watch now

Author Topic: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist  (Read 152515 times)

miss_o

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #420 on: October 13, 2012, 05:01:15 pm »
^^ thanks sis.. excited na akong makapaglaro sa snow sa chicago.. hehe..

Neverfull

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #421 on: October 20, 2012, 11:22:07 pm »
Mga sisters kamusta ang mga LAX IO sa POE?

lonesyndrome

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #422 on: October 21, 2012, 11:05:17 am »
I have a question. I'm planning on visiting the US alone by 2014 for a short three to four weeks vacation. It's my dad's graduation gift to me (btw, I'd be 22 years old by then).

However, I'm planning to go with my boyfriend because I don't have a place to stay there and he does. He should be working by then while I'm just a fresh college graduate. Would they question us if we go there together at the same time? They say that if we fly together they might think we're actually settling there, which we're absolutely not. We're there to visit friends, go shopping, and visit universal studios and disneyland. Typical tourist stuff.

I'm actually okay with the idea that we go there separately (not together) but my problem would be my place to stay. What if they ask me where I wold stay? We are planning on staying at my boyfriend's uncle's house in LA. Another worry I have is that since I'm a fresh college graduate, would they think of me as someone who would work there and never come back to the philippines (typical filipino style)?

Kindly share and tips/recommendations. Thank you so much. :)


vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #423 on: October 21, 2012, 03:22:14 pm »
Neverful, medyo matanong sa LAX. I however only have NYC and SFO as comparison.  Mabait naman, parang nakikipag chikahan lang.

lonesyndrome, is your bf an american citizen, if yes, you would have a hard time if you declare at the POE that you are traveling with him. If he's Filipino and only visiting the states, I don't think you'll really have a problem. I suggest you tell them the truth when asked about your status, tell them you just graduated and this is your dad's gift. They will most likely ask you for the copy of your return ticket.

nicaa

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #424 on: October 22, 2012, 12:20:37 am »
^^ lonesyndrome, my bf & I had the same scenario just recently. He's a student here in the Phils, while I'm currently unemployed. He's a US citizen and I'm on a tourist visa, we flew in together but we had to go separate ways at the US immigration. The IO didn't ask who I'm travelling with but she asked where I'd be staying and what's my purpose of travel. I said I'll be staying with my relatives (which is true because I stayed with my relatives for the first week). All in all, I was worry-free and was able to roam around the states with my bf. :)

If they throw in questions like where you plan to stay, you can tell them you're going to stay at your friend's house in LA. Memorize the address, just in case. I agree with vain_kixie, you shouldn't get worried if your bf's a Filipino. Just be ready to show them your return tickets. :)

lonesyndrome

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #425 on: October 22, 2012, 06:55:38 pm »
Thank you very much for the responses :) My boyfriend is 100% filipino he's not a US citizen :)

 Last question though. So would it be okay if I book us the same flights? I mean nothing's wrong with flying together right? :)) We just have to part ways upon landind sa US imiigration?

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #426 on: October 22, 2012, 08:09:26 pm »
Yes you may book the same flight. Part ways at the us immigration because you are not yet a married couple thus must be interviewed separately. Enjoy your vacation.



Neverfull

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #427 on: November 04, 2012, 01:04:05 am »
Neverful, medyo matanong sa LAX.

Hi sis, anong klaseng tanong other than the usual POE question/s?

estellebunyi

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #428 on: November 04, 2012, 11:47:20 am »
Hi. First time ko magtravel sa states..nov 12 na flight ko. 1st stopover sa japan then newark then destination houston so port of entry is newark right? What are other documents to bring aside from passport with visa? Need pa ba visa application receipt from bpi? Nawala ko kasi.. i'm going to he traveling alone so kinakabahan ako.. ana airways and united airlines pinili ko for almost 56k php roundtrip...


sydxoxo

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #429 on: November 04, 2012, 12:28:03 pm »
No need for the receipt. Aside from passport, memorize the address kung saan ka mag-stay. Also, try to recall your answers sa application form. Pwede kasi nila itanong ulit sa iyo yun. For sure ang questions nila about your personal life like career, family and even lovelife (believe me, they do ask about it!)

please give feedback about your airlines ha, curious ako about their services. Maybe sa another thread? Usually kasi sila yung mura e.

Antigone

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #430 on: November 04, 2012, 12:47:34 pm »
Lagi akong LAX. Laging walang tinatanong sa akin kundi kelan ako uuwi. Pero I make sure kabisado ko yung address ng pinsan ko dun kasi ako lagi nagsestay.

Neverfull

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #431 on: November 06, 2012, 01:52:13 am »
^Thank you sis.

prettynvain

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #432 on: November 13, 2012, 12:45:02 pm »
^sis, yung LAX ko dati wala naman ganung tanong na tipong nakakakaba, actually walang kwentang tanong. gano ko katagal mag-stay sa US saka where and my plans/IT while i'm there. pero LA, NY at Vegas kami nun eh.. sa NY nag-stay kami sa Tita ko, sa others hotel kami so may hotel booking ako.. tapos yung old passport ko naka-attached sa new kasi nandun yung US visa ko kasi kaka-renew ko pa lang ng passport eh.. tapos sbai niya bakit daw change ako ng passport eh di pa naman expired yung luma, tapos sabi ko "oh it's already full" tapos sabi niya "oh yes! you're really a traveller huh?" sabi ko lang "kinda" then ask nya ko bakit that time lang daw nagpunta us, inuna ko pa daw australia at europe.. sabi ko "saving the best for my US trip" hehe. tapos natawa din siya.. during that IO encounter, all smile ako kasi siya rin ganun.. she's black na late 30's-40's na siguro.. tapos yun sabi niya "enjoy your stay here" habang inaabot na passport ko. she didn't asked for my return tix at hotel booking which naka-ready at hawak ko kasi nga i know na hihingin.. basta tell them the truth and wag ka kakabahan.. start the encounter with a good vibes, i mean smile agad and greet them. yung pinsan ko dati andami daw tanong sa kanya kasi ugali nun di yun ngumingiti sa IO kumabaga sindakan ang aura niya.

miss_o

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #433 on: November 16, 2012, 07:23:13 pm »
mga sis ilang months na ba ang binibigay ngayon ng mga io na pwde magstay?  me nakapagsabi kasi sa amin 3 months na lang ang binibigay..

theflygirl

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #434 on: November 16, 2012, 07:42:25 pm »
^Mine a couple of months ago was still the usual 6 months stay. SFO POE

miss_o

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #435 on: November 16, 2012, 08:45:38 pm »
^^ thanks sis for the info :)

mama squeak!

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2012, 09:23:24 pm »
Entered ORD on my recent US trip and they gave me 6 months as always. In all my trips there I was never given anything less than that. I assume it's because of my travel history plus I've been in and out of the US since I was a kid.

miss_o

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2012, 10:26:05 pm »
^lucky you sis :)

estellebunyi

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #438 on: December 11, 2012, 11:13:17 pm »
Can I go back to the states after 3 or 4 months? I just had 2 week vacation in Texas last month.. I want to go back next year march or April.

vain_kixie

  • Guest
Re: Usual US Port of Entry Questions - Tourist
« Reply #439 on: December 12, 2012, 04:37:49 am »
as long as you have a valid visa.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close