Author Topic: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?  (Read 108151 times)

kawen

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #400 on: November 03, 2013, 03:02:40 am »
Hello girls! Hope everyone's fine.. sorry have been very busy. Kamusta naman kayo?

ullala

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #401 on: November 09, 2013, 02:48:28 pm »
Don't lose hope girls!!!

I needed to heal muna before I could open myself again to someone else. The hurt and brokenness does make you more vulnerable (either that or more jaded). Kaya it's important that you can identify why you want to be in a relationship again. If you try to fill the gap left by your ex then it's not a good place to start, lalo na for your kid. It also adds pressure to your prospective bf. Pero, if you feel that you are ready to leave the past behind and really start with a blank slate then you can at least have the assurance that you are entering the dating world again with no baggage. I don't believe that entering a relationship can heal your pains and hurts of the previous one(s), it may help you though to come to terms and be more content with what you have now.

After my kid's dad was out of the picture I wasn't thinking clear. Extremes ang mga nararamdaman ko with regards to dating. Minsan I would think na I am ready na pero upon getting deeper in a relationship with a guy biglang nauungkat mga past hurts and disappointments ko tapos na bubuhos ko sa innosenteng tao. Minsan naman I felt na as a single mom wala na akong masyadong choice so I put up with a lot of BS to the point na sabi ng mga friends ko para na akong martyr. Pero now, after a year long hiatus from dating I ventured out again and met my boyfriend.

From the start I made clear that for now I would like to keep the two of them separate, kasi I don't want my daughter to get attached to someone who might not be a permanent fixture in our life. Pero as our relationship progressed, eto, unti-unti sila naging close without my prodding. When he would come na andyan baby ko I would introduce him as my friend, which is not out of the ordinary kasi I always have dinner parties at a home or friends who come over for a movie marathon or chika session. Before I knew it they built a connection, habang nagluluto ako pagbalik ko naghaharutan sila or pagnagkukulit si baby he would be the one to console her. What is even more amazing is that she lets him comfort him. Choosy kasi anak ko sa tao. It's in the small things where you see a guy's effort with you and your child.

Don't lose hope, just wait and take time to heal mga sis :) you deserve the best!

angeleigh

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #402 on: November 09, 2013, 03:43:29 pm »
Oo naman...I have some friends who are now in a relationship--some even are married already.

but i have this one close friend who is a single mom too... simula nangyari yun (4years now) hindi na siya nagka-bf ulit. :(
hindi naman siya panget, hindi rin siya tumaba. ganun pa rin ichura niya para pa ring dalaga...pero tamad na mag-ayos. kapag lumalabas kami kasama ng baby niya. mukhang kami yung magina tapos katulong namin siya! sabi ko nga pano siya makakahanap ng bf niyan.
hirap din siguro kasi bata pa yung anak niya so hindi niya maiwanan to go on dates...

kawen

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #403 on: November 10, 2013, 04:16:48 am »
Sis ullala, that's a very inspiring story ;)

I found the one na rin (sana), but we're not yet together in one roof. There are things that we are still trying to work out, like for him financially and building his career - which right now is a big issue for me pero I hope he's working it out. My son even calls him daddy and he spends every weekend with us.. For me, I am focused on my career as well and might work abroad since my siblings are there.. and the opportunity would be good for me and my son. :)

Thanks girls! Let's all hope we'll have our happily ever afters.. I know some of you already did. 

Girltalker2

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #404 on: November 10, 2013, 09:58:35 am »

When I started dating after my separation, I did not think I can find someone who can love me as I am.  Kasi ang nasa paligid natin, especially mga Pinoy, feeling ko mas makitid mga utak nila. Pero meron pa naman siguro ang tumitingin sa character ng magiging partner nilang babae kesa sa pinagdaanan.

I would suggest one should wait until you are emotionally ready to date.  At once you started dating, just enjoy the company, but do not fall easily.  Nung nag umpisa ako makipag date, since I am not expecting to find love, I just enjoyed their company.  I knew my limits.  And I tried not to be emotionally attached to them.  At ako lang, walang kids involved.  I am worried kasi once my kids know them, baka lalo silang ma confuse.  At tingin ko mas matagal nila matanggap na wala na tatay nila with us, tapos biglang may bagong tao na naman papasok sa buhay nila.

So ngyon, nasa bagong dilemma na naman ako. After dating for 6 months, I dated a guy exclusively. Then ngayon after one year, he is now my BF.  And yes, hindi ko parin sya mapakilala sa mga anak ko, and I am trying to figure out if they are really ready (12yo and 14yo).

