watch now

Author Topic: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)  (Read 206559 times)

hazeenurz

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #480 on: April 21, 2013, 10:07:56 am »
Hi sis, just the "mainstream" brands. :)
Sunsilk & Creamsilk lang ako, hindi naman ako ganon kayaman para mamili pa ng products.

Plus, Vitress Hair Cuticle Coat. :) (Eto yung transparent, not the white cream)

Here's a picture of my curls (pardon the funny face HAHA)
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/72431_4038907150700_792337745_n.jpg

:)

Ang ganda ng curls mo sis! :)

moodygirl

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #481 on: April 21, 2013, 01:10:33 pm »
^Thanks sis @hazeenurz! Nitong college nga lang umayos yan e, nung HS and elementary kasi ako, galit na galit ako sa hair ko, so lagi ko syang sinusuklay, hoping na mastraight sya. Then 1day, wala akong pasok nun, pinaglaruan ng tita ko yung buhok ko, binantayan nya talaga na wag ako magsuklay for one whole day, and sobrang ganda ng kinalabasan. Since then, once a day ko nalang sya sinusuklay (after maligo), then finger comb nalang kung mejo gumugulo (windy day kasi minsan).

No harm in trying mga sis. Mas lalo bumubuhaghag kapag sinusuklay yung curly hair (frizzy yung dating) kaya mas maganda once lang sinusuklay (habang basa pa) then let it be para buo yung curls nya (better looking than digiperm) :)

zirkel

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #482 on: April 30, 2013, 11:28:43 pm »
hi what do you do para hindi dry yung hair? anong treatment ba ang okay? or better, products to use na lang?

megumiii

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #483 on: May 01, 2013, 03:48:51 pm »
I've always sported short hair when I was young up to 2nd year of high school so I honestly had no idea whether I have a straight or curly mane. But one thing's for sure: my hair would always flip outside at the ends. Anyway, I always get comments from people asking me if my hair is natural or not, then my mom would proudly answer that mine has always been like that, and then they would go, "Wow! Natural!". When I was sporting the boyish cut (I really mean the ones that made people mistook me for a boy - those were the dark ages in my life), I absolutely don't understand why they were asking me and complimenting me that - I look at myself in the mirror quite a lot of times each day and haven't figured out what my hair really is; and it's pretty hard to appreciate myself (or my hair for that matter) because I used to detest those boy cuts mom forced on me because she believes that we could still grow taller if we chop off most of our hair - but it's not true, because most of us are petite in stature and no amount of hair shaving nor hair cutting would bestow us even a millimeter.

Anyway, as I tried to grow out my hair, I started ironing them by college freshman year because my classmates would always comment as to how my hair resembles a witch's - in other words, a BIG mess. By ironing them daily, I noticed the frizzes are tamed and they look a lot neater. That routine lasted until I was in junior year when my family kept on commenting that my hair looks so dry and damaged. That's when I stopped and embraced my natural roots.

When I stopped straightening my hair, I was flocked by comments from my classmates that they never knew my hair was actually curly. In my defense, I told them I don't have curly hair; just wavy. By the time I turned into senior college student, I got compliments as to how my hair looks so long and pretty. And the compliments keep on coming even now - that my hair looks like it's been digi-permed - which I get a lot from relatives, friends, classmates, and sales ladies (Although I never underwent any perming. Just had my hair dyed). In my experience, my hair keeps on developing more definite waves by the year - or maybe it's because I'm starting to take good care of my hair more, cause before, I used to rub my hair vigorously with a towel, dry my hair in front of a fan cause I didn't want to go out with wet hair, and use a paddle brush. But now, I'm letting the conditioner stay on my hair for 3 minutes or longer, twisting my hair and wringing it to drain the excess water, and combing with a wide-tooth comb (or sometimes I just make do with my fingers). So far, I'm totally loving my natural hair so much, and I'm letting it grow until it reaches past my butt area (It has already reached my lower back). By July, I'm planning to get an ombre hair. I hope it would look good on my locks!  ;D

On a sad note, as much as I love my wavy tresses, I love full, straight bangs (I'm already sick of my side swept bangs). But whenever I get my bangs cut straight, everything ends up looking odd because my bangs are also wavy! :'(

oshiawase

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #484 on: May 03, 2013, 01:14:27 pm »
hi girls, naturally wavy din kasi ako. Mej frizzy din hair ko. Yung parang sa tuktok andaming nakatayo na hair. Ano bang okay na product to use?

Prunella

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #485 on: May 14, 2013, 10:34:04 am »
I was able to try na the Splash Setting Lotion.. CUrling ba? basta yung Yellow ang cap tapos transparent
ang bottle.   Very cheap lang sha,  pero maganda nga for the hair!  Firm ang hold nya.   A bit sticky lang ng
konti pag inaapply pero pag nag dry na,   okay na sha.

I like it.   Pang alternate sa Monea,  kasi medyo mas mahal ang monea eh.  ;)

Glad you like it, sis. :)

nenmaroon

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #486 on: May 29, 2013, 07:38:57 am »
I was able to try na the Splash Setting Lotion.. CUrling ba? basta yung Yellow ang cap tapos transparent
ang bottle.   Very cheap lang sha,  pero maganda nga for the hair!  Firm ang hold nya.   A bit sticky lang ng
konti pag inaapply pero pag nag dry na,   okay na sha.

