watch now

Author Topic: Career Woman or Stay At Home Mom - What would you choose if you have a choice?  (Read 43361 times)

MissChievous

  • Guest
Good luck MissChievous!

Depends what "boring" is to you :)

like

no social life
no intellectual stimulation
nothing much to do (if you don't have a maid, then dito lagi kang tambak).  ;D

But as for the first two, nagagawan naman ng paraan :)

Thanks sis! Yun nga yung first 2 definition ko ng boring. Ano ba tips para maging ok pa rin yung social life kahit WAHM ka sis?

barbiemom

  • Guest
If I have a choice, I will choose to be SAHM especially when the kids are still young.  Para sa kin kasi minsan lang sila maging bata. Formative years nila yun so mas maganda kung mother nila ang nag aalalaga para masubaybayan at maguide ang development nila. Sa first child ko, 1 year akong SAHM. She's 2 years old nung nag SAHM ako.  Kaso I need to go back to work after a year lang to help my husband to fulfill our goal to have our own house.  During that time, I've always wanted to go back to being SAHM pero I have no choice talaga.  I wanted rin kasi to have our own property. So naging usapan na lang namin ng husband ko na once natapos na namin ang mortgage, I can resign na. Now, meron na akong 2nd baby. 2.5 years old na sya. Dalagita na ang eldest ko but until now she wants me to be SAHM na lang. I'm still working but for almost 1 year WAHM ako. Though WAHM, full time work pa rin na 8am to 6pm na kung minsan umaabot pa ng 8pm. Sa work pa rin nauubos ang oras ko. Since bayad naman na ang house namin, I am planning to be full time SAHM na para naman maguide ko ang bunso ko and kahit malaki na ang eldest ko, I knew that she will be very happy na magiging SAHM na ako finally. I wanted to enjoy ang mga panahon ng pagkabata nila. Time flies so fast.  Di ko na nga  namalayan na ang laki na pala ng eldest ko. Sometimes I feel guilty kasi di ko sya nabigyan ng enough time during her formative years. But now, I am going to be SAHM na talaga.  Ayoko munang pakinggan ang sinasabi ng iba na sayang daw ang kinikita ko. We had paid our house. So I think I can live with my dream to be SAHM na. I'm now willing to give up my career and give my full time sa family ko. Gusto kong i enjoy ang pagkabata ng mga anak ko especially with my bunso kasi medyo malaki na ang eldest ko pero I know it's not too late pa naman for me and may eldest to catch up with the loss time namin.  At the end, it really depends talaga sa mommy which to choose, SAHM or Career Woman . Nothing is wrong for as long as it is for the welfare of your family.

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
@Misschievous

Right now, I'm taking my masters. Pero nung wala yung masters, I was active in our prayer community, every week there's a couples group meeting, and every week din yung duty ko in counselling in that same community. Sa ngayon lie-low sa community service, not much social life, but intellectually tagtag..

@barbiemom

We share the same sentiments. Hindi naman kasi mababayaran ng money yung time na hindi na-spend with the growing little kids. When all my kids are older than 5, full blast na siguro ako with whatever I want to do. But for now, part time part time lang, as long as I'm doing my passion which is outside my family life.

And yeah, if the growing family needs a two-income household, then mom needs to work din talaga...

iwannabeasupermodel

  • Guest
career woman :)

MissChievous

  • Guest
@glamorosa_09

I am a part of a religious community din pero I don't know. Alam mo yun, I have an awkward time fitting in tapos iba kasi yung paniniwala ko sa other aspects (not religious ha) kesa sa akin. I want to make more money kasi and help others rather than just be contented with what I make. Hirap kasi to hang out with people you just know na iba yung paniniwala. Or baka iba yung pag perceive ng iba dito sakin ha. hehe.

I kind of like Bo Sanchez and his teachings tapos I want to attend The Feast instead. I saw your comment tapos sa bandang siggie line mo I saw the link to The Feast. I wanted to go to that, my mom is encouraging me din pero ang layo ko kasi pero once I go back sa Pinas, I'll be attending The Feast na talaga no matter what. hehe.

BDJ

  • Guest
Career Woman na Stay At Home :D which is what I am currently doing. Pero if we are rich naman then why not stay at home and rest all day  ;) then kapag bored pasyal pasyal lang.

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
@Misschievous,

I admire your passion in making money, malay mo in the future isa ka sa mga magdonate ng malalaking halaga sa The Feast  :D

San ka ba located ngayon? Baka may Feast dyan... nag tatayo na rin sila sa ibang bansa eh...

twinxz

  • Guest
If money is not an issue, then definitely I would want to be a SAHM. True yung isang shinare ng ka-sis natin especially if you have kids na. Iba pa rin kung mismong ikaw ang mag-aalaga sa mga anak mo.

lan_cooper

  • Guest
Can be both? If not, I chose career woman.

etucsai

  • Guest
I would choose SAHM..
but, I also need to have an income of my own.
siguro online business or any part time job...
that can be done at home..

BWL Plum Angel

  • Guest
i chose both  ;D

i am a fulltime mom to our only 4-year old kid and also a writer and networker
home-based kaya i can do both...

great compensation esp sa networking kahit kakaumpisa ko palang last January 15th...
passive and residual ang income eh :)

mooncake and leaves

  • Guest
SAHM. Napapagod na ko magtrabaho. Gusto ko na lang maging donya. ;D


happie

  • Guest
Mababawasan na women with high ranking positions if we would all want to stay at home. With a good yaya and time management, we should still be able to become part of our kids lives, and at the same time carry the financial burden with our husbands.

Joanalpny

  • Guest
Planning to be s WAHM soon. :) I'm hoping it will work out for my family.

imeego

  • Guest
sahm while my kids are still young...anyway, i can still go back to work anytime naman and my career could wait, yung childhood nila hindi naman maghihintay eh and i dont want to miss it because it's something na you could never bring back...sa mga nagsasabing sayang naman, i dont mind, opinion nila yun eh, but for me, the time i spend with my loved ones especially my kids is priceless ;)

meisaia

  • Guest
pwede ba yung Stay-At-Home Mom pero may home business? ;D

crzysxycl

  • Guest
Kung papipiliin ako, mas gusto ko pa rin maging career woman hehe. Gusto ko yung may sarili akong pera, natry ko na kasi maging SAHW, nainip ako e. Hindi ko kinita yung kinikita ko sa office.

simang

  • Guest
Although being a mom is a career in itself, i'd still choose to have a monetary paying job.

My sister is a SAHM, but she works part time online. Minsan kelangan mag client ng personal pero sobrang bihira lang. Most of her work is done at home, tas part time pa. And the best thing is she earns around 1k USD in a week. So talagang sulit ang work plus naaalagaan pa nya baby nya na 2 yrs old na ngayon

D4thAngel

  • Guest
Palalakihin ko lang ng konti si bunso, and i would still choose to be a career woman. Tama ang sis natin, iba pa din ang may sariling pera.

iamABreal

  • Guest
I'll choose both, kasi sa panahon ngayon possible naman yun basta may internet connection ka or may business ka, kahit small business lang :)

Gusto ko kasi pag lumabas na yung baby ko, matututukan ko sya, alaga & all, at the same time makakatulong ako sa pag reduce ng expenses. mahirap kasi kapag isa lang nagwowork.

pero kung ohw-so-yaman nyo naman, e wag na isipin ang work,. hahaha :D sa bahay nalang tapos family na lang ang asikasuhin at ang sarili :)

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close