-pleasing rain boots than jeopardize my health and skin.

- do you wear raincoats along w/ umbrella? (hindi ba sya hassle at heavy)
I never fail to bring along my umbrella even if I don't take the public transportation here in Manila. It's a staple whenever I go out. I put it inside my bag and it adds bulk and weight of course, but it's a necessity given the country's weather. On the other hand, I don't bring raincoats. I'm still debating with myself whether I should get a disposable one. But the next time I go on an overseas trip, I'd definitely put one inside my bag especially intended for those amusement park rides that would soak my clothes.

- do you wear fashionable boots?
I do wear fashionable boots most of the time. But I'm afraid the muddy water and the rain might cause the leather to deteriorate, so I'd rather wear my sneakers since it's more of a breeze to clean especially during overseas travels. In an office setting, I would advice to don a pair of sturdy rain boots instead.

- do you wear make-up before leaving? or sa office na?
I don't wear make-up but if I did, I'd do it at home. But if you're in a rush and are running late, you can just put them in the office restroom... given that you clean your face again since it has already attracted a lot of dirt, grime, sweat, and debris during your travel.

- do you wear jacket w/ hood lang?
Not just any jacket. I'd wear a water-resistant hooded parka. My new favorite piece of apparel.  ;D But in case of an office setting, I'd be donning a trench coat instead. Still water-resistant, but more fashion-appropriate to work. But since I'm only a student and I can wear whatever I fancy, I alternate between black biker leather jacket, denim jacket, cable knit long coat, and my favorite army green parka. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect trench coat. :) If the weather is warm during my overseas vacations, I only bring a shawl with me since it's lightweight and I can easily stuff it inside my bag. If it's a bit chilly, I wear a jacket and ditch the shawl (I don't travel during winter season anyway).

megumiii

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2013, 03:01:19 pm »

izzie7

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2013, 06:10:16 pm »
Where do you buy your waterproof jackets? Thanks

megumiii

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2013, 05:02:42 pm »
Where do you buy your waterproof jackets? Thanks

Saw one in Cotton On, SM Mall of Asia. Price range is 1,200-2,000PHP. Ask for their waterproof parkas. They're not quite fashionable though.

DV

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2013, 05:37:15 pm »
^^Uniqlo has water-resistant parkas.

megumiii

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2013, 10:23:11 pm »
^^Uniqlo has water-resistant parkas.

Now that you mention it, I might have seen it in Uniqlo instead. Not sure though.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close