Author Topic: New Zealand  (Read 38843 times)

candyzire

• Junior GirlTalker
New Zealand
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:35:22 pm »
anyone here been to New Zealand? anong magandang puntahan & gawin?
san dun yung location kung san ginawa yung The Lord of the Rings?

berrycherry

• Junior GirlTalker
  • i love berries...
Re: New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 05:31:26 pm »
ano ang buhay sa NZ?
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. --coco chanel

prinsesa21

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 06:08:17 am »
new zealand -my dream destination. hayyyyy
I'm Not Special, I'm Just Limited Edition

sahjane

• Junior GirlTalker
  • "you know you love me" - gossip girl
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:36:30 pm »
im applying for a student visa to new zealand.

share naman kayo sis ng mga experiences nyo and what it is like to live there

orangepulp

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 04:05:29 pm »
I want to visit NZ para maiba naman :). Sino na naka-apply ng tourist visa?
@foodgalore88

bertinelli

• GirlTalker
    • My Life In Manggachupoy Street
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 08:56:44 pm »
probinsya talaga ang new zealand.
mas madaming sheep kesa sa tao don.
pero maganda naman siya kasi lush ang greeneries and madaming extreme sports na ginagawa dito.

http://janellibelly.blogspot.com

- as God is my witness i'll never be frumpy again -

sahjane

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 09:18:30 pm »
^sis bertinelli

gano ka probinsya?

bertinelli

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 09:44:02 pm »
tahimik kasi doon and maaga nagco-close ang mga establishments. maliit lang ang downtown proper parang isang straight na line lang.

orangepulp

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 12:47:15 pm »
^Sis are you in Auckland? I heard mas cosmopolitan sa Auckland and Wellington.
@foodgalore88

bertinelli

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 06:21:51 pm »
ay no. i just visited twice pa lang.
oo naman mas city-ish naman ang auckland. but then compared to australia mas laid-back pa talaga sa new zealand.

orangepulp

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 10:11:26 pm »
I've been to OZ but I never considered NZ until recently kasi yan din ang sabi ng mga relatives ko who have been to NZ pero maganda daw talaga scenery.
@foodgalore88

sahjane

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 11:30:01 am »
i asked my friend na asa Hamilton jan sa NZ. sabi nya, laid back daw talaga ang life.

he recommended na sa Aukland na lang daw ako mag enroll para malapit lang sa kanya then he can help me find a job.

heavendreamer

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 11:10:41 pm »
hi sis sahjane,

ano daw ang mga work na in demand dun and kailangan ba talaga prof. jobs para ma-afford ang mga necessities? ano po work ng tita and friend mo? we are considering new zealand sa pag-iisip namin kung mag-migrate din kami.. but we're thinking well, ano nga kaya ang buhay sa new zealand? mataas din kaya ang cost of living dun? kaya kaya maka-buhay ng pamilya ang salary na ZD2,800 kung dun titira? parang ganyan kasi ang nabasa ko somewhere na average na monthly salary dun.. sana marami pang mag-share about new zealand.. pano ang lifestyle.. totoo bang may mga hills talaga in between houses?? wala pa kasi akong kilalang friend ko na nandun or di ko pa sila nahahanap hehe.. thanks in advance and pati na din sa iba pang mga magshe-share, Godbless!

sahjane

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 07:52:17 pm »
^sabi ng friend ko hindi daw mataas ang cost of living, mababait mga tao, hindi nakaka stress and kahit daw minimum sweldo mabubuhay ka..

wala nga din ako kakilala pa don buti nakita ko sa FB na andon na yun classmate ko dati. immigrant sila don.

oo nga sana madami pa mag share about NZ. sa mga nag plaplan mag student visa, after UK, NZ ang trend ngayon eh.

il mare

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 12:57:33 pm »
visited NZ, Auckland

its nice if you want to sight see, pero nothing much to do.
Puro greens, pero i find it very boring, malls are not that great the shops close early.

For me its a country i want to visit but would not go back again.

We stayed at Langham hotel, good breakfast choices and one waitress is a Filipina. Our tour group is odd numbers, my group triple sharing was upgraded to suite room. The toiletries in Suite room is sosyal, Molton Brown.

The people of NZ are nice and accomodating especially the locals na me ethnic decent, they look like hawaiian polynesian, unlike Australia they are quite snooty

i remember we went to see the dead volcano crater, aquarium, glow worm cave, and dinner NZ rotating tower, we went island trip visit the vineyards and olive plantation (this i enjoyed others are so so lang)

glow worm cave, unique experience pero i find it not worth the trip, morning til afternoon kame nagtravel, then upon reaching the cave 5-10mins lang na little boat ride to see the glow worms. all of us in the tour, just slept sa bus to and fro.

I find outstanding are the produce:
food they have a variety of meats you will be served a lot of lambs, venison(rabbit) and deer meat.

Salmons and scallops are fresh seems very common

ice cream the best, very creamy.  best seller nila is hokey pokey flavor - vanilla ice cream with honeycomb crunch bits

cheese dami variety, but if you plan to take home you need to pack it well checkin luggage, no handcarry otherwise it will not pass sa Sydney airport on your connect flight back.  very strict

Pasalubong:
cadbury chocolates are dirt cheap, a lot of variety
whittaker kiwi chocolate love love it
manuka honey
lanolin lotion, by product from sheep a good moisturizer

fun fact kiwi fruit grows in vines :)

orangepulp

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 06:27:12 pm »
^Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to visit NZ
@foodgalore88

sahjane

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 09:44:41 am »
=(

hindi pala pwede magwork ang husband ng may student visa sa NZ. pano na kaya hubby ko..

taleebin

• Future Designer.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 07:57:44 am »
i really wanted to go here. feeling ko may peace of mind ako sa place na to.

domestic diva

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 07:00:26 am »
hubby says it's nice to rent an rv and just drive. road trip talaga!
Hail to St. Joseph of the Holy Cloak!

feebers

• Probationary
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 02:42:12 pm »
Really, its so easy to apply for migration to NZ but the problem lies when you are already there. Problem? Lack or even absence of employment opportunities for migrants. The country is badly hit with recession. Closing down of businesses, retrenchment etc is happening there. Basically, NZ is classified as an agricultural country. Majority of the companies there only employ less than 10 people as they are just branches of neighboring countries like Australia. For business professionals, it is not the country for you. But for health, agricultural and teaching professionals, this may be the country for you. Sadly, the business industry there leaves a lot to be desired. Makati is much, much more bustling. It's the Asian people who dominates the small retail business arena.

But there is no doubt that the country is a healthy place to live in, what with the lush greeneries, no pollution, picturesque landscape etc. Standard of living is quite high. Yes, you will be able to live in their minimum pay but its just enough for living expenses. For one, rental is paid on a weekly basis.

For those who want to migrate, I suggest you think really hard and weigh your options. For one, if you are getting work to resident visa, its like banging your head to the wall. Why? They have this citizen first policy. Meaning, NZ citizens and Permanent Residents are given priority in employment. An employer will have to prove to their Dept of Labor that no citizen or resident is qualified for the position before they can accept a migrant. And Kiwis are "tamad", don't like this kind of hassle so they will not put themselves in this position. Then a lot of companies there are retrenching, and guess who is the first to be terminated? Yes, migrants.

There were a lot of debates that NZ migration is like a scam. There were uprising already from the migrants there for the govt  to stop accepting migrant applicants as they can't provide jobs for them. It's like, it is the migrants who are keeping their business scene alive. Migrants (esp Chinese and Koreans) bring in the money they saved from their own country and spend it there to settle down.

For those who have plans, please think it over.

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close