watch now

Author Topic: Signs of labor  (Read 834528 times)

yaninay

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #280 on: March 02, 2011, 02:08:04 pm »
sis glamorosa: i can't remember what time exactly my OB broke my water bag but minutes after breaking it dun ko na naramdaman yung pain pag may contraction. Hanggang sa nagpprogress na yung pain and i requested na for epidural.   

yaninay

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #281 on: March 02, 2011, 02:11:59 pm »
sis h_winx: Kung priority din talaga ng OB mo na thru NSD ka as much as possible mas maganda talaga. Ako kasi 5 days after giving birth malaki na kagad improvement sakin. Mas mabilis talaga recovery pag NSD. Good luck sayo sis. :)

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #282 on: March 02, 2011, 02:19:56 pm »
sa mga nag-give birth... just wondering kung ano mas masakit. pulikat o yung labor? pwede bang icompare yun?

yaninay

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #283 on: March 02, 2011, 02:29:33 pm »
^ pulikat is nothing. Labor is the climax of everything you've experienced for the past 9 months.

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #284 on: March 02, 2011, 02:36:16 pm »
waah! hahaha! pulikat is nothing... hindi ko kinaya ang pulikat nang three times syang nag-occur, I had to wake up hubby. at least kahit papano, I know what to expect... and I hope, I would be mobile during my labor to manage the pain.

sinisterspark

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #285 on: March 02, 2011, 02:38:03 pm »
Tanong ko lang din... routine lang ba na pag-ina-IE ka, diba may betadine spray sila tapos ipapasok na nila yung kamay nila sa loob.  Pagkatapos ba, ganon na lang yon, icocover ka lang nila ng blanket? Kasi sa labor ko, dahil nung una hindi man lang nila ni-wipe yung crotch ko pagkatapos, nagchills ako.  Ang lamig pala sa buong katawan pag basa ka doon. Grabe na din ang bleeding ko noon kasi.  Nung huli nagrerequest ako na i-dry nila yung area muna.

Re pulikat: in my case naramdaman ko din sya during labor, hehe.  Tingin ko yung sakit sa labor may added factor na time.  Kasi kahit naman hindi gaano masakit ang isang parte ng katawan, kung inabot ng ilang oras na masakit, parang lumalala.

h_winx

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #286 on: March 02, 2011, 02:43:23 pm »
i elevate nyo po yun paa nyo pag matutulog kayo ako puro unan kapaligid sa akin para di me pulikat pati ulo ko elevated kasi at this stage madali na tayo kapusin ng hininga.

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #287 on: March 02, 2011, 02:48:57 pm »
^^ay ang hirap naman nun sis, labor plus pulikat.

^tnx sis. Buti one night ko lang sya naranasan at di na naulit.

prettymom

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #288 on: March 02, 2011, 06:21:50 pm »
My Labor story for my 3rd child.


Feb 10: had a check up.. I was hoping OB would tell me I won't go home anymore and I'm ready to deliver but she told
Me otherwise.. I'm not yet ready to deliver yet, baby is still floating and my cervix is still closed. And won't give birth anytime within the week.. Awww!
Feb 22: check up again,
Again I was told the sad news.. Baby is still floating, not ready to come out yet.. Arghhh!

I was already on my 40th week and feeling very heavy. OB advised me to have a BPS, I did and was so happy because baby's score is 8/8.  Baby weighs 7.11 lbs accdg to the ultrasound..I thought to myself I could deliver her easily as her kuya weighed 8.9lbs before and I gave birth via NSD. 
OB scheduled me another check up for Feb 28, In case I won't yet be ready to deliver that time, I might be induced already.

Prior to that, I started to walk to hasten my childbirth..
Was already getting anxious waiting for D day. Was having Braxton hicks for few nights already.

Feb 25: one day before hubby's birthday. We did not have any formal plan, probably just dinner out with the family.I had my staff got hubby an Estrel's cake, a balloon and candles for a surprise birthday breakfast for him. It was holiday so the kids had no school, we went to the mall, had a bit of walking, had lunch in morato then went to hubby's office and stayed there till past ofc hours. We had a take out/drive thru on our way home, super bonding with our kids.
Feb 26: 
 2:44am-I woke up with a feeling of gushing water, my water bag was ruptured!
I woke up hubby, Took a bath, get ready to go the hospital. Was having mild to moderate pains
4:00am- arrive at CSMC. Was prep at the OB prep room, I refused enema. I was already 5cm dilated.
5:45am was transferred at the Lamaze room 
Anesth was not available as of the moment so they were asking me if I needed any pain meds already so they could give me via injection but I refused. I said I am willing to wait for the Anesth since pain is still tolerable.
7:00- I was hooked to epidural..
Was actively laboring every 2-3 minutes
9:00am- OB arrived. 6cm dilated.  I asked for more anesthesia, though I got past the 1 hr period she gave me. 
10:00 still at 6cm
10:30: pain is almost unbearable, I told them I'm having the urge to poop, they checked me again and I'm already 7cm. But baby is still floating..I was already worried that I might undergo CS delivery if my labor won't progress sooner..
At 11:30am I can't almost bear the pain, I ask for more meds, labor is active and is already 1-2 mins interval and as I was looking at the monitor, my labor has reached 102+, baby's heart beat was fluctuating. The intern left the room and when she came back she was with 2 residents. They checked on me and I was already 9.5cm dilated.. Yipee! But baby is still floating. They made me push, coach me to do it.. But I was told baby isn't making progress.. I became quiet worried. I prayed harder. Talked to God to take over. 
12:00noon My OB who was having her clinic at that time , already arrived! I was relieved to see her. She did an IE and same as what the others told me, baby was still floating. She made me push but without progress on baby's position. She ordered to ready everything and I was positioned to give birth.
12:30pm- I was ordered to push while they were busy readying everything. I was already in position, when I pushed I was told to stop as the baby's head is already visible. I felt relieved.. I thank God in advance.
1:00pm- baby girl is out. She weighed 8.6 lbs.. Thank God. I was able to deliver her normally. I was so grateful to God for a safe delivery. She latched right away when she was brought close to me. She was born the same day as her Dad's. 
I can not thank God enough for another blessing..

