Author Topic: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?  (Read 46788 times)

May24

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2013, 12:51:34 pm »
Sa work namin dati. Year 2001. Company outing.
Tuksuhan lang kasi sa group namin kami na lang single.
Ayun tinotoo ang tuksuhan!!!

kharenlouisse

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2013, 05:16:45 pm »

When: College day (2006)

Where: School

How: Clasm8 kami sa 1subject, parehas kamin hindi interested sa ginagawa nila, nagdradrawing ako ng album cover ng incubus, he then approached me "Ui, Favorite mo rin yan!)

6 yrs before before getting married ;D

saber15

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2013, 09:41:13 pm »
When: around feb or march of 2007

Where: work at quezon city (same work but different team kami)

How: i super remember that day, sobrang bad trip tlaga ako sa lahat ng tao and productivity ko sa work. Maski computer ko pinagdidiskitahan ko na, but all of a sudden he approached me and asked me something bout sa software na gamit namin. Hindi naman kami magkakilala. Ewan ko ba pero nung kinausap nya ako, biglang naging ok ang mood ko. Pero hindi ko pa narealize na theres something. After a few weeks pa nung narealize ko iba talaga ang feeling ko when he's around lalo na kapag seatmate ko sya. Sabi ko siguro sya talaga soulmate ko and i finally found him.

Ako unang nagka crush sa kanya and talagang i made sure maging close kami nun haha pero sabi naman nya hindi nya napansin na crush ko sya, talagang nahulog lang loob nya sakin. Buti nalang tlaga kinareer ko na maging friends kami. Hindi ko naman ginagawa yun. Sa kanya lang talaga. Haha kahiya.

We got married after 5months of being together and 12months of ldr. Still very happy together and sobrang feel ko na love na love nya ako maski ldr parin kami. Very blessed to have him in my life and now were expecting our first baby narin.

ms.southbound

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2013, 08:30:58 am »
at a debut. We were part of the dance. Partner siya ng friend ko, akala ko BF niya yun pala older brother niya na di ko kilala. Yun pala he had a crush on me na din before pa seeing my pictures with his sister. We where introduced and the rest was history. 

kikay_machine

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2013, 05:44:30 pm »
When: 1994
Where: UP Diliman
-- I was only 10 years old then, he's already 22 and a junior faculty in the institute where my father was also a faculty member. It was their Christmas party so my Dad brought me and my younger sister with him. He even remembered me reciting the poem, "All Things Bright and Beautiful" bilang bibong bata na kasali sa program. However, I couldn't remember if I saw him there. I couldn't even remember the exact lines of the poem.

Then years after, we met again.

When: 2001
Where: UP Diliman
-- I was a freshman and he's my professor in my first major subject. I was 17 then. He even told the whole class my childhood story of being the bibo kid reciting "All Things Bright and Beautiful," and asked for a sample. I wanted to die that day. Nakakahiya. He became my professor again in another major subject in 2002 before he left the University. Though, he wasn't teaching anymore 2 years after, I still invited him for a career talk which was my project for the college student council. In short, we're still in touch.

Then years after, we met again.

When: 2007
Where: UP Diliman
-- I was a junior faculty and I heard the news that he's coming back to teach full time again. We became close, like an older brother and a bully little sister.  We're like sparring partners. In late 2009, he started to give me little gifts but I had a long-time boyfriend that time. He's been single since 2006 and preoccupied with so much work. When my then bf broke up in 2010, exactly 3 months after he started courting me. He really counted and waited for 3 months because he followed the John Lloyd-3-month-rule in One More Chance. LOL.  ;D Despite the 12-year gap, inilaban niya ang panliligaw, hatid sa bahay everyday kahit he's from Las Pinas at ako'y taga-Marikina.

Then 3 years after, I married the coolest professor in the whole world. I married my best friend. ;)

strawberrypep

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2013, 06:23:02 pm »
When: July 2011

Where: at my work (Foreign exchange)

How: a regular customer where i used to work as part-time (while studying) introduced me to his friend! :D tapos dun nagstart..hehe

AngelicFez

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2013, 02:13:49 pm »
June 1996
Makati
we were both attending a month-long seminar on unix, got to know each other, became friends after that.. and the rest is history  :)

popi

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #167 on: June 10, 2013, 12:47:06 pm »
We met last April 2011 through a group meet from a forum.  Pareho kaming hindi active dun sa forum, nagkataon lang na lazy weekend at walang ibang magawa kaya sumipot kami  ;D

Ayun, after that first meet, naging active na kami pareho. Haha. Hindi na nya ako tinigilan sa pangungulit until naging kami ng November 2011.  We got married April 2013  :-*

AnneMP

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2013, 06:12:24 pm »
When I "met" him, I met him 5 years before that but we have never gotten together.  He was my tennis instructor.  But I discontinued my training and I think we both didn't make any impression on each other. 

Five years later, when we were both "with" other people, we finally got together.  (No guilt here) We were about to marry those other people that same year when we met.  But I guess, God has different plans for ALL FOUR OF US.  It's a good thing we met JUST IN TIME. 

