Author Topic: Vacation on Cruise...questions, tips, & suggestions  (Read 60203 times)

zhanne8

• a Facebook Entrepreneur
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • a Mom, wife, entrepreneur and a GT (girltaker!) :)
Re: Vacation on Cruise...questions, tips, & suggestions
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2013, 08:27:36 pm »
Anyone tried Star Cruise Aquarius mga sis? Need feedback pls. Thanks! Also, san pwedeng mag inquire regarding the Disney Cruise? sis I_miss_sleep, how much did you pay for the Disney cruise? Is there an additional fee if you want to celebrate your child's bday there?

i_miss_sleep

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2013, 02:22:29 pm »
^sis, not sure what you mean additional fees but I actually just bought a cake and it's delivered na straight to your stateroom. We hardly touch the cake since dami na rin food onboard. Pang-surprise lang talaga :). And on the last trip, the crew will deliver a special slice of cake pa rin and cheer the celebrant. Per person, it's about $1200 for adult passengers and $680 for children.

jeanette01

• GirlTalker
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2013, 10:26:40 pm »
hi guys! required ba talaga magformal dinner? nahahassle kasi ako magpack ng formal attire and shoes. can we still avail of our complimentary dinner somewhere in the ship if we opt out of the formal dinner? thanks!

Required ang formal attire if you want to go sa fine dining restaurant sa cruise. It's fun to dress up too, pero mas simple ang crowd if Asian cruise yan compared to Baltic cruise. If you don't want to bring formal wear, may buffet area naman where some people go to if ayaw mag dress up. Bawal din ang shorts and slippers.

Reminder: unlike hotels, Walang complimentary toothbrush, robe and slippers dito so bring your own . Mahal din ang consultation sa doctor so bring emergency medicines like biogesic, bio flu, antihistamine and antibiotic.

l_neveph

• GirlTalker
Mediterranean cruise
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2014, 07:50:23 pm »
Anyone who had done this?  How much is the needed budget? What' s the best or perhaps the cheapest season to avail the cruise and whats the port of call ?
Thanks mga sis!

quiet_angel18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2014, 05:56:15 pm »
Hi my friend invited me to join their caribbean cruise (australia) next year.

I'm a first timer.

Can anyone walk me on how it goes? from Oz airport to the port, documents, check ins etc

TIA.

shegie_285

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2014, 08:40:26 am »
^ Hi do you mean Royal Caribbean cruise in Australia? I went with them before pero sa Caribbean, from Miami airport, we took a taxi to the port. Documents I think passport lang ang needed, generally pag cruise you don't need a visa sa mga port na pupuntahan kase less than one day lang. But better check the countries na pupuntahan ng cruise.

If you book via a travel agent, you can book na pati mga transfers from airport to the port.

quiet_angel18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2014, 03:15:04 pm »
^ Hi do you mean Royal Caribbean cruise in Australia? I went with them before pero sa Caribbean, from Miami airport, we took a taxi to the port. Documents I think passport lang ang needed, generally pag cruise you don't need a visa sa mga port na pupuntahan kase less than one day lang. But better check the countries na pupuntahan ng cruise.

If you book via a travel agent, you can book na pati mga transfers from airport to the port.

Hi thank you, Yes Royal Carribean cruise in Australia, 7days. Ah pwede pala kapag sa travel agent bumili pwede na din mag book ng transfer from airport to the port.

Im thinking kasi 1 day ahead punta na me aussie para hindi naman madalian :)

Kristalle

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2014, 08:45:21 pm »
anong month ang di maalon sa Southeast Asian cruise? How about sa Mediterranian cruise? and sa Carribean cruise?

shegie_285

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2014, 01:26:34 am »
kristalle sa caribbean hurricane season is from june-november so baka mas maalon ang time na yan. I was in a caribbean cruise may 2008 we didnt feel any alon.

little_princess

• Shopaholic Princess
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Princess in a teacup
« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2014, 11:48:17 am »
anyone been on a costa cruise? their ships are really grand and i like their stops :)

