watch now

Author Topic: Rainy Season Get-up  (Read 32287 times)

sarahsensible

  • Guest
Rainy Season Get-up
« on: June 06, 2010, 09:14:02 am »
it's goodbye summer na mga sister. For those who come to work (go to the office) by PUV/PUJ's ano ang usual get-up nyo?

- do you bring extra clothes with you? and wear flipflops muna?
- do you wear raincoats along w/ umbrella? (hindi ba sya hassle at heavy)
- do you wear fashionable boots?
- do you wear make-up before leaving? or sa office na?
- do you wear jacket w/ hood lang?


cookiecravings

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 01:44:20 am »
- Lately I find myself wearing flip flops when heading to the office. We're pretty casual so I don't have to change my footwear when I get in. The only downside is having to walk really carefully EVERYWHERE to avoid the dirty water. Sometimes, the water still seeps thru the thong of the straps which is a pain because Makati tends to have so much dirty slush.

- I don't bring in extra clothes just a sweater or cardigan or any long-sleeved outerwear that fits my outfit. Why not just keep a stash in the office? That way if any kind of emergency hits, you'll always have a back-up. ^_^

- I'm actually considering wearing rain boots to work, waaay better than flip flops since I don't like getting dirty ditch water on my feet and legs with each step I take. I stay cleaner and get to have fun choosing a look that would fit with the boots. But it's hard to look for wellies here. Would you know where I can get nice sturdy and LIGHTWEIGHT rain boots? Locally?

- Yup, I put on make-up before leaving if I can help it. Less stuff to carry to work but if I'm in a mad rush (from oversleeping) I just put on base and do the rest in the office.

- I love hoodies! But I don't use it much for rainy season. Cool weather yes. Rainy weather? No. Especially if the hoodie is made with cotton fabric. It's just like a big towel. And I tend to get splattered by the rain too often to avoid becoming a sponge. :P

stupidgal

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 07:46:31 pm »

-do you bring extra clothes with you? and wear flipflops muna?
      No, I don't bring extra clothes, I don't want to carry a heavy bag on my 
      way to work. I also don't wear flipflops due to the reason provided by
      cookiecravings.
- do you wear raincoats along w/ umbrella? (hindi ba sya hassle at heavy)
      I only bring an umbrella.
- do you wear fashionable boots?
      No I don't.
- do you wear make-up before leaving? or sa office na?
      Just like how I do it normally, no-make-up look
- do you wear jacket w/ hood lang?
      It depends, pag Friday yes pero Mon to Fri semi-trench coat lang.

In short, I am not yet prepared for the rainy season. I want to raid the mall but I don't know what to buy. I'm thinking of getting myself waterproof flats but I don't know where, I don't like crocs kasi.

catty.

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 12:31:13 pm »
do you bring extra clothes with you? and wear flipflops muna?
no i do not bring flipflops
no extra clothes but my staples are cardigan, simple shawl, or jacket/ trench but no super trench ;D
- do you wear raincoats along w/ umbrella? (hindi ba sya hassle at heavy)
no
- do you wear fashionable boots?
no, i prefer killer hills
- do you wear make-up before leaving? or sa office na?
before leaving my place i just put on sunblock, powder and lip gloss/stcik
- do you wear jacket w/ hood lang?
no

Romina

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 01:16:24 pm »
Rainy season ( my Atlanta version)
- leather/oxford boots
- skinny jeans or leggins
- tunic top
- my umbrella
- leather jacket

LovingWife

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 12:24:21 am »
^I wear flip flops muna for work, then wear my office shoes, but sometimes I wear flats if it is not really needy for me to wear my business casual attire which works for me. :)  How could anyone forget their jacket this time of weather.  I hate bringing umbrellas, which I think forgotten tons already since way back in high school, that's why I make sure I make my way to the office not getting totally wet.  :)

doctor_betty

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 09:04:07 am »
Rubber boots, definitely a must have=)

mommyjo

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 11:02:09 pm »
Rubber boots, definitely a must have=)

where are the fashionable ones available?

RhineandGlam

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 12:35:14 am »
Yeah where can we find fashionable boots na okay mabasa.


One time I had to go to work and the rain was so heavy I was soaked pagdating ko sa office. I had an umbrella pero not enough.

Now I bring my hooded jacket and pag heavy rain talaga dapat magdala ng extra clothes [textspeak!] baka magkasakit pa.

summersunder

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 08:22:32 pm »
i want a fashionable boots too :) yung kikay ang dating hehe :D

douxmadchen

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 06:28:43 pm »
wearing flip flops during rainy season can really be a hassle at times... :(
anyone who knows kung saan makakabili ng fashionable rubber boots, mga sis? salamat. :)

trizh

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 07:54:03 pm »
  -- kapag papasok sa school..

- do you bring extra clothes with you? and wear flipflops muna?
  *no extra clothes. no flipflops din. hassle eh.
- do you wear raincoats along w/ umbrella? (hindi ba sya hassle at heavy)
  *may dala lang akong umbrella lage.
- do you wear fashionable boots?
  *hmm. nope. gusto ko sana. ;D
- do you wear make-up before leaving? or sa office na?
  *yess. kasi mahirap magmakeup sa school. maraming uzi. hehe.
- do you wear jacket w/ hood lang?
  *yes. para fashionable din.

kelle

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 09:28:35 pm »
I wanna buy cheap rain boots that are nice-looking like Plueys!

heideeth

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 06:30:39 pm »
Jessica fashionable rainboots "booties" is available at SM.

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 10:15:29 pm »
How about tights, now the weather is wet and therefore cooler, do you wear tights inside the office?

I miss wearing tights!

chocobaby

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010, 03:51:28 am »
ako nagtitights pa din. i can't leave home without it :) feeling ko ako si zooey deschanel eh. haha. pero i have some coats na super rainy season chic. ala mad men :) pero no to pants and always bring flats (yong skechers na cali para waterproof pa din)

cesnes

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 05:08:31 am »
I like wearing either sandals/slippers (ok lang mabasa ang paa, madali namang pinasan/hugasan), but sometimes I wear boots. Basta ang ayoko lang suotin ay mga sneakers, naiinis kasi ako pag napasukang ng tubig at nababasa ang medyas.

I don't usually wear a raincoat, just a normal jacket for work.

I don't like doing makeup in the office, so I do it before leaving, kelangan lang waterproof ang mascara at eyeliner kung meron :)

numonorean

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 02:06:26 pm »


- do you bring extra clothes with you? and wear flipflops muna?
I have an extra set of clothes at work.  eto yung pang-emergency lang.  sakaling i get stuck at work.  my work shoes are also at work.  i wear flats during the commute.

- do you wear raincoats along w/ umbrella? (hindi ba sya hassle at heavy)
no raincoat for me.  umbrella lang.  i just get creative with my jackets.

- do you wear fashionable boots?
sometimes.  when i feel like it and it's sensible to wear them. 

- do you wear make-up before leaving? or sa office na?
madalas sa work na.  unless sipagin ako.

- do you wear jacket w/ hood lang?
nope.  kung pang-taklob lang sa ulo ko ang kailangan, pwede din naman ang scarf o bandana o caps/hats.

i like tights, too.  i don't get to wear it often, though. 

ycka29

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 01:54:10 pm »
its rainy season already!!

mga sis, where can i buy fashionable rain boots? aside from plueysmanila?

fashion_addict

  • Guest
Re: Rainy Season Get-up
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 01:47:51 am »
I see myself wearing my jogging pants, tights, cardigans, pull- overs, hoodies, long sleeved tees, beanies, and my wellington boots from plueys! :D

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close