Author Topic: Pills and Sex  (Read 239053 times)

Paulo

• GUYTalker
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: Pills and Sex
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 03:40:20 pm »
she said after 7 days of taking Pills it should be ok. but i've been reading from forums to wait til i finish my first pack. so i'm all counfused. :-\

she prescribed me to take either althea or diane. is there such thing as one Pill more effective than the other?

Hello Newbiz,

Your Doctor should know you best. If she says that after 7 days of taking pills you can make a "go" for it, then I'm sure it's okay to indulge according to what he/she prescribed. Depende rin naman kasi sa previous cycles mo eh. Kung you record your period for the past several months and you've been regular leading to the pill intake then perhaps pasok yon kahit pa rhythm method lang ang gamitin natin. Honestly, in two weeks time, right around the time Ovulation usually occurs, siguro naman na address na yon ng pill intake mo. Again, your Doctor should know what's best for you.

As for the brands you've mentioned. Any of the two will be effective. These are reputable, not to mention, popular brands. Tried and tested ones.

To answer your question on the pills' efficacy, I am not sure if there is really such a thing as a pill more effective than the other. But I doubt that any of the two or other reputable brands out there, will count as Inefficient in doing what it is suppose to do, if taken according to how it is prescribed. So it doesn't really matter if one is better than the other. Both should give you what it is suppose to give you. That's all that matters.

Siguro what you should consider is a brand na mas angkop sa body mo. Yung sinasabi nilang mas Hiyang sa iyo. Kasi may mga pills na nagcacause ng migraine. Mayroon naman na yon ang sinisisi kaya sila tumaba .... at hindi yung 2 extra rice nilang kinakain every meal. Ha-ha-ha-ha. Meron din naman like pills Diane which women swear by, is very good for their skin.

The thing is, sometimes may side effects yung mga yan depende sa babae. From as simple as a pimple or two, to as alarming as an allergy outbreak. Again, that is where your OB can call the shots on what suits you.

Lengda,

Don't worry. I know what I am talking about. ;)

.... Or do I?

Ha-ha-ha-ha.

You will be fine.

To think that you are on your 2nd pack, not on your first run at pills. So you should be okay so as long as you did take your pills according to how they should be taken, and your menstruation came before you proceeded to your next pack.

If by any weird chance you still get preggers, ..... I must say. It's definitely God's will na.

...... Or one of your guy's Sperm came to the party with an Egg as a date. ;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 03:41:55 pm by Paulo »
Expecting the World to treat you fairly just because you are a good person is a lot like expecting a Bull not to Charge just because you're vegetarian.

lengda

• seized the day it'll prevail
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 10:40:53 am »
^ ;D ;D ;D opo naman Pau, I trust you talaga... kaya nga next time sa'yo ulit ako magtatanong.. kasi, I know you're a good adviser, as well as madami ka ring alam..

still waiting pa din ako ngayon..hehe.. nag-joke ka pa ha.. hehe
tnx ulit..:-)
Love will find a way; Indifference will find an excuse... :-*

pretty_momay02

• Probationary
  • super mamma. :)
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 10:38:03 pm »
hello po, ask ko lang po.

nag stop [textspeak!] ako ng pills ko this month lang, i am taking pills for already 1yr and 10mos. so far wala nman prob sa period ko, always regular.

my problem is, gusto ko ulit mag pills, i just realized na ndi pa ko handa, na hindi pa namin kaya. so i decided to take pills again. my question, do i need to finish my 1st pack just like the new user of pills to be safe? or safe na khit 7days pa lang?

please i need your advice. thanks!  :-\

Paulo

• GUYTalker
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 05:03:59 pm »
Actually pag tumigil ng pills mas minsan nagugulo system ng babae. Lalo na pag nasanay na yung system mo in preventing Ovulation. So I say, Finish the First Pack, wait for your Period, and if, and only IF it falls within schedule, should you proceed with unprotected sex.

From what I know lang ha, .... Importante kasi yung Period mo after taking the Pills as a MARKER to determine that you are not pregnant, the Pills are working, and your cycle fall within the predetermined schedule Birth Control Pills are suppose to peg for you.

