Author Topic: Trivial Facts!  (Read 61357 times)

roxykarlo

• mom of miguel and a certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • God is good all the time.
Re: Trivial Facts!
« Reply #280 on: June 09, 2015, 04:39:29 pm »
1) When TWISTER was introduced in 1966, it was denounced by critics as "sex in a box".
2) There are more life forms living on your skin than there are people on the planet.
3) Otters sleep holding hands.
4) OJ Simpson was originally cast to play Terminator, but the studio was afraid that no one would buy him as a remorseless killer.
5) Leonardo Da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
6) The last man to walk on the moon, Gene Cernan, promised his daughter he'd write his initials on the moon. He did, and her initials, "TDC", will probably be on the moon for tens of thousands of years.
7) The Mimic Octopus can not only change colors, but will mimic the shapes of other animals, like the flounder, lion fish and sea snakes.
8. Twnety percent (20%) of office coffee mugs contain fecal matters.
9) If you were to remove all of the empty space from the atoms that make up every human on earth, the entire world population could fit into an apple.
10) in the 1960s, the CIA tried to spy on the Kremlin and Russian embassies by turning cats into listening devices. The program, called Acoustic Kitty, involved surgically implanting batteries, microphones and antennae inside cats.
11) Caterpillars completely liquefy as they transform into moths.
12) There are over 200 corpses on Mount Everest and they are used as way points for climbers.
13) All the clocks in " Pulp Fiction" are stuck at 4:20
14) Russia did not consider beer to be alcohol until 2011. It was previously classified as a soft drink.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 04:43:35 pm by roxykarlo »
bones strikes back!

red_yesha

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2015, 12:51:30 pm »
-Ang salitang "deadline" ay lumutang sa panahon ng Civil war sa U.S. May linyang nakadrawing malapit sa Civil war prison. Babarilin ang sinumang preso na magtatangkang lumampas sa linya.Kamatayan ang katumbas ng paglampas sa linya kaya nabuo ang salitang "deadline"

-Sinasamba ng mga Egyptians ang sibuyas. Kapag inililibing ang Pharaoh, nagbabaon din ng sibuyas sa kanilang hukay dahil simbolo ito ng eternal life.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. :)

minatay91

• A Whimsical, Lazy and Maarte
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2015, 01:42:56 am »
More!!!! ;D I'll add a useless one.

Worms have 5 hearts and no one to love.

(well cava..but it's part of a heart :( )
"The only shame in life is not having any."

Any typos I may have made is the direct result of me being lazy.

pretty empress

• Senior GirlTalker
  • i live tO express, nOt tO impress.. 👸
« Reply #283 on: June 15, 2015, 08:23:29 am »
if the human eye was a digital camera, it would have 576 megapixels.

source: sotruefacts.com
Girls have unique powers-they get wet without water, bleed without injury and make boneless things hard..

sima

• Super GirlTalker
  • ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
« Reply #284 on: June 24, 2015, 12:46:22 pm »
During a 1956 speech for his campaign of de-Stalinization, Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev was asked by an unseen audience member why, as an advisor to the dictator, he had never stopped Stalin from committing his atrocities. Khrushchev immediately lashed out, “Who said that?” The room grew quiet. Khrushchev repeated his query to more silence, waited a beat, and then said, “Well, now you understand why.”

~ http://www.mentalfloss.com/amazingfactgenerator?p=173

three8one

• Super GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2015, 05:52:57 pm »
Adding vodka to the water that you've put in your vase will make your flowers last longer.

;)
.... apart from You i can do nothing.... but with God nothing is impossible...therefore, I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

John 15:5
Matthew 19:26
Philippians 4:13

red_yesha

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #286 on: October 16, 2015, 10:31:54 am »
-Bakit "mayday" ang sinasabe kapag may problema sa barko o eroplano? Ang "Help me" sa French ay m'aidez at ang pronounciation ay sounds like "mayday".
-Ang ibig sabihin ng English expression na "it may cost you an arm and a leg" ay expensive or mahal. Ang pinagmulan ng expression na ito;Noong panahon ay hindi pa uso ang camera kaya ang imahe ay ginagawa sa pamamagitan ng painting o scuplturing.Mas mura kung mukha lang ang ipipinta ngunit mahal kung kasamang ipipinta ang iyong mga kamay at legs.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. :)

three8one

• Super GirlTalker
  • GuyTalker
« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2015, 05:55:15 pm »
when you sneeze, all bodily functions stop... even your heart.

;)
.... apart from You i can do nothing.... but with God nothing is impossible...therefore, I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

John 15:5
Matthew 19:26
Philippians 4:13

MAXI5005

• Probationary
« Reply #288 on: January 25, 2020, 07:37:35 pm »
1) Fredric Baur invented the Pringles can. When he passed away in 2008, his ashes were buried in one.

2) Ben & Jerry learned how to make ice cream by taking a $5 correspondence course offered by Penn State. (They decided to split one course.)

3) When the mummy of Ramses II was sent to France in the mid-1970s, it was issued a passport. Ramses' occupation? "King (deceased)."

4) In 1939, Hitler's nephew wrote an article called "Why I Hate My Uncle." He came to the U.S., served in the Navy, and settled on Long Island.

5) Only female mosquitoes will bite you.

6) In 1991, Wayne Allwine, the voice of Mickey Mouse, married Russi Taylor—the voice of Minnie. (Awww!)

7) The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666.

8 ) Horses can't vomit.

9) Hallmark now sells a line of "encouragement" cards you can send to people who've lost their job.

10) When asked to name a color, 60% of any sample will name the color “red.”

Instructive    :o

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close