   
    

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #289 on: March 02, 2011, 07:00:52 pm »
wow sis ang saya, congrats sa iyong baby girl.

buti hindi tumuloy sa pagbaba ang heartbeat ng baby mo. God is so good talaga. Magkabirthday pa talaga sila ng daddy nya.


prettymom

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #290 on: March 02, 2011, 07:12:59 pm »
Oo Sis, I kept praying the joyful mystery, n
Because last time with my 2nd child, they had almost the same case, baby's heart rate was fluctuating too, and my labor that time wasn't progressing well, it turned out coiled cord si baby.. They told me
Before that I was almost a candidate for CS, but I seek God's help again and when I reached praying the 3rd mystery  which is "the birth of Jesus" I felt a terrible lower back pain, I told my OB about it and she checked on me right away and to my surprise I was already 10cm dilated. God is really so good.. W only need to seek HIM!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:07:55 pm by prettymom »

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #291 on: March 02, 2011, 07:37:27 pm »
happy for you sis... :)

pray lang din ako sa D-day ko. I've researched everything I need to know. Practiced different breathing techniques and labor positions. But in the end, surrender na sa Kanya.

port80*

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #292 on: March 02, 2011, 07:57:41 pm »
I was surprised we were not taught any breathing techniques in our childbirth classes -- any good online resources for them so I can read up on it?  Thanks!

LeAnEn

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #293 on: March 02, 2011, 09:29:38 pm »
i usually wake up to pee between 2am-4am. On Feb 25 at 5am i woke up feeling the urge to pee. I was surprised to see some bloody show sa undies ko.  This is it!, sabi ko. I didn't feel any contractions so that morning, I went out for a walk pa to help me during labor and at  the same time contacted my OB.

12:45pm: admitted at CGH. OB said I can go for NSD since baby's position is ok.I didnt ask for anesthesia.
2pm: my OB broke my water bag to speed up labor. 
4pm: 2-3 min labor intervals, 4cm dilated. baby is still floating. I was counting, estimating what time my baby will arrive while fighting for the labor pains. Kala ko mga 730pm. I ask for epidural na.
9pm: 7cm-going to 8cm already.  I was really tired. I was already having chills and fever. OB decided to go emergency CS. My OB informed hubby.  Kaya ayun hiwa ko patayo!
10:19pm: Gave birth to a healthy 7lbs 14 oz. baby girl!


ragnamom

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #294 on: March 03, 2011, 12:07:21 am »
Congrats mga sis!!! Ang sarap sa pakiramdam no?!

HeartHeart

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #295 on: March 03, 2011, 12:23:49 am »
@ prettymom, nung nagbreak water bag mo... hindi ka ininduced?   :-*

chrisane

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #296 on: March 03, 2011, 10:59:43 am »
@prettymom - hi sis.. ang galing naman ng story mo:-) ako sa march 7, 40 weeks na. sa march 11 b day ni hubby.. sana magka bday din sila ng daddy niya.. pero sa march 7 magpa BPS ako sabi ni o.b, baka the next day na lang 8, walang pasok si hubby. and pag wala pa ring progress induce na daw ako..

prettymom

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #297 on: March 03, 2011, 12:05:10 pm »
Heartheart: I think I asked them if I was induced but they said I wasn't. I was given injectable buscopan to ripen my cervix thru my IV( every 4hrs) and a medicine which I often heard from them as Synto( which helped my labor progressed)
Chrisane: Sis take care and goodluck! Naku baka mga ka- birthday din Nya ang dad Nya :) ako kasi due date ko is Feb 22, I gave birth Feb 26.

chrisane

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #298 on: March 03, 2011, 01:14:12 pm »
^ i think thats Syntocin (correct me.if im wrong) may nabasa ako ganun sa other thread. wow 4days din ang difference. sana ka bday nga ni hubby para greatest b day gift ko sa kanya:-) mas masaya siguro feeling but if not ok lang basta healthy and safe kame ni baby.

yaninay

  • Guest
Re: Labor Stories
« Reply #299 on: March 03, 2011, 05:13:07 pm »
^^ sis prettymom: Same thing with me. I also asked my OB if I was induced sabi nya hindi daw. Basta thru my IV may nakahalo na Synto para daw mas maging maganda yung contractions ko.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close