watch now

Author Topic: Career Woman or Stay At Home Mom - What would you choose if you have a choice?  (Read 43272 times)

chup_18

  • Guest
it's a tough decision..

i've been in the call center industry for about 8 years and it finally took its toll on me. napagod narin ako. naka-2 companies lang naman ako, 2 years sa una, 5 years sa 2nd. though the pay was not that bad, pero parang hindi na ako masaya sa ginagawa ko. the routines, the work itself and sa mga tao na ayaw mo pero napipilitan ka just to be professional. it sucks! i've been complaining to hubby pero we both know na mahirap pag isa lang nagwo-work. sayang [textspeak!] kinikita ng isa. there is just one thing that bothered me. i was transfered to the night shift so pareho kami night shifts nuon, so naiiwan yung 5-yr old daughter namin sa yaya pag gabi. and i feel so awful. naawa ako sa baby ko. before kasi, my mom was still with us, sha yung kasama ng anak namin pag gabi yung pasok. so medyo comfortable ako. pero sa yaya? NO! kahit na medyo matagal na sha sa amin.

last november, we started a small foodcart business sa province namin and ok naman [textspeak!] simula. since kelangan sha ng tutok kasi malayo, you have to call every now and then to check, i decided to finally resign. i was convinced narin by my hubby since yun nga, ako yung pwede kumausap sa mga tao and ang hirap since nasa graveyard shift ako nun and d ako makatulog ng maayos sa umaga dahil ang dami inaasikaso. so ayun, ngkalakas-loob ako na mag resign. it was a sigh of relief talaga. to not stay up all night to work and sleep in the morning, the mere idea is just crazy. pero nag 8 years ako sa call center.LOL. anyway, i initially planned on taking a rest lang muna for 1-2 months siguro since xmas season din, then i can start looking for work na regular office hours na. i was so happy talaga to have finally got out of the office and can now stay with my daughter all day!

just a couple of weeks ago, i was online and was trying to see what options i have, to earn from home. aside from the small online shop ko, na hindi naman stable yung income since depende din sa goods na binebenta. and limited lang din yung time ko nuon kasi may work pa nga ako. i have already heard a lot of stories about freelancing. kaya i did a little research and here i am, finally a wahm! jobless no more.lol. i find passon in writing, kahit nung early school years ko pa and i just realized na gusto ko parin pala sha ngayon. kaya i am now into freelance writing. nakkatuwa kasi 1st week ko pa lang and i got 3 clients na. and [textspeak!] 2, tapos na yung unang projects pero ino-offer pa rin sakin yung iba nlang projects. and i have a few pending applications pa. though hindi masyadong malaki [textspeak!] kita especially pag nag-uumpisa ka pa lang, pero kelangan mo lang ng tiyaga. i’m now starting to love it and keep thinking kung mag a-apply pa ba ako sa iba. but for now, dito muna ako. i am home all day with my daughter, nahahatid ko sha sa school, natututukan ko sha sa studies nya and naasikaso ko pa si hubby when he gets home. priceless.  and most of all, hawak ko yung oras ko. i can still clean the house, do groceries, do personal errands and got the whole weekend free pa.
so ngayon, if i will be asked, i love being a sahm! ;)

tayntayn

  • Guest
^good for you sis.. its really a tough decision.. pero it is always best to follow your heart...

marose17

  • Guest
I would like to stay home with my kids.  Sino bang parent ang hindi pangarap iyan?  But times are hard.  I have to help my husband raise our kids and pay the bills.

I'm actually at a point where I am so demotivated at work, but I cannot give up my job easily and transfer to another workplace.  Perhaps, in time, puwede kong gawin ang mga gusto ko but I need a good plan.

funky f

  • Guest
pareho tayo, marose.  praying nga ako na to finally find a biz that will earn enough to afford me to resign.  now, trial and error pa rin kung ano talaga papatok.  but with God's grace, mahuhuli ko din yan - this year!

cuppie_cake

  • Guest
Maybe I'm not a homebuddy talaga, kasi eversince isa pa lang kids namin nun I still want to work, not that ayaw ko alagaan ang kid ko siyempre who wouldn't like to spend quality time with their family, but ang hirap din kasi ng wala kang sariling money. I would like to be able to help my husband sa expenses, until nagdalawa na nga kids namin so mas lalong kailangan niya ng financial support ko. Now, I'm still working my as* off, tired but fulfilling naman kapag nabibigay mo lahat ng needs ng family plus some savings on the side kapag may emergency. I still want to be a stay at home mom though, pero not at this time pa siguro muna.

katie_21

  • Guest
I would like to stay home with my son but since I want to earn my own money and save up for a biz in the future I work for now.

berrycherry

  • Guest
here's my situation, I'm  SAHM eversince I got married, at the age of 22,and now I'm 27, still jobless but my husband keep on asking me if I want to work or forever SAHM, then I said yes, I want to be a career woman someday,, want to experience working too... Since our problem that I am not a college graduate, still have 1 more year to finish, and we're leaving abroad...

any advice mga sis kung ano ba dapat ang gagawin ko,I can't decide even my husband kung itutuloy ko ba ang pag-aaral ko or mag-apply na lang ako ng work basta basta... Simple lang naman ang gusto kong maging job since I have 2 kids na papasok na sa school by that time (this year)... kahit part time job or receptionist or cashier... do you think mga sis mas maganda kung ituloy ko pag-aaral ko?

funky f

  • Guest
DEFINITELY!  What's one year, right?

cuppie_cake

  • Guest
@berrycherry: yup, I think so. Much better career opportunities ang makukuha mo kung matatapos mo. Besides one year na lang naman, tuloy mo na.

aquacharly

  • Guest
IMO, mas mahirap magka business. lalo na if nagsisimula palang, you have to make tutok 24/7. as in hindi lang 8-5 ang trabaho mo.


