We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on FemaleNetwork.com. By continued use, you agree to our privacy policy and accept our use of such cookies. Find out more here.
Remember Me
Oops! Sorry!
A message has been sent to
johnjones@gmail.com
Click on the link in the email to set a new password.
Click on the link to activate your account.
^naka-book ka na ng flight mo sis?
IMO, I don't think it's necessary to really dress up. I remember during my last trip, I was just wearing slippers pa and everything went well. And I don't know kung pano ka matitingnan ng mga IO's from head to foot. Unless siguro they make an effort and tumayo sila from where they're sitting at. Even from afar, ganun din dapat nilang gawin... Siguro mga sis the best advice is just answer them casually. Ako nga even if I looked like a "basahan" (lol), ang bilis lang nung interview ko tas yung 4 fingers ko lang sa right hand ang ini-scan. Sa iba kasi both hands plus the thumbs pa.
^^^Wala siguro sis, mas mabilis lang tayo. Naku don't mind others sis, as long as you have the cleanest intention then you'll be ok. Yung iba kasi pessimistic lang masyado.
^^True, the others kasi worry too much and think negatively...they are rubbing off on the others tuloy... ^irische-if you mean usage as in entry, as long as you get to your port of entry by the date on your visa, ok lang....yung period of stay will be determined by the IOs there naman eh...like I said in my earlier posts, I'm travelling to the US again around 15ish of April, my visa is expiring on the 26th, ok lang yun. You won't have a problem. The date of entry is different from the period of sojourn determined by the arrival immigration officers.
together with my hubby & 2 kids, we went to the US last december & our point of entry was also at detroit before going to florida then tp NY and finally to LA... the questions were the usual what's the purpose of your stay, how long do u intend to stay and where will you be staying? it was just brief and my kids were also asked what's their name & the IO even joked at my youngest to send his kisses to mickey mouse (as we told him we'll be staying for a week at a resort near disneyworld)... i guess, it helps when you had kids with you as they will think that it's just purely a vacation with family but we saw a filipina girl next to our lane who was questioned a lot & she was escorted to a room. i don't know what happened to her...
^sis, sana nga she's ok nasaan man siya ngayon & wasn't traumatized by what happened. i remembered black kasi yun IO ng-question sa kanya & in that lane, parang ang bagal ng usad kasi dami questions nun black IO esp if asians... so far, we've been to states 4x but okay naman na-experience namin with the IO's...
Sis that is what I meant lol...one of the things kasi na sinasabi nila is I am flying close to my visa expiry date but July pa naman or August yon...but sabi nila that is one grounds of A to A daw and if I wish to fly May dapat paparenew ko muna. True ka sis..it is really rubbing off on me...kasi naman sinong taong may gusto na ma A to A diba?! and even if hindi mo iniisip yon eh papasok talaga yon if parati yon ang topic when they here that I am going to visit a show again there. Saan POE mo sis? Sis kwento mo sa akin sa pagbalik mo ha yong experience mo sa POE? Pang ilang trip mo sa US tong balik mo sa April sis? And how long do you normally stay?
True sis it does help kung kasama mo yong pamilya mo especially yong mga kids kasi walang tao with their right mind gustong tumira sa states with kids noh...ang hirap kaya! walang yaya and ang day care ang mahal mahal pa! so least na pinagdududahan talaga if with family...siguro yong babae is subject to secondary interview na yon...pray ko for her sana naka lusot sya!
Hello, I am getting a bit confused by your reply. What I understood by your question was that you are planning on flying close to your visa expiry date, right? So that was what I answered. If you are still apprehensive, check out the FAQs on the official US Embassy Manila website and it states the same thing I said. The date of entry is different from the period of sojourn given by the arrival immigration officer. Who are you referring to by, "sabi nila..."? Because based on my experience in the airline biz, they don't deport you just because of the proximity of your US arrival date to your visa validity because it's perfectly legit to use it. There are other factors given for the deportations.This link might help answer your questions. Check out Q13 and Q14.:http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/faq.html#1My POE last year was SFO. Tried SEA na din before thru JL. This April, I'm entering thru LAS. It'll be my nth visit to the US. Some of my previous stays have been for a year (I held an A2 visa before..lived and studied there) but for vacations I usually stay 3weeks to 1 month only.
Not true. Some families get denied because since they already brought everybody, the children, mother, etc, they won't have anymore reason to go back to Phils because everyone is already in US. Kahit mahal ang daycare center at walang yaya, if free ang education and your future is "secured" (??), bakit hindi nalang mag TNT? How do I know? Because a distant relative brought his family in the US and now his whole clan (not us) is suffering coz they always get denied sa US visa application pa lang kahit na business trip pa.It boils down to, do you have enough money to support yourself while in US?
^Don't worry too much about it. As I said earlier, as long as you have good intentions, don't get too worked up over it. I've had passengers who've even left on flights arriving in the US on the visa expiry date itself. It's a big risk, yeah. But if you gotta go, you gotta go.