Expecting the World to treat you fairly just because you are a good person is a lot like expecting a Bull not to Charge just because you're vegetarian.

ohmygosh

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 07:14:01 pm »
i took pills for about a year but my breasts started developing lumps. my ob switched me to a lower dose but the lumps were still there. i had a breast ultrasound and a mammogram but the lumps werent anything serious. however, with the pills i started getting depressed and had sever moodswings. i cried all the time and i had close to zero sex drive. my ob said i'm very sensitive to hormones so she suggested i stop taking it and get an i.u.d.

lengda

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 09:57:55 am »
i took pills for about a year but my breasts started developing lumps. my ob switched me to a lower dose but the lumps were still there. i had a breast ultrasound and a mammogram but the lumps werent anything serious. however, with the pills i started getting depressed and had sever moodswings. i cried all the time and i had close to zero sex drive. my ob said i'm very sensitive to hormones so she suggested i stop taking it and get an i.u.d.

talaga sis? meron pala talagang ganyan? nagiging moody ka? kasi last saturday lang i don't know why lang ha, noong umaga saya-saya ko pa, binibiro ko pa noon mga kasama ko dito sa work pero when i got home, nagkasagutan lang kami ng ate ko eh bigla ba naman naging crying lady ako?na feel ko na i was so damaged mga ganyan... ang weird talaga.. maybe effect na to with my pill? my gosh..o baka lang dahil sa malapit na period ko.. today nga lang dumating eh..hehe weird lang talaga... hahai siguro nga... tnx sa pag-share mo sis ha..hehe

lengda

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 10:10:02 am »
^ ;D ;D ;D opo naman Pau, I trust you talaga... kaya nga next time sa'yo ulit ako magtatanong.. kasi, I know you're a good adviser, as well as madami ka ring alam..

still waiting pa din ako ngayon..hehe.. nag-joke ka pa ha.. hehe
tnx ulit..:-)

hello pau, hehe di ba sabi ko sayo na i will let you know if meron na ako..hehe Yup, ngayon lang.. tnx talaga ulit.. hehe you know a lot of things..keep it up..hehe carpe diem!.. ;D

honey_iya

• wife, mom &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 05:17:18 pm »
^^isa sa side effects ng pills ang mood swings :-\

naalala ko si lito atienza yata yun sabi nya pinatigil nya daw wife nya sa pagtake ng pills kasi naging monster daw nung nag t-take pa ;D
"Expect nothing in life and you'll never be disappointed." :) :) :)

Paulo

• GUYTalker
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 06:22:56 pm »
^^
I'm glad you got what you wanted, Lengda. :)

..... Next month na lang ulit. Ha-ha-ha-ha.

^
It causes Hormonal Imbalance kasi eh. But basically naman everytime a woman hits that portion of the month prior and early onto her cycle hormonal imbalance set in and the effects of that reminds us men that Life would have been better had we stayed Single. ;)

A Hormonal Imbalance that also works positively naman around the middle of her cycle. Right around the time she supposedly ovulates. So women who are not on the Pill are likely to feel very good about herself during this time of the month.

pretty_momay02

• Probationary
  • super mamma. :)
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 12:49:33 am »
Actually pag tumigil ng pills mas minsan nagugulo system ng babae. Lalo na pag nasanay na yung system mo in preventing Ovulation. So I say, Finish the First Pack, wait for your Period, and if, and only IF it falls within schedule, should you proceed with unprotected sex.

From what I know lang ha, .... Importante kasi yung Period mo after taking the Pills as a MARKER to determine that you are not pregnant, the Pills are working, and your cycle fall within the predetermined schedule Birth Control Pills are suppose to peg for you.

I had my period na. Regular pa rin nman. The same schedule as i had last month. So no problem nman right? So can we have unprotected sex?

ohmygosh

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2010, 10:45:30 pm »
talaga sis? meron pala talagang ganyan? nagiging moody ka? kasi last saturday lang i don't know why lang ha, noong umaga saya-saya ko pa, binibiro ko pa noon mga kasama ko dito sa work pero when i got home, nagkasagutan lang kami ng ate ko eh bigla ba naman naging crying lady ako?na feel ko na i was so damaged mga ganyan... ang weird talaga.. maybe effect na to with my pill? my gosh..o baka lang dahil sa malapit na period ko.. today nga lang dumating eh..hehe weird lang talaga... hahai siguro nga... tnx sa pag-share mo sis ha..hehe

yup, sis. nakaka moody talaga ang birth control pills. actually, anything hormonal that you put in your system can affect mood. grabe talaga nung nag pipills ako. naging monster talaga ako. even moreso when i'm close to my period. buti nalang, my boyfriend didn't leave me kahit na nakita na nya worse side ko. my advise is to keep a mood diary as to when you get your "attacks" so if nakikita mo na masyadong often ang moodswings mo, you can consult your doctor.

