watch now

Author Topic: Rainy Season Get-up  (Read 32265 times)

ayvigirl

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 11:25:17 am »
it's goodbye summer na mga sister. For those who come to work (go to the office) by PUV/PUJ's ano ang usual get-up nyo?

- do you bring extra clothes with you? and wear flipflops muna?
- do you wear raincoats along w/ umbrella? (hindi ba sya hassle at heavy)
- do you wear fashionable boots?
- do you wear make-up before leaving? or sa office na?
- do you wear jacket w/ hood lang?

1. Extra clothes stashed at the office na...I only wear Flipflops (high varietyto prevent getting through dirty water sooner =) if hard rain in going or coming home from office. Office shoes left in the office..flat shoes, open toe sandals to work if not raining.
2. No raincoats, only waterproof jacket with hoodie or my w.f. coat with hood too and cant-leave-the house w/o my  umbrella.
3.  No fashionable boots at the moment.. only waterproof shoes like Melissa /Crocs alternate with High Havs.
4. Only eyeliner and lipgloss before leaving the house or make-up primer along the way then finish off upon arriving the office.

chubbycheeks

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 10:11:20 pm »
Jessica fashionable rainboots "booties" is available at SM.

Are these like Plueys?  Jessica is the brand?  TIA!

izzie7

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 11:00:58 pm »
^http://sidneyland.com/index.php/2010/06/the-best-shoes-to-wear-this-rainy-season/img_0191/

ayoko naman ng may heels :)

showermist

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 12:16:04 am »
My version (Vancouver):

Rainboots (lightweight)
Skinny jeans/leggings (depends on the temp)
Plain shirt
Hooded waterproof coat or sweater with umbrella(again, depends on the temp)

 

- do you bring extra clothes with you? No.
- and wear flipflops muna? No. I don't like my feet getting wet.
- do you wear raincoats along w/ umbrella? I wear waterproof coat and umbrella but not at the same time.
(hindi ba sya hassle at heavy)Hassle pag suot/dala pareho.
- do you wear fashionable boots?
- do you wear make-up before leaving? or sa office na?
- do you wear jacket w/ hood lang?


[/quote]

drummermom

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 07:00:42 pm »
- do you bring extra clothes with you? No.
- and wear flipflops muna? Yes, when not raining.
- do you wear raincoats along w/ umbrella? I bring an umbrella
- do you wear fashionable boots? Oh yes.
- do you wear make-up before leaving? or sa office na? I put on a day cream with spf sa face before I leave the house, then sa office na ko nagme-make up
- do you wear jacket w/ hood lang? Jackets/cover-ups/blazers/coats are a must for me. Malamig sa office eh, besides I remove them pag maaraw na or when I know it's going to be sunny I wear lighter clothes.

blatherina

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 11:44:28 pm »

Because I commute:

I prefer rain boots over flipflops. I don't like getting cold, wet feet. Plus the thought of leptospirosis... Yech.

I wear a thin, water-resistant hoodie. Below-the-butt length para pag-upo sa jeep/tricycle, my clothes stay dry.

I also go to the trouble of toting an extra-large umbrella with me, to keep as much of me dry as possible. (So, mejo bad trip ako dun sa mga lumalarga ng walang payong tas alam namang bumabagyo, tas makikisilong, tas parang obligasyon mo pang pasilungin, tas para pang gustong solohin yung payong. Imbes na tuyo ako, basa kalahati ng katawan ko. hahaha andamot!  ;D Ok lang sana kung biglaan yung ulan, e hindi naman.)



snix

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2011, 01:32:07 pm »
i want rainboots too.. lalo na at bahain pa sa lugar namin.. i always make it a point to bring an umbrella even when its not yet the rainy season.. i bring my jacket and thats pretty much it.. ayoko magslippers eh pero i wear sneakers or rubber shoes all the time.. yun nga lang nababasa pa rin..

meron bang rain boots na plain lang tapos hindi ganun kataas?

blatherina

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 01:54:38 pm »

^ I saw some wedge-heeled type sa sulit, sis. <2k. Merong Plain black w/ gray accents, tas iba may pattern. Baja brand.

If you're willing to shop online, mejo madami din ang mga low-rise ?! na boots.