Chubby_cheeks

• GirlTalker
« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2014, 01:40:36 am »
We were in a mediterranean cruise last september 2010 with celebrity cruises and hindi naman sya maalon nun time na yun.  My fave port was the Amalfi coast in Italy.  Sobrang kakaiba niya sa Pinas truly a different experience.  Sobrang ganda ng mga houses on top of the cliffs and nakakain kami ng authentic Italian Oven cooked pizza doon.  Medyo bit in lang because we only stayed there for one day but we plan to go back again next time.  :)

ohcmon

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2014, 09:34:50 am »
Who has tried Princess Cruises before? I'm thinking of treating my parents on a 4-day cruise, $982 kaming tatlo interior room lang.

The iti is:
Day 1 - Singapore
Day 2 - Penang, Malaysia
Day 3 - KL, Malaysia
Day 4 - Singapore

What do you think, sisses? Pwede na ba ito?

_StarTraveller_

• Probationary
« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2015, 05:27:04 pm »
Hello girls im very interested to do a cruise with my girl friends.
any affordable cruise from manila?
- Newbie Traveller - Budget wise Traveller - I love Disneyland HK -

Kristalle

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2015, 08:36:28 pm »
Who has tried Princess Cruises before? I'm thinking of treating my parents on a 4-day cruise, $982 kaming tatlo interior room lang.

The iti is:
Day 1 - Singapore
Day 2 - Penang, Malaysia
Day 3 - KL, Malaysia
Day 4 - Singapore

What do you think, sisses? Pwede na ba ito?

natuloy kayo sis? for me, that amount is a steal! lalo na kung 3 kayo. pls. share your experiences, kung natuloy kayo. :)

kcaj

• GirlTalker
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2015, 11:37:57 am »
hi sis where do you plan to travel from
manila? for your cruise?

jeanette01

• GirlTalker
Re: Mediterranean cruise
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2015, 07:58:42 pm »
Anyone who had done this?  How much is the needed budget? What' s the best or perhaps the cheapest season to avail the cruise and whats the port of call ?
Thanks mga sis!

June or July in Europe and I think August or September in Asia.  Just keep yourself updated kasi travel agencies would inform you naman.  For Europe, set aside a budget of 500k all in plus budget for shopping in France.

gumdrops26

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #196 on: September 03, 2015, 06:30:49 am »
i_miss_sleep, thank you for the feedback about your son's 7th birthday party on a Disney Cruise :) kami rin kasi, we want to celebrate our daughter's 7th birthday ideally on Disney Dream. Pero mas excited pa ako kasi I'm planning on going next year rin  ;D my hubby doesn't know yet  :-X well, planning lang naman and di pa sure
Although your secret stalking is on the psychotic side, I can't help but feel flattered. My life is awesome!

pink_baby

• Junior GirlTalker
  • "I'll dance with you forever..."
    • Food, Fashion, Fun and Travel, Freebies and promos!
« Reply #197 on: October 20, 2015, 11:50:04 am »
Joining!

So far the cruises I've tried are Super Star Libra (of Star Cruises) and Mariner of the Seas (of Royal Caribbean). Mas maganda talaga ang Royal Caribbean in every way :) Will be trying Celebrity Millennium of Celebrity Cruises by January 2016 with family! I'm so excited! :)

shopgirlfox

• GirlTalker
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2017, 10:01:37 pm »
Hello there!  Has anyone joined Star Cruises Virgo?  If yes, pls. share your experiences and give us some tips, tks!

Chubby_cheeks

• GirlTalker
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2018, 08:43:02 pm »
^ Are you interested with the one that docks in manila bay? If so, i would say it's not so bad but it's not your typical cruise na medyo classy. Don't get me wrong, usually with royal carribean kasi, the food is great and you get a reservation sa fine dining.  When i tried it with my family, yung kasama namin did not even get to eat at the fine dining nung captain's ball.  It's not bad for a first timer i suppose, but if you have tried royal carribean or the classier cruisers pa, baka hindi ka masyadong matuwa.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close