True.  My experience bears that out.  My other business friends will likewise agree. 

The big advantage is you can have your kids in the office - so you are
able to watch them somehow too.  But there must be discipline hindi puedeng all over the office the kids.  At Tektite - hubby and I provided a
spacious room for the kids to go to after preschool.  It has sofa beds, a
tv and its own bathroom.  There are times I am able to bring my kid
around with me too.  May yaya all the time of course.

I just dont want to be a SAHM, nor a SAHM with just a small business.  I believe in self- empowerment and self- determination, and know that
having my own money is good insurance for me and my family.  Money talks, and it is what makes most relationships balanced, IMO. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:55:32 pm by aquacharly »

showermist

  • Guest
^i agree with that. and you just gave me and idea pag ako na nagkaanak. provide  a space for them  ;)

aquacharly

  • Guest
^It works to more benefits actually.

You get to oversee the kids.  And the kids grow up taking it for granted that one must work --  work consistently day in and day out.   As a businessman, yan naman ang gusto mo di ba... that your kid grows up to be an entrepreneur like you...
Along the way, the kid gets to learn a lot about how businesses are run/managed and what attitudes one must have to be successful as an entrepreneur.
Being together at the work place is another way to bond as a family too.

roxybrat

  • Guest
Re: help: sahm or career
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2011, 01:19:04 pm »
im a newly sahm.. less than a month pa lang.. hirap din pala sahm.. walang day off.. hehe..

jo1

  • Guest
i choose to be a stay-at-work-mom... :)... just works better this way for me and my family

kuliglig^^

  • Guest
I want to be a SAHM, but I don't think it's going to work out pa muna. Hubby wants me to be SAHM din sana, kaso ayun nga.

So as of now, Career Woman muna. *sigh*

Ice Burn

  • Guest
sometimes i want to quit my job and stay home with the kids full time while they are still toddlers pero it's just a huge loss of income and we're saving up to buy a nice house.

haay...if only makahanap ako ng talagang ok na yaya i wouldn't be having these issues right now. :(

mimigarcia

  • Guest
im a career woman. by choice.
mga mommies ask ko lang po sana pag po ba nag apply ako at single mom ako does it affect po ba my aplication? ex.teller sa bank.tnx po

tayntayn

  • Guest

Last November/December, I asked the Lord for a sign.. and mukhang ibinigay naman nya. Araw-araw yun, I bombarded my hubby with thoughts about being your own boss and being in the business as compared to being employed. So hubby and I finally made our plans. I will run an online and physical store come June 2011. We decided na I will resign by mid-May 2011. Bakit mid-May? Kasi para makuha ko muna yung mga subsidy na benefits namin plus the midyear bonus sa office.. A week after I receive the bonus, I will pass my resignation letter.. haha.. Malaking contribution din yun sa start up ng business. Tapos ngayon, Kahit pati si hubby, he is now dreaming of becoming a businessman.. NAgsasawa na rin sya sa pagiging empleyado.. hehe.. Lakas ko maka-impluwensya. pero little by little sabi namin...

May back up plan din pala kami. I will be applying for a certain license this first quarter and will start the tedious review this saturday. This will really be a dramatic shift in my career. All for the love of my kids and my family.. It would help a lot if you have the support of your loved-ones around you.

Eto ngayon, I am so counting the days till it comes May! Whew grabe! Finally after 5 years or so, with God's help.. my so-called dream of becoming a work-at-home mom is just months away...

wow! its been almost 12 months since i posted this.. i pushed through with my resignation last June 2011 and I was the BOSS of my own time - self employed for the past six months.. sO far, I have gained two PRC licenses and my online business makes me the busiest even as compared when I was employed in my former company.

No regrets talaga!! I am with my kids everyday, I bring them to school and I bring them wherever I go. And at the same time, I am earning more! I thank the Lord for giving me the signal and courage to do this..

funky f

  • Guest
wow, galing mo, sis!  i admire people who have the courage to do what you did.  keep it up and sana magaya kita really soon  ;)

glamorosa_09

  • Guest
^^wow sis! you're an inspiration...

aside from our garment business, I want to be a real estate broker too like hubby... there's an exam on March next year... my baby is 7 and half months pa lang... yun ang finifigure out ko kung pano mag review... kung pano iiwan ang baby ko... exclusive breastfeeding kasi ako... pag nag-pump naman ako wala ganong makuhang milk... ayaw ko naman i-formula baby ko... hays... yan na lang talaga dilemma ko...

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close