watch now

Author Topic: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist  (Read 84939 times)

cheskacruz

  • Guest
Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:54:42 pm »
I started this thread because I've been looking for one, but I am not sure if I missed it or what.

Anyway, I noticed my eldest has itchy eyes everyday. Specially before we go to sleep at night, he keeps on rubbing his eyes and they're red palagi.

I am nearsighted and my grade is 300 with astigmatism pa, so when we had our Sunday grocery, we passed-by an optical shop and had his eyes checked.

I was schocked when the doctor said that my son has a grade of 175 / 200 with astigmatism. He is only 5, turning 6 years old. He advised me to have my son checked by a pedia opthalmologist.

Siguro nagmana sa'kin, medyo natakot lang ako kasi at his age, mag-glasses na siya, kasi ako highschool nung nagstart my glasses.

I believe yung opthal pwede magsurgery, while opto vision check-up ata. Hindi ako sure kasi.

Syempre worried ang mommy.
Pero he was brave enough naman to tell me "Okay lang yun mommy, pag nag-glasses ako. Pogi pa rin!"

Any suggestions? Pedia doctors for eyes.

Thanks!  ;)

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 09:42:07 pm »
Dr. Pauline Santiago is an excellent UP-PGH/US-trained pediatric ophthalmologist.  She has clinics at Madocs, Medical City, St. Luke's QC and Polymedic.  My sons regularly have their eyes checked by her. 

cheskacruz

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:12:17 pm »
^ thanks for the suggestions sis.  ;)

In a year, how many times do you bring them for eye check-up? Once or twice ba is okay na?

Far from us yung clinics ni Dr. Santiago, sayang naman. Do you know any from Makati or Pasay area?



marose17

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 12:30:35 pm »
^ I bring them twice a year.  Routine kasi iyan for preemies.  My kids are almost 3 years old na, by the way. :)

I do not know other ophthalmologists na pedia din, sis.

cheskacruz

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 03:06:08 pm »
^ @ sis marose17
I'll make sure to bring my kids na rin sa pedia opthalmologists as a routine.

By the way, we can make this thread as a directory for Eye Doctors too. For the convenience na rin of mommies who are in need of Pedia Eye Doctors.

We may include:

Doctor's name:
Clinic / Hospital:
Consultation Fee:

Feel free to add anything and of course feedbacks too, would be great!

lailoved

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 05:51:32 pm »
Dr. Pauline Santiago is an excellent UP-PGH/US-trained pediatric ophthalmologist.  She has clinics at Madocs, Medical City, St. Luke's QC and Polymedic.  My sons regularly have their eyes checked by her.


Hi! Can I get her schedule? I just checked her on Madocs site, but no resuts found :( My son's left eye seems to be different, sometimes he looks like banlag. :( it needs to be checked. Hope you reply. Thanks! :)

hardyrissa

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 05:59:28 pm »
dr.norman fajardo of asian eye institute. meron sa moa, trinoma and near rockwell.

lailoved

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 06:05:54 pm »
dr.norman fajardo of asian eye institute. meron sa moa, trinoma and near rockwell.


Oh yeah? Thank you! :) it really helps! :)

cheskacruz

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 08:57:11 pm »
I'll call AEI tomorrow to inquire about Dr. Norman Fajardo's schedules. MOA is near us.

lailoved

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 09:58:40 pm »
I'll call AEI tomorrow to inquire about Dr. Norman Fajardo's schedules. MOA is near us.

Thank you! :) How much kaya ang consultation fee?

chellesunshine

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 09:23:09 am »
ok yan,,always have your baby's eye checked before mag 7 yo.

marose17

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 09:56:34 am »

Hi! Can I get her schedule? I just checked her on Madocs site, but no resuts found :( My son's left eye seems to be different, sometimes he looks like banlag. :( it needs to be checked. Hope you reply. Thanks! :)

I don't know Dr. Pauline's sked at Madocs.  Before it was Thursdays, every two weeks.  We go to her Medical City clinic Saturdays, every two weeks too.  Best to call the trunkline of Madocs and talk to her secretary for an appointment.

lailoved

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 10:19:27 am »
ok yan,,always have your baby's eye checked before mag 7 yo.

pero 9mons lang [textspeak!] baby ko, ok lang naman un dba? :)

melsy525

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 10:35:34 pm »
we went to dr. Barbara roque, asian hospital.she's the only pedia optha there. Ok naman siya. Kaso pag sat, kelangan mga 2-3 weeks earlier magpa appointment kasi sobrang daming patient.

lailoved

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 06:51:54 am »
we went to dr. Barbara roque, asian hospital.she's the only pedia optha there. Ok naman siya. Kaso pag sat, kelangan mga 2-3 weeks earlier magpa appointment kasi sobrang daming patient.

Hi! Thank you for that info. :) How much kaya consultation fee? Nag-inquire kasi ako sa Asian Eye Institute P1500. Im lookin for much cheaper sana.

Mai

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2011, 08:08:24 am »
Doctor's name: Dra. Ellen Yu-Keh
Clinic / Hospital: St.Luke's North704. 7230101 loc.5704
Consultation Fee: P500
This doctor is very nice, and accomodating as well especially with young children. She's an optha (not pedia optha but she handles small kids as well) And I bring my 6yo son to her, ma explain din sya with the conditions and details, not the type na 1 liner doctors who will prescribe you some meds right away.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:12:55 am by Mai »

hardyrissa

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 06:43:30 am »
Thank you! :) How much kaya ang consultation fee?
dr fajardo has another clinic, sa pcmc rm 25. thursday and friday 10am-12pm if im not mistaken. the usual pf ng pedia ophtha is 1-1,5k. may mga eye drops kasi and mejo matagal [textspeak!] pagcheck. pero worth it naman. kc thorough checking sila.

annesky

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 09:27:08 pm »
Hi, plan ko rin ipacheck eyes ng daughter ko sa Asian Eye Institute. Si Dr. Norman Fajardo lang ba yung only pedia opthalmologist dun? My daughter's pedia kasi told me before na sa AEI trinoma ko na lang daw dalin daughter ko but I forgot to ask her kung sinong doctor yung magaling dun.

hardyrissa

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 06:37:28 am »
Hi, plan ko rin ipacheck eyes ng daughter ko sa Asian Eye Institute. Si Dr. Norman Fajardo lang ba yung only pedia opthalmologist dun? My daughter's pedia kasi told me before na sa AEI trinoma ko na lang daw dalin daughter ko but I forgot to ask her kung sinong doctor yung magaling dun.

sa pagkakaalam ko sis siya lang. if ur near moa, pwd ka din sa AEI nila dun. but im not sure of dr fajardo's schedule there. AEI is in rockwell, moa and trinoma.

lailoved

  • Guest
Re: Pediatric Ophthalmologist / Optometrist
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 09:39:10 am »
Dr. Norman Fajardo is a good doctor. i got my son's eye checked already with him. He really checked it very well.. :) P1500 consultation fee :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close