I like it.   Pang alternate sa Monea,  kasi medyo mas mahal ang monea eh.  ;)

Sis how much yung splash setting lotion? at wer to buy it?

TIA! :)

mspipay

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #487 on: May 29, 2013, 01:53:35 pm »
Im using splash din pero yung white yung body. You can find this sa groceries, and i think sa watsons din

nenmaroon

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #488 on: May 29, 2013, 07:42:35 pm »
^ oh thank you sis, makabili nga nian ng splash lotion :)

thelegallycurly

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #489 on: June 11, 2013, 11:43:08 pm »
Hi! I have natural curly hair. Parang telephone cord sya :D

Uhhmmm.. I'm planning to have my haircut sana kaya lang I don't know kung anong salon.
I want to try highend salons kase never akong na satisfied sa lowend salons.

So please if you have recommendation pati name ng Hairstylist na specialized for Curly Hairs please please tell me.


Thanks in advance  :)

aNgelofThEMorning

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #490 on: June 17, 2013, 03:31:30 pm »
Im using splash din pero yung white yung body. You can find this sa groceries, and i think sa watsons din

same here, been using it for years na. the trick here is to use pea size amount only, sticky pag napadami. kaya ng ang tipid nitong gamitin eh ;)

Juricks

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #491 on: July 26, 2013, 08:20:21 pm »
^^ dilemma ko din yan. I found one before na hiyang ako. Kaso nagresign. Haha

Myealexis21

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #492 on: September 01, 2013, 07:33:42 pm »
^I'm so fed up na of sitting for hours to have my hair rebonded, as in 7-9hrs! Grr! Tapos after 3months andyan na ulit ang kakulutan.. I've decided before to embrace my kakulutan, pero naduwag ako at ayun nagparebond ulet.  Now, gusto ko nang seryosohin.  8months old na ang rebonded hair ko, ang hirap ng transition stage na ito, gusto ko na paputulan hair ko kase for sure bubuhaghag at lalo lang ako mamumrublema.  Kakatapos ko pa lang magbackread...nalilito na ako sa mga products hahah!

timetraveller

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #493 on: September 05, 2013, 07:41:39 pm »
Triny kong konti lang ang ilagay na Monea Curl Defining Milk, ang gandaaaa ng hair ko. Mas nade-define yung curls, tapos hindi frizzy, and yung tikwas tikwas na-tame sya. Feeling ko HG ko na 'to ;D

fheury28

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #494 on: September 06, 2013, 06:23:26 pm »
Triny kong konti lang ang ilagay na Monea Curl Defining Milk, ang gandaaaa ng hair ko. Mas nade-define yung curls, tapos hindi frizzy, and yung tikwas tikwas na-tame sya. Feeling ko HG ko na 'to ;D


sis, saan nakakabili nito?

andreil_19

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #495 on: September 06, 2013, 07:26:05 pm »
^watson sis

packsmom

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #496 on: September 06, 2013, 09:16:05 pm »
ay pasok ako dito  :D

nung batang bata pa ako almost 'fro ang hair ko. as in tiny curls, na malaki (yung buong hair in proportion to my tiny head) and frizzy.. my hair was loved by adults, hated(more like i was teased) by children..

slowly nagtatame yung curls ng hair ko. then napansin ko nung college ako na first 3" ng hair ko straight   then the rest curly na. pero it's still frizzy. the outer part of my hair tends to dry out quickly that's why i each month i always have it trimmed.

last year, i chopped my hair into a bob (i'm not if that's what's called, basta super iksi, rihanna-style). i liked it pero mas high maintenance pa kasi i have to blow dry my hair each time i go out kaya mas lalong nagdry..

i'm growing my hair back and hopefully maging more manageable na sya..

my sisters use monea curling milk, we buy it from landmark P100 ata.. and maganda sya...

dont rub the towel into your hair, squeeze squeeze lang and don't comb it while it's wet..

bugs

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #497 on: September 10, 2013, 06:56:54 am »
May Monea Curling Milk din sa SM Dept Store.

Myealexis21

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #498 on: September 10, 2013, 12:48:40 pm »
Share ko lang.

So I am in transition in gaining back my natural curly hair. Pumunta ako salon last week to have my ends trimmed.  Naku ang mga hairstylist pinipilit akong pa-rebond ang hair ko.. My gulay I summoned all my strength and will to say "NO" hahaha! Ang kulit lang nila!

packsmom

  • Guest
Re: Naturally curly hair (mga kulotchina)
« Reply #499 on: September 14, 2013, 12:48:09 am »
^haaayy naku sis ganyan na ganyan ang naririnig ko tuwing nagpapagupit ako kahit na ngayong maiksi na hair ko..

natutunan ko na lang talaga dedmahin sila o kaya sasabihin ko magpapakulot pa ako haha

 

Latest Stories

Load More Stories
Close