Author Topic: Vacation on Cruise...questions, tips, & suggestions  (Read 56720 times)

shopgirlfox

Re: Vacation on Cruise...questions, tips, & suggestions
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2018, 10:16:19 pm »
Thanks for replying Chubby_Cheeks, I'll keep that in mind with what you said.

mrs. sweet

• Mom of Erica & Elyza and a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2018, 12:10:44 pm »
We are joining Celebrity Infinity cruise 7 nights Hubbard Glacier Alaska next month. Booked our shoreex na, restaurants sa ship hindi pa. Any suggestions? Anybody here have joined this tour before?

angeljolie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2019, 01:46:14 pm »
Has anybody been on an Australia/New Zealand cruise? We are joining a 10-night New Zealand cruise from Sydney on 30 March. We would be docking on Port Chalmers, Wellington, Napier, and Picton in New Zealand then back to Sydney. The cruise starts and ends in Sydney.

My kids have been granted single-entry visas to Australia. I did mention in our application that we plan to go on a cruise. My questions are:

1. Do we get marked as having departed Australia when we set sail?
2. And are we considered re-entering Australia when we arrive in Sydney after the cruise?

Thanks!

keilu

• GirlTalker
« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2019, 01:54:37 pm »
^ havent been to the Australia/NZ cruise, but when you set sail out of Australia - you'll still pass immigration so you're passport will be stamped exiting the country. When you return - you'll pass by immigration again into Australia - and if a visa needed for you to enter Australia - then they will look for a visa on your passport.

angeljolie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #204 on: January 23, 2019, 05:33:11 pm »
^Thanks. But I actually found this on the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs site. I must have read this before applying for the visas but did not pay much attention:

Cruise

You will need a visa if you enter Australia during a cruise.

If your cruise is a round trip cruise, the time you spend on the cruise counts as time spent in Australia - that is, we do not consider you have left Australia. A round trip cruise will not reset your stay period on your visa.

Ask your cruise operator or travel agent if we consider your cruise to be a round trip cruise.

Source:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600/tourist-stream-onshore#About

Round trip cruise

A round trip cruise is one that:
- starts and ends in Australia
- lasts up to 30 days

Source:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/glossary

princess20

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2019, 10:09:37 am »
^ sis how much ang cruise Australia-NZ? Pwede makahingi ng link ng package nila? Thanks!

angeljolie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2019, 10:53:36 am »
^Hi sis! Eto yung samen 10-Night Australia / New Zealand Cruise. https://www.expedia.com/Cruise-CabinCategory?sailingId=5a686e5c2515760b9f405cf5&cabinType=inside&adultCount=2&childCount=2&childAges=15,5

We got an Owner's Suite kasi 2 adults/2 kids kami and the cost was USD11,338.  On top of that nag book kami ng tours sa New Zealand, on-board beverage packages, specialty restaurants, saka internet, umabot ng USD3,265 din.

blushberry

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2019, 05:38:09 pm »
^ wow, thinking of bringing a helper pero mabigat din pala.
Vulgarity begins when imagination succumbs to the explicit.

angeljolie

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2019, 09:40:13 am »
^You could skip the specialty restaurants especially kung less than 10 days yung cruise kasi sa totoo lang hindi namin nasulit. The food at Windjammer and other complimentary restaurants were good naman. Mas madalas pa kami dun sa Sorrento's (pizza place) kesa sa specialty restaurants. Yung tours din hindi sulit IMO. Mas okay pa na maglakad lakad lang and enjoy the place. Enjoy!

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close