watch now

Author Topic: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)  (Read 206132 times)

oshiawase

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #560 on: June 12, 2014, 02:13:29 pm »
Has anyone tried using olive oil on the hair to enhance the curls/waves and control frizz? How was it? :)

nixiquita

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #561 on: August 14, 2014, 11:52:17 pm »
I guess you have to have it straightened first before you can achieve soft smooth bigger curls or waves through digital perm. So avail ka nung rebond with perm. Some salons offer that. Irerebond ka muna then ididigiperm. Kasi kung kinky at tight curls, i dont think maaachieve mo yung big curls agad without straightening the hair first.

kvandenhaak

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #562 on: August 15, 2014, 12:52:05 am »
I have curly hair and I struggle with it from the very beginning. Yes, to get nice big curls you have to smoothen or straighten your hair first. Blow dry it straight first then use the flat iron to get big curls. I am using Eufora smoothing products and it works great on my hair. My hair is straight enough pero may body, hindi yung flat na flat. I don't even have to use flat iron to straighten my hair, blow dry lang. I use the flat iron to achieve big curls.

yelo

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #563 on: August 15, 2014, 01:38:28 am »
for 10 long years I only resorted to hair rebonding because I hate my stubborn curly hair, but now I decided to embrace it because I hate the super straight rebonded hair na parang dinilaan ka ng baka look.

I have 2a/2b type of hair, my hair strands are thin yet my hair is thick so its really prone to frizzing. I haven't explored hair styling products for curly hair so I stick to oils, polish and waxes for now to prevent my hair from freezing. What I do is just squeeze out the excess water from my hair after showering then I put sunflower oil or Vitress hair polish then I put wax to control the freeze.

Now my problem is hair cut, I want to go to a hairstylist who knows how to cut curly hair but I don't know anyone, do you have any recommendations? I can't afford to go to Juro's salon, its just waaayyy out of my budget.

sabinestrohen

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #564 on: August 15, 2014, 09:32:39 am »
I have never had my hair rebonded.

I have 3a hair. I do a weekly VCO treatment to keep them from going dry, and I found a new product that I love, Ilog Maria Honey shampoo. I don't use conditioner because i find that it makes my hair go limp and the curls go flat. I used to do hot oil treatments etc, but they ended up damaging my hair more, so now i just comb VCO or olive oil through my hair, cover it in a haircap for about 2 hours (i've had it on for as long as 10 hours) and shampoo as usual. If I'm going out to do random chores, I sometimes leave the VCO in my hair and mix other essential oils in it so i don't smell like food, and then hide my hair up in a cute turban or scarf.

I love my curly hair!

I've never had a problem with hairstylists not knowing how to cut my hair. Know what hair type you have (us wavy, curly girls can vary from 2a to 3c). Look for celebrities with the exact same hair type as yours. My advice is make sure the haircutter gets to see your hairstyle peg photo and your hair when it's naturally dry. Ask them straight up if they can cut your hair like that (within reason, of course, don't ask for miracles, LOL). If they can't, LEAVE. Don't let them usher you into the shampoo area without seeing how your hair moves. Tell them how much time you can spend in the morning styling it. No use getting a fantastic haircut that looks great when you leave the salon only to find out that you cant get the same look without waking up really early to break out the hairdryer and styling spray.

patstarr

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #565 on: August 15, 2014, 05:45:46 pm »
I've recently discovered olive oil for the hair too! Really really helps reduce frizz for me. Used to have dry hair since I dye my hair a lot but olive oil revived my hair.

If I may ask, where do you get your haircut? Cant seem to find stylist na "hiyang" sa hair ko even when they look at my hair dry. :(

sabinestrohen

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #566 on: August 15, 2014, 07:37:19 pm »
Hi patstarr! I havent had a drastic haircut in almost two years because i'm growing it out but the last haircut and styling I had was at Piandre in Alabang. Call them and ask for the person who specializes in curly hair. They have other branches too if you're not from the south. They did a really good job with my cut, so now I can just go to the el cheapo 50 peso barberia and ask them to trim my hair!

My mom (who i get my kulot genes from, she has 3b hair) likes Franck Provost on Jupiter St., Makati.

simang

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #567 on: August 16, 2014, 01:45:03 am »
I just learned that mine's type 2b pala. Hehe. Nung mahaba pa hair ko i almost always have it with layers. With my pixie, i tried several styles --- emma watson style though mine looked like halle berry's kase nga the curls, tas when i grew my bangs parang ginnifer goodwin naman. Ngayon im trying to grow it out, medyo bob na sya. I used to use a lot of product nung very short pa hair ko, pero i stopped na din ngayon wash and wear na lang talaga sya

imyourangel

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #568 on: August 16, 2014, 11:40:49 am »
What's with the curly types? Where do I know what's my type? :P

sabinestrohen

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #569 on: August 16, 2014, 11:50:04 am »
Hi there imyourangel! I did a quick google search for you.

