Hi mga sis! Just want to share my labor story.

Baby boy: Keith Railey
18 July 2013 | 4:34 AM
6.2 lbs | 50cm
July 15, 2013 | 11:30pm | 39w5d
Super likot ni baby sa loob ng tummy ko, very unsual. Every 5mins nagsisipa sya. I texted my OB, she instructed me to go to the hospital na. Just when we're about to leave, I went to the comfort room. Lo and behold, the discomfort was gone. :p
July 16, 2013 | 39w6d
OB instructed me thru text to have a BPS utz the next day and go to her clinic for interpretations of result.
July 17, 2013 | 40w
Originally, I have to have my BPS with NST utz first before OB conduct a routine check-up. But then, she talked to me first.
She asked me if I want my delivery to be featured in the documentary that BBC is currently filming in MMC. I was in awe and feeling uneasy. Since I'm a first time mom, parang mas nkaka-add ng stress at kaba na may na video na lagi nkakatutok during my delivery. The only perk is that I'll have to stay in the Birthing Room for free and have two companions during the entire delivery. Still I declined, I'm not really comfy with the idea. :p
Going back, OB conducted an IE, sadly I'm still 2cm dilated.

She told me that if I passed the BPS utz, we can wait until the 41w for delivery. But if I have regular contractions in my NST, she'll induce me na to labor.
I had my NST first, I only have two strong contractions during the 30mins test. For the BPS utz, sadly I only scored 6/8. I have low AFI with only 4.2cm. With that, my OB decided to have me induced.
I was admitted in the DR at 3pm. Patawa-tawa pa ako sa mga nurse, kasi nga parang hindi pa ako manganganak at wala akong nararamdan pa. I really don't know what to expect. The moment I entered the Labor Room, kung ano-ano kinabit sakin at nilagyan na ng oxytocin ang IV ko.
At 5pm, I already felt the regular contractions at 4-5mins interval. I was already 4cm dilated na daw. They gave me na epidural, I can't explain the pain when the anes inserted the needle at my spinal cord. Sumabay pa contractions kaya super pigil ako sa pag-galaw or else baka sumala ang turok at ma-paralyzed pa ako. Thanks heavens. I survived, and my anes is super bait. The epid really did its job, nabawasan sakit ng contractions.
At 7pm, they ruptured my BOW. Parang nawala agad effect ng epid, ayan na naman ang contractions. I was 5cm dilated na.
As the hour passed, my dilation increases at 1cm per hour. At the same time, super sakit na ng contractions ko. Nakaka-ilang joyful mystery na ako at kung ano-anong dasal to comfort myself.
At 10pm nag-stuck dilation ko at 8cm, bumagal din contractions ko.
At 12mn, I was crying myself to pain, sorry po Jesus, pero napapa-bad words na ako. Parang I'm about to die na talaga, epid was not working anymore, I think nakaka-4shots na epid na sila sakin. I'm tempted na to request for a cs operation. Good thing, I hold on to my faith. And keep on chanting, "This too shall pass." while looking at the crucifix at the door.
At 2am-3am, I'm already fully dilated hence baby is still floating. Resident OB and my OB are teaching/coaching me how to push. My OB told the team at 4am I will be wheeled na to Delivery Room. I was relieved, I really wanted to give birth na. I know the pain of contractions will stop the moment I started to push.
But the time seems so slow, and my contractions is getting worse. Pag nararamdaman ko na yung strong contraction, I started pushing per instruction of my OB para daw bumaba na si baby. My ever mabait na anes is also coaching me na how to push properly and giving me words of encouragement. I was also very hungry and thirsty. Parang wala na ako energy, my anes instructed the nurse to give me water thru cotton swab. My anes is really an angel.

Finally at 4am, I was wheeled na to Delivery Room. I'm grinning na from to ear to ear, malapit na matapos sakit ng contractions and after like an eternity, makikita ko na ang Baby Love namin. Wa pakels na kung halos nakakabuyangyang na aking everything sa madlang people. :p
Since hindi enough ang pagppush ko, the resident OB helped me to push our baby. Talagang mega dagan sya sa tyan ko to push the baby (that resulted many bruise in my tummy) after six-nine push, baby out at 4:34am.

btw, nagulat nlang ako hubby is at my side na during my delivery. My OB was true to her words that she'll allow hubby to the DR. I'm so happy his with me, supporting me all the way.

I thought everything was already perfect with our baby, pero bakit hindi sya umiyak like those in the movies when the baby was out?
While my OB is stitching my perineum cut, I was eyeing my baby in the table with the nurses trying to make him cry. I can sense that my hubby is also worried. But OB assured me na baka na-stress lang si baby sa tagal ng labor ko. Okay naman daw color nya, pinkish and hindi pale. Parang pusa lang sya na meow na meow, iiyak pero saglit lang. God is good, after few minutes our baby boy belted a loud cry. And everyone in the room cheered.

hindi ko na naramdaman yung pagstitch skin (thanks to epid) and yung pagtanggal ng placenta sa kakaworry kay baby.
So they briefly gave me our baby for "unang yakap" and they latch our baby to me. My ob is just so sweet na sya pa talaga ang nagpicture smin with baby for our first family pic.
So there you go, that's my Labor Story. Sorry, sobrang haba. All the pain I've been through was all worth it after seeing our Baby Keith Railey. I wish you luck sisses, I was able to do it, so can you.