lengda

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 09:13:57 am »
^^ oo nga sis, napapansin ko na rin sa sarili ko na minsan naiinis na lang ako bigla, pero controlled ko pa naman..hehe one time kasama ko partner ko sabi ko pa, sabihin mo lang agad ha, if may nagbago sa akin..hehe...

thanks ulit sis..:-)

veronikewl

• Extremely Random and Proud of it!
  • i celebrate moi!
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 04:11:52 pm »
LOL..hindi ko na mabasa lahat...

anyway, pills control our hormones, its suppose to send out signals sa body na =tin na we are already preggy so conception would not occur. (ayon sa mga nalaman ko) so if first time mo mag take ng pill, wait at least a month of using it before you actually consider it as a contraceptive. Check mo din if walang serious side effects sayo. If everything turns out well :) you and your partner is on your way to happiness :) but ikaw sis, you need to check with your OB pa and you also need a pap :) ask your OB about it :P

and oh! take your pill, same time everyday para mas effective ;)
Extremely Random and Proud of it!
03.18.04 - The day he stole my heart
09.29.13 - The day I said "YES"
01.11.14 - The day he shared his last name with me. <3

this_is_me

• GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2010, 11:40:48 pm »
has anyone tried jasmin?
can you smoke and drink while taking pills?

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2010, 03:16:22 am »
^ you have to wait for your first day. but i think, you can also take your first pill within the first 7 days of your period. but it's generally easier to keep track if you do it on the very first day.

i didn't have mood swings when i was on the pill. i didn't get any of the supposed "benefits" either like clearer skin, better hair, etc. what i noticed though was, i would get sick more frequently so i stopped. also, on lumps- i have  a friend who says the same thing so that scared me.

:P

jhavhin10

• Probationary
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 10:39:11 pm »
hello may posibilidad bang mabuntis kapag nag kamali ako ng inom ng tablet...
micropill gamit ko.. [textspeak!] last tablet agad ang na take ko sa 3rd column
eh nsa 2nd column plang [textspeak!]...
pls answer...

kittypowerranger

• Tupaking Kikay'
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2010, 09:05:18 am »
i need help po!
advisable din ba ang birth control pills sa pagregulate ng moods?
thanks
"Quod me netrit me destruit" meaning, "What nourishes me also destroys me."

veronikewl

• Extremely Random and Proud of it!
  • i celebrate moi!
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 05:26:36 pm »
hello may posibilidad bang mabuntis kapag nag kamali ako ng inom ng tablet...
micropill gamit ko.. [textspeak!] last tablet agad ang na take ko sa 3rd column
eh nsa 2nd column plang [textspeak!]...
pls answer...

i don't think so..pareho lang ba ng itsura yung tablet na natake mo sa tablet na dapat o inumin? im not familiar with micropill eh

@kittypowerranger

i think hindi...its still better to go on a prescribed pill by an OB if you do want or need it
Extremely Random and Proud of it!
03.18.04 - The day he stole my heart
09.29.13 - The day I said "YES"
01.11.14 - The day he shared his last name with me. <3

dianne01

• Probationary
Re: paano gamitin....
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2010, 12:16:17 pm »
.. mga sis 1st time ko pang gumamit talaga nang  pill.. since bago lang ako may ka partner.. mejo naguguluhan pa talaga ako..hehe may trabaho pa kasi ako gusto pa po naming mag ipon nang money so better di mo na ako aanak. anyways my ask is lahat ba ng pills ay mag work na ilang days after u drink.. pero mga ilang araw ba ang minimum tablet na na drink ko? bago ikontak ako sa partner ko para safe.. in other words how many days the pills are start working if i drinking now and parehas ba talaga lahat nang pill ay same lang ang minimum days na pwede kanang ikontak or  mag depende nang brand nang pill?

and ano po pa ang naka sunod sa trust na medyo mahal.. yong kunti lang diffirence...

pls po sa mga expert na.. need po talaga ako nang answer.. and thankz muna sa inyong mga reply...

isha

• GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2010, 10:56:52 pm »
^sis lahat ng pills mag safe ka na after the 7th day,lalo na if its your first time magtake. The succeeding months,anytime safe for as long as consistent ka with the time and you never miss the pill. If you have any doubts, i would suggest that you visit an OB to guide you.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close