watch now

Author Topic: Career Woman or Stay At Home Mom - What would you choose if you have a choice?  (Read 43388 times)

lilsaintsm0m

  • Guest
SAHM Iba yung pakiramdan na ikaw nag aalaga sa anak mo eh, I've had bad experienecs with house help trauma na din siguro. Bahay and business for me.. Basta hawak mo yung oras mo dun ako:D

LGV

  • Guest
Tried to be SAHM for around a year but I guess its really not for me. Just a realization siguro, I am more of a career woman baka hindi for me ang pagstay sa bahay. But I see to it naman na I wont miss anything about the family. Yun nga lang parang lagheng kulang ang oras. Maybe soon baka magbago din ang pananaw ko.

mimiku

  • Guest
I just resigned from my previous work last January. I had a very difficult first trimester and I decided to take a rest. Right now, I feel so bored, though I only have a few weeks to go before giving birth to my first baby. Sometimes, I think of the opportunities I missed when I became pregnant. Di kasi ako sanay na nasa bahay lang and I am thinking of looking for work after I give birth. However, I know my options will be limited since I have to prioritized my baby. So probably for the meantime, I'll look for an online job. Although, I could very much go back to work afterwards, however I just want to focus on my baby for the meantime. Sa mga GT dito na nagoonline job, share naman po kayo ng sites where I could look for a home-cased work. I used to be an HR-Recruiter and I'm thinking of banking this skill. Thanks!

izabelle

  • Guest
SAHM Iba yung pakiramdan na ikaw nag aalaga sa anak mo eh, I've had bad experienecs with house help trauma na din siguro. Bahay and business for me.. Basta hawak mo yung oras mo dun ako:D


I have to agree na iba feeling kapag ikaw nag aalaga sa anak mo and sa totoo lang, walang makakapantay sa pag aalaga ng magulang sa anak. Walang yaya na pwede makapantay doon. I have seen kids na napapabayaan because yaya lang ang nag aalaga.

 Unfortunately, yung iba kasi no choice, they really need to work. Depende talaga sa family situation.

arianshmarian

  • Guest
My college friend recently became a doctor. This shook me and made me question MY life. I know, I know, it's bad to compare but still... it makes you examine your own life. I have been a WAHM for under a year now. My fiance's abroad so we can manage to be a single income family, and we have a 1 year old daughter, who has a nanny. I still feel guilty for not being able to contribute financially, kahit na able naman ako. :( And hearing my friend getting his physician license makes me think... what about me? What do I want with my life? I used to be an HR practitioner before my baby. I didn't really love my job but who does, right? But then at least my career had direction. I had direction. Now that I'm just at home, what am I? :(

[-c-h-a-]

  • Guest
I cannot choose. I'm career driven but I'm also very devoted to my daughter. If I sacrifice one, I will not be whole.

So far, I'm doing well. I landed my dream job, manager is my dream boss, working dream hours... because of this, I have more time with our baby. I'm always there when she gets dropped off and picked up from her school. If there's an emergency, I can drop whatever I'm doing at work and pick her up. If she's sick, I can work from home. I also don't work Fridays.

can't really ask for more :)

kaiz

  • Guest
right now, i am a practicing accountant. sometimez there are days need ko mag leave for a week to take care of my 2 kids and a nephew for the lack of a nanny. sa totoo lang, i feel happy taking care of them. kaya lang, pano pag grown ups na sila and they wont need me as much na?

RoadrunnerXCX

  • Guest
Re: Career Woman or Stay At Home Mom - What would you choose if you have a choice?
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2015, 07:22:15 pm »
i agree with all of your point of views sissies but my point of view here is we are more empowered if we are working and  financially independent. saka the uncertainties in life hindi natin masabi...what if in the event we lose our husband due to health issues or by accident (knock on wood)  or leave us for another woman or ma bankrupt ang business or mawalan si hubby ng work...papaano na? you mean that would be the only time that we will establish ourselves out of need...i may sound a bit morbid but that's reality and it happens..naisip ko lang ang hirap magsimula when you are already in that situation unlike if we have established our career  a long long time ago pa.

itcha123

  • Guest
Re: Career Woman or Stay At Home Mom - What would you choose if you have a choice?
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2015, 08:00:22 pm »
Sis, don't worry to much, life is too short just enjoy every single moment of it so you don't have regrets in life. Your family life must be your top priority especially if your husband can provide well. Remember you must be a couple Coupleness not a single parent which means that yes you are married but you are not bonded with love only obligation and responsibilities. Kaya ngayon pa lang start investing in your future not financially but spiritually and graces and blessing will follow next. Have a blessed day sis.

