watch now

Author Topic: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?  (Read 37691 times)

MsPringles

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 03:41:56 pm »
^revive ko lang tong thread. I just watched goss' video tip of using this. I'm really interested to try this!  ;D

kyrie26

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2013, 06:43:58 pm »
I used to use this on special occasions  ;D Kept my face from looking haggard and held my makeup well- even after buying flowers from Dangwa. But I remember reading that it's not adviced for daily use, kasi it's not formulated for the face talaga, so I tried not to use it more than once a week.

I found Hourglass Mineral Veil to be very similar! It smoothens my face for makeup application, and I still look decent after 8 hours.

On me, Hourglass + blotting paper and I'm all set for the day (lipcote sa lips, where I used an effective lip liner). A good, lasting blush na lang hanap ko, but I do have blush sheets din for a pick-me-upper.

I know there's nothing wrong with retouching- I'm not against it so I don't want people out there to think I've something against it lol. Saken lang, I don't always have the time and patience for it. If you do, then good for you. If I don't, then let me be and let me try and look for way to keep my makeup on and good. Even if it means using Milk of Magnesia (MoM) every now and then LOL because I definitely would use this on special occasions. Regular day outs, Hourglass does me very well :)

For the record, before primers and such, makeup was good on me for 3 hours at best. It's overridden by oil and shine after that lol.

MsPringles

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 07:02:43 pm »
^ Saan nakakabili ng Hourglass mineral veil sis? And how much kaya?

kyrie26

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 08:50:49 pm »
sa Sephora, around $57 (tax included 9%). nakakaiyak presyo  :'( but I read so many reviews na talagang praises for this, mimicking MoM pero safe and formulated talaga for the face. For someone like me, na hindi pwede sa silicone primers (all the big names are silicone based!), talagang swerte ako that this was a match for me. And grabeh it's so true yung raves sa kanya. Instant smoothness talaga ang face canvass paglagay. I have tried NYX HD, it's fine but it wasn't spectacular. Minsan, di ko pansin difference ng may NYX HD at wala. Pero nung tinry ko si Hourglass, naiyak ako kasi alam kong siya na HG primer ko at ang mahal niya LOL! For me ha, mahal siya haha! If only it comes with a lower price tag, perfect na.

Pero feeling ko ok na din, kasi one pump lang for the whole face, pwedeng pwede na. So the full size bottle will last for a long while. I wear makeup no more than thrice a week, SAHM eh

MsPringles

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 09:47:42 pm »
^Ang kulit naiyak talaga? nakakatuwa ka naman sis para kang anime.  ;D 

Awts! sa sephora lang ba sya available sis? Mukang magandang investment nga yan though ang pricy nga.

kyrie26

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 09:50:22 pm »
haha! fake iyak pero nakakaiyak presyo for me lol

kittycat228

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2013, 12:23:59 am »
May mabibili pa bang MOM in tablet form?

sima

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2013, 05:19:31 pm »
For me, MOM is effective.  Ginagamit ko rin siyang parang foot powder and wala talagang pawis or smell yung paa at the end of the day.

sugardrop

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2013, 07:28:48 pm »
Dried my face and made it itch.

Yula

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2014, 11:11:18 am »
Reviving this thread  ;D

Kay Goss ko lang din nalaman itong MOM. Sana effective sa akin at may makita ako. Saan ba kayo bumili mga sis?sana may sumagot pa haha.
ako kasi talagang oily! kahit gumamit na ako ng mga anti oil,foundation para sa oily face, at mineral powder. Wala parin ang galing ng oil ko makalusot sa makeup. After ko mag makeup meron na agad. Sana ito na sagot sa oily face ko  :'(

nixiquita

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2014, 12:31:56 am »
hm na price nito as of now? yung kahit smallest sana at cheapest na available just so i could try it out first. Dyahe kung bumili malaking bottle at di effective hehe

cottondoll

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2014, 10:03:47 pm »
Where do I buy this? Sobrang hopeless na talaga ng oiliness ko, as in 3 hours pa lang ata oily na and then sa hapon I constantly have to blot =(( I asked the Mercury branches in BGC and Market Market for MoM but they said they didn't have it. Maybe they're more familiar with Maalox? Saan kaya sure na meron?

MsPringles

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2014, 09:37:42 pm »
^Overseas lang meron nung MoM. Maalox lang talaga yung available satin. Not sure kung meron MoM sa ebay.

cottondoll

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2014, 08:35:35 am »
^ Thanks, sis! I'll ask for Maalox from now on :)

sumthinblu

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2014, 05:13:16 pm »
I bought a small bottle last night (P100 sa Mercury). Tried it kanina and it was effective.  :D I really have oily skin kasi.

Yula

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2014, 07:35:50 pm »
@sumthinblu

wow!  ;D good for you sis! buti meron P100 lang pala sa Mercury. Bibili rin ako nyan this week. Sana effective sa super oily face ko!

vainmom

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2014, 09:28:47 pm »
what sinabi nyo sa mercury,milk of magnesia?

sumthinblu

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2014, 10:16:33 am »
^^maganda effect nya sis. I top it off with loose powder lang.

^ Maalox sabihin mo sis, yung suspension form (60ml)

Kasama ko pa mama ko pagbili nun. Nagpa-stop muna ako sa Mercury and told her I'll buy Maalox. She asked me may ulcer ba daw ako.  :D

happyscent

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2014, 10:08:29 pm »
will roadtest maalox tomorrow, hope for no break outs :P

vainmom

  • Guest
Re: Milk of Magnesia -> is this effective?
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 10:47:44 pm »
when to best apply ba?after sunblock before foundation?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close