For me, it is not as simple as waiting, dating and finding true love.  It is also considering the kids and their feelings, whether madali ba ma establish ang connection nung guy with your kids.  Kung toddler palang ang kids, mas madali.  Pero pag medyo nasa teen years na like mine, it is not easy.


kath103084

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #405 on: November 10, 2013, 04:16:46 pm »
Dami din pala single mom here like me na nagtanong nyan. But for my case, I have  a 4 year old daughter and parang sa kanya lang naman focus ang buhay ko ngayon. But sometimes pumapasok din sa isip ko yun mga ganon tanong pero not a priority, . Masaya naman single. I actually came to the point na i shut off permanently un love. Not a man - hater though. Hindi lang siguro feel muna.. :-)

My boss told me ipag pray ko daw kasi kung ano yung desire ng heart mo nakikita ni Lord un. :-)

pathetica

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #406 on: November 27, 2013, 07:38:50 pm »
I am also a single mom.
Yes naman, gaya nating mga single mom huwag tayong maghanap. Darating naman kasi sa atin yun.
I cant see anything wrong na makipag date (piliin lang ang guy na iddate)  ::)

Habang wala pa lovelife, just focus lang muna sa mga kid/s  ;) ;) ;)

shadow_man

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #407 on: December 24, 2013, 04:26:28 am »
I had 2 single mom gf in the past both cheated on me... though I consider it isolated cases. they are not all alike...

sexykha

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #408 on: January 09, 2014, 01:18:08 pm »
oo naman :) lahat naman tayo may chance to meet our true love di ba?
and wala naman masama sa dating :) just choose the guy you like..

i am a single mom, just broke up with my son's dad few months back and now i started to date again..
well just to hangout though!

Observer54

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #409 on: January 10, 2014, 09:58:46 am »
I had 2 single mom gf in the past both cheated on me... though I consider it isolated cases. they are not all alike...
   -- ang saklap naman nito ikaw pa ang niloko nila. pakilala mo nga sakin ang mga yan. lol  ;D

ysa.belle

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #410 on: February 05, 2014, 10:58:45 am »
My boss told me ipag pray ko daw kasi kung ano yung desire ng heart mo nakikita ni Lord un. :-)

bigla ako naluha sa post na ito...  :'(  :'(  :'(

mariadj

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #411 on: February 06, 2014, 05:27:27 pm »
I wanna wait for The One to date me :)

prettyellowish

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #412 on: June 02, 2014, 11:53:07 pm »
Single mom here :)

aubb

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #413 on: June 08, 2014, 01:06:47 am »
my mom was a single-mom, for so many years, she is now settled with my stepdad for morethan 15years, who btw adopted me and my sister :)

i too am a single-mom right now, and planning to get married soon to me bf, whom i did not look for then, he just came along. focus on your baby, and in due time, the right guy will come :)

coffee_art01

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #414 on: June 09, 2014, 03:51:49 pm »
Can a single mom ever find true love? Answer is YES. True love from your children. Else will follow.

slickchick

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #415 on: June 10, 2014, 09:10:07 am »
hoping and praying really hard that the man I'm dating now is the one God has prepared for me and my son.

mariadj

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #416 on: June 23, 2014, 05:18:53 pm »
Still waiting for God's best

kim_trasher07

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #417 on: June 29, 2014, 12:44:30 am »
yes naman sister.

Been a single mom for 2 years. nagfocus lang ako nung mga time na yun sa business para mataguyod ko anak ko.

but then dumating na siya.. dated for 3 years and now married to him.

so dont lose hope mga sis :)

Miss.Pancake

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #418 on: July 10, 2014, 01:34:31 am »
No one knows sis. Basta have faith sa plan ni God for you and whatever it is be thankful.


ieiky

  • Guest
Re: Can a single mom ever find true love? What to do? WAIT / DATE?
« Reply #419 on: July 11, 2014, 03:12:13 pm »
I'm a single mom too.

Nung nag work ulit ako sa Manila, may naging super close akong guy and super saya ko na kasama ko siya at mga ibang friends namin.. Na develop and ayun.. naging kami.. Halor mag 1 yr and a half den kami na couple. alam niya about my tragic past and nkakapang hinayang lang na kung kelan I've open up my heart and trusted someone again, saka pa siya nag give up. Saklap noh? Pero anong magagawa ko? Life must go on..

Ngayon sa son ko ako nakafocus. Blessing in disguise kase siguro may matime ako fro myslef ngayon at wala masyado inaala na masasaktan or any decisions ko, baby ko lang iisipin ko at wala ng iba.

I'm still not closing my doors. baka mainlove ulit ako, pero pinag ppray ko sa next time, sa tamang tao na.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close