watch now

Author Topic: Career Woman or Stay At Home Mom - What would you choose if you have a choice?  (Read 43317 times)

prettypepz

  • Guest
I resigned from my first job (4 yrs of stay) when I got pregnant. I didn't have regrets at all kasi gusto ko na talagang umalis don kahit that time they offered me promotion.. My life changed after I gave birth, hands on / full time mom kay first baby.. I'M SO HAPPY and I never got bored.. (Cause I have online business also) Kaso it's not fixed you know,. Depends on the customer needs.

I love being SAHM, but when the time came that we have to build our OWN family (that means to separate house from parents) I just realized things.. You know I can't bear that hubby alone provides us necessities,  hindi talaga ako sanay ng walang sariling pera.. I even inform him always that I need to withdraw and the likes! Kaya I prayed to God that if he will be giving me opportunity to work again, then I'll go.. I'm not in a rush though to find a job and boom, he gave me what I prayed for! So who am I to turn down?

My baby's going 6months this June and I am about to start my new work, though I'll miss our moments everyday, I am definitely happy I was able to took care of him 24/7 for almost 6 months.

I dont like yaya also, I rather give money to my mom or I'll resign again for my baby. Im not comfortable that my baby is with other people.

Eto lang, every mom wants THE BEST for their kids, so no matter what you choose (SAHM/Working mom) your baby will definitely feel that you love him/her.

:)

bluish_mommy

  • Guest
^reading your post, just this morning, I was talking to my 5year old child. I went home late na kasi, I told her "anak, sorry you didn't see me arrived home late night from work, you were sleeping already" ang sagot nya sa akin "it's ok mommy.. i love you too kahit late ka na umuwi last night."

prettypepz

  • Guest
^aww... so sweet, looking forward for that moment too when my baby grow na :) nakakatanggal sigurado ng stress yan...

goddessjem

  • Guest
hi..kung kaya lang ni hubby ang lahat ng expenses, gusto namen full time mom lang ako..sarap ng hands on mom ka..first time parents pa naman kame..pero kung may mahanap akong other source of income tru net na ok, grab ko yun..nakakasawa ng maging empleyado..lalo na kung bulok sistema ng employer mo..

Joanalpny

  • Guest
I'd rather be a WAHM/SAHM  :)

ajcruz

  • Guest
SAHM w/ part time lang like Lucy Torres before type hehe - pangarap lang hay :(

baby.girl

  • Guest
We have our own business, so managing my time wont be a problem.  I dont really see myself as a SAHM.  I will need to continually stimulate my mind so I can also take care of my child properly.  Hindi narin mura expenses ngayon.  Just computed our monthly expenses, and susko, 6 digits last month!  Wala pa kami baby niyan!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:38:34 am by baby.girl »

langley

  • Guest
I want to be a homemaker/housewife/stay at home mom.

That is always in my prayer.

Hopefully at the end of this year hihinto na ko sa full time work ko. Pumayag na husband ko.
Hindi kami mayaman. Pero aanhin ko ang yaman kung hindi ko naman nakakasama ang mga totoong mahal ko sa buhay?

I am always happiest when I'm at home serving my family.

Kahit kelan hindi mapapantayan ng kahit gaanong kalaking pera ang satisfaction na nararamdaman ko pag kasama ko my husband and my kids.

izabelle

  • Guest
Im a career woman and I intend to stay this way. Not because hindi ko ganon kamahal ang anak ko.

Hindi ako naniniwala na porke mas pinili mo ang magkaroon ng work e hindi mo na ganon kamahal ang anak mo.. In fact, parehas lang ang sacrifices ng SAHM and Working mom. Lahat ng nanay gusto ang best for their child kaya kahit ano ang piliin for me ay ok lang kung yon ang tingin mong best for your family.

Hindi din porke you choose na magwork e mas importante sayo ang pera, e para kanino ba ang pera na yan diba? for your child din naman.

For me, as long as you can keep "balance" between career and family and you know your top priority, ok lang maging career woman.

It is very much important for me na my daughter feels na im always there for her and of course na mahal ko sya but it is also equally important for me to give her a comfortable life, a good education and a secured future.