And so he was my tennis instructor again.  I guess I made an impression on him (UNINTENTIONALLY) and that was when he pursued me :) 

And that is the end of the story of HOW WE MET :)

tulips28

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2013, 03:44:11 pm »
i soo love this thread, positive vibes lang  8)

When: January or February 2007

Where: gym somewhere in Makati

How: Ayan na.. Kilig lang.. I enrolled sa gym for 2 reasons; first, to divert my attention from a complicated "relationship" (that time, I was in a one-year or so, complicated situation, I had an MU with a guy who had an LDR but he continuously denying that they were still an item but I could see sa Friendster posts nila that they were still saying their "i love you's", for the entire "communication" with the "then" guy, iyak lang ako nang iyak but I still find it difficult for me to part my ways from him kasi I fell in love with him na but ayaw kong maging second best and syempre, babae rin ako, kaya I would know how it would feel na maagawan) so to make the story short, by this time, I had the courage to part from him, that's when I thought to prettify myself, kasi I felt that time talaga I aged 5 yrs older because of almost a year na everyday iyak talaga; second reason was, I was preparing for a summer getaway with my friends, so I was targeting to have that abs, that I never had, haha!

So going back sa topic.. weakness ko mga kalbo at malinis at mabango tignan.. that time, he was kalbo na (na ngayon, kalbo na talaga not by his choice but because he is na talaga, haha!) he was a trainer then sa gym ehre I enrolled. I didn't get any personal trainer because it was out of budget that time, abs-abs lang at libang lang din naman talaga purpose ko. So MWF lang ako magpunta sa gym. One time, before I went to shower room, one of the tagalinis approached me and asked for my number kasi may nagpapatanong daw, I had the feeling na siya na yung nagpapatanong but of course, ayaw ko nang ganun (prim and proper me! tsk!) that's why I didnt give my number and tinagalan ko talaga sa shower room. From then on, I became conscious na going sa gym, kasi parang naging crush ko na rin siya nun (that until now, I don't confess to him). Then one time, when I was doing the leg exercise, he approached me and asked my number personally and his reason pa was in case daw may magrefer kontakin nya ko (after ko ibigay number ko, saka ako napaicp, hindi ba baliktad yung reason nya, dapat ako yung may alam nung number niya if may magrefer!?) oh well, every gym day ko, may nakareserve na na thread mill para sa akin and for my colleagues. Then, when I was doing abs exercise, dun sila pumupwesto ng client nya beside me and instead yung client nya tinuturuan niya, ako na, hahaha! Tapos, daily na ren kame magkaSMS until wee hours. What made me gave him chance was during holy week. Most youngsters our time, pag Holy Week their plan was to go out of towns for beaches and vacations with friends. But when I asked him, he said, he would go sa province nila and observe the Holy Week rituals he used to do sa church nila. With this, I was moved kasi we both have same beliefs and faith. This made me think, baka siya na nga. Then, he asked me out na and I went with him. Then, didnt I know, I was falling truly for him na. Then, later we found out, we both read din the book of Bo Sanchez's How to Find One True Love. He was also by the time recently came from a 3-year relationship (months before he met me). Then, he was teaching me na of exercises for my heart (I have heart problem kasi). He knew it pala because, during my first day, the trainer (na close nya) who got my body fats and stuffs, knew it (my heart problem). Then, he noticed me na pala that time. He asked his co-trainer about me, and his co-trainer answered him daw, "Oo pare, pero may saket sa puso". Andame ko pang gusto ikwento about our first date but I should stop na kasi baka mging off-topic na.

Currently, we are now on our 6th year and we had our commitment agreed civilly last march before he migrated to other country. Church wedding is on the way, I am hoping it will be sooonest. Because of some personal plans, I cannot pursue yet his petition for me. We are happy and looking forward for the day we will be together again always :)

jayce_mom

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2013, 04:21:25 pm »
 :)
When: Sometime in 2008
Where: In a university somewhere in U-belt
How: We were classmates in one subject, I barely notice him because I sit infront and he sits at my back. After a year, we dated then became a couple. After a few months, I got pregnant. Now, we have a three-year-old daughter. We are not yet married...  ;)

bleudskymd

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2013, 10:58:33 pm »
When: Late 2008

Where: UN Ave., Manila

How: He was in Manila due to a client call. And I was a resident physician in one of the private hospitals in Manila. One day, we were at a fastfood chain to buy our own lunch. We were side by side, in queue. I looked sideways and he was there. I casually smiled at him. Since I was wearing my white long-sleeved blazer that time, he was looking at my blazer trying to get my name. After that, I never saw him again. Until he invited me to be his friend at Friendster (hindi pa uso nuon ang Facebook) & he subsequently asked for my contact number. I casually gave it to him, we talked long hours over the phone many times. At the back of my mind, he's just being friendly because at that time, I was in a rocky long-distance relationship with my boyfriend (who was in UK working as a physiotherapist). Many times, I was not able to reply to him because I was so busy with my residency. I thought hindi na niya ako papansinin.

By early 2009, he surprised me by sending me flowers to the hospital where I have my residency. I thanked him & we began to chat like before. Eventually, we agreed to meet, hang-out - in other words, date. Hehe! From then on, we met every week until I found myself falling for him. I broke up with my bf in UK. We officially became a couple February 27, 2009.

Fast forward 4 years, 1 month, 10 days after, we officially tied the knot in a simple church wedding. :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:18:16 pm by bleudskymd »

lirpa

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2013, 02:30:08 am »
When: October 2011
Where: In our office:
How: I was his boss!

 ;D

gharz412

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #173 on: August 19, 2013, 09:36:37 pm »
When: Nov 3, 2012
Where: @starbucks
How: textmates then....

sailors girl

  • Guest
Re: When, where, and how did you meet the man you are married to?
« Reply #174 on: September 18, 2013, 03:24:08 pm »
when: dec 2007
WHERE: lucban quezon
How: thru our common friend
and now 2 months happily married :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 03:34:23 pm by sailors girl »

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close