I go for Pluey's... di ko ma-rationalize ang Hunter boots. Shipping pa lang patay na'ko. Kahit na sobrang PATTERN kung PATTERN ang Pluey's, ok na rin.

On other local brands: parang puro wild prints. Dati meron sa SM, kaya lang ngayon pang kids na lang karamihan.
Meron sa Genevieve Gozum, parang clear-type na may printed gauzy cloth nakafuse sa loob, so medyo psychedelic.

snix

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 06:26:10 pm »
^thanks sis hindi kasi ko mahilig sa mapattern at maprint hehe..tsaka ayokonaman magboots wholeday so im looking for something na convenient dalin at palitan

gusto ko sana yung crocs georgie wala naman pala avail dito

sublime_79

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 05:16:11 pm »
Hope may mga available affordable kikay rainboots here in manila. Plueys are too expensive for me :-(

mypurplesummer

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2011, 01:12:26 am »
- i have this doll shoes na pwede basain or boots na medyo may heels ng konti.
- hoodies of course! :D
- long sleeves for top
- usually black stretch jeans or dark colored jeans (para kung mabasa man di halata. poise pa din! haha)
- scarf (minsan lang, tamad ako magdala e. :D)

october8

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 05:51:40 pm »
My rainy season get-up @ my office:

oversized sweater (some I bought sa ukay ukay!) :D
or
tshirt and gigantic cardigan combo
with
skinny jeans (the darker the better)
8-hole Doc Martens (na since high school days ko pa nabubuhay) :o

ms_kitkat

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 08:21:43 am »
ako in am on the lookout for cute ofc boots. pansin ko [textspeak!] lately parang ang trend is to wear slippers when it rains. eh, parang nakakatakot kaya madulas pag naka-slippers

so_bloo

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 05:31:43 pm »
I want a pair of rainboots too! But mashadong mahal ang plueys and baja. Meron sa sm dept store, but i dont like the prints. It's too colorful, pang kids ata. Sana we can email them and suggest designs na safe for office look

blatherina

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2011, 06:51:11 am »

^ sis, sa Stoic (Cubao Expo), they carry rain boots na walang pattern. U.S. made daw. Ok naman siya, may low wedge heels pa nga.

Naka-sale pa ata nung huli ako nagpunta. Sa online shop ko nabili yung sakin.. meron silang mga naka-red tag sale. Minor print smears or mejo melted yung rubber sa may buckle, etc. 1,679.30Php

Meron din ang Rusty Lopez na solid-colored rain boots (wedge heels), kaya lang merong parang pulling holes (?) sa may taas, para madaling isuot? Parang shopping bag handles pero cut-out. (Tumbling ang explanation!) I forgot the price, pero definitely <1k. I saw black, blue, meron atang pink? Not so sure.


nataliaesperon2000

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 05:32:27 pm »
san ba ako makakabili ng water proof coat?

ycka29

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 05:46:33 pm »
i think yung rainboots sa stoic is Plueys din. not sure though. i checked their multiply site kasi and they sell yung Plueys din. anyway, meron daw rainboots sa ResToeRun accdg to my sister (she saw daw sa broadsheet). not sure though anong brand of rainboots and how much.

blatherina

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 06:35:41 am »
^ Yes, sis, may Plueys sila. Dun ako nagsukat bago ako bumili online (wala kasing stock ng size ko). Pero meron din silang hindi Plueys. Hindi rin yung plain type na nasa plueys manila website.


nataliaesperon2000

  • Guest

twgonzales

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2011, 09:21:28 pm »
do you bring extra clothes with you? and wear flipflops muna?

Whenever I commute to work, I wear flats. I usually bring my heels with me. I do not like my feet getting wet. And after my uncle passed away due to leptospirosis (he had a cut in his leg and he walked in the flood), I always want my foot covered.

- do you wear raincoats along w/ umbrella? (hindi ba sya hassle at heavy)

An umbrella and a cardigan is fine with me.

- do you wear fashionable boots?

I do not actually know how to wear boots hehe

- do you wear make-up before leaving? or sa office na?

If it's raining, I just dab powder on and put on lipgloss.

- do you wear jacket w/ hood lang?

I do not wear hoodies anymore. I like cardigans better.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close