Check this out: http://positivelysmitten.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/curly-hair-types1.png

youareaschizoe

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #570 on: August 16, 2014, 12:23:46 pm »
I also have naturally wavy hair and never na ako nagparebond since 2010.

I use Herbal Essence Totally Twisted for curls and waves Shampoo and Conditioner to enhance more my mermaid hair. :)

mimigirl

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #571 on: August 16, 2014, 12:55:25 pm »
I have wavy curly hair. Lagi din akong nagpaparebond. Lastyear i colored my hair Light Ash Blonde, it was so light! Bumalik ako sa BenchFix to mellow it down. So ang nangyari twice akong kinulayan ng buhok that made my hair really dry and damaged kasi manipis lang ang strand ng hair ko.

So damaged na umaayaw na yung mga salon na irebond ako, even on high end salons. So I end up having Brazilian Blowout. Until recently 3 weeks ako, ang ang sabi sakin, wag muna ako magpa rebond or brazilian kasi prehas silang nakakadamage sa hair ko. I should let it grow which would take a year or more saka ako pwde irebond. I-embrace ko daw muna ang pagka kulot ko.

So from my long hair (tummy line), na super dry mala walis tambo, i decided to chop it off to collarbone line. Then moisturizing treatment. Every other day shampoo, everyday conditioner, 2x a week home treatment. At first hesitant ako kasi hindi ako sanay na kulot, but then a lot of people keep on saying mas bagay sakin wavy, may volume, unlike limp dry straight hair. I never had this much compliment in my hair.

Right now, i use Monea Curl Defining Milk after bath while the hair is damp, then scrunch until it dries. So much better than having it straight. Ang bango pa. Im so happy now. :)

Sorry ang haba. Nakaka frustrate kasi hair ko nun e. May pinanghuhugutan ako. Hehe!

imyourangel

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #572 on: August 17, 2014, 08:12:45 pm »
^^^Wow thanks! I never thought there are types of curly hair.

I am type 2B!! :) Minsan kapag nasobrahan ng mousse parang nagiging 2C haha.

harley18

  • Guest
Curly hair
« Reply #573 on: May 24, 2015, 11:13:48 am »
Sino ang mga kulot dito? :D

Share naman kayo ng magandang products at tips para ma-maintain ang mgandang curls.

Share ko lang story ng hair ko. Pinanganak akong kulot, pero pagdating ng HS, I started to straight my hair. Nun una relax lang, pagdating ng college, pinarebond ko na.. every 6 months ako nagpapa-rebond. Nakakasawa na!! Hanggang sa sobrang dry na ng hair ko.. So ang ginawa ko, ginupit ko ng bongga. Pixie cut. Most people likes it, naninibago ako, feeling ko buhaghag e.. Any tips? Thanks!

oshiawase

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #574 on: May 24, 2015, 06:07:55 pm »
My hair is type 2A to 2B. somewhere in between, depends kung pano 'yung routine pero it never gets curlier than 2B.

I've been on the no-poo regimen and it's one of the best decisions ever! I do not use shampoo. Yup, I do not use shampoo. I clean my hair and scalp using conditioner. I use gel while its wet then use mousse once it gets dry. It takes a lot of maintenance and effort to make it look better but I love it than those pin straight hair. :)

imyourangel

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #575 on: May 24, 2015, 09:14:32 pm »
^Although minsan nakakainggit yung straight hair na veeery low maintenance.. after maligo, one suklay then poof okay na! hahaha :) Buttt I'm lovin' my curly hair, no regrets :)

fionaapple

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #576 on: May 24, 2015, 10:58:51 pm »
^count me in. Di ako nagpaparebond kahit anong sabihin ng mga parlorista.

harley18

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #577 on: May 25, 2015, 07:42:44 am »
Hinding hindi na din ako magpaparebond.. Nagsisisi ako bakit hindi ko pa minahal ang pagiging kulot dati..

BTW, wala akong makita sa Watson's na Monea Curling Milk, ang binili ko na lang yun Monea na transparent, parang vitress lang ang effect. San pa kaya ako makakabili ng Monea Curling Milk? Thanks.

patstarr

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #578 on: May 25, 2015, 09:10:58 am »
^ landmark and mercury drug also has money curling milk


it's been 4 years since i've transitioned back to curly hair. no regrets! i started with the no poo method also but recently i shampoo na cos of the heat. this weather is too humid for no poo, awe weigh down curls ko.

try nyo din color your hair and highlights!

simang

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #579 on: May 25, 2015, 04:43:15 pm »
^Although minsan nakakainggit yung straight hair na veeery low maintenance.. after maligo, one suklay then poof okay na! hahaha :) Buttt I'm lovin' my curly hair, no regrets :)

For me naman, wash and wear lang ang buhok ko kahit kulot. Gusto ko din sya kasi kahit na magulo hindi halata :P Lol.

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close