Sa panahon ngayon, importante na you have different sources of income, hindi mo kasi masasabi ang stability ng work or business ngayon. So the more na madaming sources of income the better. :)

but syempre you need to balance life, hindi pwede puro work. Kailangan mo paramdam sa anak mo kahit hindi ka literally 24/7 kasama nya, andon ka naman sa mga panahon na  pinaka importante at kailangan ka nya. :)

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Absolutely stay at home and take care of the children, the home and the husband. Ako lang sa family (husband's side) ang nagtatrabaho. My sisters-in-law and all of our friends on his side are ALL stay at home moms. I'm the odd one out.

baby.girl

  • Guest
I'm proud that I am a career woman and still be able to play and interact with my baby.  I pray lang that I will always have a yaya otherwise it would be very difficult to balance work and family. 

I can't even imagine not having a business, what with my bag addiction!  Kidding aside, I really won't have it any other way.  Help mate tayo ng husband natin, in that regard, we have to consider whether  if he can shoulder everything himself or dapat bang tumulong para power

twelvth_goddess

  • Guest
I'm a working mom who has been without a yaya for a year. Buhay pa naman kameng mag-asawa and our daughter is quite ok din.

I completely agree with Izabelle. Whether you choose to be a career woman or an SAHM, doesnt mean that you dont love your child more than the others. Madameng sacrifices especially when it comes to personal time and sometimes health na din. But in the end, as long as we strive hard to give as much time as we can for our kids, worth it naman.

I can't see myself as a SAHM mostly because I'm just used to working. Maybe if given the opportunity to pursue a business, I would. Para hawak ko na ang time ko. But I can't see myself na nasa bahay lang talaga.

Girltalker2

  • Guest

It is just a matter of prioritizing:

1. Your career and Taking care of you self - maintaining, good health, diet and exercise

2. Taking care of your husband and relationship

3. Taking care of the kids

4. Taking care of the household chores


#4 can be managed by delegating chores to maids and sharing some of the management responsibilities with hubby.

Tapos shared responsibilities with hubby din ang #2 and #3. Kaya nga kayo nag asawa, to share responsibilities in raising a family at hindi para gawin kang achay. Kasi kung ikaw lahat gagawa, you will eventually burn out plus working pa.

So to answer sahm or working mom - decision ninyo iyan. If your husband respects you enough, he will be considerate on which one you will be more comfortable with. Kung need ng wife kumita, husband should also support her and share the respinsibilities of taking care of the kids and household. Hindi puede feeling nya work lang gusto nya gawin at Pag u wi he still expects everything in order and wife waiting for him. That's unfair.






maryjoy2014

  • Guest
i actually chose both. I am a stay at home mom but I also work from home. I work as a freelancer in my own time.

You can learn more here: http://www.workfromhomefreelancer.com

missus13

  • Guest
stay at home mom..

BlueJazz

  • Guest
Though I have been working for more than 15 years.. given a chance.. I'd love to stay home and be a mum to my kids.

Angelite

  • Guest
If given the choice, I will still work pero siguro yung hindi na kasing stressful nitong work ko now. Yung basta masabi lang na may work ako. Kapag asa house kasi ako ng matagal parang bored na bored na ako. Hinahanap ng katawan ko yung challenge ng work life.

Queen Chokolah

  • Guest
I love my job now, maganda ang future ko dito. Pero If I had a choice, I'd still choose to be a SAHM. I'd love to be with my kids all the time! And chill lang sa bahay. Ako kasi yung tipo na, hirap na hirap lagi gumising sa umaga at gusto nakahilata lang palagi. Hindi ako mauubusan ng gagawin kahit nasa bahay lang.

funky f

  • Guest
If given the choice, I will still work pero siguro yung hindi na kasing stressful nitong work ko now. Yung basta masabi lang na may work ako. Kapag asa house kasi ako ng matagal parang bored na bored na ako. Hinahanap ng katawan ko yung challenge ng work life.

Type ko rin yung work na "masabi lang na may work" hahaha...

chubzkittinz

  • Guest
Dream ko din maging SAHM. I am now thinking of resigning in my current job and look for an online job. I have this job offer sa remotestaff, anyone here tried this?

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close