boteliscious

  • Guest
I just made a decision! I am still on probationary and will undergo evaluation by November for my regularization. But I won't waste the company's time to process this, for I will be resigning soon. I've been having this dilemma for the longest time, although, I am working on my Master's degree, but I really dislike the feeling of being at work and missing my kids. My husband is very supportive of this decision, he says, I shouldn't waste my time if I am unhappy with what I am doing. But I will try doing online jobs at least to support the family's finances.

goddessjem

  • Guest
Hi..kung kaya lang, mas gusto ko stay at home mom. Ang tagal namen inantay ang baby ko. Ngayon meron na, kulang na kulang ako sa oras dahil sa traffic. Ang bilis ng oras kapag weekends kaya bitin ang bonding. D kame mayaman kaya parehas kame may work ni hubby..

naddie99

  • Guest
Have you thought about working from home? Marami namang job offers na home based diba? that way pwede mo pa rin siguro mabantayan ang mga kiddies :D

nocturnalnerd

  • Guest
As much as I like to stay at home, I would choose career, because I am passionate about my work and field of specialization and I like to reach my dreams kahit na magkapamilya pa ko in the near future. Anyways, I would still try to balance everything.   ;D

IamMarieLove

  • Guest
Have you thought about working from home? Marami namang job offers na home based diba? that way pwede mo pa rin siguro mabantayan ang mga kiddies :D

I'm not yet married and a mom but I always look forward to being one someday. For a career-oriented person like me, I want to get married and have kids without sacrificing my career and the best option to do that is to work from home or work part time. In my case, I've tried working from home challenging lang kasi madali kang mabore but the pay is right naman.

boo.dha

  • Guest
I cannot see myself as a stay at home mom but it doesn't mean that I have no respect for the women who do decide to be one.  I just think that I will be a better mom when I'm more confident and productive outside the home.

IamMarieLove

  • Guest
^True naman. It's hard kasi to do something you don't like. Let's say you decided to be a full-time mom because your husband told you so and you don't want it wholeheartedly baka lang magkaroon ka ng issues about your career and that it can affect your family relationship. But there are moms na eventually, nagfofocus na talaga sa pagiging mom and it's not really a bad thing. Nasa sa iyo lang naman talaga yan. 

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Times are changing. One has options to work from home na these days. May ibang full time work nga na may 1 day a week work from home. My work is also flexible, they allow us to work from home if we need to attend to our kids or some errands (delivery, home repairs etc). Kaso minsan ako mismo nahihirapan as I prefer to talk to some people at the office.

I think the important thing here in women empowerment. If you want to be a SAHM, make sure you hold your hubby's paycheck. If ayaw nya, then make sure you have income from other sources. This way, you would always have your own funds/savings and freedom to do whatever you think is good for you and the family.

ece

  • Guest
this is my dilemma now. hay!

I am currently working as an OFW. pregnant with our first baby. hubby is in Pinas. By next year, we decided na mag for good na ko sa Pinas kase mas okay ang work ni hubby dun.

here comes my problem, I'm still undecided kung mag work pa or be a SAHM. before, gustong gusto ko maging SAHM, pero ngayon, knowing ang hirap ng buhay, parang hindi ko ata kaya. plus, parang nanghihinayang ako sa career ko, tho alam ko naman na mahirapan ako makahanap ng work same as my profession, pero yung self fulfillment ko, yun ang iniisip ko. selfish ba ko?  :(

husband is very supportive naman on which decision I will make, basta daw hindi mapapabayaan si baby.

damonsgirl

  • Guest
If I love what I do, siguro I will want to continue working. But right now, I don't think I fit my current job but they are waiting for me until I give birth. I have been on bed rest since my 6th week of pregnancy. I tried to resign but my boss said he'll wait for me nalang until I give birth. Sa utang na loob, siguro I'll stay for 6 months to 1 year and try looking for another job that I like. If not, stay at home mom nalang ako so I can care for my most awaited baby.

imeego

  • Guest
I decided to be a full time mom na..after years of being a full time mom, i went back to work last february, and tendered my resignation after just 2 mos..actually, walang problem sa work, they only required me to report for just 3 hours a day, compensation is ok, i was earning 70k a month plus gasoline allowance pa.  but, i realized di ako happy, i always worry about my 2 kids na naiiwan sa yaya lang..on my first week pa lang nahuli ko pa yung yaya na sinisigawan ang 2 yr old baby ko ( saw it on cam, she was not yet aware that time na namomonitor ko sila real time)..so ayun, my husband and i decided na i better stay home na lang and take care of my kids..thankful ako na i have the option not to work, na di apektado finances namin..i dont care anymore kung di ko magamit profession ko as long as kampante ako na naalagaan ko kids ko :) mas fulfilling sa akin to wake up early to prepare my kids' baon,  give them a bath and prepare them for school and tutor them :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 10:16:34 pm by imeego »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close